Author Topic: It's Time to Live the Word  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
It's Time to Live the Word
« on: July 22, 2009, 06:02:52 AM »
...and stop bickering about definitions of ancient languages.
Your Lord reigns within, and until He is born again, YOU ARE NOT.

Offline Seth

• Silver
Re: It's Time to Live the Word
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 06:38:51 AM »
Why do you have a beef with defining words?

What if you took that tack as a child? You would never have known what words meant and would never have learned English! We are all here to learn and share Beloved. Please STOP your control tactics and let people discuss as they feel led. Can you do that?  :HeartThrob:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 06:54:17 AM »
yes, milk is for the the child.
meat is not.

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »
Do you remember the characteristic of them who are great in the kingdom? What are they like?

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
<off topic>

forgive me.
Sometimes I wonder...
what if God just makes us all kids again.
How hilarious would that be?
There we are on the new earth, and we're all kids...
I can see my mom and I giggling together... "remember when I was your MOM?!!!!!"   :laughing7: :mshock: :laughing7:
That would be just... hilariously funny

I'm not sure why God gave me this brain.

:coffee:

(I guess so you all would have someone to laugh at and make fun of when you all get too serious with your meat-eating.)

:tease:

Smile ya'll...
love ya,
sparrow

</offtopic>.
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 05:02:00 PM »

Hi ya all ,
  I love Romans 14 it has been a fav of mine for many years now and I do try so hard to live by this ruling my heart and apply this to my own soul ,  so my soul can have the same peace Jesus tells us we can have and Paul also touches on here 

when we come together to eat  the Spiritual food and  the Lord Himself bless it  , only  strength and growth in His Spirit and truth can  come  , wow thats awesome to me
  I do not judge  anyone  here , but this is so edifying   to skip over  and miss an opportunity to say  :HeartThrob:

Rom 14:7   For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 

Rom 14:8   For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 

Rom 14:9   For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 

Rom 14:10   But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 

Rom 14:11   For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 

Rom 14:12   So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 

Rom 14:13   Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way. 

Rom 14:14  I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean. 

Rom 14:15   But if thy brother be grieved with [thy] meat, now walk thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 

Rom 14:16   Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 

Rom 14:17   For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

Rom 14:18   For he that in these things serves Christ [is] acceptable to God, and approved of men. 

Rom 14:19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.   :HeartThrob:

Rom 14:20   For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eats with offence. 

Rom 14:21   [It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbles, or is offended, or is made weak. 

Rom 14:22  Hast thou faith? have [it] to thyself before God. Happy [is] he that condemns not himself in that thing which he allows. 

Rom 14:23   And he that doubts is damned if he eat, because [he eats] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin. 

Offline Seth

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »
<off topic>

forgive me.
Sometimes I wonder...
I can see my mom and I giggling together... "remember when I was your MOM?!!!!!"   :laughing7: :mshock: :laughing7:

He really would do something like that wouldn't He?  :laughing7:

What I see is that we are told to go on and mature, however in that maturing, we are learning to be more like children. I think what God wants from us is "ease of use." And since we are automated against the Spirit from birth, it's like the process of growth is to go back to being a child only without the "lusting against the Spirit" of the flesh.

It's like we are born to be one kind of child, then we GROW.....to be another kind of child.  :laughing7:

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »
<off topic>

forgive me.
Sometimes I wonder...

What I see is that we are told to go on and mature, however in that maturing, we are learning to be more like children. I think what God wants from us is "ease of use." And since we are automated against the Spirit from birth, it's like the process of growth is to go back to being a child only without the "lusting against the Spirit" of the flesh.

It's like we are born to be one kind of child, then we GROW.....to be another kind of child.  :laughing7:

I like that, Seth!
That was great.
 :cloud9:
"I knelt to drink,

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

aspiring son

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »

Hi ya all ,
  I love Romans 14 it has been a fav of mine for many years now and I do try so hard to live by this ruling my heart and apply this to my own soul ,  so my soul can have the same peace Jesus tells us we can have and Paul also touches on here 

when we come together to eat  the Spiritual food and  the Lord Himself bless it  , only  strength and growth in His Spirit and truth can  come  , wow thats awesome to me
  I do not judge  anyone  here , but this is so edifying   to skip over  and miss an opportunity to say  :HeartThrob:

Rom 14:7   For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 

Rom 14:8   For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 

Rom 14:9   For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 

Rom 14:10   But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 

Rom 14:11   For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 

Rom 14:12   So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 

Rom 14:13   Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way. 

Rom 14:14  I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean. 

Rom 14:15   But if thy brother be grieved with [thy] meat, now walk thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 

Rom 14:16   Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 

Rom 14:17   For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

Rom 14:18   For he that in these things serves Christ [is] acceptable to God, and approved of men. 

Rom 14:19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.   :HeartThrob:

Rom 14:20   For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eats with offence. 

Rom 14:21   [It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbles, or is offended, or is made weak. 

Rom 14:22  Hast thou faith? have [it] to thyself before God. Happy [is] he that condemns not himself in that thing which he allows. 

Rom 14:23   And he that doubts is damned if he eat, because [he eats] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin. 

Excellent  :thumbsup: !

<off topic>

forgive me.
Sometimes I wonder...

That's really how it his. Children have such magnificent faith and purity. I will not mind growing into a child   :Sparkletooth:

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 02:32:45 AM »
That's really how it his. Children have such magnificent faith and purity. I will not mind growing into a child   :Sparkletooth:

Me too.
That's kind of been my hidden, secret dream for years... :laughing7:

:icon_flower:

:HeartThrob:
"I knelt to drink,

martincisneros

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »
yes, milk is for the the child.
meat is not.
I've never known those that were honestly needing meat to bicker about those needing the milk of definitions, and neither have I ever seen anything to indicate that you're ready for meat.  Those that are honestly on meat are genuinely content in whatsoever state they find themselves in, and are as comfortable with the newborns desiring the sincere milk of the word that they may grow thereby as they are with folks I'm aware of that could be called "Paul the aged."  Meat is for those already skillful in the Word of righteousness, per Hebrews 5, and I've yet to see skill in anything you've posted.  Additionally, all of the 1Corinthians 12 gifts of the Holy Spirit are proficiently at work in the lives of those genuinely ready for the meat of the Word, according to Hebrews 6 about those that have all of the supernatural powers of the age to come.  1John 2 abuses about the realities of those that are fathers in the faith and particularly when we're talking about on a New Earth context as the opening of the 3rd chapter reveals, by trying to lift the "not have need that any man should teach you because you know all things" is usually only the retort of the most premature in the Word, the Blood, Faith, Seed, and the Anointing.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 03:19:26 AM »
just trying to help.

martincisneros

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 04:00:41 AM »
just trying to help.
Didn't mean to seem to come after you.  Genuinely love the zeal.  But all of the levels need to be validated while you're privately smacking yourself around about coming up higher and giving up more of yourself to living the Word.  All of us are either [consciously] trying to get there, or have been grabbed by the ear, nose, hair, eye lids, privates, or whatever by Him and are being drug into that revelation of the fullness of Jesus Christ in these earthen vessels so that the treasure and power of God are evidently of God and not of us.  When we're the most frustrated about the productivity or season of the Word in our own lives, as our own natural manure is being laid down for the harvest, that's when you, me, St. Paul, and even Christ Jesus (particularly in the past, per the Gospels) are ready to smack anything/anyone in sight: "How long am I going to have to be with you??!!  How long am I going to have to put up with this generation??!!"  "I wish I could be with you and be able to change my tone with you, 'cause I have doubts about you..." and the dozen or two other "how long am I going to have to put up with this?" or "what the heck were you saying, believing, and thinking that caused that?" statements from both Jesus and Paul to let us know that they were not having good days with either the growth of others or where they wanted to personally be by then -- even if feeling content within themselves about their relationship with God and purity of heart, conscience, and ways regarding His purposes.  But still that -- wanna be on the other side of this ocean by now!! -- eating away at them, if they weren't particularly guarding of their emotions and thoughts to keep them in that place of thanksgiving and contentment by thanksgiving so that all of His Absolute Clarity would be there when He chose to reveal the actual manifestations of all He'd been promising them for thousands of years, if not longer with before the world hints and implications in the Scriptures.

aspiring son

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 04:10:59 AM »
just trying to help.
Didn't mean to seem to come after you.  Genuinely love the zeal.  But all of the levels need to be validated while you're privately smacking yourself around about coming up higher and giving up more of yourself to living the Word.  All of us are either [consciously] trying to get there, or have been grabbed by the ear, nose, hair, eye lids, privates, or whatever by Him and are being drug into that revelation of the fullness of Jesus Christ in these earthen vessels so that the treasure and power of God are evidently of God and not of us.  When we're the most frustrated about the productivity or season of the Word in our own lives, as our own natural manure is being laid down for the harvest, that's when you, me, St. Paul, and even Christ Jesus (particularly in the past, per the Gospels) are ready to smack anything/anyone in sight: "How long am I going to have to be with you??!!  How long am I going to have to put up with this generation??!!"  "I wish I could be with you and be able to change my tone with you, 'cause I have doubts about you..." and the dozen or two other "how long am I going to have to put up with this?" or "what the heck were you saying, believing, and thinking that caused that?" statements from both Jesus and Paul to let us know that they were not having good days with either the growth of others or where they wanted to personally be by then -- even if feeling content within themselves about their relationship with God and purity of heart, conscience, and ways regarding His purposes.  But still that -- wanna be on the other side of this ocean by now!! -- eating away at them, if they weren't particularly guarding of their emotions and thoughts to keep them in that place of thanksgiving and contentment by thanksgiving so that all of His Absolute Clarity would be there when He chose to reveal the actual manifestations of all He'd been promising them for thousands of years, if not longer with before the world hints and implications in the Scriptures.

"Be patient, brethren, unto the coming (parousia-presence) of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waits for the precious fruit of the earth, and has long patience for it, until he receives the  early and latter rains.

So you also be patient, establish your hearts, for the coming (presence) of the Lord draws near.  James 5 7-8

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 04:17:05 AM »
Amazing you just posted that Scripture aspiring son because I just posted this song on another thread moments ago:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIlqi8cpq24

aspiring son

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 04:42:10 AM »
Amazing you just posted that Scripture aspiring son — because I just posted this song on another thread moments ago:

:thumbsup:. great confirmation.

A new season is dawning which we will be deeper in him. We will not worry about the words that we speak, for they will be his.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 04:53:23 AM »
amen amen amen
that is His promise

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »
Amazing you just posted that Scripture aspiring son because I just posted this song on another thread moments ago:

:thumbsup:. great confirmation.

A new season is dawning which we will be deeper in him. We will not worry about the words that we speak, for they will be his.

God bless your heart!!!  :HeartThrob:

I am also reminded of how we are to forgive  also wrongs , forgiveness wow , it is a sure sign of Love working to me  :thumbsup:
  who but Jesus nailed at the cross would say "forgive them  Father for they know not what  they do"' ............

that is just "pure love/ heart  there!! "

I so do desire to speak like Him   and more so be like Him  in every way  :HeartThrob:

you have blessed my soul today  ..  all of you

rose  :icon_flower:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
It's Time to Live the Word

I do believe it is THE WORD THAT LIVES IN US at this time     :HeartThrob:

Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:  

that is just awesome  :icon_flower: