Author Topic: Who lives - who dies?  (Read 15999 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Who lives - who dies?
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »
There is no overpopulation.  There is no limited resources.
Then we simply disagree.
God's economy is abundance and life.
And you think that article is about God's economy? It's about the exact planet/situation as we in now. Only people live longer.
We disagree?  I didn't know that.

You believe algore?  Have you seen his house at night?  It looks like 15 showboats lined up on the Mississippi river, ready for business. I don't see him practicing what he is preaching to the rest of us.  He eats meat--but doesn't want us to because cows release gases lol.   His global warming scam is just another way to transfer wealth by taxing the air we breathe.  MIT has now proven that stupid theory a fraud.  Too few resources?  Maybe if five families want to own all the diamonds in the world.  Otherwise, we have resources coming out of our ears.  And, plenty of room on this earth for more babies.

Why can't you see it?  We are so close to total abundance in the physical which, as Cardinal says, does what the head is doing.

Do you really believe that 90 percent of your DNA is junk?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
No I don't believe al Gore (perfect last name for than man!)
That's why I didn't quote the part of global warming.

Resources is more than just steel and oil (to name just 2)
But also space and food. I see problems with that in many part of the world.
Living a 1000 years likely also mean women can give birth until the age of 400-500

You wrote yourself we live in satans economy of scarcity ande death. Doesn't he still run the show?

I would also like a reply about the verse I quoted. It's not just my thought but also from God.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
Why can't you see it?  We are so close to total abundance in the physical which, as Cardinal says, does what the head is doing.
I can't look in the future but if have to answer I just see war in abundance. Like WW3.

No
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2009, 10:13:19 PM »
I can't look in the future but if have to answer I just see war in abundance. Like WW3.

No

Satan wants WW3.  Satan likes to cover up his evil deeds by blowing the place up when he's finished robbing everyone blind.

Don't you think it's really time for us to say NO to that head?  There's more of us than there is of him.

This has been going on for long enough.  It's a spiritual war, a fight for the hearts and minds of men, and all I see around me is people rooting for the wrong side.

Proverbs 8:36
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »
Don't you think it's really time for us to say NO to that head?.
Yes. Should have been said 1000's of wars ago. In that we do not disagree. I know for many here the HS is the newspaper. But I just have a newspaper op paper and ink. And it could just be me but it's full of headlines....

There's more of us than there is of him.
But you know very well it's no longer us against him.
About everyone is (forced to be) an enemy. So we are to devided to stand up against 'the head'

This has been going on for long enough.  It's a spiritual war, a fight for the hearts and minds of men, and all I see around me is people rooting for the wrong side
True. But if you see people still rooting to the bad side, and perhaps even more as before, do you really feel peace is within grasp?
I think you are very wrong. But I really hope you a very very right.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2009, 10:26:40 PM »
Resources is more than just steel and oil (to name just 2)
But also space and food. I see problems with that in many part of the world.
Living a 1000 years likely also mean women can give birth until the age of 400-500

We can create food in abundance if we don't allow Satan to patent the seeds and force us to grow corn for fuel instead of drilling our own oil or releasing the electro-magnetic propulsion technology they have hidden for 100 years. If we don't pay all our farmers not to farm or force them into bankruptcy or outright kill them--what nonsense these people create. 

It's a manufactured crisis. You know that.  I thought you were my conspiracy buddy. Don't let me down now. [or maybe that's noname lol]

Living a 1000 years likely also mean ...

You don't know what it will mean.  God is making a new creation, remember?  He is preparing a body for us, the body of Christ.

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

--Eph 5

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2009, 10:42:51 PM »
It's a manufactured crisis. You know that.  I thought you were my conspiracy buddy. Don't let me down now.
I don't. It's just that you think the grip of the elite will soon be no more. I hope so too, but fear not.

We can create food in abundance
I'm fully aware that not all countries are as small as mine but here we have a struggle between farming land and land for homes.
As you are very well aware beans don't grow in jars in the super market.....
Yes things are manipulated but that doesn't take away the fact that food needs place, time and good climate to grow. With people living 1000 years a lot of farm land is needed.
Plus if I had a choice I would like food that has grown in more natural way. Ever tasted the different between stawberries that come from the land or a greenhouse? (just one of the many examples)
It's just that I don't think all that high tech super fast growing food isn't a real step forward in taste and health.

You don't know what it will mean.  God is making a new creation, remember?
Yes. But we started our chat because an article written by a human. Not by Father, Son or HS.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2009, 12:14:23 AM »
It's just that you think the grip of the elite will soon be no more.

They trade in illusion and lies, and more and more people are NOT falling for it.

The young kids, especially--there is some kind of sea change afoot.

With people living 1000 years a lot of farm land is needed.

I've never been to your country, but there's a lot of good farmland in Europe.  And you can just throw the net off the right side of the boat for all the fish you need.  Did you know that quahogs live for 200 years?  I think that's a clue.  Why should they live longer than us?   I suspect we will be eating for pleasure rather than out of need because our bodies will be running on spiritual food--but I would never say something so radical lol.

Ocean quahogs are among the longest lived, slowest growing marine organisms in the world. Ocean quahogs off Southern New England, in the Mid-Atlantic Bight and on Georges Bank can live to at least 200 years.

Plus don't forget the loaves and the fishes.  We will all know how to do that someday, not to mention Elijah's self filling barrel of olive oil.  Now they are saying that olive oil might contain the cure for Alzheimers, but I digress.

But we started our chat because an article written by a human.

But maybe God is allowing the human to do it because it is time.  Like one of the scientists said, even 20 years ago, this would still be a pipe dream.  But, now they are taking it seriously

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2009, 12:37:18 AM »
Never heard of quahogs. Googled for a pic and they look similar to what I know.

There is good farmland here. Very good actually. I have no clue how many farmland it takes to feed 1 person.
But it's quite simple to understand if population grows the need for farmland increases but most often the farmland decreases because cities grow and grow.

1000 years or not. I'm already beyound the 40 years or younger range.
Luckily I might add because I don't feel link working to the age of 995 until retirement :laughing7:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2009, 12:52:21 AM »
Never heard of quahogs. Googled for a pic and they look similar to what I know.

There is good farmland here. Very good actually. I have no clue how many farmland it takes to feed 1 person.
But it's quite simple to understand if population grows the need for farmland increases but most often the farmland decreases because cities grow and grow.

1000 years or not. I'm already beyound the 40 years or younger range.
Luckily I might add because I don't feel link working to the age of 995 until retirement :laughing7:

They make a great chowder.  :girlheart:

Have you ever been to this country?  Every time I fly over it, my eyes pop out because of the expanse and beauty of open land--farming, woods, mountains.  Come here lol.

I hope you don't think you will be 'working' and paying taxes for 1000 years.  The whole paradigm of life would change in ways we cannot even imagine. 

I think that part of the problem is that for some unknown reason [to me] a lot of people relish the thought of death.  But, I'm thinking that is because they are tired and discouraged from living tied up in the basement of their houses, as Beloved Servant said, and can't even imagine living full time in the love, peace,  joy, and companionship of Christ.

22And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

--Rev 21

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2009, 03:36:41 AM »
Hi guys...

Sorry... but can you guys (anyone) just answer my questions as I've stated them?
(some of them are clear cut yes or no questions, etc.)

thanks guys,
sparrow
Gonna be a long wait judging a recent thread where jabcat asked the same. :sigh:

I guess you were right.

Seems something is amiss if some basic questions can't be answered.
oh well.

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2009, 04:22:18 AM »
 :cloud9: Sparrow and all..........I really think a good foundation for what we're talking about is here.........if you are interested in knowing where we are coming from please read this......... :girlheart:

www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Looking/Looking1.htm
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2009, 05:10:26 AM »
Sparrow, let me give this a shot.  You personally probably know most or all of this, and more besides.  This is an attempt at a general summary.  This is what I THINK.  Then if anyone sees themselves as fitting into one camp or another, or believe there's some sorts of mixture(s) in between, then maybe they'll chime in for refutation or clarification - but bottom line, EDIFICATION.

Generally, attempting to lump things into the fewest # of categories;

I think most believe that we will all die a physical death, with the exception of believers that are alive when Jesus literally returns (changed in a twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, etc).  Some believe that's before a 1,000 year "millinial" reign, some after, some no specific 1,000 year period at all.  Those that are alive when Jesus literally returns will be given immortality without death.  The rest will have to resurrected at some point to be given immortality.  There are many bones of contention about when's, why's, and wherefor's about details - what different groups of people will be doing when, i.e., when's the judgment, are people in heaven and hell, some sort of paradise/holding place, then brought back for judgment, then onto a thousand year period, THEN eternity, etc.  They see the evil, things getting worse, and believe Jesus will come back to fix it.  I'll suggest this is generally group 1.

Then I believe there is a group that GENERALLY believes Jesus may or not literally return (some, such as the Eby article, that He's constantly "returning") but either way, that there will be a group/generation of people who will not die a physical death;  and this is not contingent on the literal presence of Jesus.  They believe there are people who will be "overcomers", that they have done things in this life (enabled by God?) that qualify them AND/OR that they are chosen to be Manifest Sons of God.  That there will be some specific period of time when God moves in such a way, through people on the earth, that things won't be "scrapped" and then restored, but just restored.  Some believe that has already begun to occur.  That things are turning around, and we're about to see things start getting better and better until......?  (I'm not sure what folks in this group believe they'll be doing exactly, where they'll be exactly, if they'll always just live on a renewed earth and that's New Jerusalem;  if they'll ever actually be in God or Jesus' direct presence.  I'm just not sure about that).

So, speaking in large generalities;

Group 1.  Things wax worse and worse until Jesus returns, judges, and fixes it.  He will use "saints", but that it will really be Jesus and God directly/literally involved - present, perhaps able to be seen with our glorified, immortal eyes and senses.  Some of this group believe in a rapture, most believe in a literal heaven off this earth.

Group 2.  Things will start to improve, and then especially be turned around and restored by God working THROUGH the Manifest Sons of God...Jesus won't be literally present, He'll be working through a select company of believers to restore things until ______?_______ happens.

Sparrow, I think the questions you, I, and others have asked are basically coming out of "group 2".  And I don't have all the answers to that.  But I think that's a sort of overview.  

I want to be open to God showing me new things, as long as it's really God doing it, and as long as it fits rightly divided scripture - not strictly private interpretation.  So though I'm personally open to new understandings, I do proceed with caution, and want to try to make sure things either clearly line up with scripture, or at the very least, don't directly contradict a good, comprehensive, accurately translated, properly divided, Spirit-revealed scripture search.

DISCLAIMER - This is too big a subject matter to try to narrow everyone's views down exactly (reference 30,000+ denominations).  This is an attempt at some sort of summary with details, which may hopefully lead to further productive discussion and edification.  I WOULD SUGGEST THIS IS NOTHING TO ARGUE OVER, OR ESPECIALLY TO DIVIDE OVER.  Let's just learn from each other, be open to God's leading, search the scriptures, pray for God's guidance - and seek unity of faith in the Lord Jesus, and to live peaceably with each other - IN HONOR, PREFERRING ONE ANOTHER as Paul said.

The Bereans "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:10-11).

***Either "camp" can believe Jesus is the Son of God, crucified and risen for our sins and life, the Savior of each, and the Savior of the world.  That's where our unity of the faith can anchor.  The cross of Jesus, and His empty tomb.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:22:07 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2009, 06:30:43 AM »
Ok, let me say this.

If a member says something a bit shocking such as dead people can be brought back to life (physical dead people) or that basically death doesn't have to happen in the first place, (physical) death is something that is supposed to be overcome. Then, if someone QUESTIONS the member to be absolutely sure that is what they are in fact, saying..
I think that is ok. More than ok, I think it is absolutely necessary.

If someone doesn't care to answer my questions, y'know what? I would be FINE with that.
Really. I would. Just come out and tell me. It's much better than wondering if I'm going to get answers or not. It really is much better.

Now with that said, Cardinal I read the article.
So now..

are you expecting to never physically die? I suppose your answer would be that you do NOT expect to physically die.

Are you expecting to live beyond 120 years old? 200 years old? 300 years old? I suppose your answer would be that yes of course, because you do not expect to physically die.

Why do you think you are not supposed to physically die? I suppose you are saying because the "second coming" is "WITH the saints" meaning God will manifest the new earth by those who are here now on earth, so essentially... those who believe this will not physically die and they will go on to spread peace and health etc. to the rest of the world. And they will eventually raise dead people up out of their graves.

Is this basically what you are saying?
It's kind of difficult trying to decipher your views from someone elses's views so I'm doing my best here with what you have given me.
"I knelt to drink,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2009, 06:35:44 AM »
Jab, I appreciate what you wrote. And hopefully it will be touched on as we further discuss this matter.

To ALL:
I am all for people's beliefs being clarified.
That's my whole, entire point.
How can we understand each other if we don't know for sure what we are each saying?

If I am on the phone with Bob and ask him to describe the tree that he is looking at outside of his window, I don't want Frank to come along and give me a book on "Tree Identification" and tell me that's what I need to know. That doesn't help me understand what Bob's tree looks like if Bob doesn't tell me himself what it looks like.  :winkgrin:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2009, 06:39:14 AM »
Sparrow, Bob just told me that Frank said that people should answer your questions directly and specifically.  :laughing7:.

:thumbsup:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2009, 06:41:18 AM »
ok, now that made me laugh out loud.  :laughing7:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »
 Good, you're laughing.  Card, are you wanting to  :punish: ?   :wink:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2009, 06:46:54 AM »
 :cloud9: Not at the moment.......I already told Frank I was not feeling well (fighting off congestion in lungs again), and so not feeling the Spirit move me at present. He forgot to tell Bob, to tell you, to tell Sparrow.  :winkgrin:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2009, 06:51:40 AM »
That's right, old Bob's kind'a forgetful.  You take care, sis, and we'll continue holding you up in prayer.  

"God, please right now, touch Cardinal with Your hand of comfort and supply all her needs by Your riches in glory - all according to Your perfect will".  In Jesus' name.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »
Quote from: Sparrow
So now..

...I suppose you are saying because the "second coming" is "WITH the saints" meaning God will manifest the new earth by those who are here now on earth, so essentially...

Hi Sparrow, if you read the 'article' by which I'm guessing you mean the first chapter of that book, why are you still referring to the 'second coming' in reference to it, since the major thing that chapter points out is that the notion of a  "second coming" is unscriptural?

I'm just wondering...did you understand what he was saying in that first chapter?  Did you agree or disagree with him?

BTW, I've only read the first chapter, also, and I thought it was beautiful!  Thanks Cardinal.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2009, 07:06:39 AM »
Quote from: Sparrow
So now..

...I suppose you are saying because the "second coming" is "WITH the saints" meaning God will manifest the new earth by those who are here now on earth, so essentially...

Hi Sparrow, if you read the 'article' by which I'm guessing you mean the first chapter of that book, why are you still referring to the 'second coming' in reference to it, since the major thing that chapter points out is that the notion of a  "second coming" is unscriptural?
I'm just wondering...did you understand what he was saying in that first chapter?  Did you agree or disagree with him?

BTW, I've only read the first chapter, also, and I thought it was beautiful!  Thanks Cardinal.

Which is exactly why I put the term in quotes.
"second coming".

And I don't know if I agree with him or not.
"I knelt to drink,

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2009, 07:12:55 AM »
I've benefited from J. Preston's writings.  I agree with much of what he says, in a way, including that Jesus "returns" often.  On the other hand, I also believe He is constantly SPIRITUALLY present, and I'll go ahead and say it.  I still expect to one day behold Him in all His glory...in His glorified body of which He was physically present with the apostles following His resurrection.  I could be wrong, no need to argue, but that's what I believe.  Still, I'm open to when, how, under what circumstances.  Don't have all the answers to that.  Learning as I go.   :2c:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 07:26:59 AM by jabcat »

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2009, 07:29:52 AM »
I'm on the fence. Until I feel Him nudging me which way to fly...

Jabcat, so far your views are pretty close to mine.

"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2009, 07:30:23 AM »

Quote from: Jab
I still expect to one day behold Him in all His glory

Yes but look what he says--he doesn't deny that--

Micah 5:2, "But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall He come forth unto Me who is to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth have been of old, from everlasting."

"And further, the definite article must be omitted: "So Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many, SHALL APPEAR A SECOND TIME, apart from sin, to them that wait for Him, unto salvation." That is how the Greek text reads. The statement is not prophetic, but doctrinal; and the doctrine in question is not the so-called "second coming," but the PRIESTHOOD! It is not the prediction of an event to be realized by those who shall be alive on earth at the time of the end, but the declaration of a truth and a fact to be realized by every elect member of the body of Christ, no matter in what dispensation his sojourn upon earth may fall.

Our Lord Jesus Christ appears a second time to those who LOOK FOR HIM, who diligently seek for Him and follow after Him; not any more as a sin offering appearing in heaven for us, but in the mighty manifestation of His power usward, UNTO SALVATION. And this salvation is the work of our great and wonderful High Priest. This same wonderful truth is set forth in Heb. 7:25 in these words, "Wherefore He is able also to SAVE THEM TO THE UTTERMOST that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever lives to make intercession for them." This phrase is given by Phillips as "He can save fully and completely." Young's Literal, "He is able to save to the very end." Amplified, "He is able to save to the uttermost - completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity." "

The Lord appeared to Adam, to Cain and Abel, to Enoch,  to Abraham, to Moses, to Samuel, to David, to Solomon, to Paul, and on and on.  Why should we expect anything less?

"The Lord HAS APPEARED OF OLD UNTO ME, saying, Yea I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn you" ( Jer. 31:3).