Author Topic: I still go to church, do you?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Caffus

• Full
Re: I still go to church, do you?
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2015, 11:37:44 PM »
Ya...Im gonna buy a Youngs Literal soon. I know only the Holy Spirit can open someones eyes. I can't convince anyone on my own, no matter what I do.  So I must follow His lead. My sister inlaw posted something on FB from Chan about hell bringing out the glory of Heaven.  Then I posted,  If we wish to follow Jesus, we need to love others as ourselves and love even our enemies. That wont change after we die.  So, now Im praying for her.   :dsunny:

Offline Tom

• Bronze
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2015, 12:08:57 AM »
I switched to Young's Literal Translation when I became aware of the inaccuracies of the King James Version, but then later I became aware of some inaccuracies that Young's Literal Translation shares with the King James Version. That's when I found the Concordant Version, and I've been reading it ever since. You don't have to buy it. Here's a link to the free PDF files.

http://concordant.org/online/index.html

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2015, 04:25:38 AM »
Thank you, Tom I have the lovewins Bible site bookmarked on my phone.  I think it has both.  I just would like a paper one as well.  I geuss I'm old school like that. Lol

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2015, 07:11:14 AM »
Thank you, Tom I have the lovewins Bible site bookmarked on my phone.  I think it has both.  I just would like a paper one as well.  I geuss I'm old school like that. Lol

"Old school" is handwritten on sheepskin or vellum, maybe even papyrus.  :thumbsup:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2015, 08:11:17 PM »
Ok..Im not THAT old! Lol :LH:

Offline Psalm91:4

• Full
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »
I wonder if there was a physical place set apart for UR believers to gather if anybody would come?

Thinking...."Field of Dreams"
"My idea of God is not a divine idea. It has to be
shattered time after time. He shatters it Himself. He is the great iconoclast. Could we not almost say that this shattering is one of the marks of His presence? The Incarnation is the supreme example; it leaves all previous ideas of the Messiah in ruins. And most are 'offended' by the iconoclasm; and blessed are those who are not."
-C.S. Lewis from his book  ---A Grief Observed---

• Full
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »
I like the youtube option...reading along with, or just listening to, the Concordant version...this one is Hebrews.

https://youtu.be/FVGiOp5duBA
shattered time after time. He shatters it Himself. He is the great iconoclast. Could we not almost say that this shattering is one of the marks of His presence? The Incarnation is the supreme example; it leaves all previous ideas of the Messiah in ruins. And most are 'offended' by the iconoclasm; and blessed are those who are not."

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2015, 10:44:57 PM »
 Becca had a big camp get togather years ago.I wasn't able to attend..but I heard all had enjoyed it.

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2015, 12:27:58 AM »
I would love it...so praying for my church and all of them  :Pray:  Unfortunately, I wont be able to go this Sunday. But my prayers with be.

• Full
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2015, 03:11:03 AM »
Becca had a big camp get togather years ago.I wasn't able to attend..but I heard all had enjoyed it.

Nice.    :)    That`s kind of what I have in mind too, sheila...some land with a camping area for those who prefer to rough it. Some cabins for those, like me, who would rather not rough it that much, a main room with kitchen/ computers/ livingroom to hang out and make music together....a place that would be open all year round for whoever wanted to be a part of it or just visit. 

:dsunny:

I just think it would be lovely to all be together for once face to face.   So Caffus....you`d come if such a place existed?  Then that`s 1 so far.  :)  yay!

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2015, 06:06:36 AM »
I'd love to...but I dont think Id be able too.  To meet with people I met online...no, I have a family to care for. Love camping though.  Would be great to sing praises under the stars.  I'm hoping my church sees the Light

• Full
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2015, 06:56:32 AM »
I understand.  It can seem quite risky to meet with people you only know online.

Personally, I am glad I took that risk twice now..and only because they were UR believers one time...quite a few at once.

Then another time I felt led to meet with a person who has a Christian website discussion board...not a UR believer...but a person who was actively fighting the evangel on his board.

I hope your church sees the light, too.  You have the truth with you, in you.   March on.   :)

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2015, 07:36:47 AM »
Actually, it's not that. I meet my husband online. It just wouldn't fit in my life right now. To many responsibilities. But we'll all meet in Heaven and I think we'll remember our chats.  :gimmefive:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2015, 10:41:23 AM »
I wonder if there was a physical place set apart for UR believers to gather if anybody would come?

Thinking...."Field of Dreams"

If we build it they will come :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. www.hellisamyth.com

• Full
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2015, 07:52:27 PM »
Man it's amazing what they can do nowadays!! For a second I was trying to figure out how Celine could've been that old when Elvis was that young...  :laughing7:

From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiSperfect intent?Paradise/perfection unbreakable?
    • Inner Monastery ~ A BloG
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2015, 03:27:48 AM »
My sister inlaw posted something on FB from Chan about hell bringing out the glory of Heaven.  Then I posted,  If we wish to follow Jesus, we need to love others as ourselves and love even our enemies. That wont change after we die.  So, now Im praying for her.   :dsunny:

I notice that quite often.. how believers, to me, seem to struggle with somehow trying to put a good face on the hell doctrine.. kinda sad.. tho praise the Lord, we know they will learn the liberating whole truth.. Even pastors (on the radio or such) I hear trying to 'defend' `hell` as being somehow something `good` :faint: I do not envy them that struggle in their heart..
Jesus is The Kingdom ~ If not for God's Great Plan of Salvation, all would perish.

.."in Christ all shall be made alive.. but each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those at His coming.. & then when He delivers the kingdom to the Father.." [Mt 13:33/1Cor 15:22-26]
 ~ The ancient fall holy days prophecy the long 2nd advent - Day of Atonement(DOA) as Day of Judgment
 ~ doa 4 the doa/2nd resurrection? :banana: :cheerleader:

Offline lastpost

• Est
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2015, 06:10:14 PM »
Call me misguided or even an antichrist, but the teachings of the Spirit implore the picking up ones cross and following Christ, always attempting to be His disciple, and if so-called failure should come, arising from ones knees, brushing off the dust, and carrying on until the obstacle is overcome.

The Saviour is indeed the Source of the Life which flows abundantly from the innermost of ones being. Christ's Way, I believe, is that the lost and the heedless are sought for and bound to God in Christ, so that when their time of trial comes, His cloak can cover them and bring them peace. To the heartbroken, the bringing of good news, the scattering of sorrow, darkness and grief, the holding up of the lantern of faith.

The simple trusting in Christ, the way of having faith in Him, the way of bringing understanding to those who do not know of the unending future towards which they head and in which they must account for missed opportunities - simple opportunities, sowing seeds every day with each footstep and not just in springtime, preparing the soil, the effort and toil - little things it may appear to the world, but these are the big things of God, whereas the big things lauded by the world are left to their own devices.

The Christ Way is the lowly heart, it is the patient striving in His Way, yet in that striving, never forgetting those who are too weak to help themselves - it is the desire to be more like Him, to be purer, to be firmer, to be stronger, and to be still more loving, for only those who love can enter into the Realms which are Spirit.

The simple words of the Master Christ have not changed, although the times may have changed, but they have been construed and misconstrued so that man may find excuse for himself to be of the world.

When the one beaten by the world wonders where God is, they can be told in a faith which is perfect and with an understanding that is complete, that God in Christ is with them in their joys and in their sorrows, He is with them in their pains and in their freedom, He is with them in their greatness and in their weakness - they can be told that the One who made them will never let them go - never, never, never let them go.

Rest in action
Peace in Rest
"A few drops of blood renew the whole world, and become for all men that which rennet is for milk, uniting and drawing us into one". "Christ is like leaven for the entire mass, and having made that which was damned one with himself, frees the whole from damnation".

Gregory of Nazianzu

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »
 :goodpost:   :2thumbs: :HeartThrob:

There are  no words to describe      the joy unspeakable and full of glory   to GOD our savior
 It is just "a knowing it"   that satisfies  the unshakable,    fulling   the  void within       :dsunny:
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »
Call me misguided or even an antichrist,

?

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2015, 09:20:39 PM »
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2015, 09:32:29 PM »

HERETICS ,

a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.
synonyms: dissenter nonconformist apostate freethinker iconoclast

antichrist  or    misguided  , is what UR folks are called,   some times by the   Et'ers and  ED'ists   groups  ,  saying " We believe the lie"  :sigh:
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline lastpost

• Est
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2015, 11:45:42 PM »
Dear friends,

I know some have had bad experiences in churches and may not thank me for the following (although our peaceful sanctuary is unlike most churches I believe you refer to).

On the first Sunday of the month our very small gathering shares bread and blackcurrant juice in remembrance of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is never forced on anyone, it cannot be. But I truly believe that a special blessing and connection with the Heart of the compassionate Christ always occurs, for it is a law of Love.

Tonight, I felt the very real Presence of the Master Christ, I also saw Him inside my mind when my eyes were closed. Oh dear people, how can anyone describe the Divine Beauty of the Christ in the flesh, it cannot be done, but it is no wonder that those early ones loved Him with a love that carried them through the hardest and most treacherous times.

As I have spent quite a bit of time here lately, I also felt that some of you were 'there' in spirit - or perhaps I was 'here' in spirit, space makes no difference to emancipated spirits.

God is indeed Love, and when He is seen, it is an education in itself concerning the God whom is adored by myriads of angels glorifying His Name with the deepest reverence.

+
"A few drops of blood renew the whole world, and become for all men that which rennet is for milk, uniting and drawing us into one". "Christ is like leaven for the entire mass, and having made that which was damned one with himself, frees the whole from damnation".

Gregory of Nazianzu