Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 3002 times)

jabcat

Re: Marriage
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 03:01:37 AM »
Isn't it balance?  Taking all scripture (including the above) in context and in harmony...the same Bible that says love and don't judge, also says don't commit adultery, condemns men lying with men, women burning in lust for each other, etc...as I understand, one scripture doesn't cancel the other...they co-exist.  IMO, love and accept the sinner (all of us) while still heeding Jesus' words to "go and sin no more"...although personally, I'm not there yet :). 

I don't understand it completely as just "natural" vs. "un-natural"...it's more about what Spirit revealed scripture says about it.  As far as I know, scripture doesn't say this ("genetic defects such as conjoined twins [etc]..just because they fall outside of what man calls natural") is sin, but it does specifically speak against pursuing the behavior/acts of homosexuality, as well as many of the things my weak flesh does.  Thank God He's merciful.

God's blessing, James.

Offline fire walker

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 03:42:01 AM »
Diane,

I wandered off topic with this post which is easy to do sometimes, since I don't wish to hijack your therad or any body elses threads here at TM by wandering off topic  I have deleted this post.

Fire Walker
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:35:44 AM by fire walker »
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19

Offline fire walker

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 03:57:29 AM »
Isn't it balance?  (including the above)  as well as many of the things my weak flesh does.  Thank God He's merciful.

God's blessing, James.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yes balance is there, too far to the right or to the left is bound to fall on the right and on the left only the truth in the center is left standing.

And yes, as well as many of the things my weak flesh does. Thank God he is merciful,
Amen to that James, there is no condemnation in Christ.

Fire Walker
If in this life only we have hope in Christ we are of all men most miserable.

1Cr 14:19