Author Topic: "Yes Virgina, there is a hell"  (Read 983 times)

jimbo99

"Yes Virgina, there is a hell"
« on: October 21, 2010, 02:42:35 AM »
"Virginia,
   Your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, Virginia, there is a hell. It exists as certainly as God and Jesus and the Bible exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! the Lord Jesus Christ would be a liar if there were no hell! And Virginia, we know the Lord Jesus speaks the truth (John 14:6). Jesus said hell was "everlasting fire" (Matt 18:8, 25:41), "eternal damnation" (Mark 3:29), "weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matt 8:12, 22:13, 25:30), "place of torment" (Luke 16:28), "outer darkness" (Matt 8:12, 22:13) and "everlasting punishment" (Matt 25:46). Virginia, if there are the joys and beauty of heaven, certainly there must be the horror and torment of hell. They both come from the same book. If there was no hell, there would be no Calvary, no gospel, no purpose, no Saviour and no hope.

Not believe in hell! You might as well not believe in Jesus! You might get your papa and read your Bible asking God to reveal to you hell is real! Because Virginia, if hell is real, nothing in the world, no joy, no sin, no beauty, no pleasure, nothing absolutely nothing would be worth forever burning in the torments of hell! Virginia, the Lord Jesus Christ said, in Mark 8:36, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

No Hell! Yes, Virginia, there is a hell. But God does not want you to go to hell. Virginia, hell is not for you. It was prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41) not Virginia! But Virginia, when your great-great...grandpa Adam sinned you became a sinner (Romans 5:12). And because God is holy, sin must be cleansed. And Virginia, because God loved you so much, more than our little mind can possibly understand, He gave His Son to remove your sins. Jesus shed His blood to "cleanse" your sins. Revelation 1:5 says, ". . . Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

Yes, Virginia, there is a hell. But thanks to Jesus, Virginia, you don't have to go there.

Virginia, a hundred years from now, where will you be?"
http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/yeshell.html

Who in the world would write this to a KID?!?!

Offline thinktank

• Silver
Re: "Yes Virgina, there is a hell"
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:13:52 AM »
Their not all baddies, even if it may seem so.

Who would write that to a kid?

Someone who is convinced of such a place, maybe and is concerned for their soul.

But again, I don't know this person and what drives them, so I'm not making excuses for them, simply giving you a new perspective, that may or may not be true. For not all that name christ are sheep, some are wolves in sheep clothing.

Were you once an ET believer, why did you change?

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 05:31:48 AM »
Interesting thing to note though...her friends, children, from the mouth of babes, say there is no Hell.

Not that children are a litmus test for truth, but they can usually tell when the Emperor's new clothes are in fact...not real at all.
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 01:01:42 AM »
Or is it that a child cannot conceive of a god of Love (just as I couldn't since i was a child) that would love conditionally and inflict horrific terrors on those that didn't love Him. All through history the only people that do that are sickos and God is nothing like a human when it comes to love.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:14:28 AM »
Interesting thing to note though...her friends, children, from the mouth of babes, say there is no Hell.

Not that children are a litmus test for truth, but they can usually tell when the Emperor's new clothes are in fact...not real at all.

I will say something that gave me great pause.  My daughters and I were talking about heaven and judgment.  My daughters are 6 and 7.  I told them about what different people believe...UR, ED, ET as I figure they will hear about all three at some point.  They wanted my opinion on the subject and I told them I don't really know but I believe scriptures best supported ED.  One of my daugters said, but Dad why wouldn't everyone live in heaven?  There was something so passionate in her eyes.  I told her I hope we all do someday.  It struck a cord with me because my children have taught me so much about my heavenly Father.  I would say they have taught me more than I could ever teach them.  I listen to my children.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 01:53:06 AM »
  My daughters ... wanted my opinion on the subject and I told them I don't really know but I believe scriptures best supported ED.  One of my daugters said, but Dad why wouldn't everyone live in heaven?  There was something so passionate in her eyes.  I told her I hope we all do someday.  It struck a cord with me because my children have taught me so much about my heavenly Father.  I would say they have taught me more than I could ever teach them.  I listen to my children.

:bigGrin:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Ross

• Snr
  • Gal2;20
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
Hi;
We are to come to the Father as children.
The examples shown here by Shawn demonstrate an example of the love of our Father. He loves US MORE than we love our children. We correct our kids, but NO MATTER WHAT they are our kids.
CHrist has made us kids of the Father. That is how much HE loves US.
1 John 3  " Look what kind of love the Father has GIVEN to us, that we should be called CHILDREN of GOD, AND SUCH WE ARE!"

Would you send your kids to Hell? I think not.
Fellow brother in Christ

pickr

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »

I will say something that gave me great pause.  My daughters and I were talking about heaven and judgment.  My daughters are 6 and 7.  I told them about what different people believe...UR, ED, ET as I figure they will hear about all three at some point.  They wanted my opinion on the subject and I told them I don't really know but I believe scriptures best supported ED.  One of my daugters said, but Dad why wouldn't everyone live in heaven?  There was something so passionate in her eyes.  I told her I hope we all do someday.  It struck a cord with me because my children have taught me so much about my heavenly Father.  I would say they have taught me more than I could ever teach them.  I listen to my children.

Any earthly parent worthy of the title should consider long and hard and with the most earnest prayer that one of the most amazing things Jesus had to say about His Father is that He also is our Father!

God bless you and your little ones, Shawn. Your hope in Christ Jesus is NOT in vain.