Author Topic: trees and the woman  (Read 782 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
trees and the woman
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
I hope this is a good place to post this, if not I am sure it will be moved to the correct area. Thanks in advance.
I have read several times in posts that there were only two trees in the garden. I read of three.

Gen 2:9  and Jehovah God causeth to sprout from the ground every tree desirable for appearance, and good for food, and the tree of life in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
 1) every tree desirable for appearance, and good for food
 2)  and the tree of life in the midst of the garden 3) and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.**I was given note that the "and" for #3 could be included in the midst.

I read also there is only one tree in the "midst" of the garden, the tree of life.

Peace and Love Through Jesus
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:56:55 PM by micah7:9 »
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: trees and the woman
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »
 :cloud9: Where you posted this is fine. Check this out....

Genesis 2:9 KJVA
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:3 KJVA
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said , Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die .
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:14:37 AM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
I have found a good many translations that leave out the word "also"
Gen 2:9  and Jehovah God causeth to sprout from the ground every tree desirable for appearance, and good for food, and the tree of life in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. (YLT)
Gen 2:9 And Yahweh God, caused to spring up, out of the ground, every tree pleasant to the sight and good for food,––and the tree of life, in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.(Rotherham)
They both could be in the midst.
I dont have access to a KJVA (king james version authorized?) in parallel.
God never said what the woman said in Gen.3:3 or did he?
Blessings and thank you
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »
 :cloud9: I'll check on that. Good topic. But anyway it goes on the above I posted, it appears to me it's pretty plain He is saying that both trees are the in the midst of the garden. My  :2c: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:45:09 PM »

Genesis 2: (NKJV)

9; And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree (first tree) grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life (second tree) was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil(third tree).

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »
 :cloud9: Maybe I'm not seeing it, but the way I read it, He made trees all over the garden, BUT the two were in the midst. Since there are 2 permanent articles of furniture in the inner court pattern of the Tabernacle, which He showed me are the natural representation of the two trees, this lends itself [to me] to this conclusion. Blessings...

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 02:36:32 AM »

Agreed Card,
The rest of the trees are throughout the garden.
hey!
Don't trees represent men?
Could that be where Cain found his wife.
Perhaps "Adam" was the representative one man of many?
Adam as plural made in His image, Elohim, the plural of God's nature.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 02:41:58 AM »
Now that's an interesting thought.    Hmmm....
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 02:55:27 AM »

Agreed Card,
The rest of the trees are throughout the garden.
hey!
Don't trees represent men?
Could that be where Cain found his wife.
Perhaps "Adam" was the representative one man of many?
Adam as plural made in His image, Elohim, the plural of God's nature.

:cloud9: That's the way I've always understood it. He fragmented Himself into His creation, and so He then said we could eat of ALL THE TREES but the one (carnal mind under law). Everyone has a piece of the puzzle of corrupted (by the carnal mind) Word (Word that was Spirit made flesh).

Partaking of this Word, is the Spirit "translating" the corrupted Word back into it's pristine pure form, as revelation life. This is the essence principle of the feast of TABERNACLES (temporary dwelling places=us). It is not of our doing, He does it.

This is why sometimes if you're listening always for His voice, He can surprise you by speaking something out of the "unsaved", and you KNOW it was Him even though they don't have a clue what they said was anything special. Blessings.....

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
Thanks to all.
I understand that how it reads, there could have been two trees is the midst, but there were more than two trees. And the word also can be in or out.

Gen 2:9  and Jehovah God causeth to sprout from the ground every tree desirable for appearance, and good for food, and the tree of life in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. (YLT)
Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made Jehovah God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (ASB 1901)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 05:42:08 PM »
 :cloud9: Yes, I agree there were more than 2 trees. Blessings....