Author Topic: Who lives - who dies?  (Read 14582 times)

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
Re: Who lives - who dies?
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 05:27:18 AM »
  Hi Sparrow,
Here is a link to many of the questions that you struggle with your walk with the Lord.

www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Looking/Looking1.htm

Beloved, I do not struggle with my walk with the Lord at this time.

I simply asked several forum members specific questions.
How am I to understand what THEY mean, if they don't answer my simple questions.

They have not answered. (Which is their right, of course.)
But that doesn't stop me from still wishing the questions would be answered.
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 05:54:55 AM »

Well dear sister, is why I provided you with a link to a brother that is very adept at answering questions such as yours.
All the brethren are called to provide different aspects of His Being.
Know that, the few brethren on this blog are not yet the all encompassing wisdom you desire.
Please study the scripts and then add what the Spirit has made known to you instead of continuing to ask the same questions.
And then accusing them of ignoring you.
Who's your daddy?

Beloved, I am asking members here on this site, questions.
Why would I go to another site and look for THEIR answers?
Doesn't make sense.

I never said anyone here had "all encompassing wisdom".
Quite unsure of what you are trying to say.

I never accused anyone of anything.

Who's my daddy?
My dad lives in Maryland.
Why do you ask?
"I knelt to drink,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Zeek

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 06:06:46 AM »
delete

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 06:09:03 AM »

Because Sorrow, this is just a discussion board, a place of fellowship!
The deeper things may require that you delve beneath the surface.
Perhaps, the Spirit is calling you to search away from here — to Him.

Again you are calling me "Sorrow"?

I'm reporting you to the moderators.
How dare you treat a member in this way?
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 06:09:45 AM »
Yes I do, and I see that you deleted it Zeek.

Read this: www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Revelation/rev95.htm

part 95

but I suggest you start at part 1.

Zeek

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 06:15:23 AM »

part 95

been there, done that.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 06:16:55 AM »

Because Sorrow, this is just a discussion board, a place of fellowship!
The deeper things may require that you delve beneath the surface.
Perhaps, the Spirit is calling you to search away from here — to Him.

Again you are calling me "Sorrow"?

I'm reporting you to the moderators.
How dare you treat a member in this way?

Geez, I have never been good with the keyboard!

:thumbdown:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2009, 06:22:48 AM »

part 95

been there, done that.

Zeek, you have read the first 94 parts of the series???

Zeek

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2009, 06:43:05 AM »

part 95

been there, done that.

Zeek, you have read the first 94 parts of the series???

all of it

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2009, 06:49:54 AM »
Mod note.  It's not only fine, but encouraged that members ask questions, desiring to understand others' positions.  It is a discussion board, and that's part of discussing.  Baiting others by intentionally and repeatedly referring to them by a wrong and especially insulting username is against forum guidelines.  Inappropriate/unecessary posts have been removed.  Back to the topic, please.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:59:12 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2009, 07:29:52 AM »
Anne, please see my note right above yours.  It's been addressed. 

edit [response to a since-removed post by another mod]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:35:52 PM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2009, 03:08:49 PM »
  I hope Taff  or Martin or Card   will come and be more clear with this     

Yes.. Specifically the questions that I have asked.

Thank you for your thoughts, rosered!
Will add them to my ponderings.  :HeartThrob:
  I did try sis

many here love and care for you sis , I sure do . you are just precious .

there  does seem to be some kind of  spirit of division working on this fourm lately
   I pray the Lord will  bring  us all to that unity of faith and peace  that the Holy Spirit  works  within us all
   :HeartThrob:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2009, 04:18:13 PM »
Ok wait guys. Reading back through this thread again... I am compelled to say the following:

What do people believe? Raising people from the dead? We don't have to die a physical death??

Please, (Taffy, Cardinal, Martin, ) if you wouldn't mind, can you guys answer my questions I posted earlier so I can understand what you are saying? [
Hi sparrow...

No problem raising the Dead Sparrow, happens daily  , those dead figuratively to Christ , tis what in part Rosey was relating to....

These Bodies not need die to LIVE, but these bodies can be dead thou they Breathe...being DEAD is Not KNOWING HIM, the life within and POWER of HIS Resurrection

Christ laying down His life , dying as it was appointing for all men to die Under the first Adam - FOR us. UNto judgment TO LIFE  IN HIM.

Death being swallowed up BY LIFE.

as Card mentioned , Death is Not Dying , but dying to self, being buried into HIS death , raised INTO HIS life in us...

Col 2:12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to a new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 

Col 2:13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ. He forgave all our sins. 

Col 2:14 He canceled the record that contained the charges against us. He took it and destroyed it by nailing it to Christ's cross. 

thats how Im reading it...cant speak for M or Card thou ..maybe they can add theirs...
so No these bodies in the flesh no need die to live... :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:42:56 PM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »

Thanks Taffy  :thumbsup:

:icon_flower: it sure is Not knowing God , as one dead,

to me as well :HeartThrob:

Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he called the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 

Luk 20:38   For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »

Thanks Taffy  :thumbsup:

:icon_flower: it sure is Not knowing God , as one dead,

to me as well :HeartThrob:

Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he called the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 

Luk 20:38   For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
Amen Rosey

Its been quite hecticto say the least on the forum of late...some tension for sure...at times there are just not enough ACTIVE Mods availabe when needed,..just the other nite spent 6hrs Moderating JUST one Thread..as posts were flying in from all over as emotions seemed raised...

so sorry for not returning to this Thread Sparrow....but got there eventually :HeartThrob:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »
You guys.... are you expecting to never physically die?

Are you expecting to live beyond 120 years old? 200 years old? 300 years old?

Why do you think you are not supposed to physically die?

There are reasons why death is no longer an enemy... but it doesn't have to do with "not" physically dying. It has to do with faith.

Are you all saying that something is going to happen between now and the time your body would (normally) have succumbed to physical death that will make you not HAVE to physically die, such as "the second coming" or (fill in the blank with your answer).

Or are you saying that there are people physically alive today that are over 200 years old?

How do you explain the deaths that are happening right now??

I know someone who believes similar to what you are guys are talking about, and she went through a great deal of pain because she feels she did something WRONG. She didn't have enough faith and her loved one died anyway. I think that's really sad.

I think you guys are possibly taking "death is the last enemy" and maybe seeing it wrong?

Please explain, guys.

Hi Taffy, Thank you so much for your thoughts, though what you are talking about is "spiritual" life and death. Which I completely understand and have no problems with whatsoever.

But some of you have in the past and it appears are in this thread as well talking about actual PHYSICAL death, flesh and blood bodies. This is the very thing that I am talking about. Asking questions to clarify what someone is talking about is CRUCIAL. There is a pretty big difference between talking about raising the "spiritual" dead and raising the "physical, flesh and blood dead".

Can you addresss the questions in bold?
Thank you brother. I do appreciate your trying to clarify for me.  :HeartThrob:
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »
For now at least Sparrow..I ll leave those questions for those who maybe able to answer in greater clarity :icon_flower: to what you seek

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
For now at least Sparrow..I ll leave those questions for those who maybe able to answer in greater clarity :icon_flower: to what you seek

Taffy.. why?

Taffy, the only thing that I am seeking is to clarify what you, Cardinal and Martin are talking about. I like to know what people believe so that I can decipher their writings and understand where they are coming from.

The questions are very, very simple questions and would greatly clear up possible misconceptions.

As far as other people answering... do you see how this doesn't make sense, bro?
How can anyone else answer for you?

I want to know what YOU believe, brother.

"I knelt to drink,

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »

Taffy.. why?

Taffy, the only thing that I am seeking is to clarify what you, Cardinal and Martin are talking about. I like to know what people believe so that I can decipher their writings and understand where they are coming from.

The questions are very, very simple questions and would greatly clear up possible misconceptions.

As far as other people answering... do you see how this doesn't make sense, bro?
How can anyone else answer for you?

I want to know what YOU believe, brother.

well Sparrow its quite a relatively New concept to me...,therefore im still digesting certain thoughts....I very rarely speak on anything unless I sence the clarity to do so... :icon_flower:
im not allowing others to speak for me..but allowing themselves to speak only for them :icon_flower:

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2009, 05:32:15 PM »
Ok, fair enough, brother.  :HeartThrob:

I do hope Cardinal and Martin give their thoughts.
"I knelt to drink,

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2009, 08:08:46 PM »
O, ye of little faith...lol

March 27, 2009
Can the Human Lifespan Reach 1,000 Years -Some Experts Say "Yes"

Cambridge University geneticist Aubrey de Grey has famously stated, "The first person to live to be 1,000 years old is certainly alive today …whether they realize it or not, barring accidents and suicide, most people now 40 years or younger can expect to live for centuries."

Perhaps de Gray is way too optimistic, but plenty of others have joined the search for a virtual fountain of youth. In fact, a growing number of scientists, doctors, geneticists and nanotech experts—many with impeccable academic credentials—are insisting that there is no hard reason why ageing can't be dramatically slowed or prevented altogether. Not only is it theoretically possible, they argue, but a scientifically achievable goal that can and should be reached in time to benefit those alive today.

"I am working on immortality," says Michael Rose, a professor of evolutionary biology at the University of California, Irvine, who has achieved breakthrough results extending the lives of fruit flies. "Twenty years ago the idea of postponing aging, let alone reversing it, was weird and off-the-wall. Today there are good reasons for thinking it is fundamentally possible."

Even the US government finds the field sufficiently promising to fund some of the research. Federal funding for "the biology of ageing", excluding work on ageing-specific diseases like heart failure and cancer – has been running at about $2.4 billion a year, according to the National Institute of Ageing, part of the National Institutes of Health.

So far, the most intriguing results have been spawned by the genetics labs of bigger universities, where anti-ageing scientists have found ways to extend live spans of a range of organisms—including mammals. But genetic research is not the only field that may hold the key to eternity.

"There are many, many different components of ageing and we are chipping away at all of them," said Robert Freitas at the Institute for Molecular Manufacturing, a non-profit, nanotech group in Palo Alto, California. "It will take time and, if you put it in terms of the big developments of modern technology, say the telephone, we are still about 10 years off from Alexander Graham Bell shouting to his assistant through that first device. Still, in the near future, say the next two to four decades, the disease of ageing will be cured."

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/03/can-humans-live.html

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2009, 08:12:02 PM »
 :cloud9: I heard about this. Once again, the natural body witnesses what God is doing in the Spirit with those that believe. There truly is nothing new under the sun, because of Who is above IT. Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
1000 years. Sounds good to stop overpopulation and wars for resources :sigh:

I thought the number in the verse below in commonly accepted by secular science...
Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2009, 09:27:04 PM »
1000 years. Sounds good to stop overpopulation and wars for resources :sigh:

I thought the number in the verse below in commonly accepted by secular science...
Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

There is no overpopulation.  There is no limited resources.  There is no global warming.  That's all lies.  Satan's economy is one of scarcity and death.  God's economy is abundance and life.

...for that he is also flesh...

1For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities,--

"Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
  but a body have you prepared for me;
6in burnt offerings and sin offerings
   you have taken no pleasure.
7Then I said,

'Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
   as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.'"

--Heb 10

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
There is no overpopulation.  There is no limited resources.
Then we simply disagree.
God's economy is abundance and life.
And you think that article is about God's economy? It's about the exact planet/situation as we in now. Only people live longer.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...