Author Topic: Is natural law real?  (Read 821 times)

Offline Universalist Catholic

Is natural law real?
« on: May 13, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »
Its this belief that Humans are born with the ability to distinguish good from evil by human reasoning alone.  For example, knowing that one finite sin does not equal unending punishment.  

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Is natural law real?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »
Perhaps not completly on-topic but a few days back I've read a news article about research that proves that babies are aware of good and evil.
So they know without reasoning and teaching.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »
Perhaps not completly on-topic but a few days back I've read a news article about research that proves that babies are aware of good and evil.
So they know without reasoning and teaching.
Yes, they are, at least in my experience.  It's really remarkable. 

They learn how to lie, cheat, and steal from their parents. :mblush:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Universalist Catholic

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 07:48:59 AM »
Then I wonder about how we can be carnal minded but at the same time on reason understand certain truths without ever picking up a bible. 

1. That Eternal Punishment is a cruel and unjust punishment.  Yet thats not even a true bible teaching.  But that is one of the main reasons so many people are leaving the organized Churches

2. That blindly following a religious leaders opinion as fact is dangerous.  But the bible tells us to reason together, study thyself approved and test all things. 

3. People do not like being lorded over by anyone, whether its a government, corporation, church, school, or gaurdians.  Yet the bible tells us not to lord over anyone. 

4. All major world religions past and present taught all the same ethics.  No killing, lying, stealing, adultery, ect.

5. Its considering bullying if you go pushing someone around who is of lesser power, yet considered bravery to stand up to someone who is higer up.  Jesus was a lot nicer to the "lowly" than the religious leaders. 

yet we still have people who use the bible to justify some sexist, racist or otuer filtyh belief they arer trying to support.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:03:59 AM »
Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:   
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,   60
        Hath had elsewhere its setting,   
          And cometh from afar:   
        Not in entire forgetfulness,   
        And not in utter nakedness,   
But trailing clouds of glory do we come   65
        From God, who is our home: