Author Topic: ACTS 1:11  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
ACTS 1:11
« on: June 23, 2010, 05:48:20 AM »
King James Bible
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Does Jesus still have His physical body?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: ACTS 1:11
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:49:45 AM »
Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe."  John 20:27

When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality... I Cor. 15:54.

I know some don't believe so, but I believe He has a glorified body, and I shall see Him as He is.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:49:07 AM »
KJVJoh 20:17 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

KJVJoh 20:19 19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

KJVLuk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus stated He was not a spirit.
He enter through a closed door (assuming the verse really means that), so He wasn't really 'human'.
I can't find the verse right now: Flesh and blood can't enter heaven. So that would mean Jesus no longer has blood?
(btw it would also mean His second coming was then.)
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »
I belive Jesus was both flesh and blood and also made spiritual, so that he has a super body designed for both Earth and heaven, even in his resurection state, Jesus ate fish. I also think that saints will have the same type of body and will be able to travel to heaven and also visit Earth, now that's what I call a great future, so maybe as resurected saints we will still be able to eat meat for example, which hopefully as saints we can still partake of barbecue's and beer.

Now that Jesus has ascended to the father, the father's glory shone on Jesus as the sun, lightens the moon, so when Jesus returns he will come in glory, although since Jesus is God also and achieved glory for the work he done on earth, he may have his own glory to add also.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »
Certainly Jesus ate fish and bread with His friends, He was there for the sole purpose to
to reveal to His friends, that He had rose from the dead that he was flesh and blood just as He was before His death. Should He have returned in any other way, how were His friends to understand it was Him? I dont believe Jesus walked through the door of the closed room, He just was there.
Joh 20:17  Jesus saith to her, `Be not touching me, for I have not yet ascended unto my Father; and be going on to my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and to your God.'
Did Mary see the flesh body of Jesus? I say yes, but He was not yet touchable, as He was with Thomas.
I believe it is time that we begin to reason and find understanding in what the substance of spirit is. I believe Spirit, is more substance, that the natural and physical we get our adam minds around today. I am sure I make little sense, even to myself.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »
Then Micah,
Please pray and ask the Lord for His flowing Spirit of understanding that you may share with the brethren.

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 09:24:21 AM »
I will stick with the question asked by Beloved Servant...

Does Jesus still have his physcial body?

My answer is no.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Quaesitor

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 05:42:20 PM »
Certainly Jesus ate fish and bread with His friends, He was there for the sole purpose to
to reveal to His friends, that He had rose from the dead that he was flesh and blood just as He was before His death. Should He have returned in any other way, how were His friends to understand it was Him? I dont believe Jesus walked through the door of the closed room, He just was there.
Joh 20:17  Jesus saith to her, `Be not touching me, for I have not yet ascended unto my Father; and be going on to my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and to your God.'
Did Mary see the flesh body of Jesus? I say yes, but He was not yet touchable, as He was with Thomas.
I believe it is time that we begin to reason and find understanding in what the substance of spirit is. I believe Spirit, is more substance, that the natural and physical we get our adam minds around today. I am sure I make little sense, even to myself.

I know it's been a while but I just wanted to bring this answer by Micah which has brought a new light of understanding on this subject for me.
Especially this part:

I dont believe Jesus walked through the door of the closed room, He just was there

Powerfull thought!

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »
I think his presence would be known if he was already there

:2c:

Quaesitor

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 10:44:01 PM »
So you believe that Jesus can't hide himself, you believe that men can discern the spiritual easily?
Thing is that the Scriptures tells me that Christ lives inside me and honestly I don't feel it very often.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 02:30:01 AM »
So you believe that Jesus can't hide himself, you believe that men can discern the spiritual easily?
Thing is that the Scriptures tells me that Christ lives inside me and honestly I don't feel it very often.

I think there are different levels of his presence. Some people might sense his comfort, others might see him in other people, some might have a dramatic encounter like saul and fall to their feet as dead, some have visions like Paul, where he doesn't know if hes in the body or outside the body.

As for the Jesus that entered the disciples, I think that this is the same body that Jesus had when he got crucified, except that it had been changed into a spiritual form. I believe we as saints will have the same kind of body as his (40 day super human body AD appearing body, not his heavenly Alpha and Omega, eyes like flaming fire, God body) at the resurection.

We might not feel Jesus often, but there could be many reasons for this, such as the constant presence of Jesus might distract us from work etc or the presence of sin distrupts our communion with him, or we might not "tune in" to his presence and look for it etc.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 06:48:34 AM »
 :cloud9: I think He has a spiritual body, since He ascended, which is why hereafter we'll not know Him after the flesh. My  :2c: The two times I've seen Him, He was in someone else's flesh.

An old friend of mine, had her eyes opened to see Him BOUND in every minister at a denominational national conference. With that one vision, He got her to leave the denomination that had her bound as well. I guess you could say she's a "visual learner".  :laughing7:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »
You know it has occured to me that perhaps Jesus has two bodies. The first body being the logos or the word who created the worlds, the I am who visited Abraham, while the second body is his earthly tabernacle made in the likeness of Adam, The body that appeared to the disciples for 40 days, the lamb of God slain found in the book of revelation, while his other body is the Alpha and Omega, eyes like flaming fire body.

Since He is spirit also he is not confined in 3 dimensional space, but I also believe that these 2 bodies he appears in appear in 3 dimensional space and effect the atmosphere, such as how Moses stood on holy ground.

The scriptures say, that All things were created for him and by him. So that means that all angels are subject unto him, for as the unclean spirit said, Jesus thou son of the most High God.

But the scriptures also say, by inheritance he has obtained more an excellent name than the angels. Notice it says by inheritance, which means he inherited this position to be sat down at the fathers right hand. But as God the creator he already had this position, as the scripture says, Father glorify my name with the glory that I had with the before the foundation of the world.

So I think that the scriptures are saying that he as God the son, came to be our representative the perfect lamb of God and has now by inheritance obtained the right to be the representative of humanity, the great high priest of man who maketh intercession for us and is the mediator between man and God, for he obtained this position as high priest, through his suffering, because before, even though he created all things and had authority over the angels, this time as the sufering servant he obtained this position as man's representative (the second Adam), which means that mankind has a high priest who not only was our creator but came down to be our champion and high priest, to be our representative in the highest court of heaven. The book of revelation shows that no man was able to open the book except the lion of the tribe of Judah, the seed of Abraham  :bigGrin:
Jesus is not only God but the overcoming champion and highest representative being the son of man in the courts of heaven.

Wow, this has opened my eyes a bit. Halleiwyah to Jesus, how awesome he is.

:bgdance:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 10:45:56 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen, yes He does. He was the Word (that is invisible, ie. Spirit, son/seed of God) that BECAME flesh = Jesus, son of man.

Who do men say that I am, and Peter answered, "Thou art the Christ, the son of the living God." Christ was not His name it was His title and means anointing (which is Spirit). And Jesus's reply was equally telling in that He said that flesh and blood (including that of His own) did not reveal it to him, but that His Father that is in heaven, did. Unless be born from above, they cannot see the Kingdom of heaven ie. any spiritual revelation.

Also, Paul, said, Lord, who art thou?, and Jesus said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. Paul was not persecuting the flesh man Jesus, but the spiritual man IN HIS MANY MEMBERED BODY, which is SPIRIT. And Paul saw NO MAN, only a bright light, ie. He is the light of all men that come into the world = Spirit. And that Light is unapproachable by the flesh man. Interesting that Paul was blinded to the things of the world for THREE DAYS, too.  :winkgrin: My  :2c: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 11:11:54 PM »
You could say that he has 3 bodies then. One the God body, second the Jesus resurected body and third, the body of christ, his church through his spirit. Another way of saying it, is that he has 2 bodies. One the son of God body and the other body is his church, the many members you talked about, while Jesus is the head of this body, while we are the members of that body, being the hands or the feet etc. So depending on ones perspective on how you look at the church/saints you could say that he has 3 bodies or 2 bodies.

I prefer to say he has 3 bodies, because he is able to operate in his resurected body independent of say me, and even thou I might be his appendix, sometimes I don't do my job as the appendix and instead do my own thing and transform into a "leech", being independent of his head body.

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »
I dont believe Jesus walked through the door of the closed room, He just was there
I must stand with that reasoning.
And in answer to the queery "I think his presence would be known if he was already there" Thinktank
 Joh 5:13  But, the healed one, knew not, who, it was; for, Jesus, had turned aside, a multitude, being in the place. (Rotherham)
Joh 5:13  But he that was healed had not known who he is, for Jesus did move away, a multitude being in the place. (YLT)
Joh 5:13  And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place. (KJV)
I contend no one "knew His presence left."

I looked up the two words "glorified and body" and you will not find a "glorified body" in the Bible and you will only find "spiritual body" and that only one time 1Co 15:44  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 05:03:12 PM »

"There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. "

Are those two bodies, though, one in the same?
With authority of the Father, He laid down His life and picked it up.
Jesus appeared in the upper room (laid it "down") and disappeared from view (picked it "up" again).
His physical body has been transfigured into something new and no is longer contained by the physical constants of time, distance or space.
Transcendent.
We have never been this way before so He went first to prepare the way.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 05:20:25 PM »
King James Bible
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Does Jesus still have His physical body?

The kingdom is within us so we do not need to look anywhere else.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen  :thumbsup:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 06:43:23 PM »

Amen, yes!

But   :offtopic:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
 :cloud9: Ok, my bad.... :laughing7:

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 07:12:22 PM »
Didn't intend for it to be off topic,  I believe this was a spiritual picture,  of separation anxiety and they were being reminded of the previous promise that the same power they felt leave was bestowed upon them by the holy spirit.

They did not need to gaze into ther heavens longing for Jesus,  he returned within through the holy ghost and the kingdom is with them now.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »

It does not read as though His presence was merely a spiritual apparition.
He ate fish.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 07:43:57 PM »

"There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. "

Are those two bodies, though, one in the same?
With authority of the Father, He laid down His life and picked it up.
Jesus appeared in the upper room (laid it "down") and disappeared from view (picked it "up" again).
His physical body has been transfigured into something new and no is longer contained by the physical constants of time, distance or space.
Transcendent.
We have never been this way before so He went first to prepare the way.

:thumbsup:

Jesus made twelve appearances after his resurrection:

1. His first appearance was to Mary Magdalene, on that early Sunday morning. (Mark 16:9; John 20:10-18).
2. Jesus appeared to the women returning from the tomb. (Matthew 28:9-10).
3. Jesus appeared to two disciples on the road to Emmaus. (Luke 24:13-32; Mark 16:12-13).
4. He appeared to Peter in Jerusalem. (Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5).
5. He appeared to his disciples and other followers, and also a second time to the two men from Emmaus, in a locked room in Jerusalem. The apostle Thomas wasn't there at that time. (Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-23).
6. A week later, Jesus again appeared to his disciples behind locked doors, and this time Thomas was present. (John 20:24-29).
7. Jesus appeared to seven of his disciples on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. (John 21:1-24).
8. Jesus was seen by 500 believers at one time. (1 Corinthians 15:6).
9. He appeared to James. (1 Corinthians 15:7).
10. He appeared to eleven disciples on a mountain in Galilee. (Matt. 28:18-20).
11. He walked with his disciples along the road to Bethany, on the Mount of Olives, and then ascended into Heaven. (Luke 24:50-53).
12. He was seen by Paul on the road to Damascus. (Acts 9:3-6; 1 Corinthians 15:8).

Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 08:04:44 PM »

It does not read as though His presence was merely a spiritual apparition.
He ate fish.

Prior to that, sure, but I was not talking about that verse.

I was commenting about the specific verse and why they didn't need to gaze into the heavens any more.

To answer your question, based on the verse in the thread title, I would say at that moment he was not.   Prior to that,  I think Jesus was visible, but I do not believe it was flesh as we would consider it.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:13:55 PM by Paul Hazelwood »