Author Topic: A very tough questions.  (Read 10004 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: A very tough questions.
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:12 PM »
Did you read the article?
Yes.  It has all the Biblical verses in it.  It's just a matter of interpretation.

I'm not a talmudist.  I'm not a mormon.  I don't believe in reincarnation of the soul.  The only 'karma' is the wages of sin is death, and Jesus reversed that.

But how do you explain this?

26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:49 PM »
Well, some say 'from', some 'before'...some say "slain from, but determined/chosen to be slain before"...what do you believe the significance of either way is?  Are we missing something with one and not the other (besides accuracy/what God actually said)?  I'll look at some more literal translations...what'cha think?
Before creation there was no thing.  God is no thing.  Only God existed.  To make room for a creation God vacated something of Himself.  The Lamb was slain.  This is the source of the new creation.

:icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2009, 09:24:11 PM »
Well, some say 'from', some 'before'...some say "slain from, but determined/chosen to be slain before"...what do you believe the significance of either way is?  Are we missing something with one and not the other (besides accuracy/what God actually said)?  I'll look at some more literal translations...what'cha think?
Before creation there was no thing.  God is no thing.  Only God existed.  To make room for a creation God vacated something of Himself.  The Lamb was slain.  This is the source of the new creation.

:icon_flower:

How is God 'no thing'?  Scripture?  Why a lamb?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »
Did you read the article?
Yes.  It has all the Biblical verses in it.  It's just a matter of interpretation.

I'm not a talmudist.  I'm not a mormon.  I don't believe in reincarnation of the soul.  The only 'karma' is the wages of sin is death, and Jesus reversed that.

But how do you explain this?

26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Lemme start with saying I'm not claiming it's false or true.
It has some (good) verses) to back up their claims. Then it gets hard for me to debunk it...
Same for the verse you quoted.... not a clue what you want to show me with it  :dontknow:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2009, 02:06:45 AM »
Do you have wool?
Do you go "baaaa"?
Are you lost?
Is your house in Israel?

All we like sheep

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

All we like sheep

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

We have turned

We have turned

Every one to his own way

Every one to his own way

All we like sheep

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

Have gone astray

We have turned

Every one to his own way

We have turned We have turned

Every one to his own way

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

Every one to his own way

And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all

---Isa 53:6

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2009, 03:37:23 PM »
Do you have wool?
Do you go "baaaa"?
Are you lost?
Is your house in Israel?

All we like sheep

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

All we like sheep

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

We have turned

We have turned

Every one to his own way

Every one to his own way

All we like sheep

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

Have gone astray

We have turned

Every one to his own way

Every one to his own way

All we like sheep

Have gone astray

Every one to his own way

And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all

---Isa 53:6

So Molly, can you explain exactly what you are trying to say here?  :laughing7:

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
I was just singing along with Handel's Messiah. :Sparkletooth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRPSSyeUK-U
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 03:45:29 PM by Molly »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »
I was actually laying in bed thinking of this post this morning (yes, I'm perhaps a little mentally ill  :laughing7:).  I was wondering if this was something off the movie "Babe", the animals singing or chanting :mblush:.   Handel huh?  I'm also a little culturally challenged I guess.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »
Jabster,

I'm also a little culturally challenged I guess
But still you have a good handel on things :laughing7:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2009, 09:19:45 PM »
 :laughhand:  you just keep surprising me, bro  :thumbsup:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »
It's easier if you keep a Lizt.

(I'll be Bach!)
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »

(I'll be Bach!)
:happygrin:

Its a Myth "Ill Be Bach" was German, actually hes Austrian, some Ex Musleman, come actor , come politician  probably composed a Bit too :icon_flower: I guess
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2009, 02:48:21 PM »

(I'll be Bach!)
:happygrin:

Its a Myth "Ill Be Bach" was German, actually hes Austrian, some Ex Musleman, come actor , come politician  probably composed a Bit too :icon_flower: I guess

Back in the olden times when they would burry what they thought was a dead person was actually still alive. It was just that they couldn't get much of a pulse and the person would revive while in the ground. They know this by the scratch marks on the lids of the coffins. So they began putting bells with a string running to the coffin so that if one would revive he could ring the bell above ground.
Well, when Bach was burried they didn't have this system. But his faithful wife would go to the grave to see if she could hear anything. As it turned out she could hear very faint scratching. So she got the grave keeper and they both could hear the scratching. But he couldn't legally exhume the body so they had to get the sherrif. He heard the scratching too so he gave the go-ahead to exhume the body. They began digging and the closer they got the to coffin the louder the scratching became! They dug and dug and finally opened up the coffin and there was Bach with all the music he had ever written. They asked him what he was doing with that erasor and all his music, because the scratching they thought they heard was actually him erasing his music. His reply to them? He said he was decomposing.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 03:02:34 PM by Tony N »
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2009, 02:54:43 PM »
Luckily most of his work was already released on CD before he started decomposing  :laughing7:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2009, 07:45:43 AM »
LOL...pretty good, WW, even if it was a little rotten.

Offline chuckt

« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »
dead ringer.......... :happygrin:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »
You guys are killin me!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2009, 07:14:22 PM »
dead ringer.......... :happygrin:

Never knew Bach was a Free Manson...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2009, 01:17:33 AM »
you should've seen the guy's twin before he died...he was a dead ringer for his brother...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2009, 02:28:20 AM »
you should've seen the guy's twin before he died...he was a dead ringer for his brother...

You are definitely your Mother's child.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2009, 02:45:30 AM »
My son is known for one-liners...I told him one day, "the nut doesn't fall very far from the tree"...he said, "except for this time".

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2009, 09:17:29 AM »
And Jabcat answered "because you rolled downhill" :laughing7: