Author Topic: Satan disguising himself as an angel of light  (Read 1464 times)

Andromeda_Organa

Satan disguising himself as an angel of light
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:29:35 AM »
How do I know if it's Satan talking to me as an angel of life?

Offline Sarah

Re: Satan disguising himself as an angel of light
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 04:16:11 AM »
Remember that when the Lord speaks to you He will give you a second or third witness, from scripture and/or His body.

alihaymeg

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:35:01 AM »
Be patient. Patience is a muscle that grows as you exercise it.

As hard as it is to do, the only thing you can change in life is yourself.

Is the voice you are listening to the right one? It's easy to tell. Only if its motivation is pure and perfect love is it the right voice.

It is never weakness to seek the help of others. It gives them an opportunity to express love, and brings you closer to them.

You are valuable; not only valuable but invaluable.
Don't think for a second that you would not be missed.
All of the lives you will touch throughout your life would be robbed of your wisdom and they would never have the opportunity to experience your uniqueness.
Don't believe that lie!

May God bless you and keep you.

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:29:51 PM »
Remember that when the Lord speaks to you He will give you a second or third witness, from scripture and/or His body.
ok, good. :boyheart: I've spoken to my dad about this, and most of the time, my dad serves as a witness to the things I've talked to God about. My dad's a pretty strong Christian- he's even seen Jesus!

Offline Sarah

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »
That is wonderful you have someone to share with, I would definitly encourage it.

martincisneros

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:21:49 PM »
Hi Andromeda_Organa,

I've noticed from some of your PMs to me that you like brevity of response to certain questions, compared to having to read dozens and dozens of pages of response on the boards, so let me be very brief with the two main characteristics of a minister of Satan that's supposedly a minister of righteousness.  And I could back this up with the rest of 1Corinthians, the rest of St. Paul's epistles, the Gospels, and other parts of the New Testament.  The two main characteristics of a minister of Satan trying to come as a minister of the Gospel are:

1. speaking the truth from a lying and dividing spirit;
2. speaking the truth in a way that's not caring who it hurts and an unwillingness to match what you say to the level of your audience.

It's main characteristics are being abusive with the truth and trying to force on you more than you can bare.  Lots of other things that I could get into to fine-tune these two points, but I want to close with a Scripture about what real ministers look like because often you can discern a counterfeit if you understand the distinguishing characteristics of the genuine.  Can't counterfeit a $3 or a  $4 bill in the U.S., right?  Not unless there's some other country with those, so that the forgeries will have the slightest chance of fitting in, in terms of appearance.  The moment they've gone abusive with the truth, they've disqualified themselves to be a minister.  Lots of preachers wanna justify their lives and their abusiveness with Jesus taking a whip to Church a couple of times during His ministry and his message in Matthew 23 condemning the Pharisees to Hell, but their lives and lifestyles aren't the rest of the 4 Gospels.  A parent's first job isn't to spank, although as the false will assert that "it does go with the territory."  It does.  But you don't just get up every morning with that being the intent of your words, etc.  Here's a profile of the genuine:

7but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children. 8We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. 9Surely you remember, brothers, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you. 10You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed. 11For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, 12encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory. 1Thessalonians 2:7-12

Completely tune out anyone that's not verses 7 and 8 as well as 11 and 12 in the passage quoted above 'cause they're seeking after their own rather than the things of Jesus Christ and they fail the 2Corinthians 13 test of it being Christ Jesus speaking in them and are self condemned.  In saying this, I'm not distinguishing between Arminian, Calvinist, and Universalist.  I'd personally a whole lot rather spend my time listening to James Robison and Charles Stanley on television than [a small handful] of the Universalists that I've known at these boards over the last 8 years!  Some Universalists that I've known, their words are like nails on a chalk board while they're supposedly defending the truth: nothing nurturing, it's their way or the highway, etc.  A lying tongue that hates those that it hurts, as Proverbs says, isn't unique to Arminian or Calvinistic circles.  So, you don't judge the issue of a minister of Satan, 6 or 7 times out of 10, based upon what their doctrine is, but based upon who they are.

Offline chuckt

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »
he's even seen Jesus

what did he look like?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »
 :cloud9: Hi; Glad your dad can help you bounce things off him; that's a great help.

My  :2c:. The best answer I can give is the thief cometh not, but to kill, steal and destroy. Until you have fully exercised by reason of use, the gift of discerning of spirits, the best way to discern is through getting the Word in you, so that when something comes that opposes what you know in the Word, you can rightly divide the truth with that.

When I came to Him, knowing nothing, I asked Him to not let me be deceived, and to only open doors He wanted open and to close doors that He wanted closed. Then I trusted Him to do just that.

The fact is, we can't see what's around the next corner in our lives, but He can, and if we're surrendered totally to Him, then at some point our faith has to be exercised to trust Him to take care of every aspect of our lives. If He cares for the sparrow, how much more does He care for you? Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »
Quote from: martin
I'd personally a whole lot rather spend my time listening to James Robison and Charles Stanley on television than [a small handful] of the Universalists that I've known at these boards over the last 8 years!  Some Universalists that I've known, their words are like nails on a chalk board while they're supposedly defending the truth:

Me too. Not Stanley or Robison but I do listen to Joel Osteen and Joyce Myers sometimes. I was surprised to learn that there are some Universalists that are the way they are. I have been really disappointed in knowing that. No wonder there are those who don't believe a God exists. :sigh: I came to realize though that we are all human and that God works in all things to his glory. We are all on a road that leads to Christ, some have gotten farther down that road than others. Not knowing this will surely try your faith.

I have learned about the Bible and God from many different denominations and sources. If we would all put our knowledge together instead of staying in our own little corner and learn to tolorate others beliefs, we all might learn something. I believe this is what the tower of Babel is telling us.They all were working together and God said there is nothing they couldn't accomplish. Since that time man has been scattered in their beliefs.

Andromeda,
Just ask God to lead and guide you, ask for faith and trust that he will give it to you. When dealing with others always practice the fruits of the Spirit and God will take care of the rest.

(Gal. 5:22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.

CHB

Andromeda_Organa

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »
he's even seen Jesus

what did he look like?
I don't think that matters.

Offline Nancy

• Snr
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »
Hi there all,
This subject bothers me actually. I can't believe that it means what it SEEMS to mean.

For example, I have reading a book by Kim Sheridan about the afterlife and animals.  She has spoken to mediums who speak to the animals and vice versa. Now I know that us christians can be spooked by mediums and that we either say that they are deceiving spirits or satan disguising himself, etc. But if a 'reading' comforts us and we haven't actually instigated the message, what is wrong with that.

I know there has been a thread asking if mediums are evil and I don't know why God told the children of Israel not to converse with the other side, but then God told them not to do lots of things which we readily do, like eat shrimp and crab and wear clothes of mixed fabrics and tattoos, shall i go on?!!

Why is this so wrong if it brings comfort and hope?

Godbless
Nancy

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
 :cloud9: Why? Because they are the counterfeit of the HG in the believer. Christ is the MEDIATOR, they are MEDIUMS = channeling a demonic spirit for knowledge and information.

You do understand that there are demonic spirits that mimic what God has, right? And that these spirits would just love to "comfort" you with information they gained by being familiar (read present here) with the person their whole life? And in addition to that "comfort", eventually you get to be DIS-comforted with things that go bump in the night, and other unpleasant things.

The only reason the person going to such is not aware of their presence yet, is because they will remain hidden as long as they do not perceive any threat to losing their PREY. But just wait until they try to get away.  :mshock:

I spent 2 plus years of my life ministering to people that thought it was ok, (some of them counted themselves lucky to escape with their very lives) and I could write a book that would be a best seller in the horror category, and ALL, ALL, ALL of them started out dabbling in some form of the occult, usually the "harmless" fortune tellers and astrologers. My  :2c: Blessings....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:16:42 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline chuckt

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »
he's even seen Jesus

what did he look like?
I don't think that matters.

I DO.

Offline Nancy

• Snr
Dabbling in occult!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »
Hi there Cardinal,

This book i'm reading has a lot more to do with signs than with mediums. The pets of people gave them a sign that they were ok.  My own cat gave me a sign and my recently departed dog did too. I didn't ask for them through a medium. Are you saying that it was somehow demonic. I cannot believe that.  I used to be terrified as a little girl of things that went bump in the night probably because of ignorance and i hadn't dabbled at all. I've heard that if you spent your early childhood alone you would be dogged by the devil. Charming. Was it my fault that my mother had to work all hours? That kind of talk makes you afraid.
Godbless
Nancy

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »
 :cloud9: Just wondering here, but how do you know it was your cat? Blessings....

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
Re: Dabbling in occult!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 06:37:30 PM »
Hi there Cardinal,
The pets of people gave them a sign that they were ok.  My own cat gave me a sign and my recently departed dog did too.

:thumbsup: I don't anything about the book you're reading but I do know what you speak of, Nancy... :HeartThrob: :happy3: :HeartThrob:

Native Americans believe that when a person passes over, that person returns in a dream to a family member to let them know they are ok. There are many truths scattered about from sources others would think unlikely. As if God only speaks to a select few in this world! HA! There are many mysteries, many things that people scoff at because they do not have a certain "faith". I'm not saying they do not HAVE faith... but they lack a CERTAIN faith. God does not work in black and white only.. He also works in areas of grey. There are some who scoff at UR, but there are a myriad of reasons why these people scoff. They are just at a certain location on their path, there is an obstacle in their way preventing them from seeing UR at this particular point on their path. That's all it is.

Nancy, what you speak of, is a treasure. It's a personal treasure for you to hold dear and for you to have hope. I know you know what I'm talking about. I don't speak often of my own stuff... because, like I said, it's an extremely personal thing that I refuse to debate. There is no debating it. It is what it is. I do not expect others to believe in something that has not personally happened to them. That is the issue. God DOES work in ways that are outside what others see as "normal" or "according to the bible" or whatever else you want to call it. HE DOES. Thank you God... for the little treasures you bestow upon us.

Discernment, of course! And I commend others for viewing things with a skeptical eye.. you MUST. you MUST. Otherwise, you would be moved with every wind that comes along. But SOME things, though they may seem far-fetched or unreal...God will surprise you. Have an open mind. (not so open that your brains fall out, but open enough so that you may hear the FAINTEST whispers from God.) I think THIS is key.

PEACE.

Take care, Nancy.  :cloud9:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:41:00 PM by sparrow »
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline Nancy

• Snr
Messages from my cat and dog! And others
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 11:04:19 PM »
Hi there,

Cardinal I had a message from my cat in that a couple of weeks or months (i can't remember) after his death, another cat from the neigbourhood came into my house and out to my garden and allowed me to pick him/her up. This has never happened to me before or since. I believe that it was a messenger telling me that my cat is ok.  And when my next door neighbour died, i smelt a smell of cigarettes very strongly, (she smoked heavily) then i felt the words, 'Joyce has died'.  She did indeed die at the exact time that i had the smell!
Lastly, i asked my dog to give me a sign that he was ok and on the way to the shops, i picked up one earring with 2 hearts entwined on it in perfect condition.  Now there are those who would scoff but to me this was a sign.

Godbless
Nancy