Author Topic: Who ARE the BRETHREN?  (Read 868 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Who ARE the BRETHREN?
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:15:36 AM »

and when should the pearls be cast?

Gab

Re: Who ARE the BRETHREN?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 05:34:40 AM »
Well, the first question would seem to be fairly straightforward:

"While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, 'Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.' He replied to him, 'Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?' Pointing to his disciples, he said, 'Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.'" (Matthew 12:46-50)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:38:22 AM »

Amen, amen and amen.
So, the scriptures are, and may this fall on fertile ground, for the brethren.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 01:52:41 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 

1Jo 4:12  No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 

1Jo 4:13   Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. 

1Jo 4:14   And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world. 

1Jo 4:15   Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God. 

1Jo 4:16   And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him

1Jo 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 

1Jo 4:18   There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 

1Jo 4:19   We love him, because he first loved us. 

1Jo 4:20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 

1Jo 4:21  And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. 

when God dwells in anyone, we love God in them and  them as well !! :HeartThrob:

good  post guys  :icon_flower:

Barry DuPont

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »
Everyone is my brother and my sister. Some know this and sense this and some do not yet realize this yet.
Barry

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 

Mat 12:49   And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!    Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.  :HeartThrob:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:49:42 PM »
 it's everyone in the world.

Look at the Good Samaritan parable. Some of our brothers[yes

they are brothers that have also been subjected by

God 'unwillingly'.Meaning of God's will not ours...therefore doing

the will of God]

For the creature was subjected,not of it's own will, but

of the will of Him which subjected it,to vanity....IN ORDER TO

SET THE WHOLE CREATION FREE INTO THE GLORIOUS LIBERTY

OF THE SONS OF GOD.

that stone is growing until it fills the whole earth......

Mountains that grow and send forth fire make new earth

Barry DuPont

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 03:30:17 AM »
The good Samaritan is an excellent point.
It doesn't matter what the one in need of help believed or did not believe. What maters is what the Samaritan believed.

In the parable the Good Samaritan is Jesus.
Luk 10:31   And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. {the law could not help}
Luk 10:32   And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked [on him], and passed by on the other side. {the law could not save}  
Luk 10:33   But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him],  
Luk 10:34   And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, {the healing of Christ} pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, {God's sufficiency} and brought him to an inn, {the house of the Father} and took care of him.  
Luk 10:35   And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee {the second appearance}.  
Luk 10:36   Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

Of course Jesus said, go and do likewise.
Barry
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:54:32 AM by Barry DuPont »

Barry DuPont

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 03:50:46 AM »

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?  

Mat 12:49   And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!    Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.  :HeartThrob:
That is correct sis IMHO.
But imo that is speaking on a conscious level. Like these scriptures:

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
These are the ones conscious of his love. The brethren in consciousness. The loved ones in consciousness of his love for them. And so the one able to transform because of that consciousness.  

1Jo 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren {the fellow conscious members}. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.  
If one does not love those in the consciousness of love how can one love those that are not in that consciousness? [Rhetorical question, not directed to anyone here of course]

Luk 6:32   For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.  
Luk 6:33   And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.  
Luk 6:34   And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.  
Luk 6:35   But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.  
That is children by token of characteristic. Being like God in this characteristic. Being his sons by this characteristic.

Now add fulfillment to that, at least from my perspective and we really do have a situation where all are brethren. But still all are not conscious of these matters.
JMO of course
Barry
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:53:52 AM by Barry DuPont »

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 02:12:06 AM »
The good Samaritan is an excellent point.
It doesn't matter what the one in need of help believed or did not believe. What maters is what the Samaritan believed.

In the parable the Good Samaritan is Jesus.
Luk 10:31   And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. {the law could not help}
Luk 10:32   And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked [on him], and passed by on the other side. {the law could not save}  
Luk 10:33   But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him],  
Luk 10:34   And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, {the healing of Christ} pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, {God's sufficiency} and brought him to an inn, {the house of the Father} and took care of him.  
Luk 10:35   And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee {the second appearance}.  
Luk 10:36   Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

Of course Jesus said, go and do likewise.
Barry

Amen, Barry, amen.  And let's not forget: "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13: 2 (And may I say, that some of these strangers might be Mulims, Hindus, or people of other various faiths).  I'm very disheartened by the things some Christians are sending around in email full of hatred for all Islamic people.

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 02:13:28 AM »
it's everyone in the world.

Look at the Good Samaritan parable. Some of our brothers[yes

they are brothers that have also been subjected by

God 'unwillingly'.Meaning of God's will not ours...therefore doing

the will of God]

For the creature was subjected,not of it's own will, but

of the will of Him which subjected it,to vanity....IN ORDER TO

SET THE WHOLE CREATION FREE INTO THE GLORIOUS LIBERTY

OF THE SONS OF GOD.

that stone is growing until it fills the whole earth......

Mountains that grow and send forth fire make new earth

Amen, Sheila.  If only more Christians believed this, the world would be a better place.

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.