Author Topic: Noah's Ark; A Literal Perspective  (Read 664 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Noah's Ark; A Literal Perspective
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:42:32 AM »
A man in the Netherlands has built a replica of the ark, which he describes as being to the scale given in Genesis.  It's impressive and something to contemplate, and will probably bring some questions to the forefront for further study.

White Wings, is this you?  :happygrin:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v2/n2/netherland-ark

Excerpts from another site about this story;

...a replica of the biblical Ark , built by Dutch creationist, Johan Huibers, as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible.

The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house.

A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine. Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.

'I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big ' There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark. Huibers, a Christian man, said he hopes the project will renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands , where church-going has fallen dramatically in the past 50 years.

Now that I am old and Gray... give me the time to tell this new generation (and their children too) about all your mighty miracles.
Psalm 71:18

God's blessing, James.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:13:18 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Noah's Ark; A Literal Perspective
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:17:36 AM »
My ship called the "Flying Dutchman"
Mighty fine ship. Build the old fashion way.

Unlike the Ark:
26 barges are now located in Sliedrecht (southern Holland). They are being welded together.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...