Author Topic: Why Won't God Heal Amputees?  (Read 8780 times)

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 07:45:38 AM »
In the commercial meat generating facilities there are rows upon rows of cages, sometimes several floors of cages.  The chicken in the cage with about a dozen others had the pointy tip of it's beak clipped by a hot wire when it was about 3 days old so it couldn't peck the other chickens.  It gets the space of only about 1 page of typewriter paper to inhabit for it's entire life.  In some states they've managed to pass laws to stop such intensive production techniques in order for the birds to have a more "natural" lifestyle.  California has something like that to go into effect in maybe a decade to make it easier for farmers to adjust.  It will drive up the prices of meat considerably.  The process of adapting to the change may mean much more imported chicken.  While the bird I mentioned has stresses unique to it's caged life, because it has never known anything else it can be reasonably proposed that it can't miss what it never had.  Do you realize the way some children have been treated they are in a lifestyle if wickedness, whether violence or deviant sexuality,or whatever.  They perpetuate on their own children what was done to them.  They don't know there is another life outside their cages, a life that exists as potential within their own life.  This is very important for our spiritual understanding.

Jesus on the cross said of those responsible for putting Him there, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Many Christians are fearful of falling into some kind of gnostic heresy if they allow themselves to believe that people really don't understand what they're doing.  To know that the most wicked of people will one day understand and cast themselves at Jesus feet, imploring Him to have mercy, works a softening in our own hearts towards them now, while they're in their ignorance.  Surely the inworking of the love of God toward the ungodly for whom Christ died bears witness to the truth of God's ultimate salvation of all.  We all, born in Adam, suffer being amputated from God.  My entire self is an amputation.  The restoration of the rest of our lost being, our being enabled to partake of the Divine nature from which we were cut off is the story of the gospel applied to our life.  "For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bone." (Ep 5:30)  We are the flesh of God in the earth.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:00:53 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
To know that the most wicked of people will one day understand and cast themselves at Jesus feet, imploring Him to have mercy, works a softening in our own hearts towards them now, while they're in their ignorance.  Surely the inworking of the love of God toward the ungodly for whom Christ died bears witness to the truth of God's ultimate salvation of all.  We all, born in Adam, suffer being amputated from God.  My entire self is an amputation.  The restoration of the rest of our lost being, our being enabled to partake of the Divine nature from which we were cut off is the story of the gospel applied to our life.  "For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bone." (Ep 5:30)  We are the flesh of God in the earth.

The whole post was  good James , but   This  is profound !   
     knowing nothing  but wickedness , never really  knowing God , but an image  in their own minds ,  cut off from God that is ...exactly what it is !

I am  also seeing in their ignorance their arrogance , they go hand in hand
 God will and does  humble all in the End .
  thanks for the reminder bro ...
  love ya....... rose  :HeartThrob:

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 10:52:26 PM »
I had discussions with people on that site for a couple of years. It was a very good and eye-opening experience for me, and was one of the things that was instrumental in my journey toward UR. A lot of ET casualties on that site...
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

jesushandsarekindhands

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 04:17:20 AM »
I dont blame the atheists for attacking 'religion' to be honest.
In fact id soon side with them that with 'religion'.
The man raises some good points on his video, some I used to agree with myself.

Out of my limited wisdom im going to answer his questions (because i can't sleep and i'm bored lol).  Also it's a good way of testing my faith...Ok, let's see...

Q1
Why won't God heal amputees?

First of all, who said he didn't?  Do they have proof?  That's what Atheists want isn't it?  PROOF PROOF PROOF for everything?  Well I DEMAND it here now as well i tells ya!
Also, if someone loses an arm because he was careless in chopping down a tree or something, what exactly has that got to do with God?  It's the mans fault.
If someone is born disabled or missing limbs, Jesus said they exist so that the 'power of God can be seen'.  God made them that way and as such if someone is born with no legs, he is still FULLY able to fullfill God's purpose for his life as he was simply created that way.

Q2
Why are there so many starving people in this world?

Because of sin...Sin has it's dire consequences.  That's why we are to seek God and put an end to it.  Yes Mr Atheist, there's no point telling us about all the problems in the world if YOU are part of it.  ALL sin is punishable by death.

Q3
Why does God demand the deaths of so many innocent people in the Bible?

We are told that God is good, and that God is love, so I'm sure God had his reasons.  In the Old Testament he had to protect his 'chosen' people (The Israelites) from disease etc, hence the reason children were circumcised after so many days, men couldn't sleep with women on their period, men couldn't sleep with men etc etc.  Your taking this out of context, Jesus shows us what God is like, whatever happened in the Old Testament was for different people, at a different time in a very different world.

Q4
Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

Where?  Oh you mean it has stories like a talking snake etc?  Ever heard of symbolism?  Of course you have!  This is just an excuse isn't it Mr Atheist!
Long before science the Bible said the world was round and God hangs it upon nothing.  Long before science the Bible told people to wash their hands under 'running water' to avoid contamination from invisible bacteria...I could go on all day, but why bother, you know the truth.

Q5
Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible?

Again different people different times.  But the slaves in those days would have been FAR worse treated if God hadn't set rules in place for them.  In fact after 6 years a slave was free to live as a free man or woman.  You won't find that anywhere else in history.

Q6
Why do bad things happen to good people?

Why do you think?  It's called life my friend, it's no respector of peoples.

Q7
Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles in the bible leave behind any evidence?

What are you expecting here?  Do you think the bottle of water that Jesus turned into wine is still here?  Nope it's long drunk!  The people he healed are all in the grave etc etc. 

Q8
How do you explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

I wouldn't have to explain it, God has revealed himself to me many times.  In fact that's the reason im here talking to you today.

Q9
Why would Jesus want you to eat His body and drink His blood?

It's symbolic, (as you well know).
Bread is needed to satisfy the physical existence and sustenance just as He, being God, must be consumed in order for a person to be spiritually filled and satisfied. Just as we partake of bread with pure faith that it will keep us alive, eternal life comes through the same kind of faith in Christ.

Q10
Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians.

Because they are human and fallable.  Also just because someone says they are a Christian doesn't mean they are one, or that they are living by the spirit.  'By their fruits shall you know them'.

I think i'll post this to the guy on utube that made the video now.

jesushandsarekindhands

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 04:18:31 AM »
...With the message of universal salvation at the end of course.

coldwar

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »

Q1

I don't know, however we have the last miracle of Jesus when Jesus healed the chopped off ear although only recorded as such in Luke.  Is He able to?  I believe He can.
Yes! I know of a man whose foot was crushed under the wheel of a forklift. When in the Emergency ward, in answer to prayer, the bones of his foot went back together before the very eyes of the Doctors. This was a case of an amputation being divinely prevented.

Q2

Jesus was pretty clear in the commission given that it is up to us to feed and take care of the poor, widows and orphans.  
[/quote]
Yes- mankind has created the starvation, not God. God's wrath is revealed against those who are destroying the earth. (Rev. 11:18)

Q6
[/quote]
Luke 13:4, 5 "Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

Q8

This happens mostly in the Spiritual but there are testimonies of physical.
[/quote]
He's appearing to me right now as I write these words- in the Spiritual.

Q9

This leads me to believe that he was RC wrt the Eucharist.  Again symbolic and cannot be understood carnally.
[/quote]
Jesus himself said this very thing in John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

[/quote]

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
Those were great answers coldwar  :thumbsup:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen Coldwar.... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
Nother Amen here! :thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

SteveW

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »
Why won't God Heal Amputees?

This isn't the real question.  The real question is, "if God is real and He wants us to believe He is good, loving, caring and wants to be in relationship with us, then why doesn't He just reveal 1/10,000th of His Glory in real, tangible, even physically expressed love and care and remove any margin for doubt?  Surely an all knowing, all powerful, all loving God could do better than this?  Don't give me some lame excuse of an answer, the way God has set it up kind of sucks for me."

The only answer I have is that I have to view my life as the first day of 10,000 thousand years I will live and trust that God knows what the heck He's doing.  That when he says that in this age faith is essential and he won't be pleased without it (Heb 11:6) that there is a reason for that.  That somehow eternal life starts now and consists of knowing him dimly, like through a crappy, crappy mirror.  We have to endure crap and keep hope.  We have let go of everything we consider dear, ourself, our ego, our self-centered desires of any kind.  We have to lose our life.  That we have to seek and seek him with minimal reward in this life for our efforts.  That our peace and joy won't come in the way or feel like or be defined in the way that our flesh would like it to be.

It's no wonder that, when you add belief in eternal torment for most of mankind, it breaks some people's faith.

I freely admit that I don't like that answer, but it's my reality right now.  Kind of a Psalm 13 thing.

SteveW

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
Q1 Why won't God heal amputees?

Answer:

Matthew 15: 29-31
29 And Jesus departed from thence [the coasts of Tyre and Sidon], and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

While the reports of restorations of lost limbs and the like among Christians seem to be more common from outside the United States, certainly among those With Heidi Baker in Africa for one source, it happens here too.

A Pastor Reesie (sp?) at Grace Church in Ft Lauderdale, FL was witnessing to a young man a few years ago.  The fellow said that if what he was saying about God being good, all powerful and present was true, then He should be able to heal his hand with all the fingers cut off.  Brother Reesie agreed.  He says God told him to shout at the fingers.  So he did; for something like over 5 hours til he was completely hoarse.  The fingers all grew back!  The fellowship I was with for a few years met in the Grace Church building for around a year because the people had outgrown it and were meeting elsewhere.  I got to meet both the pastor and the guy that had been healed.  I think he drove a Firebird.  They had medical papers concerning the matter.

---James

I would love to read those medical papers.  Color me skeptical because this kind of thing would have made world wide news.

Luke 16:31

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Asking why God doesn't heal amputees is another form of testing God asking for physical proof of his existence.  For reasons only known to God he chooses for us to live by faith and not by sight.  I have my theories but I'm sure they fall painfully short of the truth.

The only way this question is relevant ("if God is real and He wants us to believe He is good, loving, caring and wants to be in relationship with us, then why doesn't He just reveal 1/10,000th of His Glory in real, tangible, even physically expressed love and care and remove any margin for doubt?) is if you believe in ET.

If you believe in ET then I can see the relevance of this question.  Why would God stack the deck against you?  So he could torture you forever?  ET has so many fundamental flaws it erodes the foundation of the faith.  If ET is true I would think that God who loves agape would make it abundantly clear with prime evidence of his existence and expectations.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:04:51 PM by shawn »

Shadow

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
Asking why God doesn't heal amputees is another form of testing God asking for physical proof of his existence.  For reasons only known to God he chooses for us to live by faith and not by sight.  I have my theories but I'm sure they fall painfully short of the truth.

The only way this question is relevant ("if God is real and He wants us to believe He is good, loving, caring and wants to be in relationship with us, then why doesn't He just reveal 1/10,000th of His Glory in real, tangible, even physically expressed love and care and remove any margin for doubt?) is if you believe in ET.

If you believe in ET then I can see the relevance of this question.  Why would God stacked the deck against you?  So he could torture you forever?  ET has so many fundamental flaws it erodes the foundation of the faith.  If ET is true I would think that God who loves agape would make it abundantly clear with prime evidence of his existence and expectations.

I think there is some relevance to this question as the evidence seems to be against God being as all loving as you claim (I know I'm supposed to blindly accept this without questioning anything), it's not a matter of faith, it's a matter of facing the grim reality of life as it really is, not how you want it to be

Although I do agree with you on one thing, the doctrine of ET being false already alleviates more than 99% of the burden, imagine being forced to live a life like this, then having to endure ET on top of it, one can then rightly claim that such a god is hateful

Before you load the image bear in mind, fundamentalist christianity would have us believe that everyone receives an equal opportunity in life, which is a cruel, callous LIE

(The image itself is very heartbreaking and disturbing, that's why I've posted a link and not the picture itself....which is of a starving child in Africa being stalked by a vulture...I personally find it heartbreaking and depressing)

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/odds_and_oddities/assets/wanting_a_meal.jpg

I saw this image on a forum where christians of the "save me, feed me, bless me" mindset post, and this is a response to them as to why God favors them, yet lets the above happen,as well as children being raped murdered etc

In all due fairness to the christians being attacked, I couldn't help but wonder if the person/persons responsible for taking the picture did anything to help (somehow I don't think they did), for that reason alone, they would be far guiltier than anyone christian or otherwise that was 1000's of miles away, that's always accused of doing nothing :thumbdown:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:14:52 PM by Shadow »

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
I think there is some relevance to this question as the evidence seems to be against God being as all loving as you claim (I know I'm supposed to blindly accept this without questioning anything), it's not a matter of faith, it's a matter of facing the grim reality of life as it really is not how you want it to be

It's only relevant if you believe in ET.  And you will never read me write nor hear me say you should accept without questioning.  I am a man who has questioned everything about my faith.  I have dissected atheistic argument, philosophical debate about faith and the existance of God.  I have had extensive debates with Neo-evolutionists, philosophy majors, pastors, atheists in the search for truth.  It wasn't until I took a new look at the teachings of hell that the light bulb came on for me.  

Although I do agree with you one thing, the doctrine of ET being false already alleviates more than 99% of the burden, imagine being forced to live a life like this then having to endure ET on top of it, one can then rightly claim that such a god is hateful.

Yes, it does alleviate more than 99% of the burden.  Now the Bible actually makes sense in it's entirety for the first time in my life.

Before you load the image bear in mind, fundamentalist christianity would have us believe that everyone receives and equal opportunity in life, which is a cruel, callous LIE

(The image itself very heartbreaking and disturbing, that's why I've posted a link and not the picture itself....which is of a starving child in Africa being stalked by a vulture...I personally find it heartbreaking and depressing)

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/odds_and_oddities/assets/wanting_a_meal.jpg

I saw this image on a forum where christians of the "save me, feed me, bless me" mindset post, and this is a response to them as to why God favors them, yet lets the above happen as well as children being raped murder etc

In all fairness to the christians being attacked, I couldn't help but wonder if the person responsible for taking the picture did anything to help (somehow I don't think they did), for that reason alone, they would be far guiltier than anyone christian or otherwise that was 1000's of miles away, of doing nothing

All suffering in this life will be put into it's proper perspective in the next.  I don't believe any of us get this whole life thing in it's entirety.  I would wonder about anyone claiming they get it all.  If your heart didn't break under the suffering of man then something is broken with your heart.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:30:35 PM by shawn »

Shadow

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »
If your heart didn't break under the suffering of man then something is broken with your heart.

It did, that's why I'm come across as contentious and impossible sometimes, the ONLY thing that matters to me is that the doctrine of ET isn't true, I no longer worry about the trivial things that once used to worry me

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »
If your heart didn't break under the suffering of man then something is broken with your heart.

It did, that's why I'm come across as contentious and impossible sometimes, the ONLY thing that matters to me is that the doctrine of ET isn't true, I no longer worry about the trivial things that once used to worry me

Exactly, it's called freedom and we have freedom in Christ.  I was at a cross road in my faith not so long ago. I had some choices.  I couldn't make sense of the Bible and I would serve God out of fear, stop believing all together, believe but know I couldn't serve a Creator who would torment his creation for eternity, or take a whole new look about the teachings of hell.  I chose the last and I am so glad I did.

I suffered under this oppressive hand created by my own understanding of God.  Everytime I screwed up I beat myself, grew anxious, depressed and cynical.  I would repent, eventually forgive myself, feel right again for a time then rinse lather repeat.  Today, I don't have to live like that.  I know the God who created me loves me and I know he loves my fellow man.  I know he isn't waiting with a fly swat hoping I land on the table.  I forgive myself easier today, live in anxiety and depression for much shorter periods and I am able to receive the love of God.

I don't know how he works it out but I know he will work it out for the good of mankind.  That's all I need to know.

Shadow

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
Exactly, it's called freedom and we have freedom in Christ.  I was at a cross road in my faith not so long ago. I had some choices.  I couldn't make sense of the Bible and I would serve God out of fear, stop believing all together, believe but know I couldn't serve a Creator who would torment his creation for eternity, or take a whole new look about the teachings of hell.  I chose the last and I am so glad I did.

I understand the feeling and feel the same way about not being able to serve a Creator that would torment his creation for eternity, I can't fathom a worse or more monstrous concept, I couldn't even do it for the sake of self preservation, but find myself unable to disbelieve even although I'm a member of ex-christian.net, whenever I take the beliefomatic I always get Orthodox Quaker at the top and Non-theist at the bottom although I don't consider myself a christian, so it seems as if I have no option but to do the same as you, trying to get over my anger and rage is a bit of a problem though :dontknow:

I suffered under this oppressive hand created by my own understanding of God.  Everytime I screwed up I beat myself, grew anxious, depressed and cynical.

I've been going through and feeling this way since January 2008, so I can relate

I would repent, eventually forgive myself, feel right again for a time then rinse lather repeat.  Today, I don't have to live like that.  I know the God who created me loves me and I know he loves my fellow man.  I know he isn't waiting with a fly swat hoping I land on the table.  I forgive myself easier today, live in anxiety and depression for much shorter periods and I am able to receive the love of God.

I've yet to reach that point, I'm afraid
I don't know how he works it out but I know he will work it out for the good of mankind.  That's all I need to know.

I hope one day I'll KNOW it for sure, there are many things I have problems with apart from ET, but if I can come to this realization, then I'll be happy to love and serve God

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »

I understand the feeling and feel the same way about not being able to serve a Creator that would torment his creation for eternity, I can't fathom a worse or more monstrous concept, I couldn't even do it for the sake of self preservation, but find myself unable to disbelieve even although I'm a member of ex-christian.net, whenever I take the beliefomatic I always get Orthodox Quaker at the top and Non-theist at the bottom although I don't consider myself a christian, so it seems as if I have no option but to do the same as you, trying to get over my anger and rage is a bit of a problem though :dontknow:

I suffered under this oppressive hand created by my own understanding of God.  Everytime I screwed up I beat myself, grew anxious, depressed and cynical.

I've been going through and feeling this way since January 2008, so I can relate

I would repent, eventually forgive myself, feel right again for a time then rinse lather repeat.  Today, I don't have to live like that.  I know the God who created me loves me and I know he loves my fellow man.  I know he isn't waiting with a fly swat hoping I land on the table.  I forgive myself easier today, live in anxiety and depression for much shorter periods and I am able to receive the love of God.

I've yet to reach that point, I'm afraid

I hope one day I'll KNOW it for sure, there are many things I have problems with apart from ET, but if I can come to this realization, then I'll be happy to love and serve God

I see alot of myself in your posts.  I can say I asked the tough questions and stripped down my faith to it's parts.  I questioned each thing I considered reality.  I even tried giving up for a time.  It was almost two years that I said, "I'm done".  The frustration of trying to live under the law was unbearable.  I always thought I was going to screw up my salvation.  Then I thought to myself even if I get it right what about everyone else?  Who is this God I serve who burns people for eternity?  It was the two worst years of my life.  I about lost my mind during that time.  Anxiety and depression took over my life and I had zero joy.  I was angry, cynical, and honestly I didn't think I would ever feel different.  I didn't think there was anyway I could go back to believing like I did before.  You know what?  I was right.  That process was just the beginning of a long journey (painfully long) of searching.  And in the darkest hour of my life God held his hand out to me.  He began explaining things to me and I began to accept.  It was slow because I am naturally untrusting.  I was afraid.  It was a God driven process and I can take no credit.  He began stripping away the spiritual abuse I heaped upon myself and that which had been placed on me.  He began to open my eyes to truth about how he really feels about me and who I am in Christ.  It's hard to feel loveable when you have been abused.  He healed those places as well.  He put me on a path of forgiveness...forgiving others who have harmed me.  He also taught me to forgive myself.  I sought out those I had harmed and made ammends.

Where am I today?  I would love to give you a story book ending but that would be a lie.  But, what I can tell you is I trust the love of God today.  I can tell you I believe in his goodness.  I have joy more days that I don't.  I am able to place my fears in his hands.  I am able to trust that he will enable and strengthen me.  Life is tough but I see purpose today when I suffer.  I listen to the lessons in the pain and I grow from them.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2010, 08:40:23 AM »

Answer:

Matthew 15:30-31
30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

I would love to read those medical papers.  Color me skeptical because this kind of thing would have made world wide news.

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "
9 out of 10 professional journalists have never been in a "church," even to get out of the rain.  These same people answered that they believe their mission is to change the thinking of the public to conform to their own ideas of things.  So to what "world wide news" do refer?  Apparently grass roots reports are not your cup of tea.  You were given names and locations in my post that you can call the 411 operator and find telephone numbers to track down the story to its source if you are so inclined.  I find it interesting you quote Luke 16:31 after your confessed skepticism.  Jesus told the people of His day that they were in error because they did not know Scripture or the power of God.  I can tell many examples of the power of God in manifestation.  It would make little or no difference to those who do not experientially know God's Word or God's power.  I'd just be securing my place as a target for the skeptics' attacks.  People make their little boxes to contain God and when He manifests outside them they deny it...well, a few do repent.

You know how common in one form or another is the saying , "If God is good then why is there so much suffering in the world?"  Unbelievers say it to object to God and believers say it because they don't have sufficient answers for it.  One answer I almost never hear is that Jesus has opened a door that no man can shut that we may enter into total victory over everything destroying mankind.  For those who enter into His presence and go no more out there is love for all their fear and hate, enightenment for all their ignorance, healing for all their disease, freedom for all their bondage, righteousness for all their sins, power for all their weakness, wealth for all their poverty, and even life for all their death.  How do you believe God will eventually produce perfect everything everywhere? which indeed He will accomplish.  He has a firstfruits company who will enforce His GOOD pleasure, a Royal Priesthood that will reign in all the earth!  I'm not talking about weapons of carnal force, nor is it by way of "politics."  It is in foretaste the present and ongoing right of any child of God through prayer and obedience.  Eventually it will be by those who have entered into physical immortality and incorruptible life.  Rather than by Adamic humanity, it is the manifestation of a superior species, those born of God spirit, soul, and body.  This is the one thing the apostle Paul said he was doing which is to press forward into the being summoned into a higher dimension in Christ and attain unto the out-resurrection out from among the dead, that this vile body of humiliation would be transfigured into a body of Glory like Jesus' body.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:08:40 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »

Answer:

Matthew 15:30-31

I would love to read those medical papers.  Color me skeptical because this kind of thing would have made world wide news.

9 out of 10 professional journalists have never been in a "church," even to get out of the rain.  These same people answered that they believe their mission is to change the thinking of the public to conform to their own ideas of things.  So to what "world wide news" do refer?  Apparently grass roots reports are not your cup of tea.  You were given names and locations in my post that you can call the 411 operator and find telephone numbers to track down the story to its source if you are so inclined.  I find it interesting you quote Luke 16:31 after your confessed skepticism.  Jesus told the people of His day that they were in error because they did not know Scripture or the power of God.  I can tell many examples of the power of God in manifestation.  It would make little or no difference to those who do not experientially know God's Word or God's power.  I'd just be securing my place as a target for the skeptics' attacks.  People make their little boxes to contain God and when He manifests outside them they deny it...well, a few do repent.

You know how common in one form or another is the saying , "If God is good then why is there so much suffering in the world?"  Unbelievers say it to object to God and believers say it because they don't have sufficient answers for it.  One answer I almost never hear is that Jesus has opened a door that no man can shut that we may enter into total victory over everything destroying mankind.  For those who enter into His presence and go no more out there is love for all their fear and hate, enightenment for all their ignorance, healing for all their disease, freedom for all their bondage, righteousness for all their sins, power for all their weakness, wealth for all their poverty, and even life for all their death.  How do you believe God will eventually produce perfect everything everywhere? which indeed He will accomplish.  He has a firstfruits company who will enforce His GOOD pleasure, a Royal Priesthood that will reign in all the earth!  I'm not talking about weapons of carnal force, nor is it by way of "politics."  It is in foretaste the present and ongoing right of any child of God through prayer and obedience.  Eventually it will be by those who have entered into physical immortality and incorruptible life.  Rather than by Adamic humanity, it is the manifestation of a superior species, those born of God spirit, soul, and body.  This is the one thing the apostle Paul said he was doing which is to press forward into the being summoned into a higher dimension in Christ and attain unto the out-resurrection out from among the dead, that this vile body of humiliation would be transfigured into a body of Glory like Jesus' body.

To each their own reformer.  I don't know anything about grassroots but yes I am skeptical of "miracles" but I'm not skeptical of God or his power.  I am skeptical of men not God.  Do I believe God still performs miracles?  Yes.  Do I believe everyone who claims a miracle...no.

With that said, God doesn't have to regenerate limbs for me to believe in his power, ability or goodness.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
Who was it in the 70's that pointed out our news basically comes from only two sources:  Reuters and Associated Press and that we shouldn't expect "truth" from something so limited and managed...by "grass roots" is meant the masses of people, the common man, the average man encountered in the street, your friends and neighbors rather than an institutional or official source.

I tend to suspend belief in a lot of words I encounter.  We're probably in agreement about that.  As I've gotten older I've also learned to disregard local hearsay as the back biting and slander that it invariably is.  I've been on the receiving end of that kind of thing and do dislike it indeed.

In the list that we commonly refer to as spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12) that is translated, "miracles" in the King James is more accurately, "powers."  These are specificly workings of the Spirit of God and seem more prominent in certain believers than in others.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:24:19 PM by reFORMer »

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »
Who was it in the 70's that pointed out our news basically comes from only two souorces:  Reuters and Associated Press and that we shouldn't expect "truth" from something so managed...

Believe me I don't trust our news outlets.  I'm merely saying that I don't believe everyone who claims miracle miracle.  I also don't need to see miracles to prove anything to me about God.  I am my own miracle and the only witness to his love I need to see.  With that said, I see miracles every day.  I just came back from an AA meeting and I seen a room full of them.  It encourages my soul to know that God loves the least of these...of which I am one.

Offline Reverend G

• Est
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2010, 11:33:55 PM »
Who was it in the 70's that pointed out our news basically comes from only two souorces:  Reuters and Associated Press and that we shouldn't expect "truth" from something so managed...

Believe me I don't trust our news outlets.  I'm merely saying that I don't believe everyone who claims miracle miracle.  I also don't need to see miracles to prove anything to me about God.  I am my own miracle and the only witness to his love I need to see.  With that said, I see miracles every day.  I just came back from an AA meeting and I seen a room full of them.  It encourages my soul to know that God loves the least of these...of which I am one.

A lot of good faith in God around those tables....I've spent a few 24 hours planting my feet and shutting my mouth, these days people want to hear whar I have to say as well. (Oct 23 2005 Sob. date).

How many times has God revealed himself to the world?  How many times has the end result been to ask for "more proof"?  There never will be incontrovertible evidence....but if you allow Him into your heart you don't need it, you have all the evidence you need. 

lightningfrommymouth

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »

How many times has God revealed himself to the world?  How many times has the end result been to ask for "more proof"?  There never will be incontrovertible evidence....but if you allow Him into your heart you don't need it, you have all the evidence you need.
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Amen!

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 12:25:40 AM »

A lot of good faith in God around those tables....I've spent a few 24 hours planting my feet and shutting my mouth, these days people want to hear whar I have to say as well. (Oct 23 2005 Sob. date).

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.  Great post and I agree.  How many more miracles do we need to see in order to believe?  I see so many miracles.  I see those without faith who are drunks/addicts, dead spiritually....stop drinking/drugging, gain sobriety gain a knowledge and relationship to God.  They will tell you straight...most of these guys won't pull any punches.  "I didn't do this"  They know it was of no power of their own...most can't even fully explain it to you.  If that isn't a miracle I don't know what one is.  I will say this though, God has shown himself to me not only through others but through my own circumstances.  I know...and I am without excuse.
(8/9/07...sob date)-of no power of my own.

lightningfrommymouth

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 03:25:34 AM »
Q1

Perhaps because it might interfere with ------? I've heard many stories of people that are amputees who've said they wouldn't change what happened to them. That their struggles made them who they are.

Sub topics
We believe in answered prayer, so why is a prayer for a raise etc. not have the same effect as a prayer of a starving person.

Who says it doesn't? I pray all through the day-if a raise is God's will-so that it allows for something in his plan, then it can have the same effect.

Q2

Again, I believe it comes down to. Like others have said, we have been given stewardship over this realm. This is where we are to learn to act Christ like. We are to do His good works, and not allow our brothers and sisters to go hungry. If someone is hungry-it is our fault.

Q3
Why does God demand the deaths of so many innocent people in the Bible?

Does he? I always pray and ask God for discernment. Something that came to me long ago was, "if it's not love, it's not God." Something got lost in translation-man is fallible, I'm convinced that is NOT God's way.

Alludes to disobedient teenagers, non-virgins, homosexuals, people working on the Sabbath day

A lot of people who go to these sites are just these people. Some are in rebellion of God, and they know this will cause them to feel outraged and line themselves with their own beliefs. They are getting paid for ads on their site...it's a no brainer why they bring these up.

Q4
Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

Well why does it contain so much that CAN be proved with archeology. Hello, there are many historical sites that say it happened, and in the correct time line even.

Claims of no worldwide flood, Jonah and the fish, man was not created from the dust.

hmmm, the worldwide flood-there seems to be a lot of scientific evidence this happened. In the Jewish tradition stories were told to teach. Jesus taught this way. I do think some stories are not literal.

Q5
Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible?

Same as my answer on question three.

Q6

Again... Instead of us being puppets, we were given the choice to come to Him. Bad things happen just because they do. Because humans are accident pron, cars weigh a 1000 lbs, we wage war with one another.....

Q7
Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles in the bible leave behind any evidence?

A resurrection that was so miraculous it is talked about after over 2000 years is sure a heck of a lot of evidence.

Q8

Oh but he did! As a child! I have no clue why it doesn't happen to everyone. There are many people with experiences.

Q9

What a silly argument. lol Do I physically consume The Christ. No, it's symbolic. It's some bread and wine. :)

Q10
Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians.

All fall short of the glory of God? It's that -------- again. Whatever your religion, marriage is hard, and people are weak. (excluding of course people who left because of violence.)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:31:20 AM by jabcat »