Author Topic: Pharoah's heart  (Read 7380 times)

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
Re: Pharoah's heart
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 07:23:58 PM »
Yet you can do none of it at all if you don't first get up and do practice it, or do it.  To practice self-control, is to practice controlling yourself as a partaker and good steward of the divine nature of God that you have been given to practice, do, bear fruit, and bring increase.
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »

I am dead; It is not I — but CHRIST.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 07:49:57 PM »

This is us.

1Pt 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

1Pt 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

1Pt 4:16 Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »

Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:16 PM »

I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
:thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »

Just specks!
Did God not decide what country you would be born in?
Whether a jacket would even be needed anytime by you?

Just specks!
Did God not decide your likes and dislikes?
Spinach raw or heated?

How do you even know that evil is wrong without Him telling you first?
Split it as you will — it's still a log — divided to specks.

I have learned to like green beans by eating them when I didn't want to.   Did I then defy God deciding what I would like or dislike?  no

Did God decide that I would do the evil I did, no,  did he know I would do it,  sure.   Is that controlling him?  no,  did he make provision to hold me accountable so I would learn to never do it again?  yes.
:thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 09:14:13 PM »

Your far from dead, your offended? dying perhaps, you still have a long way to go yet

One must take up their cross daily, to that which is evil. Problem is that many people confused and think that the Godly part of them needs to be cruxified, and so end up being a mindless zombie who enjoys nothing in life, because they have killed not only their self but also God within and their spirit man. One must have the wisdom from God to know what part of them needs to die, otherwise they kill their spirit, joy, peace, life in abundance, God given gifts and talents, I have had this problem myself. This could be just one reason why many christians look more like a member of the Adams familly than an adopted son of the living God
 :2c:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
willieH: Hi Tank...  :Sparkletooth:

It does not diminish God's glory one iota if men choose him by will,

Men do not "choose Him" and He SPECIFICALLY stated so -- John 15:16 --  and that process is already ORDAINED to occur as is stated elsewhere -- Eph 2:10

sooner or later, rather than by grim manipulative force.

Please... no one has noted it to be "grim"... it is an ACT of LOVE by YHVH to drag each stubborn sinner to Himself!

read the Scriptures, bro:

Men do not "come" sooner or later of their own "will":

Men cannot COME to Him to begin with, except GOD the Father DRAG them to Him -- John 6:44 & 65 -- One that is DRAGGED, ...is certainly NOT "coming" of ones own "WILL"...  :dontknow:

There is a difference between ruling by flow that can be soft like a drizzle, or tempestuous like a hurricane when needed, and ruling by omni-dictation of every decision through force, or pre-programmed script that is the inevitable step by step, blink by blink fate of a person.

On the conrary if men choose him by will it gives him so much greater glory, for it magnifies Love and power. Forced will simply magnifies power, the power to rule, even men can accomplish that.

It DOES NOT give GLORY to God, it gives "glory" to the "chooser" for "making the choice" of HIMSELF, not of GOD...  :dontknow:

Read of the OT deliverance of the JEWS... Did they "CHOOSE" to be DELIVERED?  And became DELIVERED due to their "CHOICE"?  Or did GOD display that it was NOT "up to Pharaoh" NOR was it up to "Moses" (who came "demanding" of Pharaoh SEVERAL TIMES)... but was strictly up to YHVH, and His choice? 

And because the DELIVERANCE was accomplished due to the "choosing" of YHVH, and NOT of the JEWS... therefore done OTHER than in LOVE for the JEWS?   :mshock:  Please!

If MEN are "choosing" Him, then MEN are getting the GLORY for a "choice" for which THEY (and most Christians DO) take credit for making... :rolleye:

It is THIS VANITY that Christianity subliminally then uses against the "UNSAVED" world...  Boasting that THEY "accepted CHRIST", instead of exalting the HUMILITY that is found in the fact that CHRIST has given HIS (undeserved) "acceptance of them" -- Rom 5:6-8 -- and Then, immersed IN that VANITY --- WRONGLY condemn that "unsaved" world to HELL -- James 3:6-10

Please show ONE PLACE that CHRIST DID "His WILL", Tank...   :dontknow: 

In the end, it is the biggest difference between Him and US... For HE always DID the WILL (commands/prophecy) of the Father... we on the other hand, disobey that WILL (commands/prophecy) often... 

That CHRIST was always "DOING" the WILL of the Father, (according to you and others) therefore made Him a PUPPET of YHVH, Tank?  Or a ROBOT? (hey --- lets not leave "technology" out of it, after all it is another thing "MAN" claims in his VANITY, to be of "his OWN doing" -- :pitiful:)

The answer is:  Of course NOT!  ...He did the will (commands/prophecy) of YHVH because He was FREE from the doing of His OWN (fleshly) "will"... :nod: 

There is FREEDOM in doing and saying the WORD... for such INVOLVMENT with the WORD, indeed creates FREEDOM in the one involved with IT -- John 8:32-36

If we claim to be following His example... then we shall DO as HE DID... which included NOTING that He DID and SAID, NOTHING of Himself -- John 5:19.30 -- John 8:28 -- John 14:10 -- When the WORD is KNOWN and one IS KNOWN of IT, ...IT MAKES one FREE... Free of what?  FREE of SELF -- Gal 2:20 --  :dontknow:

...willieH  :cloud9:

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2010, 09:48:36 PM »
God certainly did drag me,  if it were not for my kicking and screaming along the way,   :laughing7:  there certainly are things I would have been better off not having done.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2010, 09:53:34 PM »
Again we get to the question WillieH, is God a divine ventriloquist?

Yes, it does give glory to God when we choose him, in the same exact way that it would give you glory when your wife chooses you, rather than adulterate herself all across the town with every man who might look at her funny.

You see, we have two perspectives;

A. God drags all of humanity, and indeed he does, but by aligning their will - showing himself desirable, showing himself to be "That's what I need!".  Living bread looks awfully delicious to a starving to death man.  And so the scent and hope of a fully belly draws him.  All are hungry, and all shall eat.  How glorious it is that God is such a handsome, and worthwhile deity, and so patient that he draws men with patience in due time, after his order by his wonders, and beauty.

or, the other option.

B. Divine Ventriloquist;

*moves man's arm to make him slap the child with a large board*

*causes woman to drown her baby*

*ordains the abortion of three hundred children after ordaining the government to make abortions mandatory in order to cut down on the population in the year 2130 after the new Dictator of France decides that every family can only have one child if they ask permission first from the newly formed Ministry of Homo Sapien Advancement after a bloody biological war between Britain and Spain in the year 2126 (hypothetical extreme example..but if it happened according to the Divine Ventriloquist principle...well you get my point)*

*makes a man sip iced coffee from a straw*

*makes man love him*

*makes mankind be intimate with him...* <-- uh oh...(*man makes a woman be intimate with him* is the same thing as *makes mankind be intimate with him...*)

___ ___ ___

There are two ways to drag men, by intelligent harmony, or force - subtle, or brute it is force none the less.  God is capable of both, but man must have some form of autonomy and choice, or else God is a divine ventriloquist and rules by force, not harmony.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:11:11 PM by Lefein »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »

Luke 21:15

For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

• Gold
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »

Your far from dead, your offended? dying perhaps, you still have a long way to go yet

One must take up their cross daily, to that which is evil. Problem is that many people confused and think that the Godly part of them needs to be cruxified, and so end up being a mindless zombie who enjoys nothing in life, because they have killed not only their self but also God within and their spirit man. One must have the wisdom from God to know what part of them needs to die, otherwise they kill their spirit, joy, peace, life in abundance, God given gifts and talents, I have had this problem myself. This could be just one reason why many christians look more like a member of the Adams familly than an adopted son of the living God
"Problem is that many people confused and think that the Godly part of them needs to be cruxified,..." Thinktank
Gal 2:20  With Christ, have I been crucified; and, living no longer, am, I, but, living in me, is, Christ,—while, so far as I now do live in flesh, by faith, I live—The faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up in my behalf.
I suggest there is not "confused' to those who KNOW Him. First off, the old man is dead Rom 7:9 Now I lived, apart from law, once, yet at the coming of the precept Sin revives. Yet I died,
Rom 7:10 and it was found that, to me, the precept for life, this is for death."
So then I contend that these trials, percecution and tribulations, pains and sorrows that come upon the believer, it is done in the New Man(creature). What good would these troubles be to a dead man? What suffering can a dead man have? No, as Jesus was pure and undefiled as He suffered on the cross, so the New Man,  the pattern of the Son.

• Gold
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »

Doesnt need to be...He IS IAM :bigGrin:

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »

Anyone is welcome to believe what they believe...  :dontknow:  And as I see it, they believe what they believe, because YHVH either REVEALS or VEILS them as "HE CHOOSES"...

For REVELATION of TRUTH is not due to US (our desires or efforts to "KNOW"), ...rather is HIS business completely... and is DONE BY HIM, for the GOOD of ALL...

As I see it, the "question" becomes:

Was GOD the "ventriloquist" of CHRIST who DID and SAID... NOTHING OF HIMSELF? -- John 5:19, 20 -- John 14:10  :dontknow: 

Or indeed, ...did CHRIST ..."DO" as He was ORDAINED/Prophesied to "DO" -- Isaiah 46:10 -- Isaiah 61:1 -- Isaiah 53:3,7 -- Psalm 22:17-18 and many, many others --  being COMPLETELY FREE (not imprisoned or a "puppet") in every moment of that "DOING"?

If we are ORDAINED to the SAME FREEDOM -- Eph 2:10 -- then we WILL also, follow HIS example which DID and SAID nothing of Himself...  :dontknow: ...Not "DOING" as we have "ordained" by our "will", but as HE has ORDAINED of us, before we even "were".

That GOD is WORKING ALL THINGS (which is Scripturally stated -- Eph 1:11), and ALL those "things" are WORKED according to HIS WILL (no matter HOW those "works" appear to us, whether they appear Good or Evil)... says it ALL as I see it... :nod:

...willieH  :cloud9:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »

Yes, there is peace in the garden, isn't there?

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2010, 10:41:27 PM »
Was GOD the "ventriloquist" of CHRIST who DID and SAID... NOTHING OF HIMSELF? -- John 5:19, 20 -- John 14:10

Well, you tell me...Is he/was he the divine ventriloquist?  I did ask you after all.

Of course, this question doesn't just apply to Christ only, but to mankind in general.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
Was GOD the "ventriloquist" of CHRIST who DID and SAID... NOTHING OF HIMSELF? -- John 5:19, 20 -- John 14:10

Well, you tell me...Is he/was he the divine ventriloquist?  I did ask you after all.

Of course, this question doesn't just apply to Christ only, but to mankind in general.

You didn't ask me, but no He's not.

What is the first thing he does with Adam?

He gives him a choice and tells him the outcome of the choice.  [well, ok, he gives him a 'command' but the command implies a choice to obey it or not.]

What is the second thing?

He brings the animals to him and lets Adam name them whatsoever he will.

The difference is--Jesus obeyed him in everything.  But, that was his choice.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2010, 11:13:24 PM »
God certainly did drag me,  if it were not for my kicking and screaming along the way,   :laughing7:  there certainly are things I would have been better off not having done.

:cloud9:  :laughing7: Me, too.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Men do not "choose Him" and He SPECIFICALLY stated so -- John 15:16 --  and that process is already ORDAINED to occur as is stated elsewhere -- Eph 2:10

Quote from: thinktank on Today at 07:11:14 AM

sooner or later, rather than by grim manipulative force.

Please... no one has noted it to be "grim"... it is an ACT of LOVE by YHVH to drag each stubborn sinner to Himself!

read the Scriptures, bro:

Men do not "come" sooner or later of their own "will":

Men cannot COME to Him to begin with, except GOD the Father DRAG them to Him -- John 6:44 & 65 -- One that is DRAGGED, ...is certainly NOT "coming" of ones own "WILL"...

Opps it seems you have quoted me quoting someone elses words. I think those words were lefeins. Sorry I forgot to add lefeins signature.

I agree with what you said though, it seems we are dancing around the same subject, but yet not dancing to the same beat.

Men do not come to God in their own will for that would mean we would love an unseen entity. What happens is that God pursues each and every one of us, father reveals to us that Jesus Christ is the son of God and the saviour of humanity then we act, for many are called but only a few are chosen. Just because God calls someone doesn't mean they obey.

Who does the father reach out to today? All of Usa have heard the gospel message, yet only a few respond? why is that? Is it because God loves evil and wants people to be subject to bondage? Or is it because the person does not want to be free from sin?
Please take your time in answering that, I have no interest in debate.

It DOES NOT give GLORY to God, it gives "glory" to the "chooser" for "making the choice" of HIMSELF, not of GOD...  :dontknow:

Some people might have that mentality, but very few I imagine. I have never met a christian that boasts they have accepted Jesus Christ as lord. If they did then they are in sin of pride and need to repent, just like the parable of the man in church who thanks God that hes not like the tax collector who is a sinner, but the tax collector humbles himself before God and recognizes his sin. God prefers the honest sinner to the self righteous pharisse.

Read of the OT deliverance of the JEWS... Did they "CHOOSE" to be DELIVERED?  And became DELIVERED due to their "CHOICE"?  Or did GOD display that it was NOT "up to Pharaoh" NOR was it up to "Moses" (who came "demanding" of Pharaoh SEVERAL TIMES)... but was strictly up to YHVH, and His choice? 

They cried out for mercy though and God in his love, decided to rescue them. Why does God choose to rescue the Isralites, have you considered that? Is God a respector of people or of race?
Perhaps He choose the Israelites because they cried out to him for mercy.

And because the DELIVERANCE was accomplished due to the "choosing" of YHVH, and NOT of the JEWS... therefore done OTHER than in LOVE for the JEWS?   :mshock:  Please!

He delivered them because he heard their cries and acted out of love and principle, which is that those who pray get God to move, because that's how God set things up to be at least that's what I have read in the scriptures.

If MEN are "choosing" Him, then MEN are getting the GLORY for a "choice" for which THEY (and most Christians DO) take credit for making... :rolleye:

In the eyes of man its not that important they only receive vain glory a cheer here and a cheer there, but in the eyes of God, yes those who choose Christ are highly esteemed by God, for they choose and accepted his sacrifice. The parable of the lost son shows that the father accepted his lost son and sacrifices a calf, but yet hear what he said to his son, he said "son you have been with me always and all that is mine is yours".
As belivers we have acccess to God's heart a special privelage that those without Christ do not have. This is a fact of life, there are the haves and the have nots, get used to it.

It is THIS VANITY that Christianity subliminally then uses against the "UNSAVED" world...  Boasting that THEY "accepted CHRIST", instead of exalting the HUMILITY that is found in the fact that CHRIST has given HIS (undeserved) "acceptance of them" -- Rom 5:6-8 -- and Then, immersed IN that VANITY --- WRONGLY condemn that "unsaved" world to HELL -- James 3:6-10

The problem above is pride and they need to repent, not the doctrine that Christ desires to save all, here and now. Where is the evil in Christ wanting to save all now? Do you think God is in heaven rejoicing when abortion happens, when murder happens? Gods will right now even this minute is world peace, it is men that prevent this from happening and the schemes of the evil one.

Please show ONE PLACE that CHRIST DID "His WILL", Tank...   :dontknow: 

I think when he raized Lazarus from the dead, possibly, for he seems to have to exlain to father why he did it, he never said that before, in any of his miracles.

Also another miracle he turned water into wine. He said it is not my time, but Mary tempted him to do it and he did.

In the end, it is the biggest difference between Him and US... For HE always DID the WILL (commands/prophecy) of the Father... we on the other hand, disobey that WILL (commands/prophecy) often...

Yes, so you are not far from my view at all, that we do have a will, that disobeys God, you are slowly getting this as the spirit of the lord purges away the deceptions.

That CHRIST was always "DOING" the WILL of the Father, (according to you and others) therefore made Him a PUPPET of YHVH, Tank?  Or a ROBOT? (hey --- lets not leave "technology" out of it, after all it is another thing "MAN" claims in his VANITY, to be of "his OWN doing" -- :pitiful:)

No he was an obedient son and had a mind of his own, your the one who says he is a robot, because you say all his actions were preplanned or ordained by God from the begining and also say that mans vanity is also Ordained by God from the begining. So how can man be vain in his own deceit if God ordained such a thing? For according to you it is not mans vanity but Gods ordained command of making man vanity.

The answer is:  Of course NOT!  ...He did the will (commands/prophecy) of YHVH because He was FREE from the doing of His OWN (fleshly) "will"...

Yet was tempted as we are, but did not sin.

There is FREEDOM in doing and saying the WORD... for such INVOLVMENT with the WORD, indeed creates FREEDOM in the one involved with IT -- John 8:32-36

Don't forget the spirit of truth also

If we claim to be following His example... then we shall DO as HE DID... which included NOTING that He DID and SAID, NOTHING of Himself -- John 5:19.30 -- John 8:28 -- John 14:10 -- When the WORD is KNOWN and one IS KNOWN of IT, ...IT MAKES one FREE... Free of what?  FREE of SELF -- Gal 2:20 --  :dontknow:

I hope so, we all stumble from time to time, but by their fruits you shall know them

• Gold
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2010, 11:18:46 PM »

:cloud9:  :laughing7: Me, too.....

ME TO  :grin: :bigGrin:  Truth be know, HE'S STILL DRAGING ME.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2010, 12:14:13 AM »

"Problem is that many people confused and think that the Godly part of them needs to be cruxified,..." Thinktank
Gal 2:20  With Christ, have I been crucified; and, living no longer, am, I, but, living in me, is, Christ,—while, so far as I now do live in flesh, by faith, I live—The faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up in my behalf.
I suggest there is not "confused' to those who KNOW Him. First off, the old man is dead Rom 7:9 Now I lived, apart from law, once, yet at the coming of the precept Sin revives. Yet I died,
Rom 7:10 and it was found that, to me, the precept for life, this is for death."
So then I contend that these trials, percecution and tribulations, pains and sorrows that come upon the believer, it is done in the New Man(creature). What good would these troubles be to a dead man? What suffering can a dead man have? No, as Jesus was pure and undefiled as He suffered on the cross, so the New Man,  the pattern of the Son.

It takes time to get to know a person though and their ways, at least in my experience. I have found that sometimes I thought Gods will was my ego and my ego was Gods will, it takes time to know Christ and to overcome deceptions of the heart that are sometimes deeper than we can possibly fathom, sometimes there are deep things in our hearts that only fire can reveal their ugliness. The fire presence of God humbles even the most wicked of men and is frightening as the fire reveals how wicked one is comapred to the purity of the almighty.

Don't forget though that Paul did not die to Self, but continually warred with members of his own body, to the point that he broke down and called himself the worst sinner that ever lived, so taking up ones cross and dying to self is suffering as a dying man, which often takes a whole lifetime, as well as the suffering of living a godly life who are often persecuted or vexed for being righteous.

• Gold
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
If you are dying to self, as I used to believe, then I am continously kiilling a dead man. Self is dead, and a new creature are we.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2010, 12:27:14 AM »
By faith

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 04:15:31 AM »
 :cloud9: Hey TT, I couldn't make sense of your post #68 and then it occurred to me that it was because you were answering someone else's post intermixed with your own. If you don't use the quote feature, could you please change the color of one of the respondents in the text of the message? Makes for a lot easier reading.....thanks  :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2010, 07:01:11 AM »
I am dragged to God daily.  Over the years he has pulled me along kicking and screaming.  Today he drags me much like a child who doesn't want to go to school.  This is by no power of my own.  This I know as fact.  I was dragged to repentence.  I am being dragged along this course of sanctification.  I am being dragged to faith, obedience and usefulness.  Was I able to make choices for myself during this process?  I believe so.  That doesn't mean he won't use every bad choice I make to teach, guide and direct me.  My God knows the ending of my story.  I can not get there by my own will.  My choices lead to prison, death, and destruction.  Thank God he is in control.  Thank God he is indeed sovereign.