Author Topic: Quotable Quotes  (Read 7007 times)

goodreport

Quotable Quotes
« on: September 25, 2012, 03:54:41 AM »
St. Ephrem, the Syrian 

Be gentle with every person you meet--they are fighting a great battle.

====

Oswald Chambers from his book "Disciples Indeed"

The main characteristic which is the proof of the indwelling Spirit is an amazing tenderness in personal dealings and a blazing truthfulness with regard to God's Word.

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: Quotable Quotes
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:24:19 AM »
 I think those quotes are beautiful.  Thank you for posting them.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »
"what you do to/for the lowliest person you are doing to/for me." - Jesus
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

goodreport

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »

"It is only because He became like us that we can become like Him."
                     Dietrich Bonhoffer - The Cost of Discipleship

goodreport

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
from the writings  Oswald Chambers

"My relationship to Jesus is not on the ground of Christian evidence, that I can pass an examination on the doctrines of the Person of Christ, but suddenly by the great surprise of the indwelling Spirit of God I see who Jesus is, the Son of the Living God, absolute Lord and Master.  The basis of the Christian life is an inner illumination that reveals to me who Jesus is, and on that revelation and the public confession of it, Jesus says He will build His church."

goodreport

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 11:59:09 PM »
Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

"Even as the angry vengeful thoughts boiled through me, I saw the sin of them.  Jesus Christ had died for this man; was I going to ask for more?  Lord Jesus, I prayed, forgive me and help me to forgive him... Jesus, I cannot forgive him.  Give me your forgiveness... and so I discovered that it is not on our forgiveness any more than on our goodness on which the world's healing hinges, but on His.  When He tells us to love our enemies, He gives along with the command, the love itself."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:02:22 AM by goodreport »

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 02:17:24 AM »
Reason is not automatic, those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

goodreport

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 12:57:50 AM »
Eaglesway- Tentmaker forum

"The kingdom of God is the manifested glory of God. It transforms (restoration) and translates (revelation) things."

goodreport

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:23:44 AM »
from Ray Prinzing -Daily Overcoming

To be silent, to be quieted, literally means the end of all projection of self.  The end of all action of our own will.  A ceasing from running to and fro seeking to fill up the inner void.

The word "rest" is literally, "to be silent, quiet, standing still."  There is a ceasing from our own works, an entering into His rest, and it comes as He fills us with Himself.   ... resting in His sufficiency, rejoicing in His love.

goodreport

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 01:17:45 AM »
from Thomas a' Kempis (The Inner Life)

"In the Cross is salvation; in the Cross is life; in the Cross is protection; in the Cross is infusion of heavenly sweetness; in the Cross is strength of mind; in the Cross is joy of spirit; in the Cross is excellence of virtue.  There is no salvation, nor hope of eternal life, save in the Cross."

Zeph 3:17
The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior!  He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 02:26:08 AM »
Amen, hallelujah!

From Tentmaker.org, 'The Cross and Identifying With Christ Quotes'.
 - "Today Jesus Christ is being dispatched as the Figurehead of a Religion, a mere example. He is that, but he is infinitely more; He is salvation itself, He is the Gospel of God. --Oswald Chambers"

Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 07:29:39 AM »

Exo 3:14  And God saith unto Moses, `I AM THAT WHICH I AM;' He saith also, `Thus dost thou say to the sons of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.'
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

goodreport

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 06:24:18 PM »

from spirithome.com

"Intercessory prayer aims to build people into what God wants of them, not to tear them down."

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 06:55:14 PM »
Awareness knows only the present. To be free from past and future is to taste freedom for the first time. And in that experience one becomes whole, healthy; all wounds are healed. That well-being is the beginning of transformation.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

goodreport

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 11:46:40 PM »
from the writings of Oswald Chambers

"In the new birth God does three impossible things, impossible, that is, from the rational standpoint.  The first is to make a man's past as though it had never been; the second, to make a man all over again, and the third, to make a man as certain of God as God is of Himself.  New birth does not mean salvation from hell, but something more radical, something which tells in a man's actual life."

goodreport

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »
from the writings of Oswald Chambers

"Jesus Christ never preached down to the level of His audience; He did not rely on human understanding, but on the interpreting power of the Holy Spirit in a human mind.  The disciples frequently misunderstood what our Lord said, but He relied on the work of the Holy Spirit to guide them into all TRUTH."

goodreport

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
Eaglesway Tentmaker Forum 10/8/12 Thread: "No Hope..."

"They simply have no hope now.  They can not see the resurrection as we do who are believers in Christ.  Therefore they have no hope that reaches through the veil.  Paul is talking about mourning and the emotional state after losing a beloved one.  We are not to grieve AS THEY DO.  It doesn't mean we can't grieve, it means our grieving is not HOPELESS.  We grieve the loss of that person's company but we are comforted by the HOPE OF THE RESURRECTION."

goodreport

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 01:44:48 AM »
reFORMer Tentmaker Forum, Oct 8,2012 on thread: Prophecy

"It is important that not only is the true understanding of at least the 12 mysteries in the New Testament dependent on the initiation into that understanding by the work of the Holy Spirit within us, we can only continue to perceive these mystical realties by the continuing work of the Holy Spirit.  Detached from Him whatever we remember about them withers and dies."

goodreport

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 03:39:46 AM »

2 Cor 12:9  AMP
But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully];  for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.

from the devotionals of Clay Curtis
The Grace of God

These are the words of the Lord to the apostle Paul.  This is the banner of all believers.  God used men to pen what He purposed to be written providing us with His Word.  Do you see His sufficiency in doing so?  Think of the pictures and types set forth in scripture, wrought out by the lives of men and women whom God directed for the purpose of showing forth the person and work of Christ Jesus the Lord.  Oh the sufficiency of His grace!  Who could justify sinners?   Who could reconcile man to God?  Who could speak and cause the dead come forth?  Unable, unwilling, undesirable sinners robed in His righteousness raised with Him justified, sealed by the Spirit of promise the earnest of the inheritance.  The resurrected Lord of hosts seated at the right hand of the Father, making intercession on our behalf, determining, directing, disposing of the whole matter is the God of all sufficient grace.  As we go about our pilgrimage through this vast wilderness let us find comfort, assured that God's grace is sufficient.

goodreport

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 02:15:29 AM »
Robert E. Lee

"Knowing that intercessory prayer is our mightiest weapon and the supreme call for all Christians today, I pleadingly urge our people everywhere to pray.  Believing that prayer is the greatest contribution that our people can make in this critical hour, I humbly urge that we take time to pray--to really pray.  Let there be prayer at sunup, at noonday, at sundown, at midnight--all through the day.  Let us all pray for our children, our youth, our aged, our homes.  Let us all pray for our churches.  Let us pray for ourselves, that we may not lose the word 'concern' out of our Christian vocabulary.  Let us pray for our nation.  Let us pray for those who have never known Jesus Christ and redeeming love, for moral forces everywhere, for our national leaders.  Let prayer be our passion.  Let prayer be our practice."

goodreport

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 07:00:02 PM »
from Prayer Quotes - E.M.Bounds

"God shapes the world by prayer.  The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil."

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »

from spirithome.com

"Intercessory prayer aims to build people into what God wants of them, not to tear them down."
Awesome!
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

goodreport

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »
excerpts from Ray Prinzing:  Daily Overcoming -- Hope for EVERY tree

"The cutting down simply bespeaks of death to the old realm, that there might be a change, a sprouting up of the new.  There is a new life that is forming within us, it is HIS LIFE, age-abiding and glorious.  It does not emerge as a full grown expression in an instant, but it sprouts and grows.  We "grow in GRACE and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ," and as we grow the change takes place by degree.  There is hope for EVERY tree, for though every individual shall be cut down, face the death to the old nature, yet they shall all sprout again, for "as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.  But every man in his own order..." (1 Cor 15:22-23)  How this creation needs that scent of water -- that living water of His life.  And we rejoice to know that God is preparing those vessels, through whom shall flow "Rivers of living water," to bring His life to a weary, dry groaning creation.

....."There is hope, there is an expectation, not for the renewing or reviving of the old tree, but of that NEW GROWTH, a new life that shall spring forth out of the old stump."

Hope for EVERY tree  (Job 14:7,9)

goodreport

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »
from Tentmaker Forum, Eaglesway on "Unbelief=sin of the world" 10/24/12

"The message of the gospel is, 'God has saved the world, believe it.' "

"I rejoice that God has called me to participate in the salvation of all, to offer hope to the downtrodden, to warn the wicked in love and humility, knowing that they are all appointed to salvation in HIS time."

goodreport

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »
Thank you Jabcat, I've been hunting for a quotable quote

from Jabcat Tentmaker Forum 11/4/12

...although a true believer will follow in Jesus' footsteps, that's not what the scriptures say makes one spiritually reborn, which Jesus said must occur before one can enter the kingdom.  I believe the scriptures teach that it is not by the Law, or not by works, not by effort to do good deeds, including what we may imagine as "following Jesus' footsteps".  Following Him is an act of obedience as the indwelling Holy Spirit empowers us to do so, after we're spiritually reborn and infilled.  Salvation is through the gift of grace through faith in Yeshua and His finished work on the cross.  That happens when the Holy Spirit convicts us of our need for the Savior and gives us faith and strength to believe on His Name as our Savior."