Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 1411 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Thoughts
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:39:06 AM »
The story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden is the greatest parable in the Bible.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:00:33 AM »
The story of the mustard seed is the greatest parable in the Bible.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 07:06:55 AM »
The Parable of Lazarus and the Rich man is the greatest parable in the Bible: since most Christians are convinced it isn't.  :laughing7:
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:51:22 AM »
The whole Bible is a gigantic parable  :icon_flower:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 02:42:49 PM »

WW I must admit your thought seem very plausible. I not only agree that the story of Adam and Eve is perhaps the greatest
parable, as I have stated before I also contend that that parable is an allegory (or do I say is allegory?)
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:09:51 PM »
Agreed WW.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »

WW I must admit your thought seem very plausible. I not only agree that the story of Adam and Eve is perhaps the greatest
parable, as I have stated before I also contend that that parable is an allegory (or do I say is allegory?)
Adam and Eve is the whole Bible... All the rest are sub parables  :laughing7:

We start out with groom-Adam and his bride-Eve. Both sinners. (Genesis)
Halfway the Bible groom-Adam 2nd/Jesus comes to the scene.
And it ends when the He married bride-Eve 2nd/mankind. (Revelation)

:2c: 
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 08:26:34 PM »

Jesus  Kinda says it is a parable to  almost everyone except them  few he spoke plain to 
 He promises to speak plain to us to Day  by the His Voice and the Holy Spirit

them that has ears to hear what the Spirit is saying and Hbr 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [shall not] we [escape], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven:

Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.  

Jesus is the reward  !!

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
 "And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God:"

I hear that, but when did the UNTO YOU know  those mysteries? 
Seems to me the "unto you's" were always asking
Mat 13:36  "........ Declare unto us the parable...."

Wasnt it much later on after the disciples grew in there knowledge as the Holy Spirit lead them to be Apostles, THEN, they began to know the mysteries of the kingdom. Just as we, now To day are growing the same way in our knowledge as the Holy Spirit reveals?

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
"And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God:"

I hear that, but when did the UNTO YOU know  those mysteries? 
Seems to me the "unto you's" were always asking
Mat 13:36  "........ Declare unto us the parable...."

Wasnt it much later on after the disciples grew in there knowledge as the Holy Spirit lead them to be Apostles, THEN, they began to know the mysteries of the kingdom. Just as we, now To day are growing the same way in our knowledge as the Holy Spirit reveals?

Yes it is !   Jesus come to  give Spiritual healing  eyes to see ears to hear and heart to understand what the Spirit is saying  :thumbsup:  I believe that is what the seals of the Book are opened up to do !
  sealed in Daniel , that is the book  given to Johns hand to open up  by the Spirit of prophecy  the same testimony  revealed   to us  :icon_flower:  to worship God in Spirit and truth

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. ask , knock , seek and find , He is not very far from any of us ...Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:    His Spirit is poured out on all fleshfor  all  time 

Jesus is the reward  !!