Author Topic: Who lives - who dies?  (Read 15711 times)

SQ

Re: Who lives - who dies?
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2009, 03:47:22 AM »
sparrow post 126 is so inspiring, also as I see and understand death and living also.
You intelligently and humbly word your posts so they are so easy to understand.
I appreciate this and believe others do also. :HeartThrob:

Gab

« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2009, 03:57:39 AM »
The 120 year mark is broken, ww... :girlheart:

It's been broken for 13 years, actually. :laughing7:

Not to be snarky or anything, though, but I don't see what people living progressively slightly longer lives on average as civilization progresses has to do with Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and such like.  Aren't people supposed to never die?  Are our incorruptible bodies being phased in slowly, or something?  It seems to me that either we will never die, or we will die, and if we will die, then we haven't really gotten anywhere at all in terms of what some believe we are promised in the Bible.

SQ

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2009, 03:58:40 AM »

if we  have  the  natural body and   spiritual body     from the  inccoruptible seed /Word  

both at the same time here  it is possible for   death and life  at  once
  Do you think this is possible ?

It is all so thought provoking  :icon_flower:

thanks  to you all,   and   especially  the GOOD LORD in His mercy on us
   :HeartThrob:
[/quote]

Death and life at the same time,I think so.
I really believe I felt when I died and started living, Yet this maybe just me. :cloud9:
 I am dead but alive. :bigGrin: New life is so refreshing.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2009, 04:11:28 AM »

Hi  SQ, agree!!   alive and quickened  :HeartThrob:
   awesome are Gods promises to us through Jesus Christ ! :icon_flower:

I always had this belief in thinking for years now   that our  natural bodies    are the cursed in Adam by the Lord and He Keeps His Word
  dust you are and dust you shall return ..

and the serpent  did not know God raises  the dead in a   new  and glorified body
  that is why his  curse  would be to eat the dustall its life  / Adams scattered flesh and  Adams flesh was cursed for his sake ,for his  benefit
 for the serpent   also  the bruised head   / wounded and kept in a low position for always .

guys I am so simple here ..    I cannot seem to go beyond this  
 even after everything I have read !  :mshock:

SQ

« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2009, 04:31:57 AM »

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live foreveró" therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. -- Genesis 3:22-23

If I have the belief we were never intended to live in flesh bodies forever.
 If Adam and Eve had not been set outside of the garden they would have eaten from the tree of life and lived in a sinful condition forever they and all their offspring. :dontknow:
Not sure but kicking the thought around.
 Please correct me if I am wrong.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2009, 04:39:59 AM »

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live foreveró" therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. -- Genesis 3:22-23

If I have the belief we were never intended to live in flesh bodies forever.
 If Adam and Eve had not been set outside of the garden they would have eaten from the tree of life and lived in a sinful condition forever they and all their offspring. :dontknow:
Not sure but kicking the thought around.
 Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thats  how i too see it  too SQ !
  In the first Chapter of  of Gen. we see that the Lord did make  Adam  male/female   and called them Adam  [two in one flesh] in His Image
  spirtitual

it was not till chapter two he/Adam  was formed  again  out of the  ground
 and become a soul .....

how much is there  to us  " beings" :msealed: anyways  lol .. ?

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2009, 04:48:13 AM »

I have been reading some of Ebys  writings

and he does make some great points !
  but the    "second coming "  a babylonian expression

I can see Jesus  saying this and this is why the "church thinks "  second coming

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also

Jhn 14:4   
And where ever  I go you  know, and the way you know

I think I have stagnated  for some time now :sigh:
 I will keep reading ......... :thumbsup:

SQ

« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2009, 04:51:53 AM »

So... God has a feminine side?  :boyheart: :girlheart:

SQ

« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2009, 04:59:14 AM »

I can see Jesus  saying this and this is why the "church thinks "  second coming

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also

I have started reading Eby's writings also from Beloved Servant links left laying around here at Tent.
The writings are a bit deep but do understand some of it and agree.
I can't agree or disagree with the rest yet. Lol

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2009, 05:00:32 AM »

So... God has a feminine side?  :boyheart: :girlheart:

Seems so sis , seems so .. :gangel:

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.  

SQ

« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2009, 05:06:26 AM »
I mentioned this before on another board and was called a heretic.
I really like that God is not only male but female too. :thumbsup: :bgdance:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2009, 05:06:46 AM »
rosie, i'm with you on what you're saying.  i think some of these things don't have (an apparent) easy or clear-cut answer. that's sort of what i've been saying, i.e., i sort of see a mix of things sometimes.  some literal, all spiritual...some things mainstream teaches as in error, some things not.  One not necessarily ruling out the other, i.e., continually coming, ever present, literally in His presence - is, was, will be.

God used P. Eby to help me see UR 2.5 years ago.  I've benefited from his writing.  He may be MUCH better than most, but IMO, no one man knows it all, and there's still room for "searching the scriptures to see if these things be so" (including asking God to reveal truth to us - which I believe, ALWAYS lines up with His written Word).  Keep digging   :bigGrin:  :thumbsup:.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:21:43 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2009, 05:11:53 AM »
 :cloud9: That's the way I see it too, SQ.......had they eaten of the tree of life there would have been no more sacrifice for sin and they would have stayed that way. Echoed in the NT, eh?

And Rose, the part about the layers came from a vision I had while several of us were ministering one night. One spoke and I saw it as a row of jewels being laid in a wall that was being built. Another spoke, and another layer of different jewels were laid. They are like stepping stones, ie. the watchman walks upon the walls.

This is why the WHOLE BODY is to be built up to share what He has made life in them, not just a select titled few, this is what edifies or builds up the body, ie. the walls of the city.

I loved Eby's comments above. In this third appearing or moed (divine appointment) it is witnessed by the sacrifice on the day of atonement. The ram was skinned first, and it was to be cut in the joints, not a bone broken (not a bone of His was broken). The head was taken away first, and set aside.

When they finished cutting up the rest of the body, the head was put on the altar first (the first shall be last and the last shall be first), followed by it's body parts.

The Father commanded that no parts should be joined flesh to flesh, not touching at all. This was so the fire would come up between the pieces. This represents the baptism of fire, and this baptism in the HG becomes the LOVE that every joint supplies.

So what is happening when someone comes to the Lord, is a "piece" of Adam is "cut off", ie. men no longer joined by the flesh. Then when they receive the baptism in the Holy Ghost they are joined by His Spirit, and the fire begins to consume the offering. This is how we make of ourselves a LIVING SACRIFICE. Blessings....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:44:43 AM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2009, 05:12:08 AM »

I have started reading Eby's writings also from Beloved Servant links left laying around here at Tent.
The writings are a bit deep but do understand some of it and agree.
I can't agree or disagree with the rest yet. Lol

I hear that sis ,
  I do enjoy the  "light bulb"  moments  though  :wink3:.. hee hee  

Jesus is everywere  all the time  ,  I have thought this  much for awhile now  :icon_king:  

We dare not lose eight of the fact that our Lord has already had many comings, many appearings. We have limited the comings of Jesus strictly to two because of our unscriptural terms "first coming" and "second coming," but the truth is that He came; He continued to come; He comes; He continues to come; He will come; and He will continue to come! There are numerous "comings" and "appearings" of the Lord in the New Testament. BUT THEY DO NOT ALL REFER TO THE SAME EVENT. The word "coming" is very often used in the scriptures of a visitation or manifestation of the Lord to judge or bless or accomplish some aspect of His plan and purpose among His people and in the earth. One would think, listening to the preachers rant and rave about "THE second coming of Christ," that every time the Lord says, "I will come," He is speaking of one, specific, particular, singular event sometime out in the dim and misty future. I do not hesitate to tell you that this is a great error.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2009, 05:16:33 AM »
I mentioned this before on another board and was called a heretic.
I really like that God is not only male but female too. :thumbsup: :bgdance:

:cloud9: Yes He does, SQ........El Shaddai, many breasted one. And wisdom, "she" is His consort, "she" was there before the beginning of the foundation. A wise woman/soul builds her house with wisdom. Do a study on it and it will blow you away. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2009, 05:26:33 AM »
rosie, i'm with you on what you're saying.  i think some of these things don't have (an apparent) easy or clear-cut answer. that's sort of what i've been saying, i.e., i sort of see a mix of things sometimes.  some literal, all spiritual...some things mainstream teaches as in error, some things not.  i think it's like ww said earlier, who says (for sure, absolutely beyond question) that just because Jesus comes and comes and/or is ever present, that He absolutely can't ever literally return and us be in His direct presence with His resurrected, glorified body someday?  that's the way i see it, to name one of the issues.

God used P. Eby to help me see UR 2.5 years ago.  I've benefited from his writing.  He may be MUCH better than most, but IMO, no one man knows it all, and there's still room for "searching the scriptures to see if these things be so" (including asking God to reveal truth to us - which I believe, ALWAYS lines up with His written Word).  Keep digging   :bigGrin:  :thumbsup:.

Thanks  James  :icon_flower:
  I  did   read your and  WW's  conversation ,  He  did bring up some   very valid points  
 I also agree with you on the fact  that some  of the Word  does  come natural as well as spiritual,   all  things fulfilled  in Christ
 that is what kinda causes the confusion in a way  
 I KNOW its not God  doing this  
  but our own inability to "grasp "  some things  
 I  know its  in me ..lol

I have always   kinda shy ed   away   from  alot of  commentaries and mens teachings
  maybe because   the Lord had to prepare me for it  now ,    
  I  just studied with the bible  strongs and    lexicon   bible dictonary and a few very close and  dear friends .    Red/ Carleen  is one   :HeartThrob:
 sort of what Card wrote about her experience
  I thought wow!!      sounds familiar    :thumbsup:

But I   was  maybe not able to recieve it or discern  any ones  writings

I am  grateful to the Lord for His  patience and  wonderful Spirit working  for us all . :HeartThrob:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2009, 05:30:06 AM »
Sounds good rosie!   :flowerred:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2009, 05:34:11 AM »
:cloud9: That's the way I see it too, SQ.......had they eaten of the tree of life there would have been no more sacrifice for sin and they would have stayed that way. Echoed in the NT, eh?

And Rose, the part about the layers came from a vision I had while several of us were ministering one night. One spoke and I saw it as a row of jewels being laid in a wall that was being built. Another spoke, and another layer of different jewels were laid. They are like stepping stones, ie. the watch walks upon the walls.

This is why the WHOLE BODY is to be built up to share what He has made life in them, not just a select titled few, this is what edifies or builds up the body, ie. the walls of the city.

I loved Eby's comments above. In this third appearing or moed (divine appointment) it is witnessed by the sacrifice on the day of atonement. The ram was skinned first, and it was to be cut in the joints, not a bone broken (not a bone of His was broken). The head was taken away first, and set aside.

When they finished cutting up the rest of the body, the head was put on the altar first (the first shall be last and the last shall be first), followed by it's body parts.

The Father commanded that no parts should be joined flesh to flesh, not touching at all. This was so the fire would come up between the pieces. This represents the baptism of fire, and this baptism in the HG becomes the LOVE that every joint supplies.

So what is happening when someone comes to the Lord, is a "piece" of Adam is "cut off", ie. men no longer joined by the flesh. Then when they receive the baptism in the Holy Ghost they are joined by His Spirit, and the fire begins to consume the offering. This is how we make of ourselves a LIVING SACRIFICE. Blessings....

wow!! :bigGrin:   Awesome  explanation Cardinal !
  I did  not realize this , alot of things the Lord does ,  is in such a divine order ...    and Perfect  ! of course  :HeartThrob:

thanks  for sharing that with me ..  :HeartThrob:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2009, 05:35:26 AM »
Another important truth in relation to these Feasts is that they are all HIS FEASTS! There are so many Christians today who are possessed of the childish notion that God is the manager of a great heavenly super market, or that He is a glorified celestial Santa Claus. All we have to do is just quote our favorite "faith scripture," snap our finger, turn our faith loose, and God comes running with a load of goodies with which to satisfy our every whim and fancy. NOT SO! He is LORD. He is SOVEREIGN. He is KING. And these are not our Feasts, they are HIS FEASTS. This is a grand and sublime truth we must understand from the beginning if we would progress into the depths of God. These are HIS FEASTS, the Feasts of THE LORD! He's the Host, and we are the guests. Sometimes people like to appear religious, and they hang on the wall a little plaque that says, "Christ is the unseen guest at every meal." I trust, my brother, my sister, that Christ is NOT the guest in your home! He should be the HOST! He must be LORD!

GOD appointed who would meet with Him in the Feasts. All the males of Israel were to keep the Feasts and appear before Him in the place where He put His name; so the Feasts are especially for sons. Not only did God designate WHO would meet with Him, but He specified WHEN they would meet and WHERE they would meet. God ordained the whole thing and established the order thereof. He commanded that they meet with Him in the place where the name of the Lord was recorded. In Old Testament economy that was first in the tabernacle in the wilderness and later in the temple at Jerusalem. In New Testament fulfillment it is first of all in Jesus Christ and then in His many-membered body. The name of the Lord, which means the nature of the Lord, was recorded in the life of Jesus Christ and now is being sealed in the foreheads of His firstfruits company who are putting on the precious mind of the Christ. Furthermore, God gave commandment concerning what the males of Israel were to bring to His Feasts. He left no detail lacking. HE was the Lord of WHO, WHEN WHERE, WHAT and HOW in relation to His Feasts. You will come HIS way, precious friend of mine, and see Him and know Him and experience Him in HIS APPOINTED FEASTS, or you will never see Him at all!

--J.Preston Eby

The three feasts--Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles--is that the saving of soul, spirit, and body, in that order?  Also, signifies entering into the three parts of the Temple?  Only his[glorified] body can enter the Most Holy place [in heaven] and live?  

But--

Ephesians 5:30
.. we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2009, 05:40:35 AM »
The three feasts--Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles--is that the saving of soul, spirit, and body, in that order?  Also, signifies entering into the three parts of the Temple?  Only his[glorified] body can enter the Most Holy place [in heaven] and live? 

But--

Ephesians 5:30
.. we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Good thoughts Molly :icon_flower: , and great question , seems 3 's are important part of completion   in Gods order of things ..

1 HIS BODY 2 His flesh  3 his bones

there is 3 again .. :HeartThrob:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2009, 05:49:30 AM »
The three feasts--Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles--is that the saving of soul, spirit, and body, in that order?  Also, signifies entering into the three parts of the Temple?  Only his[glorified] body can enter the Most Holy place [in heaven] and live?

:cloud9: Amen Molly, that is what has been shown to me. I had a dream last year, where I saw Him quickly going from compartment to compartment of the Tabernacle. I thought from what I saw that He was changing garments as He went from one office to another. Then revelation came that HE WAS PUTTING ON GARMENTS now. Blessings....

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2009, 05:58:31 AM »
The children of Israel were delivered from Egypt in the first month and the Feast of Passover was celebrated in the first month. The Law was given at Mount Sinai in the third month and the Feast of Pentecost was kept in the third month. The people gathered in the abundance of their crops for the first time in the land of promise in the seventh month and the Feast of Tabernacles was observed in the seventh month. When God meets man in the first dimension, He meets us in the Feast of Passover. Jesus appears to us, He comes to us as SAVIOUR in that realm. "When I see the blood, I will pass-over you!" (Ex. 12:13). I am confident that every reader of these lines has passed through that Feast, has met and seen and experienced the Lord in that realm. "For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us" (I Cor. 5:7). Jesus is the Lamb of God. The old Paschal Feast is gone forever. We no longer need a Paschal Feast of the old type, we no longer need to appear before the Lord in Jerusalem in the Old Feast, for HE HAS APPEARED unto us as the Lamb of God and has cleansed us with His precious blood. Has God met with you for the first time? Has Christ come to you in the first dimension? Has He appeared to you as the Lamb of God? Have you eaten the Lamb? If so, the Lamb is WITHIN you!

The Feast of Pentecost was a separate Feast and the Pentecostal experience is a separate experience. Has God met with you a second time? Has Christ come to you in a second dimension of His presence and life and glory? Has He come from heaven as a rushing mighty wind and filled your house with power and glory? Has He appeared to you as the Baptizer with the Holy Ghost and Fire? Have you appeared before Him in the joy and glory of the spiritual Feast of Pentecost? Then you are blessed indeed! But the idea entertained by many Christians is that now since we have had Passover and Pentecost, there is nothing left to do but die and go to heaven, or catch the rapture, whichever comes first. That's what most folk tell me. There's nothing more. The only things that remain to be experienced in God beyond salvation and speaking in tongues and blessings are golden streets and harps and palm branches for eternity. But I have news for you, my friend. God does not stop at Pentecost and the second Feast is but the "earnest" and the "firstfruits" of the final Feast! In Israel the Feast of Pentecost was "the feast of harvest, the FIRSTFRUITS of thy labours" (Deut. 16:9-12). Under New Testament economy this is the FIRSTFRUITS OF THE SPIRIT. "And not only they, but ourselves also which have the FIRSTFRUITS of the Spirit..." (Rom. 8:23). We have had the Feasts of Passover and Pentecost and both of these Feasts have been fulfilled IN THIS AGE IN THE CHURCH which is His body, and right here on the earth. For some strange reason men seek to postpone the last Feast to some future age, or give it to the Jews, or relegate it to some beautiful "Isle of Somewhere," and consequently the real spiritual meaning and import of the Feast of Tabernacles is completely obscured and lost. The grand truth is that like the others, the Feast of Tabernacles will be fulfilled in the body of Christ. It will be fulfilled dispensationally, it will be fulfilled in us individually, and it will be fulfilled in us as the Corporate Man.

--J. Preston Eby

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2009, 06:21:41 AM »
 :cloud9: Amen, Molly........and for those that are seeing this now and the post about God revealing things in a 3 fold dimension, it would be helpful to read the whole sticky posted in this section of the board, called, "Experiencing the Tabernacle". Blessings to all.... :girlheart:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2009, 06:22:08 AM »
The Feast of Tabernacles
Overview
The Feast of Tabernacles is a week-long autumn harvest festival. Tabernacles is also known as the Feast of the Ingathering, Feast of the Booths, Sukkoth, Succoth, or Sukkot (variations in spellings occur because these words are transliterations of the Hebrew word pronounced "Sue-coat"). The two days following the festival are separate holidays, Shemini Atzeret and Simkhat Torah, but are commonly thought of as part of the Feast of Tabernacles.

The Feast of Tabernacles was the final and most important holiday of the year. The importance of this festival is indicated by the statement, "This is to be a lasting ordinance." The divine pronouncement, "I am the Lord your God," concludes this section on the holidays of the seventh month. The Feast of Tabernacles begins five days after Yom Kippur on the fifteenth of Tishri (September or October). It is a drastic change from one of the most solemn holidays in our year to one of the most joyous. The word Sukkoth means "booths," and refers to the temporary dwellings that Jews are commanded to live in during this holiday, just as the Jews did in the wilderness. The Feast of Tabernacles lasts for seven days and ends on the twenty-first day (3x7) of the Hebrew month of Tishri, which is Israel's seventh month.

This holiday has a dual significance: historical and agricultural (just as Passover and Pentecost). Historically, it was to be kept in remembrance of the dwelling in tents in the wilderness for the forty-year period during which the children of Israel were wandering in the desert.

It is expounded in Leviticus 23:43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

What were they to remember?
Matthew Henry's commentary explains,

1.) The meanness of their beginning, and the low and desolate state out of which God advanced that people. Note: Those that are comfortably fixed ought often to call to mind their former unsettled state, when they were but little in their own eyes. 2.) The mercy of God to them, that, when they dwelt in tabernacles, God not only set up a tabernacle for Himself among them, but, with the utmost care and tenderness imaginable, hung a canopy over them, even the cloud that sheltered them from the heat of the sun. God's former mercies to us and our fathers ought to be kept in everlasting remembrance. The eighth day was the great day of this holiday, because then they returned to their own houses again, and remembered how, after they had long dwelt in tents in the wilderness, at length they came to a happy settlement in the land of promise, where they dwelt in goodly houses. And they would the more sensibly value and be thankful for the comforts and conveniences of their houses when they had been seven days dwelling in booths. It is good for those that have ease and plenty sometimes to learn what it is to endure hardness.

They were to keep this holiday in thankfulness to God for all the increase of the year; however, the emphasis is that Israel's life rested upon redemption which in its ultimate meaning is the forgiveness of sin. This fact separates this holiday from the harvest festivals of the neighboring nations whose roots lay in the mythological activity of the gods.

Was the first Thanksgiving a Feast of Tabernacles Celebration?

Many Americans, upon seeing a decorated sukkah for the first time, remark on how much the sukkah (and the holiday generally) reminds them of Thanksgiving. The American pilgrims, who originated the Thanksgiving holiday, were deeply religious people. As they were trying to find a way to express their thanks for their survival and for the harvest, it is quite possible that they looked to the Bible (Leviticus 23:39) for an appropriate way of celebrating and based their holiday in part on the Feast of Tabernacles.

Note: celebrating Thanksgiving on the third Thursday of November was established by the American government and may not necessarily coincide with the pilgrim's first observance.

http://biblicalholidays.com/tabernacles.htm

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2009, 06:30:12 AM »
Could this--

The eighth day was the great day of this holiday, because then they returned to their own houses again, and remembered how, after they had long dwelt in tents in the wilderness, at length they came to a happy settlement in the land of promise, where they dwelt in goodly houses.

Be related to this?

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Is he preparing a body for us?  Is that the promised land?