I would like to think most of you on this forum read and meditate the word of God in your bibles. If you read from Genesis to Revelation there are 5 common categories. God's word is constantly teaching these 5 categories in the OT and the NT.
1) The revelation of the character of God
2) The revelation of Divine judgment for sin and disobedience
3) The revelation of Divine blessing for faith and obedience
4) The revelation of the Lord Savior and sacrifice for sin
5) The revelation of the Kingdom of God and the glory of the Lord Savior
It is essential as one studies Scripture to grasp these recurring categories like great hooks on which to hang the passages. While reading through the bible, one should be able to relate each portion of Scripture to these dominate topics, recognizing that what is intoduced in the OT is also made more clear in the NT. I welcome your responses.