Author Topic: Suffering?  (Read 13807 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Suffering?
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »
Do you percieve that...

...It is your FEET which decide WHERE your body shall GO?
Aren't you a married man?  :icon_jokercolor:

...Or that your EARS decide WHAT you shall HEAR?
That's decided by my hearing aid.

...Or your HANDS decide WHAT you shall TYPE on your computer keyboard?  :shakepoint:
Some people speak before they think.(tank), so I think the answer is "often"
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

JohnnyCatholic12

« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2010, 03:38:23 PM »
Death seems to be pretty bad to me.  The sting of Death is sin, and sin is what has lead to every single evil thing that has ever happened in the finite history of the universe.

Every rape, every murder, every theft, every lie, every broken home, and every abortion (a type of murder worse than "murder" in my opinion), and every cruel deed ever done was because of Death.

Death is the absence of Life, God is Life, and so the absence of God is Death - by that reasoning alone it is horrid beyond compare.

Though we may "cease to live in this body" (die in that sense) in order to resurrect to the new...Death (the absence of God/Life), the sting of which is sin, is worse indeed than anything ever to have been.

The word used in John 12:24 for "die" is;

http://www.studylight.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=599

While the word for Death, like in Revelation is;

http://www.studylight.org/lex/grk/view.cgi?number=2288

"Behold you among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously; for I will work a work in your days, which you will not believe, though it be told you. For, lo, I raise up the Chaldean, that bitter and hasty which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwelling places that are not their's. They are TERRIBLE and DREADFUL… more FIERCE than the evening WOLVES… They shall come all for VIOLENCE… they shall deride every strong hold… Then shall his mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend, imputing this power unto his god".
-Habakkuk-1:5-11

These verses are clearly illustrating God creating death and violence, in a word EVIL.  To which we typically respond:
"We are wicked, but they far more! Will you [God], Who cannot allow sin in any form, stand idly by while they swallow us up? Should You be silent while the wicked destroy those who are better than they?" (Habakkuk 1:13, The Living Bible).

Here a list of verses found at http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html which help drive home the point that God, not Satan, not man, but GOD is the author of evil:

"I create EVIL" (Isa. 45:7)

Out of God's mouth "proceeds…EVIL" (Lam. 3:38).

"…an experience of EVIL has God given to the sons of man…" (Ecc. 1:13, Concordant Liter Old Testament).

"…I [God] will raise up EVIL against thee…" (II Sam. 12:11).

"…has not the Potter [God] the right… to make… one [vessel] for DISHONOR?" (Rom. 9:19-25).

"I [God] created the waster to DESTROY" (Isa. 54:16).

"The Lord has made…the WICKED for the day of EVIL" (Prov. 16:4).

"…I [God] will bring EVIL from the north, and a great DESTRUCTION (Jer. 4:6).

"…Hear, O earth: behold, I [God] will bring EVIL upon this people…" (Jer. 6:19).

God told a "lying spirit" to "…go forth, and do so [lie]" (I Kings 22:22).

"He [God] turned their heart to HATE His people…" (Psalm 105:25).

"Behold I [God] frame EVIL against you…" (Jer. 18:11).

"For God locks up all together in STUBBORNNESS [that's an evil]…" (Rom. 11:32).

"O Lord, why have You MADE us TO ERR from your ways…" (Isa. 63:17).

"…so shall the Lord bring upon you ALL EVIL THINGS…" (Josh. 23:15).

"…shall there be EVIL in a city, and the Lord has not done it?" (Amos 3:6).

"Yet He [God] is SCOURGING [severely beating] every son to whom He is receiving" (Heb. 12:5).

"What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God and shall we not receive EVIL" (Job 2:10).

"Thus saith the Lord of hosts… go and SMITE Amalek… DESTROY… SLAY both man and woman, infant and suckling…" (I Sam. 15:2-3).

"…God shall send them strong DELUSION, that they should believe A LIE" (II Thes. 2:11).

Again people give Satan way too much credit when really he is just a servant of God, he does the Lord's Will.  Everything God created serves a purpose, including Satan.  God created everything, including evil for an exact reason and purpose. 

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »
When something evil happens to me, I never blame God.  Nor will I ever blame God.

My testimony is that only good gifts come from God.  We see in Job that God removes his protection from Job to allow Satan to do his evil deeds.  God himself does nothing evil to Job.  Satan does it, and Satan comes up with the nature of every evil thing done out of his own foul spirit.

God will sometimes come against his enemies directly.  It's not really a fair fight, but it is the prerogative of a long suffering God to finally throw up his hands, so to speak [cite: the Israelites not permitted to enter the promised land].

God has given us the rules to stay within his protection.  We break them at our own peril, not because God will come after us, but because we are now under a different jurisdiction--that of Satan [cite: Cain, David].

Likewise, if we remain under God's jurisdiction, Satan might come after us out of envy and hatred [like Cain after Abel] but God will always turn it to good, and we will always be victorious through him [cite: Joseph and his brothers].

This is my own primitive and simple belief system out of which I have always operated.  It has never failed me. 

23Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

24Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--Eph 6

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:29:59 PM by Molly »

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »
Do you percieve that...

...Or that your EARS decide WHAT you shall HEAR?
That's decided by my hearing aid.

Those that are deaf may hear and those that are blind may see, for the lord is near to call upon and nay it is not me but it is he whos shoe latchet I am unworthy to untie.

...Or your HANDS decide WHAT you shall TYPE on your computer keyboard?  :shakepoint:
Some people speak before they think.(tank), so I think the answer is "often"

Indeed for it is not I who speak but it is Christ in me who thinketh, thanketh and a tanketh!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »
Let Judah Go Up First

by

Randy Felton

How does one communicate with God? This is a question asked by Dr. Roy Blizzard in his book Let Judah Go Up First. This lesson is taken from his book. We are created in God's image and likeness and are to fellowship intimately with Him. This is to be a continual relationship, but we are also thrust into life's daily battles. How do we win? A good start in answering this question is found in Ephesians 6:12. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the Heavenly realms. We are in a struggle that is spiritual in nature.
The Tanakh, what we call the Old Testament, is a type and shadow of things to come as well as an historical account. We will look at the historical perspective and see what it may shadow. In the book of Judges, chapter 1, verses 1-12, Israel is preparing for battle and they inquire of the Lord, Who will be the first to go up and fight for us against the Canaanites? The Lord tells them ...Judah is to go. Later, in Judges 20:18 we find, ...who of us shall go first to fight against the Benjamites? The Lord replied, Judah shall go first.

There were twelve tribes of Israel. Why should Judah be called upon to go up first? The Hebrew word translated as Judah is used many times in English as PRAISE. So the scripture could be translated as, LET PRAISE GO UP FIRST. This is good advice for us when facing struggles or battles. Let us first praise. This is both an act of faith and submission. Praise God before the battle is entered; anyone can praise when the battle is over and won. Only by faith can we praise at the start.

We want to praise and praise accurately. To help us understand what this is about, we will look into some of the Hebrew words translated as praise.

BARACH (Bar Rach) - To kneel, to bless, to adore with bended knee. When used by man in reference to God, it means to endure with power for success, prosperity and long life. In Psalm 34:2, barach is translated as BLESS and in Psalm 103:1-2, barach is translated to mean WORSHIP.

HALAL (Hah Lahl) - The root is to shout, cry aloud. See Psalm 148:1-5, Isaiah 62:9, Psalm 135:1-3a. Try substituting "shout" for "praise" in these passages. The sense is to shout for joy, to rejoice, to be sincerely and deeply thankful.

TEHILLAH (The Hi Lah) - This word for praise is also translated as "Psalm." David uses this word in Psalms 48:11, 34:2 and 100:4. The noun is a song of thanksgiving. The theme of both noun and verb is verbal expression, an interweaving of belief and joy.

GADAL (Gah Dahl) - Often translated "magnify," it is used as a synonym of praise. In Psalms 34:4 and 69:31, it literally means "to cause to become great." Gadal calls the worshipper to ascribe greatness to the Lord and His name.

ZAMAR (Zah Mar) - To make music to God. Remember the word "tehillah?" It is very similar meaning a Psalm. A Psalm may be instrumental or vocal. Zamar indicates instrumental accompaniment. A zimra is a song or music. The Sabbath book of table songs, still in use today, is called zimarot, the plural for zimra.

SHIR (Sheer) - Meaning a song, more specifically, vocal music. The term combined with others to indicate a choral group. Shir and zamar are used alternately in Psalms 21:4, 104:33, 57:8, 27:6, 13:6 and 33:2.

SHAVACH (Shav Ach) - To commend, to congratulate, to laud. This word parallels some of the words we have already looked at. Refer to Psalms 63:4, 117:1, 147:12 and 145:4. The idea of parallelism is often used in Hebrew poetry. This occurs when the same information or idea is stated in more than one way, one verse reinforcing the other.

RUM (Room) - The basic meaning is height and it is used to parallel many of the preceding words. Rum is used symbolically to express such lofty notions as glory, exaltation and to extol. See Psalms 30:2, 66:17, 149:6. We can also see the following parallels: rum to halal in Psalm 107:32; rum to barach in Psalm 145:1 and rum to gadal in Psalm 34:4.

RANAN (Rah Nahn) - To cry out, shout for joy or to give a ringing cry. It parallels joy, rejoicing, praise and jubilation in poetry. Found in Psalms 5:12, 67:5, 90:14 and 92:5, the usage indicates that the highest mood of the Hebrew religion is joy.

YADAH (Yah Dah) - The literal root is to throw or to cast. When used in text, it means to confess or declare Who God is and what He does. See Psalms 105:1, 106:1 for public confession of God's attributes. When yadah is used in the context of praise, it means to confess or declare the attributes of God. When yadah is used in the context of prayer, it still retains the root meaning of confession. Instead of the confession of God's attributes, it becomes the confession of our sins to God. Yadah has a two-fold meaning: the confession of God's attributes and the confession of our shortcoming or sins. Judah comes from the root, yadah.

For us to let Judah go up first is to recognize that our battles are spiritual and must be fought in the spirit. When we let Judah go up first, we confess the attributes of God (yadah-praise), we realize Who and What God is. This brings us to realize and confess our own inadequacies (yadah-prayer). We confess our sins, our need for repentance and reconciliation. This allows us to establish a proper relationship with God. This very idea is implied in the "disciples prayer." When we enter into spiritual warfare - "Let Judah Go Up First!" Begin to praise God by faith, confess Who He is, confess who you are, confess your sins and be reconciled. Continue by confessing forgiveness, confess God's mercy, confess God's love and confess God's victory! Kneel, cry aloud, magnify the Lord, sing, exalt, shout, and give thanks. After this, begin to confess God's Word concerning the situation. Then and only then, are you ready to go into battle.

This lesson was prepared from the book "Let Judah Go Up First" by Dr. Roy Blizzard. The Hebrew text for all Old Testament references is "The Jewish Publications Society Bible." Therefore, some of the verse numbers may differ slightly from those found in the English text. Used with Permission.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS These lessons were prepared by the Randy Felton for use by him and his students in lecture classes. This is not intended to be a work that will "stand alone," but as a study guide and a compilation of notes for classroom use. This material may not be copied or reproduced without written permission of the author.

Additional copies may be ordered from:

Potter's Clay Ministries, Inc.
417 NW 42nd Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118

http://www.haydid.org/ranjudah.htm

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2010, 06:22:37 PM »
Indeed praise is a powerful weapon. It has been used throughout the old testament many times to defeat the enemy, it changes the atmosphere and allows God to do his work better.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »
When something evil happens to me, I never blame God.  Nor will I ever blame God.

My testimony is that only good gifts come from God.  We see in Job that God removes his protection from Job to allow Satan to do his evil deeds.  God himself does nothing evil to Job.  Satan does it, and Satan comes up with the nature of every evil thing done out of his own foul spirit.

God will sometimes come against his enemies directly.  It's not really a fair fight, but it is the prerogative of a long suffering God to finally throw up his hands, so to speak [cite: the Israelites not permitted to enter the promised land].

God has given us the rules to stay within his protection.  We break them at our own peril, not because God will come after us, but because we are now under a different jurisdiction--that of Satan [cite: Cain, David].

Likewise, if we remain under God's jurisdiction, Satan might come after us out of envy and hatred [like Cain after Abel] but God will always turn it to good, and we will always be victorious through him [cite: Joseph and his brothers].

This is my own primitive and simple belief system out of which I have always operated.  It has never failed me. 

23Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

24Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

--Eph 6

:cloud9: Me, too, Molly..... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
 :cloud9: Good article, Molly......that first Hebrew word there came up in my prayer language the first time He added to it. I knew it sounded familiar, and I dug and dug until I found it. It was in the beginning of my walk, and it was a faith builder for me to see that. He added Zachariah one time, when He wanted me in that book, but the way it came out in the accent, it didn't register to me the first 3 times, that He actually had me saying, Zachariah, LOL. The funny part was, not 5 minutes after I got the message, He sent a friend of mine to my house, to tell me, "The Lord told me to tell you He wants you to read Zachariah." I just love it when He does stuff like that......... :laughing7:  He's so personal. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »

Here a list of verses found at http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html which help drive home the point that God, not Satan, not man, but GOD is the author of evil:

God only does evil towards them that do evil. Eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. In the old covenant if you punch God (and his people), he would punch you back, but in the new covenant if you punch God (and his people) he forgives, until the end, when he gets his revenge on all his enemies.

JohnnyCatholic12

« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2010, 01:11:42 AM »

God only does evil towards them that do evil. Eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. In the old covenant if you punch God (and his people), he would punch you back, but in the new covenant if you punch God (and his people) he forgives, until the end, when he gets his revenge on all his enemies.
"For I am the Lord, I do not change."
- Malachi 3:6
I am aware we are under a new covenant however that doesn't change the fact that God is the creator of evil.  God created everything in the universe.  Who created the Tree of Knowledge of Good and EVIL?  Not Satan, but GOD.  Satan does evil, and is behind much evil, but who ultimately is behind Satan?  Who created Satan?  Who allows Satan to perform his work, as per the book of Job?  God.  Satan can only only do what God allows him to do.  He's just another created being, who is performing the work he was created for.  Because we know that according Ephesians 1:11 "The Lord works ALL things according to the counsel of His Will."  Note how He works ALL things, which means everything according the counsel of HIS WILL, not Satan's, and not man's.

It's not about revenge and God doesn't really have enemies, even if some people think they are.  In reality no one can compete with the majestic Glory of God to even be considered God's enemy.  God created all beings, "some for honor and some for dishonor," every being, every creature is fulfilling the purpose that God gave it.  God is not seeking "revenge" on anyone and it's terrible to attribute such pettiness to the Lord, it sounds like the talk of hell preachers.  God loves all His creation and He's all about gentle judgment and chastisement.  The suffering we go through now can not even compare to the glory that He has prepared for us.  Some invited earlier than others, but the party is for everyone.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2010, 01:30:56 AM »
God made light, inevitably shadows come simultaneously with it.

Light is untouched by shadows, it merely casts them where it does not illuminate the place with itself.
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Offline Ross

• Est
  • Gal2;20
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »
Hi;
Seems to be that the Father actually knows what He is doing and lets us know in His good time.
Also many seem to claim to know Christ personally and back up the claim with 'demonstrations of power'

Matt 7;21-23   " Not every one that says to Me Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of the heavens. Many will say to Me,
' Lord! Lord! did we not cast out demons in your name, and prophesy in your name, and perform many works of power in your name?'
And then I will say to them, I have NEVER acknowledged you, depart from Me you workers of lawlessness."

Heaps of modern so-called ministers seem to fit that description.
Fellow brother in Christ

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
 :cloud9: The description above is the Pentecost level, ie. a TASTE of the kingdom to come that we enter into via Tabernacles. So those He didn't know, doesn't mean they were not His, but rather that they didn't PRESS IN for more than a TASTE. To "know" is to become one with, as Adam knew his WIFE and she conceived. There are many concubines, but few "Queens". My  :2c:

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »
:cloud9: The description above is the Pentecost level, ie. a TASTE of the kingdom to come that we enter into via Tabernacles. So those He didn't know, doesn't mean they were not His, but rather that they didn't PRESS IN for more than a TASTE. To "know" is to become one with, as Adam knew his WIFE and she conceived. There are many concubines, but few "Queens". My  :2c:
:2thumbs:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:51 AM »
willieH: Hi brother D...

Been away for a week, just catching up in this thread...  :wink2:

I give my child a choice between having a cupcake for desert, and a rotten bucket full of cow diarrhea covered in maggots.

Fascinating.

Amen David...  :thumbsup:

Early on the child is "given choice" via recommended "pathways" into the future, ...including, ...the recommendation to go to college,  ...along with the recommendation to NOT take drugs while on that pathway... 

Very fascinating how many "choose" the latter over the former...  :sigh:  (Certainly equally as bad as choosing the CD covered in maggots over the cupcake...  :sigh:  A good mouthwashing will remedy that "bad choice")...

And before either "choice" has been made (college/drugs)...

God had already decided the total knowledge a "college grad" could possibly achieve in that education, by raising it to its maximum... (by using his massive 2% of brainpower issued), ...as well deciding what would or would NOT, ...ADDICT, even KILL the human body...  :dontknow:  Creating BOTH... the "body", and the substances which could ADDICT it!

So shall we therefore be down on God for only letting us reach the lofty level of numbSKULLS (at MOST), ...or that He made our bodies capable of painful, sorrowful, even deadly, ...addiction?

Or should we KNOW that HE has purpose in BOTH the numbskull, ...I mean INTELLECTUAL, ...and the DRUG ADDICT, as HE is revealing HIS  KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL... through the LIVING/DYING actions of human beings, ...be they INTELLECTS (which is quite a stretch  :laughing7:) that become CHEMISTS and invent DRUG formulas with their "education", ...or the poor "mischoosing" ADDICT which may never have become an ADDICT if not for the CHEMIST?

The oft used and tired arguement, that men are "puppets or robots", simply because they are subject to the decided DIRECTIVES of YHVH, is so spiritually surface as to be pitied... :pitiful: 

The Scripture is PLAIN and DIRECT in stating that the members of the body of CHRIST are illustrated and equated to the members of the human body -- 1 Cor 12:12-26 -- which members are SUBJECT to the HEAD and ITS decisions -- 1 Cor 11:3 -- the HEAD of ...EVERY MAN (not just some)... is CHRIST -- EVERY MAN

Get used to it folks... To be SUBJECT to the decisions of YHVH and HIS WORD, is an ETERNAL and RIGHT and FREE state of BEING... NOT an IMPRISONMENT which demotes us to "robots or puppets"!

A SPIRITUAL "state of being" which is PERMEATED and SUBJECT to the HEAD and its decisions on our behalf (as members)...  Just as we logically deduce that the Human "head" decides for the totality of the members of ITS body... that which is the best course to take in LIFE.  :dontknow:

...willieH  :cloud9:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »
willieH: Hi Tank...   :Sparkletooth:

Your buddy   :friendstu:  willieH is back!  :laughing7:

According to you,  ...GOD is the ultimate HYPOCRITE.  Telling us to LOVE, BLESS & FORGIVE our enemies, and in doing so, become "PERFECT" as He is -- Matt 5:44-48 -- then, later... GETS "REVENGE" on them?... :rolleye:

Why should He want "revenge" on beings that He had foreknowledge of their every move? :omg:

Hate to break this to you Tank (and spoil your "revenge party"), ...but He ...SO LOVES the WORLD... (and NEVER CHANGES)... If He "so loved" the WORLD, then He DOES love the WORLD, and always WILL love the WORLD...  :dontknow:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2010, 08:13:07 AM »
I give my child a choice between having a cupcake for desert, and a rotten bucket full of cow diarrhea covered in maggots.
Maggots are nutritious... Yummy

:laughing7:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »
That's the whole "experience of evil", isn't it?  The concept I've been trying to get my mind around for some time.  The "lowered into this realm".  The "all turned to disobedience so He can have mercy on all"...

Good word.   :thumbsup:

I second David, amen James...

...willieH  :happy3:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2010, 08:34:37 AM »
willieH: Hi Molly...  :happygrin:

Eve was deceived by the Nacash [serpent].  But, Adam wasn't.

"eyes" set upon the natural instead of the spiritual... Nachash is truly an ENCHANTMENT... not a slithering reptile... no "talking" snake, rather, the INNER movement of the heart of man (/woman)... which is inherently WICKED above ALL THINGS -- Jer 17:9 -- including "snakes"  :grin:

Doesn't matter anyway, ...Adam ate... and THEN, the deal was done... for their EYES were not OPENED until ADAM ate -- Gen 3:6-7  :dontknow:

Eve was DECIEVED... Adam just plain, DISOBEYED the command of GOD which was EXCLUSIVELY given to HIM ...before EVE was even on the scene! -- Gen 2:18-19 -- (the "HEAD" of the woman -- 1 Cor 11:3).

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2010, 03:18:27 PM »

According to you,  ...GOD is the ultimate HYPOCRITE.  Telling us to LOVE, BLESS & FORGIVE our enemies, and in doing so, become "PERFECT" as He is -- Matt 5:44-48 -- then, later... GETS "REVENGE" on them?... :rolleye:

Why should He want "revenge" on beings that He had foreknowledge of their every move? :omg:

Hate to break this to you Tank (and spoil your "revenge party"), ...but He ...SO LOVES the WORLD... (and NEVER CHANGES)... If He "so loved" the WORLD, then He DOES love the WORLD, and always WILL love the WORLD...  :dontknow:

What do I need revenge for  :laughing7: my idea of revenge is as simple as jumping in the boxing ring with anyone I need to settle a score with, and hopefuly win  :laughing7:. Gods idea of revenge though is far different, because he doesn't look at individuals, he judges the entire world and all its sin as one package, look at the book of revelation and trumpet judgments and the warnings of Christ, I am amazed you miss the countless scriptures that talk about the day of the lord. Jesus tells us to bless and forgive our enemies, from his day all the way till the end, but judgment will take place upon the earth on those who insist on destroying the earth. His judgment will cause many to repent from their evil ways while others will be taken out of the way for his new Christ centered Government upon the earth where peace dwells. Beware of counterfeit movements though, some might try and establish the kingdom of Christ via political and/or military force, forcing christian worship before Christ returns, which would not be the true kingdom.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:05:56 PM by thinktank »

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »
That's the whole "experience of evil", isn't it?  The concept I've been trying to get my mind around for some time.  The "lowered into this realm".  The "all turned to disobedience so He can have mercy on all"...

Good word.   :thumbsup:

I second David, amen James...

...willieH  :happy3:

YES!
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2010, 04:25:35 PM »

What do I need revenge for  :laughing7: my idea of revenge is as simple as jumping in the boxing ring with anyone I need to settle a score with, and hopefuly win  :laughing7:. Gods idea of revenge though is far different, because he doesn't look at individuals, he judges the entire world and all its sin as one package, look at the book of revelation and trumpet judgments and the warnings of Christ, I am amazed you miss the countless scriptures that talk about the day of the lord. Jesus tells us to bless and forgive our enemies, from his day all the way till the end, but judgment will take place upon the earth on those who insist on destroying the earth. His judgment will cause many to repent from their evil ways while others will be taken out of the way for his new Christ centered Government upon the earth where peace dwells. Beware of counterfeit movements though, some might try and establish the kingdom of Christ via political and/or military force, forcing christian worship before Christ returns, which would not be the true kingdom.

To Day...IS THE DAY OF THE LORD, and judgement IS taking place NOW in those who have an ear to hear.
Rom 8:22  For we know that, all creation, is sighing together, and travailing-in-birth-throes together until the present,—

Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
To Day...IS THE DAY OF THE LORD, and judgement IS taking place NOW in those who have an ear to hear.
Rom 8:22  For we know that, all creation, is sighing together, and travailing-in-birth-throes together until the present,—

It's got to come to an end at some point though right?, otherwise sin will continue for eternity.

• Gold
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »
Hab 2:3  For yet is the vision for an appointed time, still, it presseth towards an end, and will not deceive,—if it tarry, wait thou for it, for it, surely cometh,—will not be too late.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »

It's got to come to an end at some point though right?, otherwise sin will continue for eternity.

Yea, the year 2015 is what I have been reading. Blood moons on Holy days and all that.  :grin:
http://skepticdave.blogspot.com/2009/03/2015-is-end-of-world-not-2012.html

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=63076

CHB