Author Topic: Why Won't God Heal Amputees?  (Read 8815 times)

Offline Gary Amirault

• Admin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
« on: October 27, 2007, 08:56:50 PM »
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bc1ece7f50dea1e94a70650ea6578c98&board=2.0

We are putting up some of your videos on YouTube.com and stumbled into a site that caught my attention. After the video, I went to their site and saw they had a discussion board. Perhaps some of you could visit the boards and make comments.

Here's the video. It is well done. I'm sure it will rock a few people's faith:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9pDURu8u74

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »
This seems to be the hit of the week with Atheists.  So let me pose the questions so we can formulate our answers, this guy says we abandon all rationality so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Q1
Why won't God heal amputees?

Sub topics
We believe in answered prayer, so why is a prayer for a raise etc. not have the same effect as a prayer of a starving person.

Q2
Why are there so many starving people in this world?

Q3
Why does God demand the deaths of so many innocent people in the Bible?

Alludes to disobedient teenagers, non-virgins, homosexuals, people working on the Sabbath day

Q4
Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

Claims of no worldwide flood, Jonah and the fish, man was not created from the dust.

Q5
Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible?

Q6
Why do bad things happen to good people?

Q7
Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles in the bible leave behind any evidence?

Q8
How do you explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

Q9
Why would Jesus want you to eat His body and drink His blood?

Q10
Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians.
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Kept

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
If Im not mistaken Gary was an agnostic at one time. I recall reading his testimony once and will go read it again. I would love to see him interact on the forum Im currently on.

Im sure he is very busy though

thanks for those Seeker, these are things that are such sticklers for athiests

I would love to read what you all come up with.

kept

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 05:34:26 PM »
It is obvious this guy comes out from a ET background or fundamentalist background.  He appeals to logic and rationality which I believe we have here.  For us God is real but all have discovered this through the spiritual sense and not carnally which is the problem with many of our fundamentalist friends who also have not had their spiritual eyes opened yet.

Q1
Why won't God heal amputees?

I don't know, however we have the last miracle of Jesus when Jesus healed the chopped off ear although only recorded as such in Luke.  Is He able to?  I believe He can.

One good answer was that we are not endowed with the ability to regenerate limbs.  We have inner healing abilities and that is generally unseen.  So many medical reports by doctors of miraculous healings in other areas and we have recent and many testimonies of the dead being raised to life.  A guy 3 days dead raised to life Reinhard Bonke in Nigeria.  Maybe someone will like to get the evidence for that.

As for limbs, we have prosthetics that can be fitted for a semi-normal life. I am not sure if we have evidence for paraplegics being healed.

Q2

Jesus was pretty clear in the commission given that it is up to us to feed and take care of the poor, widows and orphans.  God moves when we do, many testimonies of multiplication of limited resources aka food.  This is the responsibility of the have's to the have not's and is not only a Christian thing.

Q6

Job; how much worse can you get?

Q7

I do not understand the question, what sort of evidence is he looking for?

Q8

This happens mostly in the Spiritual but there are testimonies of physical.

Q9

This leads me to believe that he was RC wrt the Eucharist.  Again symbolic and cannot be understood carnally.

I do not have answers to the rest, I am married once so I cannot comment on 10.

Common folks, this is not difficult.  Once we have it, I can post a link to the best answers.

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline studier

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:56:29 PM »
Each of these questions use an internal informal fallacy in order for the reader to react in accordance to the questioner instead of reflecting on the reality.

Q1
"Why won't God heal amputees?

Who says He doesn't? I do not know any amputees, and there are many miracles that do not recieve attention. 

Such question already pre-supposes that God won't. It is a fallacy of presupposition. Why won't you stop beating your wife? It presupposes you beat your wife.

Conclusion: Not worth answering.

Q2

Despite being omnipotent, God has given authority of earth to mankind to take care of it. He has allowed free-will within the habitation and boundary He has set up for us.

In fact, there is enough food in the US alone, that would feed the entire world, 3 square meals a day without waste. The wickedness and godlessness of mankind, is why there are many starving people in this world. Food is not the problem, and those who are starving are starving because the selfishness of their neighbors.

Q3

This presupposes that there is innocent deaths commanded by God in the Bible. I have studied Scripture and have seen the 'proof' texts of athiests and agnostics who point out God kills children, and women, and so forth. This is a debate within itself. Any rational and intelligent person will understand even 100 years ago, the culture of society was far different than it is today. Even 50 years ago, a fist to fist fight would not get a man jail time for abuse, but today you slap a person across the face you can be in jail for 3 years!

Q4

Psycology also contains so anti-scientific nonsense, yet it is recognized field of science. Does Scripture say God made the world in seven days? Or does it say it took Seven Olams? An Olam representing a age or period of time with a distinct beginning and end. Science cannot even prove how earth was made, because science needs to be observable, therefore everything concerning creation whether scientific or theological, is theory.

Q5

This question again presupposes God is in favor of slavery. Culture was different. Even today, a man who makes $4 an hour, even though he is being paid for his work, is literally a slave to it. Slavery is perception, not reality. There is good and bad examples in history, the anti-slavery view is in view of the unethical European slave trade.

Q6

Ecclesiastes says it does. King Solomon wrote this far before this man came to this question. The rain falls on the good and evil a like, there is nothing new unders the sun. The circumstances of life may seem evil, but the good man is at peace in his heart.

Q7

Irrelevant. There are many things that don't have physical evidence that happened in the past, which even scientists and historians know happened. The reports of events are considered evidence of the events. So guess what, the gospels are sufficient evidence that Jesus performed miracles.

Q8

He is making an emotional appeal, another fallacy. He is telling us to be rational and intelligent people, but now he is working on your fear of abandonment. How do I explain the fact Jesus never appeared to me? I can't, because He came to me when I was 4 years old, in physical form. I touched His hands and He touched my face and saved me from sexual abuse. At age 18, He physically sat next to my bed talking to me about the cult which brought a crisis of faith, only to show comfort me that He is the Truth, and that He would never leave me nor forsake me for anything. Etc.

Q9

He is again appealing to emotion. How disgusting does it sound to eat His body and drink His blood. Of course, he is specifically addressing a tradition which is not actually in Scripture which says the crackers and wine actually become His body and His blood. The reality is that it is a metaphor, a symbolic gesture of something deeper on an emotional, intellectual, spiritual, philosophical side. It was never a literal interpretation. (This guy says he is rational).

Q10

Presupposing that all who claim to be Christian, are in fact Christ followers, then we must accept the reason they get divorced at the same rate is because we all make mistakes.

The author actually brought this question up in relation to 'let no man put assunder', and yet they are. He forgets God allowed divorce in Scripture, He just detestes it.

This comes back to our freedom of will, to make the right and good choices and many do not and suffer the consequences of their actions.

However, this presupposes that all who claim to be Christian ,are in fact Christ followers. How many true Christians get divorced? I don't know, can't measure the heart to know.

This man put together a series of arguements which were meant to lead to one conclusion. The way he phrases the questions and the order they appear are meant to create a sense of distrust in God and a sense of faithlessness. He is preparing for this conclusion that all men who believe in God, are delusional. He suggests only abnormal people believe in a God. A recent survey done records that as much as 86% of the world believes in a 'greater power' or 'Spirit' or 'God' or 'gods'. Of the 14% half are not sure, that leaves 7% of the world which absolutely believes in no god, force or spirit. This man believes that 93% of the mankind is delusional! Has anyone done a study on the word, "Normal".

Normal :

1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural. 
2. serving to establish a standard. 
a. approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment. 
b. free from any mental disorder; sane. 

By the definition of Normal, that 7% are actually the delusional ones, and that means they are the ones insane. ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 06:58:29 PM by SOtW »

Kept

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 03:24:58 AM »
Craig

I loved some of your answers especially the one on eating his body and drinking his blood and the statistics

oh came back to say to seeker, the food thing, yep I totally agree, Craig did too lol

where is that cheerleader

:cheerleader:

kept
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 03:26:33 AM by Kept »

Offline fire walker

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 09:11:43 AM »
where is that cheerleader

:cheerleader:

kept

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Just spoted the cheerleader down at the grocery market buying the fixings for a good meal for hungry company coming, many don't believe the truth that here in supposedly the wealthist Nation in the world there are many dealing with homelessnes and hunger, if a man so much as feeds and shows compassion for one hungry and thirsting soul he has done it for me said our Lord Jesus Christ, compassion may come by the spirit but the joy is in comforting those in literal needs as well as spiritual, no matter what Nation they are from.

As for amputees, our flesh and blood bodies do not naturaly grow new limbs once they are gone, no more than we can replace our teeth with a 3rd or 4th set of natural teeth.
At least today they have artificial limbs that are far better than wooden legs or being confined to a wheelchair for the remaining duration of life. Some folks are born with worse deformities from birth than amputees experience, however most of these have time to adapt during their childhood that amputees don't have, many amputees overcome their loss and many do not. It appears that the ones who overcome the loss have been healed in the context of healing as we are speaking about in this
thread.

Peace,
Fire Walker 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:52:48 AM by fire walker »
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 06:35:39 PM »
Q1 Why won't God heal amputees?

Answer:

Matthew 15: 29-31
29 And Jesus departed from thence [the coasts of Tyre and Sidon], and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

While the reports of restorations of lost limbs and the like among Christians seem to be more common from outside the United States, certainly among those With Heidi Baker in Africa for one source, it happens here too.

A Pastor Reesie (sp?) at Grace Church in Ft Lauderdale, FL was witnessing to a young man a few years ago.  The fellow said that if what he was saying about God being good, all powerful and present was true, then He should be able to heal his hand with all the fingers cut off.  Brother Reesie agreed.  He says God told him to shout at the fingers.  So he did; for something like over 5 hours til he was completely hoarse.  The fingers all grew back!  The fellowship I was with for a few years met in the Grace Church building for around a year because the people had outgrown it and were meeting elsewhere.  I got to meet both the pastor and the guy that had been healed.  I think he drove a Firebird.  They had medical papers concerning the matter.

---James
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 06:45:55 PM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
Good answers to the questions, most of the questions really didn't merit answering.  I see nobody said anything about "man wasn't created from the dust of the earth".  Factually speaking, about 10 years back, it was reported that the human body, if assayed chemically, was composed of common elements that were worth about 98 cents.  Basically, dust of the earth.  I can't remember the name of the author, but a book, The Science of God, addresses the 7 day thing and a number of other "scientific" problems.  I enjoyed it because I really enjoyed physics, and wondered if the laws of relativity could be applied and what do ya know, he did just that.  7 days it could have been.   

Offline AbbasChild

• Father Judges No One
    • Abba's Child
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »
Each of these questions use an internal informal fallacy in order for the reader to react in accordance to the questioner instead of reflecting on the reality.

Q1
"Why won't God heal amputees?

Who says He doesn't? I do not know any amputees, and there are many miracles that do not recieve attention. 

Such question already pre-supposes that God won't. It is a fallacy of presupposition. Why won't you stop beating your wife? It presupposes you beat your wife.

Conclusion: Not worth answering.

Q2

Despite being omnipotent, God has given authority of earth to mankind to take care of it. He has allowed free-will within the habitation and boundary He has set up for us.

In fact, there is enough food in the US alone, that would feed the entire world, 3 square meals a day without waste. The wickedness and godlessness of mankind, is why there are many starving people in this world. Food is not the problem, and those who are starving are starving because the selfishness of their neighbors.

Q3

This presupposes that there is innocent deaths commanded by God in the Bible. I have studied Scripture and have seen the 'proof' texts of athiests and agnostics who point out God kills children, and women, and so forth. This is a debate within itself. Any rational and intelligent person will understand even 100 years ago, the culture of society was far different than it is today. Even 50 years ago, a fist to fist fight would not get a man jail time for abuse, but today you slap a person across the face you can be in jail for 3 years!

Q4

Physcology also contains so anti-scientific nonsense, yet it is recognized field of science. Does Scripture say God made the world in seven days? Or does it say it took Seven Olams? An Olam representing a age or period of time with a distinct beginning and end. Science cannot even prove how earth was made, because science needs to be observable, therefore everything concerning creation whether scientific or theological, is theory.

Q5

This question again presupposes God is in favor of slavery. Culture was different. Even today, a man who makes $4 an hour, even though he is being paid for his work, is literally a slave to it. Slavery is perception, not reality. There is good and bad examples in history, the anti-slavery view is in view of the unethical European slave trade.

Q6

Ecclesiastes says it does. King Solomon wrote this far before this man came to this question. The rain falls on the good and evil a like, there is nothing new unders the sun. The circumstances of life may seem evil, but the good man is at peace in his heart.

Q7

Irrelevant. There are many things that don't have physical evidence that happened in the past, which even scientists and historians know happened. The reports of events are considered evidence of the events. So guess what, the gospels are sufficient evidence that Jesus performed miracles.

Q8

He is making an emotional appeal, another fallacy. He is telling us to be rational and intelligent people, but now he is working on your fear of abandonment. How do I explain the fact Jesus never appeared to me? I can't, because He came to me when I was 4 years old, in physical form. I touched His hands and He touched my face and saved me from sexual abuse. At age 18, He physically sat next to my bed talking to me about the cult which brought a crisis of faith, only to show comfort me that He is the Truth, and that He would never leave me nor forsake me for anything. Etc.

Q9

He is again appealing to emotion. How disgusting does it sound to eat His body and drink His blood. Of course, he is specifically addressing a tradition which is not actually in Scripture which says the crackers and wine actually become His body and His blood. The reality is that it is a metaphor, a symbolic gesture of something deeper on an emotional, intellectual, spiritual, philosophical side. It was never a literal interpretation. (This guy says he is rational).

Q10

Presupposing that all who claim to be Christian, are in fact Christ followers, then we must accept the reason they get divorced at the same rate is because we all make mistakes.

The author actually brought this question up in relation to 'let no man put assunder', and yet they are. He forgets God allowed divorce in Scripture, He just detestes it.

This comes back to our freedom of will, to make the right and good choices and many do not and suffer the consequences of their actions.

However, this presupposes that all who claim to be Christian ,are in fact Christ followers. How many true Christians get divorced? I don't know, can't measure the heart to know.

This man put together a series of arguements which were meant to lead to one conclusion. The way he phrases the questions and the order they appear are meant to create a sense of distrust in God and a sense of faithlessness. He is preparing for this conclusion that all men who believe in God, are delusional. He suggests only abnormal people believe in a God. A recent survey done records that as much as 86% of the world believes in a 'greater power' or 'Spirit' or 'God' or 'gods'. Of the 14% half are not sure, that leaves 7% of the world which absolutely believes in no god, force or spirit. This man believes that 93% of the mankind is delusional! Has anyone done a study on the word, "Normal".

Normal :

1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural. 
2. serving to establish a standard. 
a. approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment. 
b. free from any mental disorder; sane. 

By the definition of Normal, that 7% are actually the delusional ones, and that means they are the ones insane. ;)

Great Stuff!  :thumbsup:
It is much more possible for the sun to give out darkness than for God to do or be, or give out anything but Blessing and Goodness.- William Law

Man can certainly flee from God... but he cannot escape him. He can certainly hate God and be hateful to God, but he cannot change into its opposite the eternal love of God which triumphs even in his hate. --Karl Barth

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »
It was Freud who dubbed God a universal obsessional neurosis.  Of course, he himself was deeply conflicted in this matter, raised Jewish, surrounded by Catholics, victimized by anti-semitism.  Through his life it has been found that he struggled to believe, but apparently his own ego, or is it super ego, refused to allow him the release to find Him.

rhellis

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »
Why doesn't God heal amputees?

My faith is at a place rest right now where I don't require miracles, which is good since to be quite honest, I haven't seen any in the strictest sense of the word. Granted, I have experienced some VERY profound coincidences, VERY, VERY profound, but not miracles that could only be explained as supernatural intervention.

Example: a couple of months ago, I was hanging out in a bar. It was a Monday or Tuesday. There's only one other person at the bar and the bartender behind it. We started talking about psychopaths for some reasons-- Dahmer, Bundy, etc., and out of the clear blue, I say, "You know, in the two years that I've been living here, there's only been one person I've met who strikes me as being a psychopath." I couldn't think of his name, but I started describing him.

The bartender suddenly looked nervous, sick, and worried. Her brother had arranged for this particular man (area of about 30,000 people) to take her children to school the next morning. The NEXT morning. He had never taken them to school before. He was doing it as a favor. She called the man who then argued with her, saying, "But I thought they wanted to ride with  me."

Beyond any doubt, I had brought up the SAME guy. We narrowed it to beyond any doubt. This individual truly is dangerous, and I could explain, but I'll spare the details for now.

The odds of what happened are just too staggering for it to be a mere coincidence. BUT, how do I answer for the children who were not rescued at the last minute? The millions raped, killed, starved, etc.

My only answer is that good points us to God, but bad is for the perfecting of our sonship to God, which means growing into the being of God-- returning to where we were with God in the beginning. Pain and suffering are our bad wine first, but the good wine is coming. The rich man had to do a stint in purgatory because he took the "good wine" first in the richness of this temporal life.

I won't say that miracles never happen because that would be quite narrow, but I know of no case where an amputee instantly grew a replacement.

DeeDee

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »
I too came across the youtube video today. Don't find their arguments very strong. Was wondering if any of you have been to their forum yet to make some valid arguments and statements? If not I am looking for some people who are prepared to join me. It upsets me so much when people try and disprove God. I wonder how much ET has to do with it. People will deny anything if it causes them enough fear. Please people, go to youtube and watch this video and you will see what I mean. Please join me.

Blessings
Dee

alihaymeg

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »
I've been roaming the Why Won't God Heal Amputees? site this morning and have come to the conclusion that these guys are just looking for anything to poke fun at. Their view is that only that which can be proven scientifically is logical and provable.

I would not reccomend going there and arguing with them. They will not be swayed and will probably try their best just to aggrivate you. There will be no productive outcomes. If you just want to argue with someone, then go for it. I'm not going to cast my pearls before swine.

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »
Well, there are men of science who would rather postulate infinite bubble universes (which by definition they know they can never prove) than consider the idea of a Supreme Being (God).  Then these same people will tell you just how miraculous it is that we exist, and how miraculous it is that earth, in the middle of a "shooting range" of meteors and such, is not impacted by huge space debris more often.  But of course, these are scientific miracles, no God involved.  Talk about hypocrisy.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »
Why doesn't God heal amputees?

My faith is at a place rest right now where I don't require miracles, which is good since to be quite honest, I haven't seen any in the strictest sense of the word. Granted, I have experienced some VERY profound coincidences, VERY, VERY profound, but not miracles that could only be explained as supernatural intervention.

Example: a couple of months ago, I was hanging out in a bar. It was a Monday or Tuesday. There's only one other person at the bar and the bartender behind it. We started talking about psychopaths for some reasons-- Dahmer, Bundy, etc., and out of the clear blue, I say, "You know, in the two years that I've been living here, there's only been one person I've met who strikes me as being a psychopath." I couldn't think of his name, but I started describing him.

The bartender suddenly looked nervous, sick, and worried. Her brother had arranged for this particular man (area of about 30,000 people) to take her children to school the next morning. The NEXT morning. He had never taken them to school before. He was doing it as a favor. She called the man who then argued with her, saying, "But I thought they wanted to ride with  me."

Beyond any doubt, I had brought up the SAME guy. We narrowed it to beyond any doubt. This individual truly is dangerous, and I could explain, but I'll spare the details for now.

The odds of what happened are just too staggering for it to be a mere coincidence. BUT, how do I answer for the children who were not rescued at the last minute? The millions raped, killed, starved, etc.

My only answer is that good points us to God, but bad is for the perfecting of our sonship to God, which means growing into the being of God-- returning to where we were with God in the beginning. Pain and suffering are our bad wine first, but the good wine is coming. The rich man had to do a stint in purgatory because he took the "good wine" first in the richness of this temporal life.

I won't say that miracles never happen because that would be quite narrow, but I know of no case where an amputee instantly grew a replacement.

I hadn't read this post before.  But I think that we'd see a lot more divine appointments such as this once the church-goers realize that the gifts given to us that 1 Corinthians 12 speaks of . .are not intended to mainfest solely in church services.  We're equipped to go out into the highways and byways . .the bar is definitely a by way  . . . come to think of it, for many, it's also their highway.  How many more tragedies could be averted if we the church could wipe the smirks off our faces and stop condemning the bar-hoppers and start reaching out to them instead?

Redkora

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 09:15:10 PM »
Why won't God heal amputees? From what I understand, God's Son gave us the Holy Spirit to heal, and with faith, we can. It's a matter of having enough faith not only to believe God can heal through the Holy Spirit with us as the vessel, but to KNOW that God can through the Holy Spirit.

Just my  :2c:.

alihaymeg

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 05:13:40 AM »
But I think that we'd see a lot more divine appointments such as this once the church-goers realize that the gifts given to us that 1 Corinthians 12 speaks of . .are not intended to mainfest solely in church services.  We're equipped to go out into the highways and byways . .the bar is definitely a by way  . . . come to think of it, for many, it's also their highway.  How many more tragedies could be averted if we the church could wipe the smirks off our faces and stop condemning the bar-hoppers and start reaching out to them instead?

Amen! Where would you find Jesus in our time if He were here as a mortal? Eating and drinking with the tax collectors and thieves? Absolutely. We all have darkness in our lives, and judging ours to be less potent than a person who attends bars and socializes is wrong. Most Christians just go along with the standard because it is what is accepted by the majority. ...water to wine....a little wine for the stomach's sake...etc.
All things are lawful, but not all are expedient. What about the overweight Christian that sits at home eating 1000's of calories and killing himself with food. Is that not falling short of the glory of God? Try that subject out in the pulpit. Be ready to have cheeseburgers thrown at you. Is caffeine not a drug? Actually it is almost as potent and addicting as cocaine. There is a double standard in the body of Christ. If you want to condemn others for smoking and drinking make sure you are not gorging yourself at Ryan's every Sunday after Church and sucking down Pepsi like it's going out of style.

Sorry....got a little out of control there.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 06:32:14 PM »
  Very good points all.......
  the main reason so many have turned away from God

for the organized church
 is the religious zealots  in their hypocricy 
  you are either going to be  just like them
 or run  from it with  every ounce of breath in you ... :mblush:

alihaymeg

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »
Unfortunately, that is why I left and why I have such strong feelings about this. I also feel ashamed that I took the offense (You can only be offended if you take the offense upon yourself) rather than letting it go. My only excuse is that I was a teenager at the time, and the people who were supposed to be my spiritual guides kicked me out of school for an accident. I didn't graduate because of it. There is still a lot of bitterness there. Guess I need to work on forgivness eh?

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 12:07:38 AM »
Unfortunately, that is why I left and why I have such strong feelings about this. I also feel ashamed that I took the offense (You can only be offended if you take the offense upon yourself) rather than letting it go. My only excuse is that I was a teenager at the time, and the people who were supposed to be my spiritual guides kicked me out of school for an accident. I didn't graduate because of it. There is still a lot of bitterness there. Guess I need to work on forgivness eh?

Hi alihaymeg ,
    we do get offended , I am guilty as sin . :mblush:

and have not been back   to organized church in years
  I loved the people  so  much and see them in places from time to time 

thats when  i miss them  the most
  it just seems to me that if one man or group of  men can rule over a whole group of people  they should be able  to have   them abilities to be more concerned for the groups welfare  , individually and as a grop 
 to me if you do not measure up  you are out  :mshock:

and I dont see that as right in the sight of God at all !!!
  on the  contrary ,  even Jesus went after the one lost sheep   and   left the 99 in safe keeping amongst themselves , till He returned again  :sigh:

alihaymeg

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 01:03:22 AM »
Absolutely!

I try no to fault them too much for being human. It is hard to give to each person what they need when you are preocupied with defending your position within the denomination. In a choice between protecting each other and protecting our power, protecting power usually wins. That's why I prefer to fellowship here with all of my beloved brothers and sisters where we are all equals.

God bless you.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 01:10:10 AM »
Absolutely!

I try no to fault them too much for being human. It is hard to give to each person what they need when you are preocupied with defending your position within the denomination. In a choice between protecting each other and protecting our power, protecting power usually wins. That's why I prefer to fellowship here with all of my beloved brothers and sisters where we are all equals.

God bless you.

I feel the same Bro , and am so sorry you were mistreated  at such and young age , by  those whom  that power was entrusted to
  they have failed miserably 
  but as them so have I also in what the Lord gave me to " increase" ..

the talents parable comes to my mind right now 
 God bless you too  so very much bro  :HeartThrob:

alihaymeg

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 01:14:37 AM »
Your compasionate words bring tears to my eyes.

This is something that the Holy Spirit is still dealing with in me.

He has turned it all around to work for my good.

Now I just need to let it go.

Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy toward me!

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 01:40:31 AM »

AMEN !  God love ya  :HeartThrob: