Author Topic: Gathering here (Never mind)  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Lloyd

• Snr
    • The Bible Is Libertarian
Gathering here (Never mind)
« on: September 27, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »
* I suppose some members may like to collaborate somehow.
* Does anyone have any proposals for how you'd like to collaborate with anyone here?
[Yeah, right!]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:58:24 AM by Lloyd »

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
Re: Gathering here
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
Any ideas for collaboration? We (forum participants) are scattered all over America so car wash and bake sales are out for raising money for the poor... - unless you want us to get it together and hold them locally and help out God-centered charities with donations of time and money?
I'm not trying to be difficult, but Moses had all the people together at one place at the same time and look at the problems the people gave him... With Moses being an obvious direct choice by God. (miracles, glowing face, etc.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »
* Well, after doing some introspection, moderate self-correction and prayer, I got possible inspiration to start a meeting for business here. I don't know people here very well, just that you're mostly all likely to be universalists, but it seems like some may like to collaborate somehow.
* Does anyone have any proposals for how you'd like to collaborate with anyone here?

When you say "I got possible inspiration to start a meeting for business here. Are you referring to the forum or where you live?

CHB

Offline Lloyd

• Snr
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
CHB said: When you say "I got possible inspiration to start a meeting for business here." Are you referring to the forum or where you live?
* I meant here on this thread of this forum.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 09:36:52 PM »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the use of the word "business"
Please explain... and please tell me it's not multi-level marketing, "christian" or otherwise.
 :friendstu:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lloyd

• Snr
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »
* By "business" I meant "action".

* Does anyone have a proposal for how some of us may promote Christian universalism effectively?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:26:55 PM by Lloyd »

Offline Lloyd

• Snr
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 05:00:31 AM »
I feel like I must be a leper.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:26:24 PM by Lloyd »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 06:20:02 AM »
You're not a leper brother Lloyd.  I imagine you're disappointed, but I think there are multiple reasons why some of this doesn't resonate with folks as you'd hope.  **IF I'M WRONG, FEEL FREE TO join up, organize, etc.  Or Lloyd, maybe what I write will give you some ideas on how to clarify what you're thinking and asking. 

Many have been burned by "religious organization and organizations", so aren't looking to re-organize/re-institute, unless and until God Himself miraculously does it.   I also think some just have varying views about what unity actually is, what it means, what it looks like.  I also think some/many don't believe there will be peace until "God's plan" has run its course, when HE establishes HIS peace - when every knee has bowed and every tongue confessed, all Israel is saved, God is All in All, etc., etc.  Jesus Himself said He came not to bring peace, but a sword.  His message, His Word, divides.  But that's a whole other topic.  On point, Jesus did say blessed are the peacemakers, but what does that mean?  Organizing through man-made groups, or living a life of humility and love, being led by the Lord as we interact with others day by day and however it is that God individually leads us?  Some believe one way about that, some another.  Paul also talked of unity and peace, and exhorted us to live quietly and peaceably.  But I believe the other piece of what he said is important.  He said "as much as is possible/within our [individual] ability to do so".  I believe implicit in that is, there are just some that won't allow it, some that we cannot be in unity or at peace with.  Bringing this full circle in my thoughts, I personally believe we should individually do as we are led by the Spirit, which will bring peace within us and with many we come into contact with.  But some won't have it right now, and Jesus told the apostles to shake the dust off their feet and move on.  I believe there will be strifes ("wars and rumors of wars") until God's plan has run its course and He miraculously fills the earth with His knowledge and righteousness. 

All that doesn't mean we should do "nothing".  But again, I think those who have left institutionalized religion and been led "outside the camp", into the desert "alone with the Lord", may be less likely to look at "re-organizing" as an attractive option.

**I can't speak for everyone, please add your own thoughts and "corrections" anyone, I just thought I'd try to summarize some of my own observations and thoughts;  that it might help explain some of the resistance Lloyd is sensing.   :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 06:28:45 AM »
All the above being said, the following does mean something.   :thumbsup:

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brothers and sisters, you must be continually rejoicing;
you must be continually mending your ways; you must be continually
encouraged; you must be continually setting your minds on the same
things; you must be continually at peace; and the God of love and peace
will be with you!

Romans 15:5 Now may the God who gives endurance
and encouragement, grant you to be continually setting your minds with
one another in the same way and in accordance with the Anointed One
Yesu, 6 so that with one mind and one mouth you might be continually
glorifying the God and Father of our Master Yesu (the Anointed One).
7 For this reason you+ must be continually accepting one another,
just as the Anointed One also accepted us, for the glory of God.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 06:45:18 AM »
 VERY GOOD JOB, JC

IF I MAY ADD...  RELIGION IS BIG BUISINESS....AND MERCHANDIZING THE GOSPEL IN ANY FORM

IS NOTHING I AM INTERESTED IN.  HE GAVE TO ME FREELY..AND I FEEL COMPELLED OF THE

THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GIVE FREELY .  SILVER AND GOLD I DO NOT POSSESS.....  BUT WHAT

I HAVE I GIVE YOU. ALL  THE  SPIRITUAL TREASURES HE GIVE ME..I POUR OUT FOR ALL

ALL THE SPIRITUAL FOOD HE FEEDS ME..I  SHARE WITH ALL

ALL THE BELIEVERS WERE TOGATHER AND HAD EVERYTHING IN COMMON

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANY MAN TO LEAD ME ABOUT..I AM FOLLOWING HIM.....

HIS SPIRIT IS CAPABLE OF CAUSING ME TO WILL AND DO HIS GOOD PLEASURE

HE IS THE ONLY MOVER AND SHAKER I AM INTERESTED IN

YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US IN FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM. :HeartThrob:.HE IS OUR SHEPHERD

AND YOURS TOO!.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 07:01:07 AM »
 :thumbsup: Thanks sheila, very good thoughts and reminders.  Thanks.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 07:16:13 AM »
   SOMETHING ELSE JUST COME TO MY ATTENTION IN ACTS 6...THE CHOOSING OF THE SEVEN

GRECIAN JEWS WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THEIR WIDOWS BEING OVERLOOKED IN THE DAILY

DISTRIBUTION OF FOOD.........ALL I'M SAYING IS  THERE MAY BE A LOT OF PRAYERS GOING UP TO FATHER

FROM PEOPLE WHO  ARE SPIRITUALLY STARVING.

SOMETHING ON THAT MATTER MAY BE GOOD...AS TO WHAT..I DO NOT KNOW

SO THE WORD OF GOD SPREAD   THE NUMBER OF DISCIPLES IN JERUSALEM INCREASED

RAPIDLY AND A LARGE NUMBER OF PRIESTS BECAME OBEDIANT TO THE FAITH

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 07:25:18 AM »
I would like to add that preceding the blessed state of the saints (all things in common, as one soul, and the Lord added daily, etc) they were all filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit. That's the business I am about. Lets get and stay filled, then God will transact through us and we will stand and behold the glory of God for as long as we can stay out of the way, stay humble, and stay in the love of Christ.

So many things we desire to do, and all so well intended
It is only in the power of the Spirit, and soaked in the love of God
We can do as God intended.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »
NOTED AND TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT,BROTHER!

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »
 :gimmefive:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »

Love your signature.   :reachout:

"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out those points?"

:2thumbs:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »
  THAT REALLY IS A GOOD ONE! :laugh:

Offline Lloyd

• Snr
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »
another dud
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:12:48 AM by Lloyd »

Offline CHB

• Silver
Re: Gathering here (Never mind)
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »
I am wondering,  :Chinscratch: what could be done on this forum that we are not doing already?  :dunno:

CHB

Offline Lloyd

• Snr
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 12:34:32 AM »
You could collaborate with each other in numerous ways. I can think of lots of ways to do that, but I'm not going to mention anything until anyone seems the least bit interested.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 12:56:35 AM »
The Cross has already calibrated us.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 04:15:14 AM »
You're not a leper brother Lloyd.  I imagine you're disappointed, but I think there are multiple reasons why some of this doesn't resonate with folks as you'd hope.  **IF I'M WRONG, FEEL FREE TO join up, organize, etc.  Or Lloyd, maybe what I write will give you some ideas on how to clarify what you're thinking and asking. 

Many have been burned by "religious organization and organizations", so aren't looking to re-organize/re-institute, unless and until God Himself miraculously does it.   I also think some just have varying views about what unity actually is, what it means, what it looks like.  I also think some/many don't believe there will be peace until "God's plan" has run its course, when HE establishes HIS peace - when every knee has bowed and every tongue confessed, all Israel is saved, God is All in All, etc., etc.  Jesus Himself said He came not to bring peace, but a sword.  His message, His Word, divides.  But that's a whole other topic.  On point, Jesus did say blessed are the peacemakers, but what does that mean?  Organizing through man-made groups, or living a life of humility and love, being led by the Lord as we interact with others day by day and however it is that God individually leads us?  Some believe one way about that, some another.  Paul also talked of unity and peace, and exhorted us to live quietly and peaceably.  But I believe the other piece of what he said is important.  He said "as much as is possible/within our [individual] ability to do so".  I believe implicit in that is, there are just some that won't allow it, some that we cannot be in unity or at peace with.  Bringing this full circle in my thoughts, I personally believe we should individually do as we are led by the Spirit, which will bring peace within us and with many we come into contact with.  But some won't have it right now, and Jesus told the apostles to shake the dust off their feet and move on.  I believe there will be strifes ("wars and rumors of wars") until God's plan has run its course and He miraculously fills the earth with His knowledge and righteousness. 

All that doesn't mean we should do "nothing".  But again, I think those who have left institutionalized religion and been led "outside the camp", into the desert "alone with the Lord", may be less likely to look at "re-organizing" as an attractive option.

**I can't speak for everyone, please add your own thoughts and "corrections" anyone, I just thought I'd try to summarize some of my own observations and thoughts;  that it might help explain some of the resistance Lloyd is sensing.   :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c: :2c:

Great post.  I can't speak for anyone else but you nailed it for me. 

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 04:47:16 AM »
Good, thanks Shawn.  Blessings.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 05:15:45 AM »
I am wondering,  :Chinscratch: what could be done on this forum that we are not doing already?  :dunno:

CHB

There is so much more. I mean..... I just couldn't congratulate us so much as to say, "what else could we do"?

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »
Lloyd, I see that you have an inner need to do something.  First, know that Jesus has done it all for us, and there is little for us to do but to simply accept His finished work.  Beyond that, there are blessings in cooperating with God's eternal Plan.  Meditate and pray to see what God wants you to do, and where He wants you to do it.  You might become a street evangelist, or become involved in some other kind of ministry.  There is a whole world of things to do out there... :thumbsup:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.