Author Topic: Redressing the Balance  (Read 86 times)

Offline lastpost

• Snr
Redressing the Balance
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »
Today I paid a couple of hundred pounds to have a notice appear in the newspaper on Good Friday (there is no price to be put on loving He who is LOVE). This is for various reasons, one of which is that I have noticed a lot more derision for Christ lately in the paper and it was necessary to redress the balance. Also, people should be allowed to know that they can simply love Jesus!...

An extract from: "The Link Between Easter And Harvest Time" given by the Unnamed Scribe on Sunday, April 5th, 1942.

"Spirit Communion was ordained by God so that you might learn, so that you might have sufficient discrimination not to be deceived by earthly reasoning or by the earthly aspect of things, so that you could bring light to those in darkness.

"What of you who think you are nearing your Easter Day - these are numbered amongst those who have had a fierce blow yet were determined to hold fast to Christ. Think of the Master's words: "I THIRST!' The Master thirsted for the love of humanity. The bodily agony was as naught in comparison with the desire for the sweet spray of love to pour upon Him.

"But there were only the few. The others mocked and derided, and the burning pain of unrequited love scorched His tender Heart: 'I THIRST!'

"When you are in trouble, when it feels that life has been unfair, remember the words of Christ: 'I THIRST', and give Him the sweet spray of your understanding love."

« Last Edit: Today at 12:09:54 AM by lastpost »
"A few drops of blood renew the whole world, and become for all men that which rennet is for milk, uniting and drawing us into one". "Christ is like leaven for the entire mass, and having made that which was damned one with himself, frees the whole from damnation".

Gregory of Nazianzu