Author Topic: wow wow I got a message from God about UR  (Read 4472 times)

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
Re: wow wow I got a message from God about UR
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »
One question is what functions as authority in each of our lives?  Is it the best that I know, my present understanding within the limits of my knowledge?  Even this is sometimes supplanted by passionate quickenings from the fleshes sensations.  To mature beyond a high form of an animal, cunning and strong, there must be a change of headship.  It's like one set of nerves to our head must be severed and those with a different life from another head must be in their place.  We go on alone, slowed in our transformation because there is no many-membered corporate ministry one to another.

When we cannot participate in what should be our gathering for spiritual development and must function instead as either part of an audience enabling the preacher or being that preacher, usually without ever considering whether to meet without human headship, where then shall we develop that headship of Christ in our individual lives?  Because of this so many otherwise good people are spiritually withered and nearly functionless, like early abortions that shouldn't have lived but go on anyway as tragic deformed revenants and zombie hordes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:52:52 PM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »
One question is what functions as authority in each of our lives?  Is it the best that I know, my present understanding within the limits of my knowledge?  Even this is sometimes supplanted by passionate quickenings from the fleshes sensations.  To mature beyond a high form of an animal, cunning and strong, there must be a change of headship.  It's like one set of nerves to our head must be severed and those with a different life from another head must be in their place.  We go on alone, slowed in our transformation because there is no many-membered corporate ministry one to another.

When we cannot participate in what should be our gathering for spiritual development and must function instead as either part of an audience enabling the preacher or being that preacher, usually without ever considering whether to meet without human headship, where then shall we develop that headship of Christ in our individual lives?  Because of this so many otherwise good people are spiritually withered and nearly functionless, like early abortions that shouldn't have lived but go on anyway as tragic deformed revenants and zombie hordes.

Amen and WOW this reminded me of a dream that I had about a month or so ago, it seemed to have been from God, and this is actually shedding a bit of light on it. Wow!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2012, 07:38:29 AM »
IMO the law was given by God, as a "shadow" of things to come.

It was a "tutor" to lead us to Christ.

Showing us our need for grace, and pointing us in a direction that is profitable for "wholly living".

Adultery, fornication, homosexuality- these are tragic flaws that bring death and disruption to ones life and God does not prohibit them out of an "arbitrary" sense of good and evil, but because in the "deeper truth of the creation" the life of God is hidden within His order and the harmony of principles upon which He founded the kosmos.

Evil is that which hurts you, hurts another, is an affront to God's love, breaks "the hidden ties that bind".

I have a saying, it is a little uncouth, but it makes sense to me.

"All you have to do is look at how the parts go together."

I have friends who are gay. Some of them know where I stand on it, some don't. I believe all of them kno that I love them and that I believe God loves them.

I really appreciated Jabcat's perspective on this and agree with it exactly.

I also agree with Sheila's post. Homosexual sin is not worse than heterosexual sin. All sin is missing the mark of "wholly" living in the light of God. Pride, arrogance, greed, religious spirit, violence, deception,etc. are also sins.

But, IMO, there are measures of sin(sin unto death, sin not unto death (1 John 5:16)

In my opinion sins unto death are those sins that were to bring the death penalty under the law. Some of them were: witchcraft, adultery(Deu 22, Leviticus 20), rape, murder, incest. There are sins that are not unto death like lying, lust, theft, drunkenness, gluttony.

For a man to lie with a man sexually was a sin unto death.

Whatever sinful propensity we are "born with" in life- we are called to resist it our whole life long. For one it is predominantly lusts of the flesh-hetero or homo. For another it is greed and violence. For another it is pride and self-righteousness. For another it is bitterness and hatred, and so on and on.

All of us are saved from "sin". Sins are just the areas where "sin" attacks us and manifests and controls our lives to keep us unfruitful and "in the flesh", "in death."

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
(Tit 2:11-14)

As Jabcat said, as Christians, this is just the cross in our lives, and the reason we cast ourselves upon the Lord and seek to be "strengthened with might by His Spirit in our inner man" and to "yield our bodies as a living sacrifice....and be not conformed to this world but be renewed in the spirit of our mind."

God will eventually save all, but Christians who indulge in the sins of the flesh(especially sins unto death) are like someone who crosses the poles when trying to charge a battery. Lots of sparks, and a car that won't start and maybe a person electrocuted.

Also, we are never called to stay in sin. "Staying as we are" referred to the legitimate conditions of "single" or "married".

Being a soldier is not necessarily sinful, but let each man walk according to his conscience- to him who feels it is sinful to kill under any circumstance, it probably is- but John never told soldiers to leave the Roman army- he just warned them not to use their power wrongly. Paul taught that the sword is God-ordained. It is a function of government that is approved in theory, but can be disapproved because of unrighteousness in practice-"Judge for yourselves whether it is better to listen to God or to men".
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
EW - once again, I second those thoughts. :thumbsup:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:48 AM »
EW, I can always count on you to clear up muddy waters.  I was sharpened and encouraged by your post.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2012, 02:04:41 AM »
I am not condeming gays nor am I against them except to say I do think it is a sin. But, if you are guilty of the least, you are guilty of the whole. I don't think one sin is worse than another in God's eyes, now with us humans we see this different.

What I wanted to point out is. Have you ever noticed how two men that are gay, usually one of them acts feminine? If there are two lesbians together usually one of them acts like a male in some fashion. It can be talk, looks, or something else. I find this odd. If a man wants to be with a man, or a woman with a woman, why have one who acts like someone they are not interested in? I think it is inbred within us that God made male and female for each other. Even if we don't realize it we still can't get away from this fact.

CHB   

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »
Some here expressed the idea that we have a (God given) right to enjoy our lives, including sexual pleasure.  It is still our "right" if that is in a homosexual relationship.  Isn't it interesting how this sounds like an alcoholic's justification for having a drink?  (Some later editing may have toned down that particular as I sought it out to quote and didn't find it.)  Having waited to participate very much on this topic, partly because there's a certain wearying of the flesh in having to keep saying the same things over and over, I watched others speak the truth in love and noticed the answer to this idea of our natural rights stand out to me as something important to be said.

Jesus says, "If any man forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."  How does that sound like we have the right to a fulfilled Adamic life?  "Who is baptized into Christ is baptized into His death."  It a death to homo sapiens Jesus underwent.  Then He was raised in an incorruptible deathless body, ascending into the Father's throne, which is over all.  This homo novae, "the new man," is what we are now.  "We have been translated out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of the Son of His love."

"As Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so also let us be walking in newness of life."  The death of Adam and our change into the new man, these are what the "after-mind," (Greek is metanoia) connects to the evidences of the Adamic nature when manifesting.  The problem is the Institutionalized religious world that claims it is the Church harps on sin and at best, the outer court understandings of the altar and laver, which is judgement and cleansing for sin.  Theirs is a legalistic (and doomed to failure) attempt to correct, improve and fulfill Adam when the true ministry from God is the gracious feeding, upbuilding and corporate unleashing of the new man.

The proof that we are entirely of Christ now is we no longer follow the "eMOTIONing" of the flesh, at least fighting it instead on the side of those who, "Walk not after the flesh," "...to not fulfill its lusts or the desires of the mind," "...but, taking steps to walk around, following after the spirit."  Even when prisoners of war we are a testimony of that newness of life which we have.  We do not capitulate to our captors to become citizens of their country.  We are of "Another country, an heavenly," a celestial realm.

Though it proves to be a prolonged struggle, as scripture is saying, "We wrestle." And it is, "Not against flesh and blood..."  It is other powers and principalities, spirits, wicked spiritual gifts, higher realm things, things of higher dimensions than where the physical body resides that we continue struggling against.  We war against, "...every evil imagination of the heart."  We, "...cast down every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. thought   It is a battle for our souls, the thoughts, will and emotions.  Scripture speaks of, "Receiving the end of our faith, the salvation of our soul."

It is important to realize the flesh nature in the mind that is according to it will not change until we happen upon being physically transformed, "...from this body of humiliation into a body like His body of glory."  Like the fish that was caught in the kingdom net which was thrown back because it was too small, some have started in the Way with a wrong focus on one's own change.  It is the radiating glory of presence of God we are to perceive which is how we are changed.  For this season, salvation is not about how I am different in my flesh, but how His presence is with me.

Jesus says, "If any person will not deny himself and take up his cross daily to follow me, he is not worthy to be my disciple."  When Paul says, "I know that in myself, that is my flesh, there dwells not any good thing..." he defines what in particular is being singled out to be denied that Jesus speaks of as necessary.  This does not mean there is any wrong in having flesh.  We are spirit, soul and body in a unity which includes existence as incarnated beings.  Jesus has forever sanctified our having mortal bodies by Himself being incarnated.  It is the ascendency of spirit which the new man maintains over the rest of his being.  Ordinarily it is with the passage of time God establishes this new order, eventually changing us, "...into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:53:16 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
 :iagree:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
Quote from: reFORMer
Some here expressed the idea that we have a (God given) right to enjoy our lives, including sexual pleasure.  It is still our "right" if that is in a homosexual relationship.

Paul said ALL THINGS ARE LAWFUL UNTO ME but all things are NOT PROFITABLE: all things are lawful for me BUT I WILL NOT BE BROUGHT UNDER THE POWER OF ANY.

I think what he is saying here is; it was lawful for him to do anything he wanted to do because he wasn't under any laws but he knew a lot of things wasn't benificial or helpful to him in any way. Such things as drinking, drugs, sexual promiscuousness, and other things. Paul wasn't about to become addicted to any of it, nor let any of it rule him.

CHB

Online sheila

• Gold
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »
in the test of jealousy a womans head was uncovered[woman under law]  if her desire was for her

husband[law written in our hearts]she would not expierence any of the curses[spiritualplagues] and be

able to conceive and bear a son.[women quit covering heads in 50's 60's at time of sexual revolution

in this country.]

Babylon's desire was to fornicating with the kings of the earth[cage of demons] her belly swells but

not with child/christ but with abominations of the earth.  Uncover her thigh exposes the falling away

of the thigh .

This come to mind with the 'no longer under law/covering]  of your post.

also Jesus addresses the same thing in His speech regarding which is greater the gift or the altar that

makes the gift most Holy.  If the Law covenant exposes what is in people's heart...all the more

does the  Grace of God