Author Topic: Revelation problem?  (Read 1894 times)

Offline CHB

• Silver
Re: Revelation problem?
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 01:24:40 AM »
Maybe the most compelling "info" as far as when Rev. was written, is in the scriptures themselves? 

I found this, written by Eric Adams that makes a lot of sense to me;

The arguments concerning the date of Revelation are very technical, on both sides. Nevertheless, there is one fairly obvious point in favor of a pre-AD 70 date.

Revelation 17:10 tells us when the book was written.

"There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time" (Revelation 17:10).

This verse is referring to seven kings, who are emperors of Rome. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has yet to come. This means that five have died. The sixth is currently reigning. The seventh is not yet ruling.

Claudius was the fifth emperor of Rome, and he died in AD 54. Nero was the sixth emperor, and he reigned from AD 54-68. The book of Revelation was written during his Nero's reign.

I think Revelation was written around 54-68 also. Many think that Nero was the beast that is talked about in Revelation.

CHB

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »
Great word there bro.  Is it just me, or did anyone else see a bit of a pattern emerging with what you just said and what the story of the Samaritan woman revealed . . .as to Revelation's piece, it stated that there were 7 kings . . .Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come.  The Samaritan woman had been married 5 times, the 6th guy is her live-in and she hadn't met her 7th yet . . .until the day she went to Jacob's well.  Jesus is always the 7th!!!  She met her 7th husband that day . . .the Sabbath . . .

Maybe it's just me . ..  :dontknow:

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 03:39:37 AM »
Torture????

I here ya.  I shouldn't have used that word. Torture comes from a sadistic heart.  And obviously God's purposes for allowing evil or causing evil to befall people is never sadistic.  I know that God is doing the refiner's fire thing on people with good intentions.

I spelled the word "hear" wrong.   lol,   Just noticed it a day later.
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 03:51:55 AM »
We herd ya anyway! :grin: :laughing7:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 04:39:19 AM »
We herd ya anyway! :grin: :laughing7:

:laugh2:   That's a good'un.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
really liked that,Nathan....I think about Jesus saying'you Samaritans worship what ye know not"  and Job saying,"  my ears had heard about you,but

now my eyes see you"

there shall no more any man teach his brother'know God' for all shall know me when I forgive all their sin

Matt 22;25  'teacher,Moses told us that if a man dies without having children,his brother must marry the widow and have children for him..

Now there were seven brothers among us...........now then at the resurrection[children raised up by Christ for Adam] whose wife will she be of the seven

...they shall be as the angels,the children of God

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
Did Job say that?  I didn't realize that.  Because in the same story with the Samaritan woman, the men of her city came out and heard Jesus and said almost the exact same thing.  Hmmm . . .