Author Topic: The Door  (Read 793 times)

laren

The Door
« on: November 30, 2007, 09:04:22 PM »
Mat 26:31  Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

who is the "I will" in this verse, and is it evil to "smite the shepherd"?

Mat 26:33  Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.

Mat 26:34  Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mat 26:35  Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Mat 26:56  But all this was done, that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

Mat 26:70  But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.

Mat 26:72  And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.

Mat 26:74  Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.

Mat 26:75  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly

Offline Molly

• Gold
The Door
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:30:37 PM »
Mat 26:31  Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

who is the "I will" in this verse, and is it evil to "smite the shepherd"?

Moses did it.  I saw him.

Numbers 20:11
And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

In his case, yes it was evil.  Kept him out of the promised land, too.

Kept

The Door
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 04:05:39 AM »
It would be cool to pull Molly and Kims latest posts out and seperate them to me , just they are really sharing some great stuff

what cha think mods?

sorry should have pm'd this request or minded my own beeswax lol  :mblush:

kept

Kept

The Door
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 04:11:36 AM »
noooo I was saying the opposite that it deserved its own thread, nevermind me , please dont stop sharing

kept

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
The Door
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 04:15:50 AM »
 :cloud9: I agree  :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Kept

The Door
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 05:07:44 AM »
lol girl none of us have been on that topic for quite some time haha we have been all over the place

I was just enjoying following you two in your back and forths

love when you two get together

its like good steak with a glass of red wine

:HeartThrob:

kept