Author Topic: Confused about a verse about the tree of Life  (Read 746 times)

Full of Questions

Confused about a verse about the tree of Life
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:56:38 PM »
There is a page on the site (http://www.tentmaker.org/lists/BibleStudyTips.html) where something confused me. 

The quote is about the translation of a certain Bible passage:

There are some Bibles which state that "if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the "BOOK of life" (KJV, NKJV) while others warn that one would lose their part in the "TREE of life." (NIV, NASB, etc) So which is it? Can one find out? Yes, they can, but they need to "study to show themselves approved." The correct text reads "tree of life."

But if someone loses their part in the Tree of Life, doesn't that mean that they don't have salvation? 

PaoloNuevo

Re: Confused about a verse about the tree of Life
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »
Gerry Beauchemin told me that he believes "Book of Life" is simply a metaphor for Christ... It's a question of whether a person's name is currently written in that "Book" or not in order to enter the city... The tree of life must be a metaphor for immortality, satisfaction, the peace of God's salvation that all the saved are given (and eventually all mankind) will partake from eventually.

:2c:

Full of Questions

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »
Thank you for your help.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 12:43:49 AM »
 :cloud9: I think it's interesting that one of the ancient Jewish scholars said that all who have been or ever will be, are encoded in the Torah. From what I've seen, it seems to be true. I saw a code of my own name in there, from the computer program that they created to find ELS codes.

And I agree the book of life is Christ.  :thumbsup: All things were made by Him and for Him. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 01:59:36 AM »

And I agree the book of life is Christ.   :HeartThrob:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 03:45:48 AM »

It's attempting to write our own script that gets us in trouble.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
:cloud9: I think it's interesting that one of the ancient Jewish scholars said that all who have been or ever will be, are encoded in the Torah. From what I've seen, it seems to be true. I saw a code of my own name in there, from the computer program that they created to find ELS codes.

And I agree the book of life is Christ.  :thumbsup: All things were made by Him and for Him. Blessings....
Lemme guess. Your name is encoded in Jeremiah 29:9  :icon_king:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
 :cloud9: :tongue:   :thewife:  :laughing7: It's in several scriptures, but that's not one of them.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor