Author Topic: 1 John. Are you a true Christian?  (Read 7961 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: 1 John. Are you a true Christian?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2009, 11:39:44 PM »
IMO-- Molly, that was when he was forfilling the law to law christians or jews
Not Pauls new Gospel, of Grace
What do you mean?

Online Seth

• Silver
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2009, 11:48:03 PM »
Besides, if we were the saying the same thing, Molly, you wouldn't have told me that TC10's statements weren't contradictory. If we really were saying the same thing you would have agreed. I don't mind disagreements but people who are saying the same thing don't simultaneously disagree.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2009, 11:55:33 PM »
Exactly.  That's what I just said.  You don't need the law not because you are a law unto yourself, but because you wouldn't break God's law because you love him.

Who isn't breaking Gods laws?

Who isn't?  Must be somebody or Jesus wouldn't have said, go and sin no more.

He wouldn't have said that if it's not possible.

1Jn 1:8 . If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 12:06:18 AM »
First thing Molly, this is really my own option,
that when JC rose from the dead, death "was" abolished...
i.e. Sin... All Sin...   That all that died in Adam "Has Been Made Alive or Has Been Vivified...)  There is no Death Period... For Jew, Christian, or any other any-{thing} in God's Materiel World...

As For Paul H ?

the expression you used was said to non-Gracers, Matt. Lk. Mk. ,Jn. Act 28:27and prior, Hebrews, James, Peter John,Jude, Rev.

No to me or any Gentile... The book was speaking to Law Peoples

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2009, 12:07:01 AM »
i.e. Sin... All Sin...   That all that died in Adam "Has Been Made Alive or Has Been Vivified...)  There is no Death Period... For Jew, Christian, or any other any-{thing} in God's Materiel World...

As For Paul H ?

the expression you used was said to non-Gracers, Matt. Lk. Mk. ,Jn. Act 28:27and prior, Hebrews, James, Peter John,Jude, Rev.

Are you saying you do not sin Lee?

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2009, 12:09:59 AM »
Absolutely, I have no law to follow that brings death...

I have only Christ. And He Guides me in all things, i.e. no written Laws.
But of course we do have our city and state laws but that is not what we are talking about.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2009, 12:12:09 AM »

Romans 7 (Amplified Bible)

17 However, it is no longer I who do the deed, but the sin [principle] which is at home in me and has possession of me.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »
Absolutely, I have no law to follow that brings death...

I have only Christ. And He Guides me in all things, i.e. no written Laws.
But of course we do have our city and state laws but that is not what we are talking about.

You do nothing wrong ever, Lee?   

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2009, 12:15:22 AM »
to let you know that I am Okay with everyone not agreeing with me because
99.9999999999999999999999999999999 Don't.

the above Roms is ok, although I have no sin... or laws to break.
God indwelling makes my rules.

Online Seth

• Silver
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2009, 12:16:34 AM »

As For Paul H ?

Are you saying you do not sin Lee?

Having sin and committing sin are not the same. Sin exists in "the body of this death" our flesh, and brings our minds under slavery to it when we do not have the spirit. Since the Spirit is given to us as an earnest (a downpayment) of future glory, we can still HAVE sin without committing sin as long as we still have the flesh.

However, it is GRACE that chastises us to live Godly lives in this present age, and grace is clearly distinguished from law. I was reconciled in Christ while I was an enemy, God not imputing my sins against me. That is a biblical fact. So if I sin, I have still not broken the law of Moses. If I say that, then I am admitting that I am still under the law and therefore am a debter to all of it.

If I deny that I was reconciled and that God is not using the Law to impute my sin, then I might as well start offering sacrifices again. It is all or nothing with Moses. But if I do sin, I am chastised by Christ who is the propitiation of my sin and therefore is my comforter/advocate. The law I am in is not Moses, but love which is in Christ by grace NOT according to the letter.

That is why I say, I do not live by the laws of an old country, and am therefore not even able to break them. But that does not mean I will not be chastise if I go against the Spirit. I do not live in the shadow, but in the body.

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2009, 12:17:43 AM »
Wrong How, According to my city or according to a law in the CLV or Bible?

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2009, 12:19:25 AM »
Wrong How, According to my city or according to a law in the CLV or Bible?

Do you ever do anything that God needs to correct you for?

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2009, 12:22:54 AM »
Having sin and committing sin are not the same. Sin exists in "the body of this death" our flesh, and brings our minds under slavery to it when we do not have the spirit

Maybe you believe sin lives in your flesh, but I am in a new land, in this land there is only God. And NO Sin.   so many people think that they have to be berried in the ground to not be in this flesh, My Catholic parents think the same way.

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2009, 12:24:10 AM »
God corrects me second by second and that means yes, but it is now a law of any kind which brings death.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2009, 12:26:21 AM »
God corrects me second by second and that means yes, but it is now a law of any kind which brings death.

What do you need corrected for?

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2009, 12:26:28 AM »
I am truly sorry that I have to go to work on my pouch or my dog wont be  able to go pee.

will be back later, please leave any messages , I will try to answer them all, to the best of my ability.

or if you are over 18 email me at     sinfreeforever@gmx.ru

Online Seth

• Silver
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2009, 12:26:39 AM »
Having sin and committing sin are not the same. Sin exists in "the body of this death" our flesh, and brings our minds under slavery to it when we do not have the spirit

Maybe you believe sin lives in your flesh, but I am in a new land, in this land there is only God. And NO Sin.   so many people think that they have to be berried in the ground to not be in this flesh, My Catholic parents think the same way.

I didn't say it LIVES in my flesh. I am DEAD to the body. When I see the word "lives" I take that to mean that it is active and keeping me in slavery. Sin does not LIVE in my flesh but I know that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom. That is because it LUSTS against the Spirit.

The more I walk in the Spirit the more I am immune to that and do not even feel it. This much I have experienced in life. Sin EXISTS in the body of death, but the body of death is something that we can be DEAD to. Having sin is not the same as committing it.

We live in a new country, and the law of that country is love not 613 commandments. It is by that very truth that you realize that you still need correcting. Correcting from what?

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2009, 12:27:55 AM »
Got to go, but my correction issues are between myself and myself/God

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »

You do not have to list your specific issues to answer,  it is simple,  whatever you need corrected for, why do you need correction if you do not sin?   

Online Seth

• Silver
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2009, 12:32:21 AM »

The very fact that you know you need correction shows that you are BEING corrected which itself shows that your nature is still being changed. That is why John says we have sin, because our nature is still being changed to become completely armored against it.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »
Exactly.  That's what I just said.  You don't need the law not because you are a law unto yourself, but because you wouldn't break God's law because you love him.

Who isn't breaking Gods laws?

Who isn't?  Must be somebody or Jesus wouldn't have said, go and sin no more.

He wouldn't have said that if it's not possible.

1Jn 1:8 . If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Why does everyone stop reading?!?!

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

9He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

12I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

13I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

--1John 1, 2

Online Seth

• Silver
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2009, 01:03:36 AM »
"A new commandment"

Not new wine in old skins.

If you do that the skin breaks and the wine pours out, then you have NO wine at all.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:19:42 AM by Seth »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »
"A new commandment"

Not new wine in old skins.

If you do that the skin breaks and the wine pours out, then you have NO wine at all.

It is not just the wine that is new.  It is the wineskin, as well.

Online Seth

• Silver
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2009, 01:28:05 AM »
Exactly!

The new skin is the Spirit WITHOUT the letter...

The old skin is the letter. The old wine is "our righteousness which is by the law."

Mixing the two causes the loss of ALL. This is why I do not say that both laws are the same. One, the letter, is SHADOW (old), and the new is the BODY (new) which casts the shadow.

Do you know what Moses was holding in his hands as he descended the mountain with a veil on his face? I don't wear that veil and I don't mix new into an old container. Moses is the old container. Jesus is the NEWness of life. I don't say I am under both.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2009, 01:43:43 AM »
Why does everyone stop reading?!?!

Do you need correction from God?