Author Topic: Discussion on Hell in Book "All Dogs go to Heaven, don't they"  (Read 489 times)

TheAuthenticFan

Discussion on Hell in Book "All Dogs go to Heaven, don't they"
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
  By.    R. Maurice Smith, has anyone seen this Book, can they comment on what the book says
which Defends the Traditional View of Hell :gimmefive:

Online micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Re: Discussion on Hell in Book "All Dogs go to Heaven, don't they"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:04:24 PM »
No. But there are many books written that defend "traditional" views(which seems foolish should you believe His Word) I prefer standing on what the Bible teaches.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: Discussion on Hell in Book "All Dogs go to Heaven, don't they"
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »
TAF, in my experience, "Hell" finds its most persuasive advocate in FICTION - whether it is epic poetry, prose, or EweToob videos.  Virgil's Inferno, Chick Tracts, and vids are NOT in the Biblical canon.  Keep to what the Bible says, and keep in mind that "Hell" usually means "the grave," and that the early church was mostly Universalist.  Remember what Jesus said about the Traditions of men...
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.