Author Topic: My stomach turned...and not for what you would think!  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Brian

Re: My stomach turned...and not for what you would think!
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 07:00:25 AM »
I think I'll go ahead and take the plunge in this one Brian.  It appears that you support the ET perspective, which is fine if that's what you choose to beleive, that's between you and the Lord.

To me it's not a matter of supporting the ET perspective, it's a matter of understanding why it exists, and not holding it against those who hold to it.

The tone of your message strikes me as a bit disgruntled and I'm not sure if it's because of your conversation with yy or someone else.  But just for my own clarification, are you saying that the majority of posters on "this" forum are anti-Christian and "that's" what makes you feel uncomfortable?

I think what's happening here, is now that I'm over my sudden onset of severe neurosis over hell, which I never really believed in personally, even before I discovered UR. Is that Christianity is becoming bigger in my life, and UR is becoming smaller. I would say that my need for belief in UR, is being overshadowed by my trust in Christ. I'm not saying that means I'm giving up on UR, it just means I no longer need to cling to it for support. (I'm not saying anyone else here clings to it, I'm just speaking of my own personal situation.) As for YY, I don't know that member outside of this thread. And "vitriolic" was too strong of a word to use. But I certainly feel "cynical" at least applies. YY's thread was simply the straw that broke the camel's back, this time around. I wouldn't say the majority of posters here are cynical towards Christianity, but I would say that too many for my taste are. I just don't see it being a good way to promote Christian Universalism. Fortunately these, so far, are the smaller voices. I certainly don't see such traits exhibited by Gary Amirault or Martin Cisneros for instance, thank God.
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline Brian

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »
Hiya Fireinfolding,

You were the one who brought up the question and made the statement:

two peas in a pod 

Well enjoy yourself here, I much rather be among ETers

Therefore, you pretty much lost any credibility that your comments actually matter anymore.

I cautioned you, it is your choice to start a fight.

Would that not be considered baiting or trolling?

Let us find out.

:grin: :happygrin:

It could be considered that attitudes like yours, are turning people off to UR, instead of drawing them to it. Is that your goal? It would be an excellent tool for a troller/saboteur to employ after all.
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2009, 02:11:58 PM »

"Most truly I say to you, He that "hears" my word and believes him that sent me has everlasting life, and he does not come into judgment but has passed over from death to life."

--John 5:Quoting Nathan
when the Jordan river rolled back . . .WHERE did it roll back to?? It names a specific city . . . so profound a picture . . . totally a God thing.

And also, what does Jordan mean? This isn't just any river . . . it's nature is always one that descends . . .connected to death . . . which even makes it more profound when you realize that there was a reason why Jesus chose to be baptized in "this" river . . .you're definitely on the edge . . . care to be pushed off??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RLV:: I hear you, Nathan.  You can tell us the city it was "rolled back to" .....I never
noticed that.  But it's akin in "my" understanding as to when God buried Moses "for
their sakes."  I sorta doubt if Moses lost "any" LIFE, just as you say, LIFE got into
the river of "death."  ha   Sounds like "death" to "death" to me.  Next time Moses was
on the scene, I think it was on the transfiguration.

Molly, I see now, you quoted that it was called
"Adam!" ha

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »
Great.  Now will somebody please explain it to me? lol

Why do the 'waters' have to be agitated, before a miracle takes place?

Is each miracle some type of birthing?
[/quote]

Part of a song:  "And the waters of Jordan are now rolled back
by the WATERS that come from ABOVE.
For the HOLY GHOST WATERS .............make a mighty heap.
The LIVING God is LOVE!!"

Molly, that's words or part of when the priests were told to
put their feet in the water and the people would follow them.

Notice there were two kinds of water.  Water and WATER from
Above. 

Notice in Genesis when "darkness" was on the face of the
deep, God divided the "water" from the WATER above
the firmament.  The firmament was the divider.

Yes, a MIRACLE happened when Jordan overflowed her
water............and LOVE was somewhere birthed.

Again, when the "woman" travailed in Revelation 12, she
brought forth a Son of LOVE.........tho she had to go into
hiding in the wilderness from the "face" of the serpent
who was spitting out his flood of words.  There God protected
her.  Another MIRACLE following agitation. 

ALL things are for YOUR sakes. 

Oh . . .Redletter . . .you're right on the edge of something great . . .take it to the next level . ..when the Jordan river rolled back . . .WHERE did it roll back to??  It names a specific city . . . so profound a picture . . . totally a God thing.

And also, what does Jordan mean?  This isn't just any river . . . it's nature is always one that descends . . .connected to death . . . which even makes it more profound when you realize that there was a reason why Jesus chose to be baptized in "this" river . . .you're definitely on the edge . . . care to be pushed off??

haha

RED is not on the edge.  She's one of the priests standing in the middle of the river.

RED! :mfriends:

You know, Nathan, I hear what you're saying but that word Jordan also means 'boundary.'   Look here--

"Jordan"

H3383
ירדּן
yardên
yar-dane'
From H3381; a descender; Jarden, the principal river of Palestine: - Jordan.

H3381
ירד
yârad
yaw-rad'
A primitive root; to descend (literally to go downwards; or conventionally to a lower region, as the shore, a boundary, the enemy, etc.; or figuratively to fall); causatively to bring down (in all the above applications): -  X abundantly, bring down, carry down, cast down, (cause to) come (-ing) down, fall (down), get down, go (-ing) down (-ward), hang down, X indeed, let down, light (down), put down (off), (cause to, let) run down, sink, subdue, take down.

This is somehow all wrapped up in a study I'm doing on 'healing in his wings.'  There's something about a boundary, a border--the hem of the priest, the woman who touched the hem of Jesus' robe.   What does it mean?  Is Christ a border between man and God the same way death is--but with Christ the border is life?

2But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
--Mal 4

"wings"

H3671
כּנף
kânâph
kaw-nawf'
From H3670; an edge or extremity; specifically (of a bird or army) a wing, (of a garment or bed clothing) a flap, (of the earth) a quarter, (of a building) a pinnacle: -  + bird, border, corner, end, feather [-ed], X flying, + (one an-) other, overspreading, X quarters, skirt, X sort, uttermost part, wing ([-ed]).

Matthew 9:20
And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:

Matthew 14:36
And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.

"the hem'

G2899
κράσπεδον
kraspedon
kras'-ped-on
Of uncertain derivation; a margin, that is, (specifically) a fringe or tassel: - border, hem.

A border is the line between one thing and another.   Is that the place where we have to stand to do miracles?

I would say to that, that "boundary" is "in" the definition . . .it's a symptom of what death and a descending mind actually does . . .it establishes limitations and barriers that prohibits others from entering into the primised land, the kingdom of Truth, from one gaining what is originally inherited to them. 

But when these priests followed the order established by God . .which was to carry the ark (the presence of God) upon their shoulders (which is to show "he" replaces "me" in that my head is removed) then in this truth, as we step into the descending river of death that established limitations to our inheritance and maturity, the instant our foot touches the surface of the waters of death, it rolls back . .it "flees" from us . .all the way back to the city of Adam . . .the origin of our flesh . . .it's the same picture as what Jesus did on the cross . . .he went to the belly of the earth . .he went to the core of man . .of carnality, and he "took" the keys, the authority that death and the grave . . .not physical death . .but spiritual death . . blindness . .he took the authority over that and gave it back to us.  All we have to do is exercise what's been given.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »

16That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan...

--Josh 3

the waters

which came down--descending from a higher place

from above--the upper part, the top

stood--abide, appoint, arise, stand

and rose up--ro rise, to accomplish, to help, to stir up, uphold

upon a heap--as one fleeing

very far--quickly removed

from the city --through the idea of opening the eyes, to wake, stir up self, master self

Adam

that is beside--to cut off a side, figuratively an adversary

Zaratan--to pierce

...and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

--Josh 3:16

I'm not making this stuff up! :laughing7:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:21:42 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »
The adversary is God!  :mshock:

Adam made God his adversary, turning the waters from above into death.

The only way to cut off the waters was to pierce the side of the adversary. :mshock:

1Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,

2You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

3Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

4Will a lion roar in the forest, when he hath no prey? will a young lion cry out of his den, if he have taken nothing?

5Can a bird fall in a snare upon the earth, where no gin is for him? shall one take up a snare from the earth, and have taken nothing at all?

6Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

7Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

8The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?

9Publish in the palaces at Ashdod, and in the palaces in the land of Egypt, and say, Assemble yourselves upon the mountains of Samaria, and behold the great tumults in the midst thereof, and the oppressed in the midst thereof.

10For they know not to do right, saith the LORD, who store up violence and robbery in their palaces.

11Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; An adversary there shall be even round about the land; and he shall bring down thy strength from thee, and thy palaces shall be spoiled.

--Amos 3

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »
20Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

21Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

22But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

23For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

24Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

25And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

--Exodus 23

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
...and those [waters] that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

--Josh 3:16

and those [waters] that came down--to descend, to go downwards to a lower region, a boundary,  figuratively to fall

toward

the sea--to roar, a sea, as breaking in a noisy surf

of the plain--in the sense of sterility, a desert

even the salt--properly powder, specifically salt (as easily pulverized and dissolved)

sea,

failed,--to complete in a good or bad sense, accomplish, cease, done

and were cut off--to cut [off, down, or asunder], by implication to destroy or consume, originally by cutting flesh and passing between the pieces, covenant

and the people--a people, a tribe, a flock, troops, a nation

passed over--to cross over, specifically to cover, to carry over, deliver, translate

right against--to front, that is to stand bodily out opposite, against, by implication to manifest, to expose

Jericho.

17And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan.
--Josh 3

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:53:03 PM by Molly »

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »

Quoting Nathan

But when these priests followed the order established by God . .which was to carry the ark (the presence of God) upon their shoulders (which is to show "he" replaces "me" in that my head is removed) then in this truth, as we step into the descending river of death that established limitations to our inheritance and maturity, the instant our foot touches the surface of the waters of death, it rolls back . .it "flees" from us . .all the way back to the city of Adam . . .the origin of our flesh . . .it's the same picture as what Jesus did on the cross . . .he went to the belly of the earth . .he went to the core of man . .of carnality, and he "took" the keys, the authority that death and the grave . . .not physical death . .but spiritual death . . blindness . .he took the authority over that and gave it back to us.  All we have to do is exercise what's been given.

it's the same picture as what Jesus did on the cross.

Yes.

Whosoever "believeth" out of his "belly" shall flow
rivers of living water! And Jesus "believed." On the cross.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »
Yes, but he also took all our sin on himself, he paid the wages of sin for us, he reversed the curse, heaping the waters of death far away from Adam, cutting off death,  through the piercing of his side, the blood and water flowed, healing us so that we are able to enter into the city of God, the promised land--

1Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins.

3The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

--Isa 40

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

--Isa 53

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:35:07 PM by Molly »

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
And that is then linked to his baptism Molly, he died in the river of our carnality . . .but more importantly, he brought resurrection to the river of death. . .it's the same river that goes by the same city of Adam . .but this time, it's redeemed, reconciled . .the second Adam "descended" from the first Adam to bring resurrection to the carnal man.  So that no longer do we walk according to our fallen nature, but now, we walk in a resurrected state . . .for me, that sounds very much like we have been IN the times of refreshing ever since the cross manifested in the flesh.  It's just that many have not been walking in that realm of refreshing . . .they've been so occupied with religion, that they've neglected the refreshing . . .and the river that was purified in the spirit, is magnified in the flesh.

But now, it's time we allow the spirit to wake us up . . .come out of our philosophical slumber and let go of our mentally established boundaries of understanding and trust God that this unidentified sound is one that is so true and pure that our limited minds and misled hearts have not been able to comprehend such illumination.  But for such a time as this, our hearts have been prepared without our minds awareness of such preparation . .and now the trumpet is sounding the long blast . .the day is upon us . . .the Year of Jubilee has come.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2009, 09:41:48 PM »
Quote from: Nathan
that this unidentified sound is one that is so true and pure that our limited minds and misled hearts have not been able to comprehend such illumination.  But for such a time as this, our hearts have been prepared without our minds awareness of such preparation . .and now the trumpet is sounding the long blast . .the day is upon us . . .the Year of Jubilee has come.

Hey Nathan, there is a new video on the opening page of this website, by Gary, called the lighning of God.

Have you seen it?  If not, will you go watch it and start a new thread on the lightning of God?

Something is going on that a lot of people have been seeing--we dance around it--but we need to grasp it fully.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2009, 03:07:12 AM »
 :cloud9: Good read, all....... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2009, 10:01:56 AM »
I hope someone rescues me soon from this 'stomach turning' thread...

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

--Gen 1

There's a firmament in the midst of the waters and it is dividing the waters above from the waters below.  That 'firmament' is heaven.

"firmament"
H7549
רקיע
râqîya‛
raw-kee'-ah
From H7554; properly an expanse, that is, the firmament or (apparently) visible arch of the sky: - firmament.

Where then are those priests standing in Joshua 3?

16That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

17And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan.

--Joshua 3

The priests carrying the ark of the covenant on their shoulders are standing in the midst of the river, in a place where the waters above are divided from the waters below.  They are standing firm on the dry ground of heaven.