Author Topic: A different sort of a problem.  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Brian

A different sort of a problem.
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:19:01 AM »
It just came to me that I'm experiencing a different sort of a problem in discussing ur.
My closest friend by a country mile, I think might feel "threatened"(?) in some way because I'm a full fledged evangelical who doesn't buy into the eternal torment doctrine. That seems to be his foundation for rejecting Jesus, and what he addresses when someone tries to "witness" to him. So I dunno, maybe that ends up being too much of a catch 22. Naturally I'm not the least bit interested in trying to "witness" to him myself, I'm just empathizing. Ah well, the whole sudden hell thing was just a pseudo-problem/issue for me anyways. I just need stay on my treatment regimen. If I don't, who knows what the next manifestation will be. Probably a pseudo-conspiracy theory thingy. If I finally end up in a sanitarium, please send cookies.
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: A different sort of a problem.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:34:39 AM »
just love'im...Jesus will speak to him through that, and maybe won't off-put him...sounds like your buddy's in a bind...one day at a time...eat the cookies at home  :thumbsup:
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »
If you were in a sanitarium none of the cookies we'd send would be allowed to reach you.  Does that mean we would really "spike" them with psychotropics?

God showing up and showing off is "good news" you can rely on.  It's about what He WANTS to do that only HE can do.  It's called grace.  If you don't get out much you probably wouldn't know it, but He has intimate relations with all kinds of people that believe all sorts of conflicting things.  Not that TRUTH is optional; but, He says of Himself, "I am the way the truth and the life..." and goes on to point out the context of His saying this.  It is about coming to the Father.  "None comes to the Father but by Me."  Right ideas should not be underestimated; but, it's person to person one-anothering with God that's in focus.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

martincisneros

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:29:51 AM »
Chocolate chip, Pumpkin, Chocolate mint, oatmeal, carrot, macadamias, Recalled Peanut Butter, gingerbread, Newman's O's (sorta like Oreo but healthier and fresher ingredients)??

Or a sample pack of all of the above????

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
A little sleep may be a better choice  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
 :cloud9: Of course your friend feels "threatened". Men hate the light because their deeds are evil. What you presented to him was the light of Christ, with no "strings of darkness" attached.

That's the same as when the voice of the Lord spoke to Adam in the garden. As soon as Adam heard the voice, he realized his condition, and ran from God. What you're speaking now is much closer to His voice than he's ever heard before and "Adam" in him is going to want to run........at first.

But as you manifest unconditional love in spite of his trying to run, sooner or later he's going to be drawn to that love because He said if I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me. I've seen it work before and it's awesome to behold the power of God in that way.

I'll give you an example. In a hotel job I used to have when I was much younger, I worked with a young girl. She had been on maternity leave when I was hired, and they gave me her position on days, so that when she came back she had to go on nights for awhile until there was another opening. A couple of months into it, there was another opening and that put her working with me. She wouldn't speak to me unless it was absolutely necessary and if I tried to speak to her she would roll her eyes and give me a dirty look. She did this for 9 months. She ridiculed me to the other staff, she did everything she could to get back at me for something I had no control over in the first place.

Finally, one day she came in with a huge black eye, badly hidden by make-up. Her boyfriend whom she had 3 kids with, had beat her black and blue, and I found out later, this wasn't the first time. She broke that day at work, and I was the one He had placed there to pick up the pieces.

She let me pray for her, and she received the HG (she had gone to Church of Christ as a young girl), she began to get strong in the Lord after that, day by day, reading her Bible........oh, and she had a love for me now that He had deposited in her. We were only about 7 years apart in age, but she called me "mama" (because she recognized I had been used to birth her into the Kingdom), and on Mother's day that year, I was reduced to tears as she brought me in a Mother's day card with an African violet.

Then it was her turn. She had to stand and be different with her boyfriend. The Lord didn't make her move out right away. Instead, she had to show HIM unconditional love. It started to make a crack in his armor right thru the alcohol abuse and verbal abuse (he never hit her again after that). Finally, the Lord did have her move out, but he was already "hooked" by the love, and he was a broken man when she left him. She led him to the Lord and he received the HG, and got free of the tormenting spirits. They got married and the Lord was the Lord of their home.

We can't look at their "faces". We can't look at their reactions, because that is subject to change. We just have to keep our eyes on His face/nature and reflect it to others, and leave it to Him to do the rest in His season. It really works. Blessings to you and may He strengthen you in all things for His glory....... :HeartThrob:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:39:49 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Tony N

• Bronze
    • Saviour of All Fellowship
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 12:20:28 AM »
Chocolate chip, Pumpkin, Chocolate mint, oatmeal, carrot, macadamias, Recalled Peanut Butter, gingerbread, Newman's O's (sorta like Oreo but healthier and fresher ingredients)??

Or a sample pack of all of the above????

You got something against Girl Scout cookies?  :laughing7:
Just because God says He will save all mankind
does not necessarily mean He won't.

Offline Brian

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »
A little sleep may be a better choice  :laughing7:

That's what I keep telling myself every morning my alarm clock goes off.
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »
No clock for me. I just wake up on time. Sleeping is to boring for me  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...