Author Topic: Already vs. Someday  (Read 3586 times)

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
Re: Already vs. Someday
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »

thanks cp for your patience with me.  I actually release myself from time/space continuum daily, and hopefully moment by moment; as I actually believe we can transcent "time" now. 

I am not that far off of u in how I approach scripture, but for me; I needed to know a "why" I can approach scripture from this perspective; when I truly don't think the first century church approached it in a "metaphysical"/spiritual" way, even though they were "spiritual".  I truly believe we are in a different age since then. 

blessings;

sorry to be one who seems to always use your posts to question.   

z

Don't ever apologize for 'using' me. It's good to be noticed!

In one sense they are in a different age yet in another sense they are one in Adam/Christ with us. cp

So are we in Adam too?  moving from Adam to Christ??

or is Christ the last adam?? 

Could it be, that we in our perception see ourselves as adam's, but in reality; that is false; the veil truly is torn, the wall has been torn down; and we are no longer bound to Adam.

cp, have you ever read this article??  i'd be interested in your view of it.  or anyone else here....

http://www.sigler.org/incorruptible_seed.htm

Hi Zeek. I was intrigued and checked out this link and read through the (lengthy) article.

I'm not really sure how I feel about his views. I think he's probably right on on some things, but on others it appears to me as though he's going against some pretty clear statements of scripture. Maybe it's just my perception, and I just don't spiritually "get it" on those things yet. I know there was a lot of stuff that I felt the same way about when I first began to look into UR, too. For all I know right now, he could be right on. I guess the best thing I can say at this point is that I'm in general agreement with him on some things, and more ambivalent on others.

I'm going to read his other stuff and see how the Spirit uses it in me....

God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

Jerm

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 05:19:09 AM »
I guess I should add my own view as well.  Something I've looked at and agree with sees "salvation" in three parts.  Part One is Reconciliation.  This refers to what happened on the Cross and how it reconciled all of humanity back to God, both believer and non believer.  Part Two is Awakening/Freedom.  This is, as the name suggests, an awakening to what Christ did at the cross and the consequental freedom that comes from that revelation.  This is only true for those who believe, though everyone will believe eventually.  The Third Part is Deliverence.  This is when we are made immortal and delivered from the power of death and will occur in the future.  So, you could sum this up by saying we were saved, we are being saved, and we are going to be saved.

Wow, great resonation coming from this.  This has revelation from God written all over it.  So glad you shared this with us.  The trademark of coming in threes . . . I receive that with open arms man . .. great post.  May God plant this deeply in me that I may reproduce the same seed into others as you have just done in me.

Thank you Nathan.  When I first read this explanation, it resonated greatly with me as well.  It was a posted on The Christian Heretic blog.  If you've never checked it out, I would greatly recommend it.  There's alot of great stuff there!

Offline Doc

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 01:33:24 AM »
I like that too Jerm. That really resonates with me as well.

Interestingly, that is especially so after reading more of Gary Sigler's material on the site that Zeek posted the link to. I've read just about everything on that site now, and I have to say I believe he's on to something.

I understand that we have been saved, we are being saved and we will be saved! It's a question of degree, rather than timing. It's about transformation and going from glory to glory...  :cloud9:
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

Res Veritas Loquitur

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
Great to have you active again Doc. . . I noticed you were kinda quiet there for a bit.  I miss your insights.

Offline Doc

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
Great to have you active again Doc. . . I noticed you were kinda quiet there for a bit.  I miss your insights.

Yeah, sorry about that. I've been really busy with work and life (and still am), and I needed to take a break to just read and soak in Sigler's material. It's great stuff; I highly recommend it. Probably the most practical material I've ever read on walking in the Spirit.  :thumbsup:

Whatever you do though, don't read the "incorruptible seed" articles first. Read all his other stuff there in order before you read that.

Res Veritas Loquitur