Author Topic: Change Your Insurance Policies  (Read 1457 times)

rockclimber

Change Your Insurance Policies
« on: September 16, 2007, 05:03:14 PM »
This came from a commentary that i read. Your thoughts please.
Our homeowners insurance comes due on an annual basis most often, car insurance semi-annually, or monthly depending upon the risk. But, most people buy a fire insurance policy against hell when in their teens, and they never take it out and look at it again. My recommendation is that you review that old policy and that you trade your fire insurance for a life assurance policy!

Too many denominations have beat to death the phrase "saved by Christ" that no one seems to know what it means other than they hear it a lot and it sounds good.

Saved from what?

For most the "salvatistic line" means some sort of "celestial fire insurance policy. No burning eternally in hell. Don't get too excited, there is still divine judgment.

Then there are those who do not believe in hell anyway(nothing scares them), so this celestial fire insurance would be a waste of time and money to earn or go after.

Salvation needs to be re-preached, re-formatted, re-packaged, and re-stated so that the modern world can comprehend what's being said. The LIFE ASSURANCE policy is what salvation is all about. Salvation, Kingdom living is about wholeness of life, a relationship with God, the Creator, and "gifts of life" beyond measure.

Now we're talking something people want. Life assurance, not fire insurance! Got it? If not get it!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 04:45:56 AM by rockclimber »

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Change Your Insurance Policies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 05:19:26 PM »
 :cloud9: Yes, it does. Starting with born from above, not born again. Makes a BIG difference. Blessings to you........
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Kratos

Re: Change Your Insurance Policies
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »
Good post, RC, and so true. Focusing on a Heaven to gain and a Hell to shun has been used as a distraction to keep the world focused on other things than their relationship to God.

John
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God