Author Topic: Personal Savior?  (Read 31798 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Personal Savior?
« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2009, 07:53:04 AM »
(Maybe I'm trying to define terminology a little here.)  At least for myself, I'm not a working physicist.  The last I heard, they said they were quite sure (if I remembered the correct number) that at least eleven (11) dimensions exist. 
That's what I posted several posts back. With links to pictures what you explained. You did all that typing for nothing reformer because from my pov people are not reading the posts of others in this thread. They just keep posting their own view. I see enough 'evidence' that some people agree without knowing it. And the seemingly contradictions are not there.

If people would just have read the posts in this thread and reply to the points made in the posts, this thread would already have ended with everybody having learned something.
I just keep watching. It's funny seeing doggies fighting for a ball, but none actually ever gets it
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2009, 08:40:05 AM »
Molly, Cardinal, Sheila etc.

I just want to say, I agree with you in that there will come a time that we will no longer measure death. Though we may have a fundamental disagreement on time itself, we DO NOT have a disagreement that death shall be no more and therefore cannot be measured. If you see that as timelessness in that your definition of time is the measurement of death. Hey, more power to you. Not trying to change your minds. I just find the topic itself fascinating which why I talk about it. The conversation is like an exploration.

:Peace:

Yes, I think part of the problem is what the definition of time is, as you said.

I see time as having beginning, middle, and end, whereas you seem to think that the no beginning and no ending of God is still time.  (If I have that right).  I  liked what you said about love always existing because God is love.  I think God would not have created if not for love.

Back in my newage days (I went through a stage lol), I was reading some book--maybe diary of a yogi--and he was talking about manipulating time, stretching it so he would have all the time he needed to accomplish some task, etc.  so I played with that for a while and found to my satisfaction that I could do it, too.  Reformer mentioned philip who is being translated through both space and time.  If you can manipulate time, doing away with it altogether is just another manipulation.

These days I spend a lot of time in timeless states (truth be told I've always done that) so I know that timelessness exists, but to the extent that the dictates of time feel even more of a burden, like chains tying me down.  So for me, a constant state of  timelessness is not only expected but will be very welcomed.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:48:59 AM by Molly »

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »
Here is an interesting view:

Heaven: Living in the Present
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2009, 08:37:40 AM »
(Maybe I'm trying to define terminology a little here.)  At least for myself, I'm not a working physicist.  The last I heard, they said they were quite sure (if I remembered the correct number) that at least eleven (11) dimensions exist.
That's what I posted several posts back. With links to pictures what you explained. You did all that typing for nothing reformer because from my pov people are not reading the posts of others in this thread. They just keep posting their own view. I see enough 'evidence' that some people agree without knowing it. And the seemingly contradictions are not there.

If people would just have read the posts in this thread and reply to the points made in the posts, this thread would already have ended with everybody having learned something.
I just keep watching. It's funny seeing doggies fighting for a ball, but none actually ever gets it
Dear one...

I had posted earlier on this thread but it grew too fast for me to keep up.  I usually read the whole thread if I'm going to post; but, in this case I was trying to keep up with the current postings while reading to catch up to everybody else.  I figured if I would post in the discussion while I continued to catch up it would be better than drop out altogether.  There are some wonderful things in here.  I'm specially enamored of Cardinal anyway.  Here she coaxes words together into softly exploding on the tongue of the ear with supernal radiance.  I very seldom post without first reading everything (or just about.)  I have page 8 through 11 and 13 through 16 yet to read.  I may find I read some of it and missed some of the later posts.

It is very hard to spend so much time reading on this thread without increasing knowledge much when I have so many other studies undone.  I read a lot, and a lot that takes work to continue for the knowledge, not like a fun sci-fi novel.  Once in a while I just give up applying discipline to only wring a drop out of a hundred rags.   In these pages I've dug and hacked and plowed through some very turgid and opaque streams of words that are coddled in hubris rather than releasing the atmosphere of enlightenment.  Off and on over the years I've thought about this time thing, and I have my leanings; but, not to the certainty some display:  as though we were deceivers of the first rank and of that antichrist which was promised to come if we disagree with some unsubstantiated oaf of certainty.  In this thread there are big bad billies butting their spiral-horned heads in an unconvincing display of doctrinaire rut.   Maybe their thick skulls will crack to let in a little light, but I remain unconvinced it would do little more that inspire them to be prolonging their rant at the moon.  Sometimes I just would rather do something else.

(I still see no reason not to believe that part of the unchanging nature of our God is He increases.)
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Seth

• Gold
« Reply #479 on: August 02, 2009, 09:31:07 AM »
  So for me, a constant state of  timelessness is not only expected but will be very welcomed.

You know what? Even if we may call it something different. I think you and I very much agree on that sense. Yeah, different terminology regarding time, but really the most important word is "peace."

:HeartThrob: