Author Topic: preaching hellfire is a sin  (Read 1412 times)

Offline anti_nietzsche

• Est
preaching hellfire is a sin
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:40:25 AM »
Hellfire preaching usually hurts people and makes them afraid.

It is obedience to God to love people and not to cause fear or pain.

Since hellfire preaching causes fear and pain, it is sin.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Re: preaching hellfire is a sin
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »
The bible says that "Whatever is not done of/by the spirit is sin."
These misguided preachers are listening to what their denomination teaches
rather than listening to the spirit of God/Love.
Most I've talked to struggle with it. Some realize they are out of a job if they "buck the system" and preach doctrines contrary to that established by the "official" church.
I think most though preach what they were taught in seminary. We almost always make the wrong assumption that our teachers know more than we do concerning the subject being taught.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »
      THE HOUNDS OF HELL

THE HOUNDS OF HELL, HEAR THEIR BAY

OVER DISTANT FIELDS THEY LAY

LISTEN...AS THEY SEEK YOU OUT

WITH NOSTRILS FLARED ON THIER SNOUT

YOUR'E SCENT THEY'VE CAUGHT....THEY TURN YOUR WAY

TO SEEK YOU OUT....WHERE YOU LAY

THE HOUNDS OF HELL ARE BAYING.....

HEAR THE CALL OF THE PACK?

GROWLING THROAT...EARS LYING BACK

THE CITY GATE..LIES AHEAD...AND BECKONS WITH A GLOW....

A WARM EMBRACE AWAITS YOU THERE...

A FEAST...A SUMPTOUS MEAL

THE HOUNDS OF HELL ARE THWARTED....

AND QUICKLY TURN ON HEEL.

REV 22;15  OUTSIDE ARE THE DOGS, THOSE WHO PRACTICE MAJIC ARTS, THE SEXUALLY

IMMORAL, THE MURDERERS,THE IDOLATERS, AND EVERYONE WHO LOVES AND PRACTICES LIES

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »
Preaching hellfire is tickling the ears and following the customs of the gentiles.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »
 DID YOU EVER NOTICE HOW DOGS LIKE TO HAVE THEIR EARS STROKED?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:01:56 PM »
Yes, but not only dogs.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »
 :iagree: :laugh:

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
 :laughing7:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline fire walker

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 12:13:27 AM »
Quote from: WhiteWings  :link=topic=10680.msg142481#msg142481 date=1349881316
Yes, but not only dogs.

That is true, our cats that we now have like to have their ears stroked, and I once had a horse while working on a cattle ranch in Montana that liked to have his ears stroked, however that is a responce to love toward these animals who share this world with us. preaching hell fire is not love, it appears to me that it might tickle the ears of those who want justice by way of vengance or revenge against those they percieve to be rebels, rank enemies , or what ever as a self justification to release their wrath against their fellow man, and that is a sin, The subtle dark spirit involved to preach hell fire it is not motivated by love nor a real desire to correct or reform, it is a desire out of fear to hold their positions authority or control over others so that if compliance is not accomplished then it moves  to kill or maim by the letter. Remember though that most preachers in organized church religion are paid to preach what they are told to preach or they themselves may actually believe what they have been taught. ( or else! they are taken before what may be considered a modern day version of the old  Sanhedrin? )_to be shunned, cast out, ex-commnicated or worse by their church.

Where is there any hope or grace being revealed by preaching hell fire? personaly I don't believe anyone here finds any good thing coming  from preaching hell fire.

Fire Walker
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:16:52 AM by fire walker »
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 06:05:08 AM »
Wonderful Post!! :iagree:

Offline anti_nietzsche

• Est
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 12:20:41 PM »
I guess hell really just means a concept of death. It is standard doctrine that Jesus gives life and that sin robs us of life. So when Jesus speaks about hell as a punishment, he is reiterating the problem that existence without Him is void of life, or in other words, is followed by death. I think the key is to take Christ into your ontology and to examine how this changes your life and your very existence because there are really deep fundamental changes then.

I don't mean that we become nicer or that we are suddenly God's favourite pharisees or something. Just the whole outlook of becoming children of God much like Jesus is the son of God makes such a big difference. Sometimes we must mentally go into atheism or into the systems of another religion to see again what we have in Christ, and in the spiritual things that he gives us and the life principles we follow as christians.

For example, in my family I have a sister which got 50 years old recently and who is pretty much atheistic and agnostic in her beliefs. She is so scared of getting sick and having to die now that she gets older. When she was younger life was fresh and she never thought of death, but now she is starting to sometimes look into that black hole with is death and which annuls much of our life if we see it atheistically.

So what I am saying is that Jesus speaks of this when he speaks of hell. When we advance in life our sins become troublesome later because we cannot cross the gulf between us and those Lazarus'es we sinned against in life, and with our without God most of us are moral and ethical beings with a conscience and so our life's sins trouble us later. But if we have Jesus we can turn to Him, we can think of an afterlife and that we will meet back those we have wronged and we can, in this afterlife, make things good again.

Personally, there were two women in my life that I would love to apologize to and to show how much I care for them and for how much I loved them, but they are lost to me because we separated ways a long time ago and I don't even know about one of them if she is still alive, and we don't speak with each other. The thought that I have is that after death we all go to Heaven and we get thoroughly changed and love is much much easier to find in yourself there and I can speak with these women there and get a hug and a kiss on my cheek and this pain that I feel about it here will end there. I have Jesus, I don't go to hell.

This is not about a literal hell as a place of afterlife punishment, this is about an experience of a hellish kind of life that is followed by spiritual death, without Jesus we die in our sins meaning we can't escape the spiritual death and the fiery consequences that follow them.

But one day hell will be thrown into the lake of fire, and that's it, and all men will be with God and there is universal love and Christ all in all!