Author Topic: Anyone near Springfield MO?  (Read 2913 times)

ducktapehero

Anyone near Springfield MO?
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:59:31 AM »
I'd like to know if there's anyone near Springfield/Branson MO. I love living in the Ozarks but it is a hotbed of right wing Christian fundamentalism. Finding a church that will even CONSIDER what is being discussed here is hard to find. I'd love to find some others near me who'd like to get together and study this.

If this is the wrong place to discuss this then I apologize.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Anyone near Springfield MO?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:35:48 AM »
Not the wrong place at all to discuss it.  I'm in Missouri, but not really near Springfield.  I'm in the St. Louis area.  Gary Amirault, the TM site's owner lives around the St. Louis area as well, actually probably 45 minutes to an hour the other direction from me.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see if anybody's near.
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »
There should be a church in Springfield called "House of Prayer" that was started by Bill Brittan, who is now gone on.  To my knowledge, to avoid contention and be a better servant to the rest of the body of Christ, his emphasis resting in other areas, he never made a public stand for UR.  He may have shared that faith with some of his closer confidants.  Certainly there were those who reularly met, shared and ministered there that had the belief that God would ultimately save all.  We have friends from that church.  A lot of "Sonship" churches (teaching the manifestation of the sons of God rather than the rapture) intentionally encourage a mix of beliefs among their members about the final disposition of the wicked.  You know, we have a lot of important stuff more "at hand" that needs to be set straight!  Because of their entering into the power of God and respect of the Scriptures I would recommend, what is its full name? "House of Prayer for All Nations."  I met a prophet from there that could tell you your name, address and telephone number, among other things.  There was a decade or so that I passed out many copies of the message, "Jonathan and Zadok" by Bill Brittan.  His writings are priceless! and much can be obtained from the internet free.  I was priveleged to be in meetings where he taught.  He never spoke less than 2 hrs and 15 min.  Did he ever know the Bible!!!

The Church in Action Philip Britton
P. O. Box 707 Springfield, Mo. 65801
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:59:14 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE

Tim B

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:56:15 AM »
Woah, Jabcat and Gary live in the St. Louis area?? So do I!  :bigGrin:

ducktapehero

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »
I found the phone number to the "House of Prayer" in the Yellow Pages. I will give them a call later on. Thanks a bunch.

trettep

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 06:37:48 AM »
I'm in St. Louis metro area.

Paul

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 06:48:22 AM »
That's cool  :thumbsup:.  I live in Festus, work downtown St. Louis at Wellpoint/Anthem [Behavioral Health] right across the street from Union Station.  Gary lives in Hermann, which is what, maybe 45 minutes west of St. Louis? 

Guess you could move east about 4 hours hero...then again, from Springfield to St. Louis?  Uh, maybe not.  I'd keep the Ozarks if I were you.

martincisneros

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »
I'd keep the Ozarks if I were you.
LOL!  Yes, as great as Jabcat is, I'd deeply encourage you to be a little more inclined to hang out with Gary Amirault if you are THAT CLOSE to his place by comparison with my being in Texas.  I've heard from Gary and from one or two others that he's got a really great personal library of a bunch of Lexicons and rare UR books and other study materials, that from what I've heard, would be worthy of a professor of theology to have as a personal collection.  As he's groaned before, numerous times, that he's got other stuff that's not in the books section of the Tentmaker site yet and he's simply needing help with getting it typed up for the website.  In terms of what's really behind any translational issues in the New Testament, he'd probably have just the resources for you to thumb through, if not the personal time to look it up for you with some stuff he's got going on. 

You can reach him at gary @ tentmaker.org  I've broken up the email address to avoid any oopses with some of the online spam bots that would love to find that kind of contact info.  Even if you wouldn't consider yourself a scholar or even inclined towards being one, you've probably likely got that one or two passages in the back of your mind from the Bible that whether or not they're UR related, they bug you about wanting to see what that's really saying.  Gary would be the guy to hook up with, in order to see what he's got going on with not only getting this message spread, but to get a chance to peak at his books.  He's sometimes really brief by email from really not having a whole lot of time for the internet, but I'm sure he'd love to hang out sometime.  I'm certain a lot of people have probably been under the impression that he's been avoiding them, particularly critics, but it's honestly for want of time rather than lack of interest or whatever.

Tim B

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »
Haha, that's funny, just about everybody seems to be from St. Louis. I feel special. (Being from St. Louis too.)  :bigGrin:

trettep

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 07:02:40 AM »
That's cool  :thumbsup:.  I live in Festus, work downtown St. Louis at Wellpoint/Anthem [Behavioral Health] right across the street from Union Station.  Gary lives in Hermann, which is what, maybe 45 minutes west of St. Louis? 

Guess you could move east about 4 hours hero...then again, from Springfield to St. Louis?  Uh, maybe not.  I'd keep the Ozarks if I were you.

Kinda nice down near Festus.   I live in Granite City on the Illinois side of the river.  Hey if you here of any IT jobs that open up let me know.  I'm one of those guys that got laid off.

Paul

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 07:41:42 AM »
Mm, I'm sorry to hear that.  I will keep that in mind.  I do have a few ways to hear things about the IT field, a couple of friends, and my son is going to school for it.

If you're looking for something to tide you over, not a great salary, but still a 40 hour per week job with insurance...working the phones and computer for a company that does customer service for a major wireless company, then PM me.  My son works there while he's going to school, he's been there 2-3 years.  There's a lot of full timers/family people that work there too, and they're CONSTANTLY hiring.  A lot of people do hire on there transitionally, whether it's that they're going to graduate in a year or two, or looking for another job.  They apparently anticipate that's the case, and I think even plan for it, as they have pretty much open hiring.  I drove by there today on my way to work and saw the banner on their building that they're currently hiring.  The company is in Arnold, Mo, about 20 minutes closer to you than is Festus.

Festus is pretty nice, smaller town still with (almost) just enough going on, stores, restaurants, etc.  Only 25 minutes from South St. Louis County...

Lem'me know if you'd like the name of the company and their contact #.  You could probably google them.

God bless, James.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:46:46 AM by jabcat »

trettep

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 05:08:39 PM »
Hi James, I'm holding out a bit for now for IT work but at some point I won't be able to any longer so I will keep that in mind.

Paul

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »
lem'me know if i can help.  take care

trettep

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »
lem'me know if i can help.  take care