Author Topic: My stomach turned...and not for what you would think!  (Read 3423 times)

YoungYuni

My stomach turned...and not for what you would think!
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:22:45 AM »
Hiya,

Today I received an email; and in that email was a link; and in that link was a poorly done picture of Jesus crying.

The quote on the picture said, "I love you".

I looked at the picture and was kind of disturbed by it.

It was not from any universal salvation believer, it was from a mainstream baptist church.

I am so sick of the religion of Christianity, that all the image made my stomach turn.

I could not handle seeing Jesus being associated with the ills of a eternal torture doctrine.

Have you found yourself disturbed by the love professed by so-called Christians who preach a different gospel?

:mblush: :gangel:

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: My stomach turned...and not for what you would think!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:45:36 AM »

Matthew 5:3
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

"poor"

G4434
πτωχός
ptōchos
pto-khos'
From πτώσσω ptōssō (to crouch; akin to G4422 and the alternate of G4098); a beggar (as cringing), that is, pauper (strictly denoting absolute or public mendicancy, although also used in a qualified or relative sense; whereas G3993 properly means only straitened circumstances in private), literally (often as noun) or figuratively (distressed): - beggar (-ly), poor.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:17:47 AM »
How do we make many rich?

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:25:38 AM »
How do we make many rich?
  I think it is  rich in faith Molly
   more precious than gold ,  the gold rusts and burns  the rich with fire
  faith seems  to be what is most precious to God according to Peters testimony
 Jam 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

sorry  to get off topic  :mblush:
  Images/ idols  are nothing  as Paul stated  what power do they posses  except to stumble  the poor /weak  in faith and make  needless sacrifices     and anger GOD

I know that knowledge is not what makes us Just before GOD it is  faith  in Him 
  :HeartThrob:

YoungYuni

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:51:39 AM »
Hiya,

I also hate marketing propaganda and other blatant attempts to persuade people through use of emotional appeals.

Jesus isn't crying, because He isn't losing any.

:laughing7: :grin:

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:02 AM »
Hiya,

I also hate marketing propaganda and other blatant attempts to persuade people through use of emotional appeals.

Jesus isn't crying, because He isn't losing any.

:laughing7: :grin:

:thumbsup:

I hear that

Offline Brian

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:48:26 AM »
Hiya,

Today I received an email; and in that email was a link; and in that link was a poorly done picture of Jesus crying.

It was not from any universal salvation believer, it was from a mainstream baptist church.

I am so sick of the religion of Christianity, that all the image made my stomach turn.

I could not handle seeing Jesus being associated with the ills of a eternal torture doctrine.

Have you found yourself disturbed by the love professed by so-called Christians who preach a different gospel?

Jesus wept. John 11:35
Probably the shortest verse in the Bible. Jesus wept over Lazarus having perished - even though He knew He would raise Lazarus up, He still wept.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Is it inconceivable to picture Jesus weeping over the lost, those who have perished, even if He plans to raise them up too?
What's that old saying, 'if look for the bad in something you'll surely find it'?

For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

YoungYuni

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 05:56:44 AM »
yea it is all true.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 10:02:06 PM »
The apostle tells us how we make many rich--

Giving no offence in anything

In much patience

By pureness

By knowledge

By longsuffering

By kindness

By the Holy Ghost

By love unfeigned

By the word of truth

By the power of God

16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

--2 Cor 6

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »
The apostle tells us how we make many rich--

Giving no offence in anything

In much patience

By pureness

By knowledge

By longsuffering

By kindness

By the Holy Ghost

By love unfeigned

By the word of truth

By the power of God

16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

--2 Cor 6

Hi Molly , yes sis , those things will add to the treasure  in earthen vessels and Praises to God .. :icon_flower:

2Cr 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
  our heartsMat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

:thumbsup:
  treasure Strong's G2344 - thēsauros

1) the place in which good and precious things are collected and laid up

a) a casket, coffer, or other receptacle, in which valuables are kept

b) a treasury

c) storehouse, repository, magazine

2) the things laid up in a treasury, collected treasures

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 10:12:33 PM »
What strikes me is that it is the fulfillment of Rev 21--

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

It's already here! :bgdance:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »
Hiya,

Jesus wept. John 11:35
Probably the shortest verse in the Bible. Jesus wept over Lazarus having perished - even though He knew He would raise Lazarus up, He still wept.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Is it inconceivable to picture Jesus weeping over the lost, those who have perished, even if He plans to raise them up too?
What's that old saying, 'if look for the bad in something you'll surely find it'?

Actually, I don't see Jesus weeping over the death of Lazrus . . .he'd known for days that he was dead and there were no tears at his death . . .so why would there be as he came to the tomb?  Did it just hit him then?  In reading it slowly . . what moved Jesus to tears . . .IMHO . . .was the compassion and love he saw Lazrus family and friends had for him.

33When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

34And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35Jesus wept

It's not death that moves him, it's relationships.  I wonder if that's why I cry at chick flicks . . .it's just Jesus manifesting in me. :laughing7:

Offline rosered

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 10:28:53 PM »

Good one Nate ,
 I also wonder if it was because they had no idea of the power of God yet ?
  the power to raise the dead  back to life again  to  His glory and to our  shame?
 note these  disciples /students  slept for  sorrow and  this is when the temptation comes ! 
 the enemy sowed tares while men slept ..

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Luk 22:43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Luk 22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

Luk 22:45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,

Luk 22:46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

the more I really  read the scriptures    the more I see sleeping / and death are one and the same
  you dont have to literally  die physically  to experience these things

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »
Quote from: Rose
the more I really  read the scriptures    the more I see sleeping / and death are one and the same
  you dont have to literally  die physically  to experience these things

Yes, hence the walking dead.

Luke 9:60
Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

It's going to take a mighty cry and a strong voice to wake them up.

Offline Brian

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 12:41:53 AM »
Actually, I don't see Jesus weeping over the death of Lazrus . . .he'd known for days that he was dead and there were no tears at his death . . .so why would there be as he came to the tomb?  Did it just hit him then?  In reading it slowly . . what moved Jesus to tears . . .IMHO . . .was the compassion and love he saw Lazrus family and friends had for him.

33When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

34And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35Jesus wept

It's not death that moves him, it's relationships.  I wonder if that's why I cry at chick flicks . . .it's just Jesus manifesting in me. :laughing7:

I agree, and overall see it as Jesus weeping over what Paul refers to as the agony of death. That's probably where we get the phrase "upon pain of death". Death, whether physical or spiritual, causes pain and sorrow all around. When my brother renounced Christ, he committed spiritual suicide, that cause a gut wrenching ripple effect, and I'm sure Jesus wept. I can see Jesus weeping over the lost, whether or not He knows they'll eventually be reconciled to Him, in this life or in the afterlife. Quite frankly my stomach often turns here regarding the seemingly vitriolic attitude expressed by some, towards all of Christendom, that isn't viewed as 100% pure fuzzy warm UR.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:49:50 AM by Brian »
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

YoungYuni

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 12:48:14 AM »
Quite frankly my stomach often turns here regarding the seemingly vitriolic attitude towards all of Christendom, that isn't viewed as 100% pure UR.

Hiya,

If you are quite fine having your Savior misrepresented, then that is your prerogative to feel however you want.

:dontknow:

Offline Brian

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »

YoungYuni

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 01:01:24 AM »
Hiya,

Now what does Jesus weeping over the loss of his friend Lazarus, is Jesus weeping over the lost?

Was Lazarus lost, and that is why Jesus wept?

I would like you to explain how the reason my stomach turned was not because a religion was going out making people feel guilty by showing a corny picture of Jesus crying over the world.

Knowing full well the picture was created because the artist believes that 99.8% of the world will be lost and the organization that promotes the picture comes from a doctrine that says those lost will be tortured endlessly.

Then how about explaining to everyone, in your wisdom, how it turns your stomach when you perceive a vitriolic attitude towards Christianity just because it doesn't believe in universal salvation.

Do you truly believe that I have no grounds to be disgusted with it?

If you can take some responsibility to the words you speak, I would be happy to explain even further that it is not just because Christianity does not believe in universal salvation, that I appear to have a vitriolic attitude towards it.

Can you do that sir?

:Pray: :fool:

YoungYuni

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »
Hiya,

You are not the first to ask me that question.

I was invited here by Craig, he was SOTW here, and I now keep in contact with him.

Didn't know at the time it was the same Craig from facebook.

It is difficult to find any serious discussion group and I was hoping to find it here.

It appears that he was banned for his own good, because he was getting rather bitter about the whole universal salvation doctrine and the people who associate themselves as it's ambassadors.

I believe everyone is accountable for their thoughts and words, and responsible for their studies and the knowledge they share.

Something I found in common with Craig, and why I joined his facebook group and how I ended up here.

Yuni

:mfriends:  :HeartThrob:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 01:37:43 AM »
Two peas in a pod  :grin:

Well enjoy yourself here, I much rather be among ETers  :grin:

Cant say I blame you ONE bit Fire.... :HeartThrob:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:40:36 AM by Taffy »
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 01:47:49 AM »
Two peas in a pod  :grin:

Well enjoy yourself here, I much rather be among ETers  :grin:

Cant say I blame you ONE bit Fire.... :HeartThrob:

I love you bro  :HeartThrob:

Time to beam me outta here 

((hugs))
Got a Tardis for two :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

YoungYuni

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 01:58:16 AM »
Hiya,

I understand that sentiment.

I cannot please everyone, it is not my goal.

I especially do not care to please those who complain about it, or use a flippant attitude concerning it.

Though, the evidence in the last two months are piling up to support a conclusion.

That conclusion is a very uncomfortable one, but predictable.

What is that conclusion?

It is very uncomfortable to be held accountable to the knowledge and words they are speaking.

It is like being in a school and you giving a book report but forgot to read the book but instead of just admitting you don't know, you insist you know all about the book; yet, you keep getting questions about that book you cannot answer and questions about how you got your conclusions that you cannot really explain.

Instead of just admitting that you didn't read the book and really don't understand what it is you are talking about, you would rather keep your pride and attack the questions or the person asking you the questions of you concerning that book.

many of you are facetious and sarcastic and think it is a good godly thing to be like.

:2c: :thumbdown:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:17:42 AM by jabcat »

YoungYuni

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 02:05:10 AM »
Hiya Fireinfolding,

You were the one who brought up the question and made the statement:

two peas in a pod 

Well enjoy yourself here, I much rather be among ETers

Therefore, you pretty much lost any credibility that your comments actually matter anymore.

I cautioned you, it is your choice to start a fight.

Would that not be considered baiting or trolling?

Let us find out.

:grin: :happygrin:

YoungYuni

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 02:08:07 AM »
Baiting or trolling will not be tolerated.

Baiting is similar to trolling, in that baiters, like trolls, try to elicit a response from other users. The difference is that the response is supposed to be embarrassing to the user in question, and humorous to others. Baiters frequently concentrate on groups they do not like - Source: Wikipedia

Hiya!

Let us have a poll:

How many find this quote,

two peas in a pod

Well enjoy yourself here, I much rather be among ETers

Baiting or Trolling, in accordance to the definition provided by Tentmaker Forums from Wikipedia?

:happygrin: :laughing7:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:12:37 AM by YoungYuni »

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 02:11:22 AM »
Hiya,

You are not the first to ask me that question.

I was invited here by Craig, he was SOTW here, and I now keep in contact with him.

Didn't know at the time it was the same Craig from facebook.

It is difficult to find any serious discussion group and I was hoping to find it here.

It appears that he was banned for his own good, because he was getting rather bitter about the whole universal salvation doctrine and the people who associate themselves as it's ambassadors.

I believe everyone is accountable for their thoughts and words, and responsible for their studies and the knowledge they share.

Something I found in common with Craig, and why I joined his facebook group and how I ended up here.

Yuni

:mfriends:  :HeartThrob:

Are you sure you are not Craig? You sure do sound like him. I can understand why you two are friends.  :grin:

CHB