Author Topic: Who is this ? "Son of Man "  (Read 969 times)

Offline rosered

• Silver
Who is this ? "Son of Man "
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »

Hi all many times I wondered and kind of  get it now  more than before about who is this "Son of MAN"'  there is alot about it in the bible
  wondering your thoughts  on the matter .
  here is a couple of good ones  :HeartThrob:

Jhn 13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

Hbr 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visit him? 

Offline Redlettervoice

Re: Who is this ? \
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:42:29 PM »

Hi all many times I wondered and kind of  get it now  more than before about who is this "Son of MAN"'  there is alot about it in the bible
  wondering your thoughts  on the matter .
  here is a couple of good ones  :HeartThrob:
 This SON of man is called Son of Man in His Suffering state
and
 in His Resurrection is declared by God
to be the Son of God
God, Glorified, is the "secret" hidden in the OLD Testament and now
revealed to the apostles and prophets.

He came to "manifest" the Truth, that LIFE goes ON, He was
caught up at His ascension to the PLACE of that LIFE! The place
where He had drawn strength all the time of His suffering."

The MYSTERY of Christ "in" YOU!  The HOPE of glory!  The hope
placed in mankind that was created subject to vanity, not willingly,
but by reason of HIM who "subjected" the same IN that HOPE!
Christ in YOU, the HOPE of glory.

Jhn 13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

Hbr 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visit him? 

[/quote]

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »

one thing I have noticed is that some prophets have been

addressed as 'son of man'. I beleive when the spirit of God

speaks through man..the eternal words of spirit and truth and

lifeare what makes him 'son of man'.For it is the spirit

of 'quickening' [man born of woman,man born of spirit]

that does this work in bringing forth and manifesting promised

seed or regenerated man or life from the dead

[Christ/annointing]] Messiah GOD WITH MAN..PROMISED SEED

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »
 another thing I have noted is...

son of perdition and son of man...speaking in regard to the

womans seed and the serpents seed..the enmity and

the bruising of the heel and the crushing of the head

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
Psalm 8:4
What is man, that thou art mindful of him?

"man"
H582
אנושׁ
'ĕnôsh
en-oshe'
From H605; properly a mortal (and thus differeing from the more dignified H120); hence a man in general (singly or collectively). It is often unexpressed in the English Version, especially when used in apposition with another word: - another, X [blood-] thirsty, certain, chap [-man], divers, fellow, X in the flower of their age, husband, (certain, mortal) man, people, person, servant, some (X of them), + stranger, those, + their trade. It is often unexpressed in the Engl. version, especially when used in apposition with another word. Compare H376.

and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

"son"

H1121
בּן
bên
bane
From H1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1, H251, etc.): -  + afflicted, age, [Ahoh-] [Ammon-] [Hachmon-] [Lev-]ite, [anoint-]ed one, appointed to, (+) arrow, [Assyr-] [Babylon-] [Egypt-] [Grec-]ian, one born, bough, branch, breed, + (young) bullock, + (young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first, + firstborn, foal, + very fruitful, + postage, X in, + kid, + lamb, (+) man, meet, + mighty, + nephew, old, (+) people, + rebel, + robber, X servant born, X soldier, son, + spark, + steward, + stranger, X surely, them of, + tumultuous one, + valiant[-est], whelp, worthy, young (one), youth.

"of man"

H120
אדם
'âdâm
aw-dawm'
From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

son of man=bên 'âdâm
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:11:13 PM by Molly »

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »

Thank you , and thanks again ladies for your  words  :HeartThrob:

I love this  seems to go with  what Molly has opened up here Hbr 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visit him? 

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? 

I do see a big difference  in man and the son of man
  like you said in the old it was the Christ /annointed    that same Spirit that declares the Truth
  and we See  Jesus Christ was the  manifestation of the  Holy Spirit and woman born under the Law / mary

greek 3137 Maria
Mary or Miriam = "their rebellion"

1) Mary the mother of Jesus

2) Mary Magdalene, a women from Magdala

3) Mary, the sister of Lazarus and Martha

4) Mary of Cleophas the mother of James the less

5) Mary the mother of John Mark, a sister of Barnabas

6) Mary, a Roman Christian who is greeted by Paul in Rom. 16:6
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 

Luk 1:31   And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS

Luk 1:32   He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 

Luk 1:33   And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 

Luk 1:34   Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 

Luk 1:35   And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God
 :HeartThrob:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 12:20:20 AM »
I'm wondering if the sons of Adam are those specific people mentioned first in Genesis 5, who will become the specific bloodline to Jesus.  Only one person is mentioned in each generation, even though there were siblings.  So we see that Cain and Abel are not mentioned, nor any of their siblings, only Seth.

These are the people who I believe are referred to as the sons of Adam.  Jesus is the last Adam.

1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

4And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

5And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

6And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos:

--Gen 5

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:58:02 AM »
Perhaps Jesus is the last Adam because He is the first man capable of being The Life-Giving Spirit.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 01:10:50 AM »
Perhaps Jesus is the last Adam because He is the first man capable of being The Life-Giving Spirit.
Yes, so he becomes father to a new generation, a new creation.

These are not sons of Adam, but sons of God.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 01:15:41 AM »
and how my heart leaps in my chest as i read your words Molly.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 01:28:53 AM »
John 17: 23                   

I in them and You in Me

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 05:18:41 AM »

Amen Beloved

The whole book of John shows us the Love of God  :icon_flower:

a favorite  of mine
Jesus Prays for All Believers
 20"My prayer is not for them alone.

I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

22  I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

23  I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you,

I know you, and they know that you have sent me.

26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 05:35:21 AM »
...WILL CONTINUE...

HE HAS COME
HE IS COME
HE WILL CONTINUE TO COME
Oh! the wonder of it!

noname

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »
it was prophesized in the OT that the "Son of Man" would be God's appointed saviour
Jesus referred to himself as the "Son of Man" on many occasions...especially when a prophesy was about to be fulfilled

Luke 24:7
'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' "

John 8:28
So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 05:30:42 PM »
it was prophesized in the OT that the "Son of Man" would be God's appointed saviour
Jesus referred to himself as the "Son of Man" on many occasions...especially when a prophesy was about to be fulfilled

Luke 24:7
'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' "

John 8:28
So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

Thanks Noname , :HeartThrob:
 good verses !!    rarely do I ever start  a thread

but I have always  loved this "son of man , Son of God connection with Jesus Christ 

I thought of this lifting up  Jesus Christ  with your verse there with this one

Jhn 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man. 

like in Jacobs vision  and foretelling  about the ladder  and how   Jesus  is the way , truth and the life  :icon_flower:

Gen 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
Jacob was one of those sons of Adam, leading to the Messiah.  Like the others, he was visited by God, and found the gate of heaven--which of course is the Lord Jesus.

17And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

18And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it.

--Gen 28

"gate" [of heaven]

H8179
שׁער
sha‛ar
shah'-ar
From H8176 in its original sense; an opening, that is, door or gate: - city, door, gate, port (X -er).

John 10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »
 wow! Rose

I really like that referral to Jacobs ladder..especially when I

contrasted it to Babylon's tower to reach heaven!

Blessed me,girl! Thanks