Author Topic: Matthew Ward  (Read 1175 times)

SQ

Matthew Ward
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:13:18 AM »
Has anyone heard of the channeling messages of Matthew Ward?
He was killed in auto accident when he was 17 years old, and been in contact with his mother for the last 30 years.
He gives her messages about our planet and what is happening and why.
I have always believed this to be wrong, talking to the dead, yet I am drawn to this like a moth to the flame.
Is this something people should avoid?
If his mother is doing this for finiancial profit then heaven forbid.
If this is not an allowed subject mods please delete.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: Matthew Ward
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:31 AM »
HI SQ,
There are numerous Scriptures advising about mediums, necromancers or fortune tellers.

SQ

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 06:42:20 AM »
Hi Beloved Servant, thank you, sometimes I am drawn to distracting things such as this, I really hate it when I let this happen.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:15:35 AM »
Has anyone heard of the channeling messages of Matthew Ward?
He was killed in auto accident when he was 17 years old, and been in contact with his mother for the last 30 years.
He gives her messages about our planet and what is happening and why.
I have always believed this to be wrong, talking to the dead, yet I am drawn to this like a moth to the flame.
Is this something people should avoid?
If his mother is doing this for finiancial profit then heaven forbid.
If this is not an allowed subject mods please delete.

Never heard of such a thing?  :dontknow:

But what does scripture teach?

(Gen 2:7) The Spirit is the breath of life (Psa 146:4) His spirit departs, he returns to the earth; In that very day his thoughts perish. (Job 7:21). "Why then do You not pardon my transgression And take away my iniquity? For now I will lie down in the dust; And You will seek me, but I will not be." Psa 6:5  For in death there is no remembrance of you; in Sheol who will give you praise? Psa 115:17  The dead do not praise the LORD, nor do any who go down into silence. Ecc 9:10  Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.

What does Paul tell us?  2Ti 2:18  men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.  John tells us  Rev 20:5  The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

:Chinscratch: Looks like we stay dead until the resurrection.

Paul 

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:08 AM »
Paul, won't that start a whole other argument that SQ was not even inquiring about?

Offline Nancy

• Snr
Sorry but i had to come back with this!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »
hi ya,
Jesus said to the sadduccees i think, that all are ALIVE to God. When you die i assume that the next conscious thought will be life in the spirit world. How do you know that you are asleep for 10,000 years before you are awoken?!!!!
If it feels uncomfortable then don't go there.  I believe it's different if you are getting messages from the spirit world but if you are actively trying to receive them,  then maybe stay away.
Godbless
Nancy

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »

Hi all , I had to come back for this one too,
 and speak up , I have been  in "quiet " mode  

Thanks for bringing this to the table SQ
   and  thanks for the thoughts on the subject  Pierac/ Paul

I believe when  Jesus come to abolish death  He did Just that
  that is exactly what the Cross means to me  

Because Jesus is the" Resurrection" and the Life  that "He is " always
  thats why  its not past
 as to over thow the faith of some

the Last Day  or the Day of the Lord  is the 1000 years  complete  to me

the 930 of old Adam  and the 70 years more or less of  mans days of his flesh  =1000  

Psa 90:10 The days of our years [are] threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength [they be] fourscore years, yet [is] their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

The 1000  years is a" Day "unto the Lord , the Lords Day  or last Day

Psalm 90
A prayer of Moses, the man of God.
 1 Lord, through all the generations
      you have been our home!
 2 Before the mountains were born,
      before you gave birth to the earth and the world,
      from beginning to end, you are God.
 3 You turn people back to dust, saying,
      "Return to dust, you mortals!"
 4 For you, a thousand years are as a passing day,
      as brief as a few night hours.
5 You sweep people away like dreams that disappear.
      They are like grass that springs up in the morning.
 6 In the morning it blooms and flourishes,
      but by evening it is dry and withered.
 7 We wither beneath your anger;
      we are overwhelmed by your fury.
 8 You spread out our sins before you—
      our secret sins—and you see them all.
 9 We live our lives beneath your wrath,
      ending our years with a groan.

10 Seventy years are given to us!
      Some even live to eighty.
   But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
      soon they disappear, and we fly away.
 11 Who can comprehend the power of your anger?
      Your wrath is as awesome as the fear you deserve.
 12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
      so that we may grow in wisdom.

this is the learning phase  our  years as  spirit wraped in Flesh
  they both go  to where they come from ,    up  and away  our spirit returns to God
 and  the flesh / dust   back to the ground where it come from

Jhn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?  

Jesus was showing this  amazing  victory over death while  when raising Lazurus from the dead

the Last Day is  resurrection day   and all things new

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Day of the Lord Judment  in wrath   the old is done way in Christ  

Jhn 12:50   And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.  
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.    I would love to explain this better  , but  many have explained better than this poor attempt  made   by me today , yet  trying to still  :mblush:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:25:27 PM by rosered »
Jesus is the reward  !!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »
Hi Beloved Servant, thank you, sometimes I am drawn to distracting things such as this, I really hate it when I let this happen.

Hi SQ,
The devil is going to use everything he knows about you to distract you from the Way.
Rejoice in your strength through Christ Jesus, the Bridegroom of our soul.

James 1: 12; Happy is the man who is enduring trial, for, becoming qualified, he will be obtaining the wreath of life, which He promises to those loving Him.

1 Thess 5:18; In everything be giving thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Col 1:24; I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for you, and am filling up in my flesh, in His stead, the deficiencies of the afflictions of Christ, for His body, which is the ecclesia

Acts 5:41; They, indeed, then, went from the face of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that they were deemed worthy to be dishonored for the sake of the Name.

alleluiah
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:20:57 PM by Beloved Servant »

SQ

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »
Thanks everyone, I agree channeling is creepy and shouldn't be tried, but as far as the resurrection I am not convinced everyone is dead now.
 I know those that died the body is dead, but the spirit goes back to God.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:41:52 PM by SQ »

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:04:55 PM »
Hey SQ, I agree with your thoughts on creepy channeling.  One thing in this thread I noticed has not been brought up which is the mount of transfiguration.  Did Moses and Elijah stay dead?  Personally, I believe that this passage is much deeper than just talking about Moses or Elijah, but there's another passage in Hebrews that I often use when I'm conducting funerals. 

Many times people will feel the presence of their loved ones even though they've passed on and for me, I believe they're still here . . .they just crossed over in the spirit realm.  Hebrews 11 speaks to the fact that we are encompassed about by those who've gone on before us.  My mind may not be able to grasp all of the aspects of that, but my mind was not expected to operate in the spiritual realm anyway, it's equipped and limited to it's operation in this realm . . .it's my spirit that can see what's in the next.

Offline Nancy

• Snr
Our loved ones
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
hi there,
i agree Nathan that our loved ones are near.  My mother in law died last year totally unexpected, so it was a great shock to my husband and his family.  On the day of her funeral, a butterfly fluttered at the front of the house and landed. It stayed there a little while then flew away.
The weekend before she died was mothers day and her son had sent her flowers with a beautiful ornamental butterfly in with them.  I said to her that she should put the butterfly in a plant pot that she had.
The day of the funeral i looked and the butterfly was in the position that i suggested. Today whilst walking my dog i say a little silver butterfly.  Her stone setting is this month.  I had similar experiences like these and i believe that she is telling us that all is well.

Godbless
Nancy