Author Topic: 1 John. Are you a true Christian?  (Read 7289 times)

truechristian10

1 John. Are you a true Christian?
« on: August 25, 2009, 07:52:10 PM »
I learned this marvelous revelation of 1 John a while ago.  Athough, I do not believe in UR, I still care for people's eternal salvation. There is nothing more important than your eternal salvation. I would like to pass this revelation on to this forum.

The basics of Christianity : Happiness (1 John 1:4) Holiness (1 John 2:1) Security(1 John 5:13) When True faith, Obedience, and love operate together, they result in Happiness, Holiness, and Assurance. True Faith, Obedience, and Love constitute the evidence of a True Christian. Are you going to pass the test? Lets see.

First Test: Do you walk in the Light? (1 John 1:6)

Second Test: Do you admit and confess sin? (1 John 1:8-9)

Third Test : Are you Obedient? ( 1 John 2:3-5)

Fourth Test: Do you imitate Christ? (1 John 2:6)

Fifth Test: Do you love others? ( 1 John 2:9)

Six Test : Do you love the world? Your relationship with the world. (1 John 2:15-17)

Seventh Test: Does Christ Righteousness show in you? ( 1 John 2:29)

How did you do? Did you pass the test? If not, understand your guilt by sinning against God by continually breaking His 10 commandments, His Holy Moral Standard. ( Rom 3:19) Repent (change of mind) and Believe in your heart on the Lord Jesus for your eternal salvation. I pray for those who failed the test that God grant you the gift of repentance and faith to believe on His son Jesus for true eternal salvation. God bless.  :HeartThrob: :boyheart:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:09:43 PM by truechristian10 »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: 1 John. Are you a true Christian?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »
Deja vu
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »

2C 13:9 For we are rejoicing whenever we'  may be weak, yet you'  may be powerful. Now this are we wishing also: your adjustment.

:boyheart: :boyheart: :icon_flower: :icon_flower:  :cloud9:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »
The basics of Christianity--nice, I enjoyed that.

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

--Rom 3

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:12:45 PM »
9 Is that blessing only for those who are circumcised? Or is it also for those who are not circumcised? We have been saying that God accepted Abraham's faith, and so his faith made him right with God. 10 When did it happen? Was it after Abraham was circumcised, or before? It was before he was circumcised, not after! 11 He was circumcised as a sign of the covenant God had made with him. It showed that his faith had made him right with God before he was circumcised.

So Abraham is the father of all believers who have not been circumcised. God accepts their faith. So their faith makes them right with him. 12 Abraham is also the father of the circumcised who believe. So just being circumcised is not enough. Those who are circumcised must also follow the steps of our father Abraham. He had faith before he was circumcised.

13 Abraham and his family received a promise. God promised that Abraham would receive the world. It would not come to him because he obeyed the law. It would come because of his faith, which made him right with God.

14 Do those who obey the law receive the promise? If they do, faith would have no value. God's promise would be worthless. 15 The law brings God's anger. Where there is no law, the law can't be broken.

16 The promise is based on God's grace. The promise comes by faith. All of Abraham's children will certainly receive the promise. And it is not only for those who are ruled by the law. Those who have the same faith that Abraham had are also included. He is the father of us all.

--Rom 4

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »
I am a Gentile and don't follow Commandments of men. Nor do I follow any Law of any kind sent down by the A. John.

I only confess to God when I sin

Lee Damboise II

Offline gregoryfl

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 08:17:11 PM »
And I pray that 5 pm comes when we will get some relief from your posts for about 3 hours at least.

Ron

truechristian10

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 08:25:31 PM »
Of course, salvation is  by grace through faith. Not by the law. But the law is a schoolmaster to lead to Christ.  (Gal 3:24). Jesus fulfilled the law for all who believe in Him..he did not abolish the law. ( Matthew 5:17-18) The judicial and Ceremonial laws no long apply( because of Jesus sacrifice) but the Moral law is still binding for today.  (Romans 3:19)19And we have known that as many things as the law saith, to those in the law it doth speak, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may come under judgment to God.  All the World is accountable to God by his Moral law. Both Jew and Gentile are under Sin. ( Rom 3:9)
 :HeartThrob: :boyheart:

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 08:28:01 PM »
Can you give me a few examples of this (Moral Law) you believe in, just a few will do.

Lee Damboise II     [not lee100]

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 08:31:51 PM »

Six Test : Do you love the world? Your relationship with the world. (1 John 2:15-17)

How did you do? Did you pass the test? If not, understand your guilt by sinning against God by continually breaking His 10 commandments, His Holy Moral Standard.

Hi TC10,
There is some conflict in your "test." It appears to me (which is why I hope to clarify) that you are putting new wine in old wine skins. The blue part in your above quote singles out "Christ's righteousness" showing in us, yet the bulk of your questions rely on a foundation of self-work according to the Law of Moses. The Bible is clear on this friend, we are not to be having "OUR OWN righteousness which is BY THE LAW."

The problem with that is that the 10 Commandments are meant to reveal sin to be sin, and a condition of slavery to sin.

Faith is meant to bring the Holy Spirit which sets our minds free from sin by the continued working and chastisement of the Spirit within. Unfortunately your questions are predicated on whether or not WE pass a test brought forth by the law, and at the same time asks us whether or not CHRIST'S righteousness is showing forth.

It's a double talking test. It's a forked tongued question, even if unintentional. You have not properly understood the place of the 10 Commandments in God's work to bring people to Christ.

God's moral code runs through EVERY LAW in the law, all 613 laws, not just 10, so the 10 Commandments are not "His Holy Moral Standard" the entire Law is, and Christ within fulfills not just 10 Commandments but the entire law. Did Jesus say "I have come to fulfill the prophets and the 10 Commandments?" NO. He fulfills "the LAW and the prophets," and in doing so BECOMES the righteousness of those who believe, which is where they get their morality apart from the law.

2 Thess 2:13
But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits TO....BE...SAVED, THROUGH sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

Righteousness and morality and salvation (from sin) are not achieved by following a written code of commandments but it comes THROUGH sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. Belief in the truth (faith) leads to salvation because the Spirit is WHAT sanctifies us.

So my answer to 1-6 are: no, no, no, no, no and no. My answer to 7 is yes, because I credit Christ with 1-6.

truechristian10

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 08:35:33 PM »
The 10 commandments of course. Both Jew and Gentile are under sin and guilty of breaking God's commandments. ( Rom 3:19). The Law is created to shut every mouth from declaring our own righteousness and leave us all guilty before God (Romans 3:19). It is designed to bring knowledge of what sin is. Paul said that if it were not for the Law, he would not know what sin was. He also said that the Law is to be our Schoolmaster. It teaches us of our own guilt and drives us to the foot of the cross begging for forgiveness before a Holy God. The Law is Good if it is used Lawfully. We cannot partake of Grace until we come face to face with our sin in the Mirror of the Law. If we are practicing sin (actively living in it), then we know not the Truth. (1 John 3)  :HeartThrob: :boyheart:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 08:36:49 PM »
willieH: Hi TC10... :welcome: to Tentmaker...

I learned this marvelous revelation of 1 John a while ago.  Athough, I do not believe in UR, I still care for people's eternal salvation. There is nothing more important than your eternal salvation. I would like to pass this revelation on to this forum.

The basics of Christianity : Happiness (1 John 1:4) Holiness (1 John 2:1) Security(1 John 5:13) When True faith, Obedience, and love operate together, they result in Happiness, Holiness, and Assurance. True Faith, Obedience, and Love constitute the evidence of a True Christian. Are you going to pass the test? Lets see.

How did you do? Did you pass the test? If not, understand your guilt by sinning against God by continually breaking His 10 commandments, His Holy Moral Standard. ( Rom 3:19) Repent (change of mind) and Believe in your heart on the Lord Jesus for your eternal salvation. I pray for those who failed the test that God grant you the gift of repentance and faith to believe on His son Jesus for true eternal salvation. God bless.  :HeartThrob: :boyheart:

Let me ask YOU a question "TC10"...

How did YOU answer #6? 

In light of John 3:16?  GOD not only LOVED the WORLD, but ..."SO LOVED the WORLD"! (btw the word WORLD in both texts is KOSMOS)

I think there is more to 1 John 2:15-17 than might first "meet the eye"...

Just my  :2c:

...willieH  :HeartThrob:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »
willieH: Hi TC10 --  :cloud9:

This question might not even make any sense to you, but please, just a YES or NO answer will suffice:

Are you CoG37/lee100?

Thanks for your YES/NO answer...  :cloud9:

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »
Ok to those who follow the law...

A 5 year old girl gets raped very badly and her rapist is 49 years old.

According you YOUR OWN LAW all you will have to do is give her dad $348.00 and she will be your wife forever.

This is your Moral Law= No thanks...

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Lee Damboise II finds Law sick even for those Jews that followed them...

truechristian10

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »
Seth,

By no means am I putting new wine in old wine skins. 1 John was written by the apostle John to the body of Christ.. 1 John is all about what it is to be a Christian..not a law abiding Jew. In no way does this beautiful espistle translate that or my questions. Those are the questions John asks throughout the first few chapters. Jesus fulfilled the law for believers only..the rest of the world are still accountable to God by His Moral Law ( Romans 3:19) until they are in Christ ( Gal 3:24).Both Jew and Gentile are under sin and guilty of breaking God's commandments. ( Rom 3:19). The Law is created to shut every mouth from declaring our own righteousness and leave us all guilty before God (Romans 3:19). It is designed to bring knowledge of what sin is. Paul said that if it were not for the Law, he would not know what sin was. He also said that the Law is to be our Schoolmaster. It teaches us of our own guilt and drives us to the foot of the cross begging for forgiveness before a Holy God. The Law is Good if it is used Lawfully. We cannot partake of Grace until we come face to face with our sin in the Mirror of the Law. If we are practicing sin (actively living in it), then we know not the Truth. (1 John 3)    :HeartThrob: :boyheart:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »
Seth,

By no means am I putting new wine in old wine skins. 1 John was written by the apostle John to the body of Christ.. 1 John is all about what it is to be a Christian..not a law abiding Jew. In no way does this beautiful espistle translate that or my questions. Those are the questions John asks throughout the first few chapters. Jesus fulfilled the law for believers only..the rest of the world are still accountable to God by His Moral Law ( Romans 3:19) until they are in Christ 9 Gal 3:24).Both Jew and Gentile are under sin and guilty of breaking God's commandments. ( Rom 3:19). The Law is created to shut every mouth from declaring our own righteousness and leave us all guilty before God (Romans 3:19). It is designed to bring knowledge of what sin is. Paul said that if it were not for the Law, he would not know what sin was. He also said that the Law is to be our Schoolmaster. It teaches us of our own guilt and drives us to the foot of the cross begging for forgiveness before a Holy God. The Law is Good if it is used Lawfully. We cannot partake of Grace until we come face to face with our sin in the Mirror of the Law. If we are practicing sin (actively living in it), then we know not the Truth. (1 John 3)    :HeartThrob: :boyheart:

What about 1 John 1:8?  How can we "have sin", if we are not "practicing it"?

I disagree with your statement above [in blue] -- The "law is GOOD" irregardless of our treatment of it (lawfully or unlawfully) -- Rom 7:12

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »
Seth,

By no means am I putting new wine in old wine skins. 1 John was written by the apostle John to the body of Christ.. 1 John is all about what it is to be a Christian..not a law abiding Jew. In no way does this beautiful espistle translate that or my questions. Those are the questions John asks throughout the first few chapters. Jesus fulfilled the law for believers only..the rest of the world are still accountable to God by His Moral Law ( Romans 3:19) until they are in Christ 9 Gal 3:24).Both Jew and Gentile are under sin and guilty of breaking God's commandments. ( Rom 3:19). The Law is created to shut every mouth from declaring our own righteousness and leave us all guilty before God (Romans 3:19). It is designed to bring knowledge of what sin is. Paul said that if it were not for the Law, he would not know what sin was. He also said that the Law is to be our Schoolmaster. It teaches us of our own guilt and drives us to the foot of the cross begging for forgiveness before a Holy God. The Law is Good if it is used Lawfully. We cannot partake of Grace until we come face to face with our sin in the Mirror of the Law. If we are practicing sin (actively living in it), then we know not the Truth. (1 John 3)    :HeartThrob: :boyheart:

I know that John asked those questions TC, but the problem came in when you asked whether or not we are breaking the "moral standard" which you say is the 10 commandments. That is not the measuring stick by which I would establish the answers to those questions. The moral standard is the ENTIRE LAW, not 10 commandments. John understood that which is why his questions are all about whether or not CHRIST is within.

Your questions 1-6 are all about what WE do in relation to the supposed "moral standard" which you think are the 10 commandments. If I use those commandments to see if I am following them, then I would be establishing my OWN righteousness.

The point of faith is NOT to delete morality, but it is meant to bring the Spirit's righteousness into us.

When that happens we are NO LONGER UNDER the 10 commandments or any other commandment within the ENTIRE law. The whole thing is a shadow of Christ. Once I have the body, I no longer live by the shadow that the body casts. I have no problem with people asking "do you do this" or "do you do that." But I do have a problem when people ask me that in relation to living under 10 commandments.

truechristian10

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
Hi willie,

Yes, I love the world. But I'm not conformed by the world or its values. #6 deals with being conformed to this world system. If you are conformed by this world the Father is not in you.

truechristian10

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »
seth,
i agree to disagree.

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »
And yet you have no scriptural basis.  :thumbdown:

truechristian10

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
willie,

and we have known that the law is good, if any one may use it lawfully; ( 1 Tim 1:8)

having known this, that for a righteous man law is not set, but for lawless and insubordinate persons, ungodly and sinners, impious and profane, parricides and matricides, men-slayers, ( 1 Tim 1:9)

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
willieH: Hi TC10 --  :cloud9:

are you going to answer my question?  :dontknow:

Are you CoG37/lee100?

Thanks for your YES/NO answer...  :cloud9:

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 09:07:22 PM »

Ro 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Ro 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 09:07:52 PM »
So Wille he must be a sinner as his above comment

HartleyDamboiseII

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »
Or maybe I should say UNGODLY AND SINNERS