Author Topic: Our adversary  (Read 157 times)

Offline Caffus

• Full
Our adversary
« on: May 27, 2015, 11:32:17 PM »
I think he was trying to confuse me with this veres. John 13:35 By this all men will know you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." Do all men know I'm Christ's? No actually less people think so, now that I don't believe in hell.  So, if that's not true, maybe the other verses supporting UR don't really mean all either! This thoughts were disturbing. Then....I prayed about it. The veres says WIll know...it doesn't mean right now! I know I'm His..I know His Spirit lives in my heart and it is by Him I'm able to love like I do.  That devil just wants to bug us, rob our joy ect as much and for as long as he can.

Offline Tom

• Bronze
Re: Our adversary
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:52:23 PM »
I think all who know that God is love, and know you, know that you are Christ's. There's no reason to doubt universal reconciliation because it is clearly stated in scripture.

"through Him to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through Him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens" (Colossians 1:20)

"The earth" and "the heavens" means the whole universe, and it will all be reconciled to God. The only reason you doubt that is because of the strong influence of orthodox theology. Forget about that, and believe the word of God.

"For such are false apostles, fraudulent workers, being transfigured into apostles of Christ. And no marvel, for Satan himself is being transfigured into a messenger of light. It is no great thing, then, if his servants also are being transfigured as dispensers of righteousness--whose consummation shall be according to their acts." (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6,7)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:56:07 PM by Tom »

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:10:33 AM »
Yes, I know Tom....it was just ridiculous. A nagging , like trying to get me to doubt. But I didn't...he should give up already!  :gimmefive:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:38:01 AM »
 yep,oldest trick in the book,Caffus. Genesis 3;1  'did God REALLY SAY..you must not eat of any trees of the garden?"

the serpent is more subtil[subtle]then any beast of the field.

subtle=capable of noticing or making fine distinctions in meaning.  for this reason He says we must be as wise as serpents,yet

innocent as doves.  :girlheart:

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 05:46:39 AM »
 :dsunny: :HeartThrob:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 02:28:15 PM »

Amen

1John 3 13Do not be surprised, brethren, if the world hates you.

14We know that we have passed out of death into life,

because we love the brethren.

He who does not love abides in death.

15  Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer;

and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
Now, Caffus, if you encounter lack of Christian love, intolerance, hate, and condemnation, you know the ultimate source.  :punish: :eek: :punish:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:06:17 AM »
 :iagree: and in return with His help will give them love..believing we are all but clay in our Wise Potters hands  :friendstu:

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:27:46 AM »
Every once in a while, no every minute......look to and within your SELF.....the adversary is present. :HeartThrob: He Is Risen! :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Caffus

• Full
« Reply #9 on: Today at 07:52:14 AM »
Our Savoir is present   :Pray: :HeartThrob: