Author Topic: Atwater  (Read 1489 times)

DeeDee

Atwater
« on: November 12, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »
I am very interested in NDE researcher P.M.H Atwater's book Beyond the light. I am especially interested in her revelations section. Have any of you read it? If so I would love a review on it or a link where I can get an online version of the book. I don't want to buy the book I just want to read that specific section. The reason for this is this lady (Atwater) seems to be sort of a Universalist in her views. Would love any feedback you can give me on this. Maybe it will help us understand how NDE's fit into Universalism.

Blessings and love
Dee

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Atwater
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:31:40 PM »
I have here book: "We Live Forever - The real truth about death"
Had no time to read it yet.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

DeeDee

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:50:50 PM »
I find her fascinating because she had 3 NDE's of her own and has spent years researching what they are and what they mean.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »
Let me say this DD,

a] I'm very sure some NDEs are just fake:
- making money
- making fame
- scaring Christians for fun
- scaring Christians because ETs believe it turns people toward heaven

b] Some NDEs could be real. But I think those should be split up in:
- NDEs from Father/Son/HS
- NDEs from satan and his demons

c] Some NDEs are just very real looking dreams based on believes. Many people get bad dreams from seeing an horror movie.

d] Are NDEs showing reality? Or are they some sort of parables.
I've read an heaven NDE. There where flowers, streams. A table where everyone would have the marriage supper with the Lamb.
I'm the last one who will know how heaven looks like; but I doubt heaven looks that way.
So the NDE was more like a parable.
Just like the pharao got a vision of 7 fat and skinny cows comming out of the Nile.
Is there any cow mentioned after that in the whole famine story????

My point is that it is impossible to sepearte the true and false stuff. Some may very easily debunked others not.
Then the only thing that stays is the Bible. Everything you need to know and that is relavant is in the Bible.
If it isn't in the Bible the NDE gets "prolly fake" label from me.
Whats next? Someone that got instructed by Jesus adding a new book to the Bible?

Jesus said beware of false teachers....
The problem is that Satan almost never lies. 99% of his words are as true a the words of Jesus. Then satan adds 1% lie. And that lie totally flips over all the good words Jesus taught.
Basicly Satan says: What Jesus thaught is 100% true. But he forgot to mention 1 tiny thing. It's only true for 5% of humanity.

So DD, just live a good life. Then you enter heaven. ET or UR heaven. But still heaven.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »
Luke 16:31
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I just realized that it is not so much that people do not believe in God, as they do not believe in life after death.   If they really believed they would continue to live after death, they might not do all the nonsense and cruel things they do to others in this life.

I doubt that people like Atwater could convince such people, either.   Those who would believe these experiences already believe in God, with few exceptions.

The most impressive near death books have been written by doctors who have experienced them through their patients who died and were revived.   What is most amazing about the NDE is their coherency--that they are not like a dream state but very much grounded in reality with a beginning, a middle, and an end.

There are a lot of interviews with her on youtube if you haven't seen them yet, Dee.  She also has a website.

LaurieJo

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »
I just realized that it is not so much that people do not believe in God, as they do not believe in life after death.

I think so too, Molly.
I had an NDE when I was 16yo....since then I've never had trouble understanding that my "self" will live when this body I'm in gives out.

DeeDee

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 03:25:36 PM »
I have been to her website and read up there, but I am interested in her book beyond the light, the revelations section. She bases it on so to say summaries of lots of NDE's to come to some sort of conclusion. That is what has me interested. It's not that I believe in them (nde's) and its not that I don't - Only God knows for now if they are real or not - it's to try and understand them a little better.

Blessings
Dee