Author Topic: Jesus receiving the Holy Spirit without measure  (Read 374 times)

Offline rosered

• Gold
Jesus receiving the Holy Spirit without measure
« on: October 01, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »

Hi I was wondering about    Jesus  as  our  Savior     and    atonement  and perfect    example      in the  gospels   

His birth    of     being conceived of the Holy Spirit    and also explaining it   to Nicodemus in John 4      Of how everyone born of the Spirit

I did wonder if this is   only in the new testament and were the prophets  of Old born of the Spririt also ?   I do not think so   because they were moved but not born  of it , this was God     doing His strange act ?    By the new  and open   showing A Cornerstone in Zion   Jesus Christ coming to earth and dwell with men   making them the      Holy   temple of which you are  , by Jesus being the    Holy and Only foundation to build upon   and  so very  much more than this     
  Why He had to go away that the Comforter would come     

(1 Corinthians 3:10-15; 1 Peter 2:4-12)

14Therefore, hear a word of Jehovah, ye men of scorning, Ruling this people that [is] in Jerusalem.

15Because ye have said: 'We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we have made a provision, An overflowing scourge, when it passeth over, Doth not meet us, Though we have made a lie our refuge, And in falsehood have been hidden.'

16Therefore, thus said the Lord Jehovah: 'Lo, I am laying a foundation in Zion, A stone — a tried stone, a corner stone precious, a settled foundation, He who is believing doth not make haste.

17And I have put judgment for a line, And righteousness for a plummet, And sweep away doth hail the refuge of lies, And the secret hiding-place do waters overflow.

18And disannulled hath been your covenant with death, And your provision with Sheol doth not stand, An overflowing scourge, when it passeth over, Then ye have been to it for a treading-place.

19From the fulness of its passing over it taketh you, For morning by morning it passeth over, By day and by night, And it hath been only a trembling to consider the report.

20For shorter hath been the bed Than to stretch one's self out in, And the covering hath been narrower Than to wrap one's self up in.

21For as [at] mount Perazim rise doth Jehovah, As [at] the valley in Gibeon He is troubled, To do His work — strange [is] His work, And to do His deed — strange [is] His deed.'

22And now, show not yourselves scorners, Lest strong be your bands, For a consumption, that is determined, I have heard, by the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts, [Is] for all the land.

Very little is said of   this in the new testament           except by Peter       saying they   were moved    by the Holy Spirit   

2 Peter 1

…20But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, 21for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Jesus  was born       and conceived  of Holy Spirit      , but did not have the   Spirit without measure till the Baptism   
 I say this because of the       scriptures  that testify of how   the child Jesus   waxed strong   in Spirit

Luke 2:40-52

40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

41 Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.

42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.

I wonder if it was  during the baptism    that He received the   Spirit  without measure      to fulfill all righteousness  ?      , I ask this   because Jesus   was     distressed till it was done   to separate      and divide the dead from the living      , the hot and cold      so to speak    and fulfill all righteousness 

says both the Spirit of God and Spirit of Christ

A Living Hope
…10As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, 11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven-- things into which angels long to look.

this   verse
Luke 12   ;49 Not Peace, But Division
49"I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50"But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished!

Because its than the    the cloud   and Dove and VOICE OF GOD SAID    , THIS IS  MY BELOVED SON HEAR HIM !

11'I indeed do baptize you with water to reformation, but he who after me is coming is mightier than I, of whom I am not worthy to bear the sandals, he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire, 12whose fan [is] in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his floor, and will gather his wheat to the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.'

The Baptism of Jesus
(Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-22; John 1:29-34)

13Then cometh Jesus from Galilee upon the Jordan, unto John to be baptized by him,

14but John was forbidding him, saying, 'I have need by thee to be baptized — and thou dost come unto me!'

15But Jesus answering said to him, 'Suffer now, for thus it is becoming to us to fulfill all righteousness,' then he doth suffer him.

16And having been baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water, and lo, opened to him were the heavens, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him,

17and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, 'This is My Son — the Beloved, in whom I did delight.'

This is   so interesting to me right now ,. because        I wondered for  a long time how this all was done    and yet    never knew   the order nor reasons why   exactly ?

I know in order to  receive your inheritance   ,  one must die first      and that being  one of the   many mysteries and reasons       why   Jesus    died and rose  in 3 days     to fulfill the New Covenant Jesus  would    make it possible   for   mankind      to know and dwell   with  God  , His Spirit and Truth     within them
   while    here    by faith

This being one of the reasons   when Jesus returned    He only went to the ones     whom  knew Him already   as a human being    , and now we know Jesus Chrsit by the flesh no longer   , nor anyone born of the Spirit  of God  though Jesus Christ    , this regenerating   of the seed is Christ and     begin to make all things new and in order 

He could have appeared to all men at that time  perhaps  , but than faith  would not be    faith and being  born of faith  is a BIG PART of Being born again  and to be made a new creature in Christ . 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:51:28 PM by rosered »

Offline rosered

• Gold
Re: Jesus receiving the Holy Spirit without measure
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
  I corrected some of this they drank from the same spiritual rock Jesus   

I know Jesus   going away    though the baptism of death  CROSS     would bring   THE HOLY SPIRIT IN POWER   to those breathed upon

Romans 6 ;4Dead to Sin, Alive to God
…3Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
This is kind of relating to the begettin joke in the other thread. I know I'm going to catch some heat for this, but I think Jesus was talking to Nicodemus about Israel being begotten anew in the coming eon, but we in Christ are a new creation.

"So that, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: the primitive passed by. Lo! there has come new!" (2 Corinthians 5:127)

I realize...

"For whoever are baptized into Christ, put on Christ, in Whom there is no Jew nor yet Greek, there is no slave nor yet free, there is no male and female, for you all are one in Christ Jesus. Now if you are Christ's, consequently you are of Abraham's seed, enjoyers of the allotment according to the promise." (Galatians 3:27-29)

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is anything, but a new creation." (Galatians 6:15)

So there is no distinction "in Christ" between us and Jewish believers, but I think those in Israel who aren't "in Christ" are who was being referred to when Jesus spoke to Nicodemus about being begotten anew.

"We have found an unholy temple, an unspiritual priesthood, and now we are introduced to an ignorant teacher! Intense application to a single text book for a whole life had not taught him the elements of the truth! Nicodemus, however, was impressed with the Lord's works, little as he understood His words. Like the rest, he takes literally what is figurative. He should have known from Ezekiel, the prophet, that Israel could not enter the kingdom without a new spirit (Eze.36:26).
     Spiritual regeneration, the one imperative condition, apart from which the kingdom cannot be entered, is utterly beyond his erudition. All that he considered vital was physical relationship with the favored nation.
     The Lord did not give out regeneration as good news, but as bad news. This is not the gospel, even for the Circumcision. The evangel is always concerned with God and His Christ, never with man and his needs or efforts. Of the latter nothing good can be said, no evangel can be formulated. The new birth is not an evangel in any sense. It makes a demand he has no means of meeting.
     For one like Nicodemus, expecting to enter the kingdom by physical generation, it would be quite a blow to demand spiritual regeneration. Men are utterly helpless in regard to their physical generation. They can do no more to accomplish their spiritual regeneration. It is the sovereign work of God's spirit.
     Searching as the figure is, it does not probe nearly so deeply into human helplessness as the truth for the present economy of God's grace. Now, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation (2 Co.5:17). In spirit, we skip the era of the kingdom, the renascence, and enter the new creation, over a thousand years later. A new birth will fit them for a life on earth during the millennial eon. The new creation fits us for our celestial destiny. They will receive a rejuvenation of the faculties, we will be changed at the resurrection and receive powers and capacities far beyond our present possibilities. Regeneration keeps company with repentance and baptism. The new creation accompanies the dispensation of the conciliation (2Co.5:18)." (Concordant Commentary pg.143)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:57:52 PM by Tom »

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:11:43 PM »
Col. 1:19 For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Eph 4 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore having been exalted [ag]to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:16:40 PM »
This is kind of relating to the begettin joke. I know I'm going to catch some heat for this, but I think Jesus was talking to Nicodemus about Israel being begotten anew in the coming eon, but we in Christ are a new creation.

"So that, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: the primitive passed by. Lo! there has come new!" (2 Corinthians 5:127)

I realize...

"For whoever are baptized into Christ, put on Christ, in Whom there is no Jew nor yet Greek, there is no slave nor yet free, there is no male and female, for you all are one in Christ Jesus. Now if you are Christ's, consequently you are of Abraham's seed, enjoyers of the allotment according to the promise." (Galatians 3:27-29)

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is anything, but a new creation." (Galatians 6:15)

So there is no distinction "in Christ" between us and Jewish believers, but I think those in Israel who aren't "in Christ" are who was being referred to when Jesus spoke to Nicodemus about being begotten anew.

"We have found an unholy temple, an unspiritual priesthood, and now we are introduced to an ignorant teacher! Intense application to a single text book for a whole life had not taught him the elements of the truth! Nicodemus, however, was impressed with the Lord's works, little as he understood His words. Like the rest, he takes literally what is figurative. He should have known from Ezekiel, the prophet, that Israel could not enter the kingdom without a new spirit (Eze.36:26).
     Spiritual regeneration, the one imperative condition, apart from which the kingdom cannot be entered, is utterly beyond his erudition. All that he considered vital was physical relationship with the favored nation.
     The Lord did not give out regeneration as good news, but as bad news. This is not the gospel, even for the Circumcision. The evangel is always concerned with God and His Christ, never with man and his needs or efforts. Of the latter nothing good can be said, no evangel can be formulated. The new birth is not an evangel in any sense. It makes a demand he has no means of meeting.
     For one like Nicodemus, expecting to enter the kingdom by physical generation, it would be quite a blow to demand spiritual regeneration. Men are utterly helpless in regard to their physical generation. They can do no more to accomplish their spiritual regeneration. It is the sovereign work of God's spirit.
     Searching as the figure is, it does not probe nearly so deeply into human helplessness as the truth for the present economy of God's grace. Now, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation (2 Co.5:17). In spirit, we skip the era of the kingdom, the renascence, and enter the new creation, over a thousand years later. A new birth will fit them for a life on earth during the millennial eon. The new creation fits us for our celestial destiny. They will receive a rejuvenation of the faculties, we will be changed at the resurrection and receive powers and capacities far beyond our present possibilities. Regeneration keeps company with repentance and baptism. The new creation accompanies the dispensation of the conciliation (2Co.5:18)." (Concordant Commentary pg.143)

1 Pet 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you

I think we have been born again by the word implanted, and the new creation we are becoming is growing, first the shoot then the stalk....unto the full head of grain(eonian life) because of what we have already received in the new birth.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:53:47 PM »
I realize that's the common understanding. That's why I said I knew I'd catch heat for saying what I did. I used to believe the same thing. I don't think it's something for fellow believers to get upset about though because I think we're going to disagree about various interpretations of scripture once in awhile. What we agree on is the death, entombment, and resurrection of Christ which is basic to our faith, and some have even been given the revelation of universal reconciliation. We're all family though, and families are going to have their disagreements. God bless you, bro. 

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:04:55 PM »
PS: I just think we should agree to disagree on certain things because we all have our own perspective according to how we interpret scripture, and we should concentrate on what we agree on.   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:19:56 PM by Tom »

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 10:10:37 PM »
One of the things I heard from the New Testament classes I audited was that there was a diversity of opinion about various things among early believers, and it really can't be said that Christianity was just one doctrine. It seems that has continued throughout history despite the fact that the church accused those who disagreed with its doctrine of heresy. I think it is the church that doesn't conform to scripture though. Even those who believe scripture use various translations and have different interpretations. I think we're all supposed to love each other even though we don't agree on everything because we're all really one in spirit with Christ and the Father. I think we're all chosen to be ambassadors for Christ to those who need to be conciliated with God. Universal reconciliation is something it seems most believers are unaware of because of the doctrine they've been taught in the church. So we get a hard time from believers and unbelievers, but, as long as we share the truth in love, folks will be blessed whether they realize it or not. I just read online, according to the Jehovah Witnesses, Satan and his demons were cast down to earth from heaven 100 years ago today. How's that for a unique interpretation of scripture? I had to laugh when I read that because I've been accused of being a Jehovah Witness online.

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 10:56:35 PM »
Christ said we would be known by our love for one another (John 13:35). Some of us talked about peace and love back in the sixties, but I don't think some really understood the true source of that. Legal reefer came too late for me, but now I know you don't need it or any other enchantment to experience peace and love. It's not a matter of altered perception. It's a matter of faith. That's why I'm not concerned with debating various issues pertaining to scripture interpretation. I just enjoy being in the body of Christ because I know, even though we don't agree on everything, we really are all a family of loving living souls. 

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »

Hi,     

Back from visiting my grandson & daughter   come  to see us . :HeartThrob:

Thanks    Tom and Eaglesway /John

I am sorry Tom I read this but do not understand it  :mblush:   

I need to read it  slowly and  more completely

I always felt  the   twelve tribes of Israel are  being judged right now ?

Because Jesus is  sitting on His Throne now  at the right hand of the Father  ?

Matt 19   And Jesus said to them, 'Verily I say to you, that ye who did follow me, in the regeneration, when the Son of Man may sit upon a throne of his glory, shall sit -- ye also -- upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel;

some agree its now in the  new realm      that is going on was we speak   and some say   it is yet to appear

I dont    really    know exactly , But  my  faith as it   as its truth  now   and the regeneration is     happening   graves opened

I Agree John that       when He   rose  up and    is the first-fruits of those who slept   Matt  27 ;52

King James Bible
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Holman Christian Standard Bible
The tombs were also opened and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.

International Standard Version
tombs were opened, and many saints who had died were brought back to life.

NET Bible
And tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had died were raised.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Tombs were opened, and many bodies of the Saints who were sleeping arose.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The tombs were opened, and the bodies of many holy people who had died came back to life.

Jubilee Bible 2000
and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who slept arose

King James 2000 Bible
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints that slept arose,

American King James Version
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

American Standard Version
and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints that had fallen asleep were raised;

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that had slept arose,

Darby Bible Translation
and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints fallen asleep arose,

English Revised Version
and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints that had fallen asleep were raised;

Webster's Bible Translation
And the graves were opened, and many bodies of saints who slept, arose,

Weymouth New Testament
the tombs opened; and many of God's people who were asleep in death awoke.

World English Bible
The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

Young's Literal Translation
and the tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who have fallen asleep, arose,

and Is now the Lord of the dead and the living   and Judging His  House      as the seals are opening

I did   not realize that  this subject was   so  varied  different from one another  ? :mblush:

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:08:09 AM »
I think folks resurrected back then all died again. There's a difference between being resurrected and vivified or immortalized. Only Christ has been immortalized so far (1 Timothy 6:16). Believers are next when Christ meets us in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17), and unbelievers will be vivified at the consummation of the eons when death is abolished (1 Corinthians 15:26). Most believers think, when you die, you go right to heaven or hell because the church adopted Plato's philosophy of immortality of the soul, but scripture says souls die (Ezekiel 18:4,20). That lie originally came from the serpent in the garden (Genesis 3:4). I think the judging of the twelve tribes of Israel will happen in the renascence or regeneration in the future because those to whom Christ spoke are dead now.

"Yet Jesus said to them, "Verily, I am saying to you, that you who follow Me, in the renascence whenever the Son of Mankind should be seated on the throne of His glory, you also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."" (Matthew 19:28)

The same Greek word "paliggenesias" used for renascence there is used again in Titus though.

"Yet when the kindness and fondness for humanity of our Saviour, God, made its advent, not for works which are wrought in righteousness which we do, but according to His mercy, He saves us, through the bath of renascence and renewal of holy spirit, which He pours out on us richly through Jesus Christ, our Saviour, that, being justified in that One's grace, we may be becoming enjoyers, in expectation, of the allotment of life eonian." (Titus 3:5-7)

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:43:24 AM »
The Greek "dei humas(P) gennethenai anothen" in John 3:7 is translated as "Ye must be born again"(KJV), "It behoveth you to be born from above"(YLT), and "You(plural) must be begotten anew"(CLV).

The Greek "anagennesas hemas" in 1 Peter 1:3 is translated as "begotten us again"(KJV), "beget us again"(YLT), and "regenerates us"(CLV). I do not see the Greek "anothen" used in John 3:7 translated as "again" or "anew" in this verse.   

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: Today at 01:23:29 AM »

Hi I just see those as still     under the slavery of  the Law of Moses    or    "eating  of  " the tree of Knowledge of good and evil....  and yet to   come to   Christ

I  do see those   set free   in Christ as    new creatures  in Him   and   "eating of  " the    the Tree of Life

So we do   have a different   aspect   on   them things  :Peace2:  no worries     though 

I am  alright   with it    though ,  God bless   Tom

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #13 on: Today at 01:38:47 AM »
I agree about those in Israel "yet to come to Christ" because I think a day will come when they can't deny him anymore when he shows up again. God bless you too, sis.

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • HiS perfect intent? Besides paradise & perfection?
    • what I write
« Reply #14 on: Today at 03:48:13 AM »
I agree about those in Israel "yet to come to Christ" because I think a day will come when they can't deny him anymore when he shows up again. God bless you too, sis.

just a note.. on how Jesus said about/to Israel (Jerusalem) "You shall not see me again until you say 'blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD." and I think this is why Rev 12:17 is Israel, and also Paul saying "if their" (Israel's) "falling away was salvation, what shall their gathering in be but life from the dead?" - which of course correlates to verses in Thessalonians chapter 4.. "those who are alive and remain at His return will not preceed those asleep in Christ, but the dead in Christ will rise first and then those still alive and remaining believers, will meet them in the sir at His return and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (then Zech 14:4, His feet touch down on Mt of Olives.."

..and I guess I believe all "must be born again" and that puts us "in Christ" and is how "all things in heaven and earth" will be "gathered into Jesus"... I'm not sure I'm understanding the other stances if it was other stances being expressed in this thread :smile: I don't think I was following (understanding)..
« Last Edit: Today at 03:51:15 AM by marie glen »
- Is it written? no repentance after death? if resurrected still in ones sins (2nd Resurrection) will be weeping and wailing? Holy Days - Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles prophecy the three peaks of His long 2nd advent? Is weeping & wailing the beginning of the redemptive process?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
- "...aLL things new" Rev21:5 "A new heavens and a new earth" Rev 21:1 - Is 11:7 Micah 4:4 Is 30:25
http://www.bubblews.com/news/8343073-sinead-o039connor-singing-psalms

Offline Tom

• Full
« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:02:59 AM »
I'm sorry if I caused any confusion Marie.

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
    • what I write
« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:14:13 AM »

He could have appeared to all men at that time  perhaps  , but than faith  would not be    faith and being  born of faith  is a BIG PART of Being born again  and to be made a new creature in Christ . 
 [/b]

I think faith (trust) is part of the lesson..

It's my belief our heavenly Father is still creating mankind.. not done creating yet.. And that He could see all possibilities stretched out before Him before He did one act of creation, and that He then chose every way He has done things and chosen, in order to bring about the very best of all possibilities..

Why did He wait so long and only create the universe and man and woman not only after the first (bound to occur) rebel thought occurred but after it had matured into outright rebellion, trickery and sedition??
 - i think so we all.. angel and man, would take this unavoidable journey/lesson, together all at once and for all eternity of the eternities.. Unavoidable that is, if there's to be thinking ability / rational creatures..

For with thinking ability, sooner or later comes the ability to make choices (albeit very limited). But I think God is both life and perfection, so to choose anything other than what He does in any teeny way is to become imperfect, the opposite of life, and thus all things fade.. (except He, who iS perfect).

But what was His other option? No rational creatures? ...ever?

At the confusing of the languages and scattering of the ethnicities at Babble Tower.. God said (to the Son I presume) "see they are all one" (working together) "and soon nothing will be impossible to them, let us go down therefor and confuse their languages so they will leave off from this building of the tower"... it's my belief that was a way of saying.. everything would progress too fast, self destruction by mankind would occur way before any thing had been proven..

Father and Son could step in, and could have stepped in, at any time and miraculously turned all around.. but perhaps there is something they want to prove beyond a doubt to all hearts and minds for all ages..

And also, I believe He could see all 'souls' which would be born and live, and had it all been stopped sooner (than it would by its natural conclusion).. say even a hundred years ago, where would you and I be? ..And He loves you and I! :smile: (imperfect tho we now still be). His patience is totally mind blowing..!
- Is it written? no repentance after death? if resurrected still in ones sins (2nd Resurrection) will be weeping and wailing? Holy Days - Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles prophecy the three peaks of His long 2nd advent? Is weeping & wailing the beginning of the redemptive process?
- "...aLL things new" Rev21:5 "A new heavens and a new earth" Rev 21:1 - Is 11:7 Micah 4:4 Is 30:25

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
    • what I write
« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:15:25 AM »
I'm sorry if I caused any confusion Marie.

No problem Tom! It's totally not too hard to do!  :laughing7: :laughing7: The Lord bless! :smile:

Offline joeteekay

• Snr
« Reply #18 on: Today at 05:11:38 AM »
I think folks resurrected back then all died again. There's a difference between being resurrected and vivified or immortalized. Only Christ has been immortalized so far (1 Timothy 6:16). Believers are next when Christ meets us in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17), and unbelievers will be vivified at the consummation of the eons when death is abolished (1 Corinthians 15:26).

I agree Tom.

:thumbsup:
Joe from Ottawa

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #19 on: Today at 05:39:06 AM »
Altho I dont neccessarily disagree with your post, it is pretty clear to me 1 Tim 6:16 is speaking of the Father. Jesus has been seen, after His glorification. It is YHWH who "alone is immortal and dwells in unapproachable light". Jesus died, He is the first fruits from the dead. He is not qualified(imo) for the description who is alone is immortal", Jesus died and was raised from the dead, resurrected by the Spirit of holiness, the same Spirit that will "quicken our mortal bodies".

I would like to see a little contextual and linguistic evidence for the distinction between "resurrected" and "vivified". I am not sure that distinction is sustainable across the New Testament usage of anastasis (resurrection).