Author Topic: What A Mess?  (Read 6597 times)

goodreport

Re: What A Mess?
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »
Thanks Rosie:

What a Mess(age) of grace - love - mercy, and above all, What a God-glorifying message.

I pray that we all continue to "...grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to Him be all glory, both now and forever. Amen  (2 Pet 3:18)

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »

So does God use dreams today...yup
blessings

And I agree with you that he does....but not for the purpose of adding to the already completed writ of scripture, and that is the only point I've been making but which every commentator thus far keeps missing. There is in this age no "new truth" since the last scribe of holy writ completed his work by the end of the 1st century AD. No "new Biblical truth" from God through his Christ is today being revealed through anybody's dreams, numerous ones claim it and is part of  the reason we have all the denominations that have created this "mess".

I agree totally that it is not an "adding on" but I will say that God will use dreams to give us a better understanding of His word.
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »
Not to come down clearly one way or another on anything specific that's been shared as truth or not, but just to say, Paul is hitting on the heart of the OP.  So many denominations, so many people saying "I'm hearing this or that from the Lord so it's the absolute truth".  I do believe God speaks to us and leads us, but I also believe the human mind is susceptible to imagination, misinterpretation, and confusion.  Ever look online at all the folks calling themselves apostles, sons of God, disciples, pastors, bishops, etc.?  How many different opinions about the kingdom of God do you think they share?  Just one, in unity?  Not even close.  Hundreds might get it.

I'm personally very careful with a lot of personal claims and interpretations.  Though I believe some are inspirational and very much worth going to the scriptures and before the Lord with (I know some don't agree) but I want to see at least a pretty clear hint in scripture that there's scriptural soundness and scriptural possibility to a claim of revelation.  Anybody can say anything in the name of God - and many do.  Which brings us back to, IMO, "searching the scriptures daily to see if those things are true", looking to the Lord for guidance and understanding, and always keeping our eyes on Him as our steady Rock and Deliverer.    :2c:

Totally agree, what I consider to be truth is anything that makes me a more loving, forgiving and compassionate person, if anything steers me to not become these things, I see it as a false teaching.
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »
Thanks Rosie:

What a Mess(age) of grace - love - mercy, and above all, What a God-glorifying message.

I pray that we all continue to "...grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to Him be all glory, both now and forever. Amen  (2 Pet 3:18)

great prayer sista !!   If God permit   :Pray: :iagree:

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 

Hbr 6:2   Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 

Hbr 6:3   And this will we do, if God permit. 

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:24 PM »
  raising children and educating and disciplining them is a 'messy" affair!  lol!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »
AND A HEARTY AMEN TO THAT SHEILA!!!  :iagree:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2012, 05:20:42 AM »
I extent words of pitty to your parents Lo!
:-)
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
Look how often things we examine in the scripture are introduced with sayings like John's, "And I saw," or Jeremiah's and Ezekiel's, "The word of the LORD came unto me saying."  Nothing in the Bible says these have ceased.  "The path of the just shines brighter and brighter into the perfect day."  As we approach our inheritance, to be "like Him and see Him as He is," we should expect them to increase.  They are an earnest, a promissory token that the inheritance as children of God is surely going to come.  These are normal experiences. 

Dreams and visions, other experiences we sometimes call miracles, these just come with being a child of God, unless you've accepted lies about your true nature and God's true nature.  He's not blind and deaf, neither should we be.  These come with, "The hearing of faith."  When we're born a human into the world we come with certain senses.  When we're born again into God we begin to have senses like Him.  For instance, "His eye is in every place, to behold the good and the evil."  His Spirit in us causes us to see things that He sees in another time or place.  He not only makes us see, He gives us visions and other prophetic experiences.  Born of God we have extended or spiritual senses.  This is also surely the repeated testimony of men of God, not only in the Bible, but throughout history.

Paul says (in 2 Corinthians 121 CLT) "If boasting must be, though it is not expedient, indeed, yet I shall also be coming to apparitions and revelations of the Lord." He then goes on to speak of being possessed by God so as to be in the third heaven, as well as God seizing him and taking him into Paradise.  These experiences he indicates could have happened to him in an unclothed spirit form outside of his body or that he might have been in his body, he didn't know.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:11:01 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
Look how often things we examine in the scripture are introduced with sayings like John's, "And I saw," or Jeremiah's and Ezekiel's, "The word of the LORD came unto me saying."  Nothing in the Bible says these have ceased. 

True, but it's sometimes hard to figure out what's trustworthy and what's not. NDEs are visions too. Do you believe the ones that teach eternal torture.

All (I think) OT visions point to Jesus. He came; so there is no need for visions anymore?
While I don't think that's true I can understand why visions aren't trusted much (anymore).
First of all the often contradict eachother. They often contradict a manmade doctrine. And ofcourse the pope who claims to be the sitting on the throne of Jesus until he returns. When Jesus was on earth there was no need for visions."One could go directly to the source. A when we have a pope we have  direct link with God. So that's how I think the trust in visions gradually faded.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
I extent words of pitty to your parents Lo!
:-)

Hahaha and I extend words of sympathy to yours. :P

reFORMer: Good post and amen!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
Look how often things we examine in the scripture are introduced with sayings like John's, "And I saw," or Jeremiah's and Ezekiel's, "The word of the LORD came unto me saying."  Nothing in the Bible says these have ceased.  "The path of the just shines brighter and brighter into the perfect day."  As we approach our inheritance, to be "like Him and see Him as He is," we should expect them to increase.  They are an earnest, a promissory token that the inheritance as children of God is surely going to come.  These are normal experiences.

Dreams and visions, other experiences we sometimes call miracles, these just come with being a child of God, unless you've accepted lies about your true nature and God's true nature.  He's not blind and deaf, neither should we be.  These come with, "The hearing of faith."  When we're born a human into the world we come with certain senses.  When we're born again into God we begin to have senses like Him.  For instance, "His eye is in every place, to behold the good and the evil."  His Spirit in us causes us to see things that He sees in another time or place.  He not only makes us see, He gives us visions and other prophetic experiences.  Born of God we have extended or spiritual senses.  This is also surely the repeated testimony of men of God, not only on the Bible, but throughout history.

Paul says (in 2 Corinthians 121 CLT) "If boasting must be, though it is not expedient, indeed, yet I shall also be coming to apparitions and revelations of the Lord." He then goes on to speak of being possessed by God so as to be in the third heaven, as well as God seizing him and taking him into Paradise.  These experiences he indicates could have happened to him in an unclothed spirit form outside of his body or that he might have been in his body, he didn't know.
Kind of like when Israel went straight to Succoth after they left Egypt.  Succoth is of course booths.  It was a vision into the holy of holies.  I believe this is what I experienced when I came to UR.  The vision I experienced was a fast forward for a moment in time.  But we are being transfigured from glory to glory, as the cloud moves through the wilderness.  Tabernacles is the full inheritance, which is the HOH. 

Offline gasman

• Reg
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
When you look at the various denominations, most of them in their genesis started off as 'reformers'. Many with a new revelation. A new truth. Luther..."the just shall live by faith". Methodists on the way we obey God. They felt righteous in their beliefs and that God had called them on. That they were more right than the status quo....and that is the danger. Our carnal man rises up and justifies and rationalizes our lofty station and we let arrogance and leaven into the loaf. They all pitched their tents. Built their walls and stood on their 'one' truth. But a journey is more than just one step. They stagnated.

Almighty God...I beseech you...always lead me onwards into the promised land and don't let my bones lie bleached at the borders of Kadesh Barnea because I would go no further.  :Pray:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 03:22:26 PM »
1 Cor 14;26  what then shall we say brothers?  when you come togather everyone has a hymn or a word of instruction a revelation a tongue or interpretation.

ALL OF THESE MUST BE DONE FOR THE STRENGTHENING OF THE CHURCH...

REALIZING THAT ANY 'GIFTING' HE GIVES TO AN INDIVIDUAL IS TO BE SHARED WITH ALL...AND IS NOT INTE3NDED TO ELEVATE THE

THE ONE THE SPIRIT COME THROUGH...BUT TO ELEVATE TH3E WHOLE BODY........CONSIDERING ANY FOOD NOT YOUR OWN BUT FOR ALL

AND FREELY SHARING AS THE LOVE FEAST IT IS MEANT TO BE....

jUDE 12  WE MUST NOT BE SHEPHERDS THAT FEED ONLY OURSELVES...OR SEDUCE WIDOWS HOUSES[WHICH CAN MEAN TO TRY AND TAKE A WIFE OR

OR THE INTENDED BRIDE OF cHRIST FOR OURSELF[START A CHURCH FOR OURSELF]  pEOPLE BELONG TO jESUS AND fATHER...

NOT ANY MAN..WE SHOULD NOT COVET ANY MAN'S WIFE!!!!!..INSTEAD WE CAN ENCOURAGE HER AND BUILD HER UP IN HER FAITH IN HIM

THE FALLING AWAY AND THE LAWLESS ONE REVEALED IS WHAT HAS RESULTED IN THE DIVIDING UP OF THE BODY OF cHRIST..THE

SCATTERING OF HER INTO ALL THE SECTS..DIVISIONS ETC..   THE LAWLESS ONES IS THE SPIRIT OF SELFISHNESS AND PRIDE AND COVETOUSNESS

AND SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT HAS DEVASTED THE LITTLE ONES THAT BELEIVE IN HIM.

YOU BELONG TO GOD AND JESUS...I BELEIVE THE LORD IS NOT CONCERNED SO MUCH ABOUT THE LITERAL FEAST BUT THE SPIRITUAL FEAST

AND SHARING OF SPIRITUAL FOOD FOR THE EDIFYING OF HIS BRIDE..HE CHERISHES AND FEEDS HERE...ALL OF HER

Offline chuckt

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
Gary A. has stated that this is an age of the mixture of truth and error.

babylon= babel = confusion by mixing.

to know this is to overcome.

God bless.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2012, 04:03:07 PM »
YES..AND ONLY FOLLOWING THE hOLY SPIRIT CAN LEAD YOU INTO ALL TRUTH.  fOR HE DOES NOT SPEAK OF HIS OWN

WE ARE SANCTIFIED AND MADE HOLY BY  TRUTH....THE OVERCOMERS HAVE NO 'LIE' IN THEIR MOUTH...

THE WEDDING SUPPER OF THE lAMB ARE THE TRUE WORDS OF GOD

TRUTH IN THE INWARD PARTS IS PURITY/VIRGINITY..FREE OF SPIRITUAL FORNICATION

THAT WE SHOULD KNOW THE FATHER/TRUTH IS ETERNAL LIFE.........THE FATHER OF THE LIE IS SATAN...the FATHER OF TRUTH IS GOD

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
What a mess the doctrine of hell(eternal torment).
There is only one HOLY SPIRIT!
How can a man say that he doing the will of the HS.
When out of the same mouth flows words of eternal torment.
I am not judging him my spirit is .
My spirit has been awakened and has been intimate  with the HS.
The Holy Spirit knows nothing about eternal torment nor has
the thought ever entered Gods mind.
It started in Brittan and was brought over to the new world.

If you believe in hell you DO NOT have the spirit of God.

Since the invention of the printing press 99% of all printed
material has been controlled by this satanic doctoral.

Praise God we have the spirit of truth.

No matter how romantic or wonderfully traditional your former church is
The spirit of God can not find fellowship there.

Sometimes the simplicity of truth is a marvel.

You can not Love Jesus if he has saved you from Eternal Torment

anna274

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2014, 11:08:02 PM »
I've often thought of all the different denominations, opinions, disparate views, teachings, Bible translations, etc.  IMO, there obviously is a lot of error, none of us 100% in error, none of us 100% knowing all truth.  We all have our own personalities, emotional and mental capabilities and liabilities that come into play.  I believe there definitely are outright deceivers, charlatans just seeking power, glory, money ("Lord, Lord, didn't we...?).  Also, I believe there are well-meaning people that don't have a spiritual basis from which to share, so just share through logic and the natural mind.  And lastly, I believe there are those who are spiritually reborn through saving faith in Yashua Messiah, some having vast amounts of truth and sharing some great things for consideration and edification.  Yet we all look through a glass darkly, none of us has every single bit of truth, and have our points of inadequacy - even the capacity to be fooled ourselves and lead others astray, albeit unknowingly and unintentionally.

There are thousands of denominations and hundreds of Bible translations.  They/we obviously can't all be right.  The scriptures mean what they mean, no prophecy (a divinely inspired utterance or revelation) is for private interpretation.  When God spoke/speaks, I don't believe He is vague or unsure or doesn't know what He means.  Yet humanity, including Christendom, is scattered all over the place.  And I've thought, "WHAT A MESS!"

Gary A. has stated that this is an age of the mixture of truth and error.  How I agree.  And it's puzzled me quite a bit.  I believe God works all things according to the counsel of His will.  So what's His will?  If He wanted everything 100% perfectly clear at this moment, He could "snap His fingers" and make it so - instantly.  So as it appears to my limited view at times, why do we have "all the mess"? 

Maybe it's not a mess after all, because He's working it all to fulfill His plan!

Given that I don't believe we can always understand God's ways, still, today it came to me that perhaps the reason is, that in our human experience full of such confusion and uncertainty, we are "forced" to look to HIM and trust in HIM?  That even when all else fails, people you counted on let you down, disappoint you, even come against you - HE is there?  There with an "easy yoke", ready to comfort, ready to speak and calm the seas?  Could it be that everything else around is made to be so frail and unpredictable, that of necessity, our focus is continually being brought back to Him, THE ROCK, and for us to remember to hide in the cleft of the Rock?

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, You are with me.  Your rod and your staff comfort me.  I will dwell in the House of the Lord ["your presence"] forever."   Amen. 

"Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world".

Although momentarily Missing Member, jabcat's posts are available to read, meditate, etc., ...  I decided to bring this one back to the forum for your edification, encouragement, enlightenment ... I will be bringing back other Missing Members' posts as I read them again... maybe one a day :)  Be blessed

Offline rrich7

• Full
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »
Just yesterday on my way home from work I was chatting with our Sovereign Daddy.

I told Him, how amazing you are, that much has been revealed, yet so much is still misunderstood. I've known from a young age full knowledge and understanding of His plan won't come until the full unscaling of our eyes, yet we all seek it stumbling around trying to connect dots using our philosophies, our understanding, our translations etc.

I praised Him, that He knew what he was doing when He had each of us in mind for specific purposes & that while I think I may know what mines may be, I'm not sure. However, I know your plan is for good, your greatness, righteous judgement & unfailing love far beyond human comprehension & I trust it while heartedly! You are the potter & I am the clay, direct my footsteps & use me for your purpose.

I keep in mind the battle has been won, I try to remember everything in this crazy world is part if His plan, so my prayer & wishes have changed. Instead of trying to battle to connect dots of things I'm not sure of, trying to change the minds of people who "don't see it my way", I just say pray for His wisdom in His due time & worship Him because He is so awesome that "His ways are beyond finding out".

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:52:17 PM by rrich7 »
Love Never Fails : Yes My God Never Fails. The battle has been WON!

From Him and through Him and to Him are ALL things.

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
Lovely rrich !!   and of  same sentiments  :HeartThrob: Praise God !!

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
 :thumbsup: