Author Topic: Preparing a GREAT SACRIFice  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Redlettervoice

Preparing a GREAT SACRIFice
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »
Here is a conversation I had on another forum. This first section was
written by someone else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Old Testament may be viewed as the preparation of a meal. It culminates with the meal itself and the eating of the food.

Jesus, himself, is the food which was in preparation. That is why it is written that he fulfilled the law, or recipe.

The Old Testament God focuses on Mother/cook. She demands quality ingredients and strict adherence to her recipe.

Following the meal there is a change of focus.

The New Testament God shifts attention from mother/kitchen/serving/eating to appreciation for the result of her labor.

Father has the attention and he extols the wonderful food, Jesus, and the benefits it provides to the body.

Thus you may understand the significance of the "last supper". It marks the point where the cooking is finished and enjoyment/digestion/benefit begins
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

RLV now:

It was the "last" time HE would partake in that which He was "destroying"
for LIFE was taking over!

Just heard a song in my heart..........

A cool flowing river,
A river with no end,
A cool flowing river
The Lord did go to send

And from the throne of David
He sends it every time
A cool flowing river
And it's yours and it is mine

Be still and know that He is God
He ruleth over all
The things that look so crooked
Will "In HIM" appear as small

A child will play upon the hole
The crooked asp will too
The mindset of the Father
Will be given me and YOU

And He shall never want a MAN to sit on the Throne of David

And I John saw a "river" proceeding.................beginning to flow.........out of the Throne
of God......etc.

Offline Raggedy Anne

Re: Preparing a GREAT SACRIFice
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »
Redlettervoice,

I just read this today and decided it could be a good place to post a link to a video
I just watched on Climate Change (something we're really uncertain about)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ&feature=player_embedded

If you think about the Last Supper as a PATTERN for the body of Christ - it was eaten before Jesus went to the cross and before the destruction of Jerusalem.   When I think about the corporate body of Christ (made of many members) - then I have to ask myself if that body has been prepared to be the living sacrifice in the age of Tabernacles, and I have a very apocalyptic outlook, perhaps because my personal eschatology is not like that of the Dominionists view which seems to be that "we will restore things" while in our mortal bodies.   

Anyhow, I think about this stuff a lot, and maybe I'm just somehow blind to some things that others see or at least think they see that I don't.   
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »
The global warming scam has been disproved by science.  Somebody actually replaced scare tactics with data.  God's wonderful earth is self regulating.  We don't have to pay algore to run the universe, after all.

Carbon Dioxide irrelevant in climate debate says MIT Scientist
August 18, 7:39 AMPortland Civil Rights ExaminerDianna Cotter

In a study sure to ruffle the feathers of the Global Warming cabal, Professor Richard Lindzen of MIT has published a paper which proves that IPCC models are overstating by 6 times, the relevance of CO2 in Earth's Atmosphere. Dr. Lindzen has found that heat is radiated out in to space at a far higher rate than any modeling system to date can account for.

Editorial: The science is in. the scare is out. Recent papers and data give a complete picture of why the UN is wrong.

The pdf file located at the link above from the Science and Public Policy Institute has absolutely, convincingly, and irrefutably proven the theory of Anthropogenic Global Warming to be completely false.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7715-Portland-Civil-Rights-Examiner~y2009m8d18-Carbon-Dioxide-irrelevant-in-climate-debate-says-MIT-Scientist

But I love that word, 'Dominionists.'  Did you coin that word, Anne?  If there is not such a group already, maybe we could start one.

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

--Gen 1

Jesus went to the cross so we could live.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:17:03 PM by Molly »

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Molly,

Please refrain from jumping into my threads.  You are being rude and if the moderators do not make you stop it, I will not post here again. 
It is just stupid for you to claim to KNOW whether or not global warming is real.  You are arrogant.

Anne

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »

to consume all things into Himself / Life
  wow what a  concept sis ! Its a big one to" digest "

Luk 14:16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:  And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 

Luk 14:18   And they all with one [consent] began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 

Luk 14:19   And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 

Luk 14:20   And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 

Luk 14:21   So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 

Luk 14:22   And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 

Luk 14:23   And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel [them] to come in, that my house may be filled. 

Luk 14:24   For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper. 

I have heard this was the  cutting off Israel   so the "time of the  fulness of the gentiles"' could  also come in

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 
That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all [men, both] free and bond, both small and great. 

Rev 19:19   And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 

Rev 19:20   And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 

Rev 19:21   And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which [sword] proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. 
  when the angel stands in the SUN sis ! 
 nothing new under the sun
  , this is when the Voice of Him we hear..........

all things become  consumed  within Himself ..  :HeartThrob:

Thanks for posting,  miss your contributions  Red Letter  , sis   :HeartThrob:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 05:58:16 PM »
Quote from: Anne
It is just stupid for you to claim to KNOW whether or not global warming is real.  You are arrogant.

Global warming has been proven to be 'absolutely, convincingly, and irrefutably...false" by science.   Did you read the paper out of MIT?

I don't have to know anything other than that--although it was never lost on me that algore is a politician, not a scientist, whose desires include a world govt that would tax all the western countries including ours into extinction with their 'climate debt' tax credits.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »
Molly,

As it happens, I have a daughter in her senior year at MIT.  There are MANY studies and papers and opinions out of MIT.  For those who are wondering, go Google MIT on Climate Change and see how many results you get. 

Enough of you.  This thread was never intended to be about a debate on Climate Change.

Here, Molly is an article that might really do you some good:
http://cyber-church.com/khandie/FleeFromStrifeAndDivision.htm

BTW, I really doubt your real name is Molly.  Could it be Alice?  I would not be surprised.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
Can we keep specifically to the theme of the thread Plz..Climate,\political debates can be started on another thread ...Ive already SPLIT one thread...Ty for your cooperation

And Anne..Plz resist the temptation to call ANYONE arrogant ..

The mods will  NOT tolerate this Much longer....lets keep our personal opinions to ourselves PLZ

Taffy ,Unfortunately with His Mod hat on again, which gathered dust for many a month until recently

:icon_flower:

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 01:22:33 AM »
Well Taf, with your mod hat on, I'll say this.  I'm reminded that it's actually against forum guidelines to publically question moderator decisions.  Doing so technically warrants a 2 week ban.  Because we may get annoyed at someone, doesn't necessarily mean they are breaking board rules, OR that they haven't been admonished privately.  Let's all please remember to take those things to PM. Thanks.  James.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:43:10 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 01:51:49 AM »
Quote from: Redlettervoice
The Old Testament may be viewed as the preparation of a meal. It culminates with the meal itself and the eating of the food.

Jesus, himself, is the food which was in preparation. That is why it is written that he fulfilled the law, or recipe.
RLV,

Getting back to the eating of the meal... it appears to be a pattern throughout the scriptures even in the book of Revelation with the Great Feast which Sheila has recently posted a thread about:

http://www.tentmaker.org/forum/index.php?topic=7260.0

I see this pattern occurring and continuing until the Consummation of All Things when God is All in All.   My question is essentially, are we (the body of Christ) being prepared as a sacrificial lamb?  Wouldn't it be required (after the pattern of things) that the firstfruits/sons of God be willing to offer themselves as a living sacrifice as fellow workers for the salvation of the whole world.   Jesus inheritance is the saints, and our inheritance being the nations/peoples.   I've contemplated that many times, but I'm not sure if I see it rightly.   There are qualifications for being in the company of firstfruits, qualifications that I only see rarely in my brothers and sisters.  But only God can judge rightly and only God can enlighten with truth.  I think this is the reason Paul spoke of being disqualified to receive the prize.  I don't think he was warning about the loss of salvation, but the loss of our birthright or our place in Christ.  Perhaps this could be compared to graduating at the top of one's class or just graduating by the skin of one's teeth with no decorations and adornments of honor on one's robe.

Anne
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:55:10 AM by Raggedy Anne »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 01:52:59 AM »
Hi Anne.  Please check your PMs.  James.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 02:46:33 AM »
 :cloud9: Per your post Anne, yes that's the way I've seen it, too. Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »

OK, to Anne ........No, "we" are not getting ready to be a "sacrificial"
lamb,

but

we are getting ready to "understand" the one and only Sacrifical
Lamb like we never have before.........

what he accomplished........that we've never learned.......but when
we learn it, ah-ha!!

we shall have a FEAST!

That's the MEAL that's on the stove.

It's a FEAST of HIMSELF "given" by HIS GRACE that abounds much

more........

Remember when Jesus was coming into His Own Feast, He said
"who'll come?"  And one said, "Oh, I can't come, I gotta do this
or that" and another said "Me too."  So they missed the feast He
had and He just started inviting whoever was in the highway.

Because this is the KING of LIFE, not death!

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »
Card and Carlene -

Thanks for giving me what you think about this.  I don't see it like RLV (but that's okay, cuz I'm not sure if what I'm trying to express is getting across or if it is accurate).  I'm encouraged to have one of you say they see it that way, but I still don't know if I understand what I'm trying to express about us being the body of sacrifice. 

I need to search and study and wait for God to show me more.

:HeartThrob: Anne

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 05:23:33 PM »

Well, Anne, Abraham didn't understand about that sacrificing stuff
either,

til

the 3rd day'

when he was tried by God and willing and went up to sacrifice his own
son.......

Jesus said, If it's me you are looking for, let these go.

He gave HIS LIFE for you.

The sacrifice has been made.......the complete truth of it is in the blood eternally flowing from the throne .....bringing us to the
consciousness of God only, we just aren't there yet.

But realizing that, I mean, really realizing it, will be a feast.

Haven't you ever had God to turn a word to rayma for you?
Makes it all alive.

He is the Living WORD..........

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »

either,

til

the 3rd day'

son.......

The sacrifice has been made.......the complete truth of it is in the blood eternally flowing from the throne .....bringing us to the

Makes it all alive.

Hey Redletter -

Yes, I have had God turn many words to Rhema for me.   

In what way do you suppose we are to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice and not love our lives unto death. 
Do you think this means actually submitting to obedience even unto death (I mean literal physical death, not just
death to our carnal minds)???

I think we seem to walk past each other whenever I attempt to discuss this thing because a lot of people have
become convinced that they will never die physically.  Aren't we supposed to NOT fear death? 

Anne

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »

either,

til

the 3rd day'

son.......

Makes it all alive.

Hey Redletter -

Yes, I have had God turn many words to Rhema for me.   

In what way do you suppose we are to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice and not love our lives unto death. 
Do you think this means actually submitting to obedience even unto death (I mean literal physical death, not just
death to our carnal minds)???

I think we seem to walk past each other whenever I attempt to discuss this thing because a lot of people have
become convinced that they will never die physically.  Aren't we supposed to NOT fear death? 

Anne

Well, you can discuss it with me. 

In the first place, I do not see "death" as CASKET death.  Of course
CASKET death comes "after" years of the kind I speak of,it has, because
of the curse passed down to every man, come to all men, but look at what I wrote
on the subject today on FB.........no body would respond to "me" either. Death is a realm of authority, rule, and "power" which apparently was "given" to "someone" when adam/eve did their thing.
It is a rule to be put UNDER.  Jesus put it all under His Feet, but now
"we" see not all things put under.

Now "who" do you think He gave that authority, rule, and power,
to?  He overcame as a human man, and said to his disciples "I now
have POWER over it all, over all things."
Looks to me like he stripped someone!!!

If we could see that and walk in it, we might not even NEED a new
body.  Maybe we would still have the one they had before their thing!

Study 1st Cor 15

24, 25, 26 verse.....

So we do need the "redemption of the BODY."

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 01:32:42 AM »
Carlene -

I don't think anyone sees their own CASKET death (a phrase which cracked me up) because they have already split the scene by then.
I'm sort of kidding there - but I just thought it was funny that you called it CASKET death.   Not everyone gets a casket you know  :laughing7:

My point was to try to discuss those who seem to believe that their mortal bodies will not die -- there are people who say that, and I don't get
what they really mean.   Nor do I think they know what they're talking about.

Anne, ...one foot in the grave, ...other foot in heaven .... head in the clouds....