Author Topic: Human Memories In The Heavens  (Read 3096 times)

Fang_Diachi

Human Memories In The Heavens
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:22:43 AM »
This is something that has been disturbing me for quite some time now and I thought it would be appropriate to ask here, seeing as many others may wonder the same as I do...

Do you think you will remember the things you have seen, done, and experienced on the earth once you are dead and out of your humanly body? The reason I say it like this is because one of the things I see that majorly opposes the possibility is that memories, and thought are stored in your human mind... something not taken with you after your death.

I have not seen any biblical refrences to this kind of question but I also wonder about your memories possibly being saved? Restored into a more powerful and spiritual mind in much greater detail, no forgetting, and a very clear picture of them all.

I have not had time yet to study this from a biblical standpoint, seeing as I thought of the questions problem (Humanly mind not going with you) just a short while ago. I just thought I would post this to discuss and see your thoughts on it. =3

Personally speaking now though... I think it would be cruelty for you to lose all your memories... all the times you made people laugh... smile... all the people who were so close to you and every bit of joy you have had throughout your life. It says however that there will be no pain or sadness in Heaven, and I know every humans memories has some pain or sadness involved somewhere... but from my personal standpoint, I would live with all the pain I have had to suffer through my past and my memories for the rest of eternity before I would stand my memories, even if only the bad ones (as some bad ones tied into amazing ones) being erased from me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Human Memories In The Heavens
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:29:59 AM »
If you loose your memory that means you don't even know the difference between Jesus and satan.
You don't know who God is. Neither do you know about all teachings/commands of God and Jesus in the Bible.
Just try to imagine a day without memory. You wouldn't even be able to communicate because you know no language.

There must be memory imo.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Fang_Diachi

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:33:40 AM »
That makes sense but it seems as if you would speak in a different form than words in the heavens... I mean not everyone knows one language...

As for the teachings of the Bible a part of me wants to say God would show you this first hand once you were with him, but it is being battled with another part of me that says if that was true everything you study about God would be worthless... and it sure isnt worthless...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »
 :cloud9: Haven't thought about it to be honest, but just wanted to say, WELCOME BACK FANG!  Where you been, buddy?  How's things going for you? :bigGrin:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 08:32:35 AM »
Fang,

You are right about the language. I mentioned that just to show memory is more frequently used than many are aware of.

Yes, God could show us things. Then we know them. Ok. When I say God could also skip the whole creation and create a few billion people in Heaven. Then others object that God wants people to follow a learning process.
After 80 years of intense study you die. Someone that partied for 80 years dies too. Both wake up with no memory.
One goes to heaven. One goes to "hell" Both they don't know why. In fact they don't even remember they where neighbors  :laughing7:

As for the teachings of the Bible a part of me wants to say God would show you this first hand once you were with him, but it is being battled with another part of me that says if that was true everything you study about God would be worthless... and it sure isnt worthless...
Exactly my point!
I think it's more that knowledge gets added instead of removed.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 09:13:54 AM »
I think it's more that knowledge gets added instead of removed.

:thumbsup:

"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Fang_Diachi

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 06:36:29 AM »
@ Cardinal - Haha hey there! =D Sorry I havent been on lately! Ive got a job now taking up my weekend time so its been a squeeze. TwT But im hopefully back now regularly. ^^

@WhiteWing - Exactly like, all the things people study... a scientist, or just a scholar who promotes their lives to that work... it couldnt be just for waste? And LOL on the neighbor thing. xD But seriously... I want to learn all I can before I leave this world... all I can about God, about people, animals, plants, machines, art, literature... anything you can imagine! I love to learn new things! I think it would be such a waste to forget them.

Like I said before a part of me, when I imagine Heaven from my viewpoint, sees a memory without gray spots or cloudyness. Where you can see everything as clear as if you were looking right at it, where you can remember every thing, every detail. Much better than my human mind which often forgets things, or overlooks important detail... =/ Its a bird, its a plane, no... its SUPERBRAIN! xD

I just wonder about bad memories though... like I said before I would rather live with the pain than some of them go away... some of the bad memories brought me the greatest joys in the future, but still sting greatly to think about. But there is no pain in Heaven... =/

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »
Hi Fang,

I think there is a 'spiritual mind/knowing' in each of us..

that has been somewhat 'obscured/hidden' here while we

dwell on earth in our earthen vessels.

I beleive many of our thoughts here are strictly of a temporal

nature,and that ONLY THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT WITH US

WILL EXIST IN THE ETERNAL REALM...when I think about some

comments about suffering that ended in good..I think

of  'longsuffering' and it's eternal nature of  the spirit.I see

a great rejoicing in heaven that the spirit of long-suffering

has enabled

But, also, I remember when the floods came in Noah's

day..how God said every thought in man was evil..I beleive it

will not have a place in the eternal.Serve no purpose

The 'former' things shall be remembered no more..I beleive

any memories we have will fade eventually in the eternal realm

Just as now, in our life...a painful memory we may have

expierenced in our past..is rarely brought up to our mind..

and we leave it behind and contemplate on today instead

Who wants to dwell on hurts of the past,when a bright future

lies before us?

Even now,when someone has been in a very traumatizing

event, when they gain consciousness..they have no memory of

the event or just a few bits or peices of it.

I beleive He does this for some children that have been in

traumatic situations. Also,even now, some have been so

psychologically traumatized ,they may awaken with no memory

of their identity or past.I beleive that HE as the Great Physician

knows when and where certain things need to be edited from

our memory,for our own well being and peace of mind.

Sheila

Offline chuckt

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »
a strong light will drowned out weaker light.

Offline legoman

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »
I think we will definitely remember what has happened in this life - otherwise what is the point of it all?  At the very least our memories here will be used as some kind of "imprint" so that we will know what good & evil is. 

When God's judgments come, the people learn righteousness - I'm sure we won't forget righteousness in heaven.

Peace...

Offline chuckt

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
this is a tuff one, if god remembers our sins no more why would we?

seems if i remember alot of things it wont be heaven for me but hell :mblush:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 05:23:35 PM »
I think 'remember' means 'not held against you'.

martincisneros

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »
Remember, or remembrance, is a covenant term that carries the idea of it being a claw in your face that you can't see around, and everything you do is in the light of what's right in your face, or what's permanently joined with your face, such as when Jesus said over the Bread and Cup, "do this in remembrance of Me."  There's lots and lots of terms like that in both the Old and New Testaments that without doing an indepth study of covenants, you'll miss the full weight of what you're reading, or what you're liable to hear from someone whose mind is totally renewed to a covenant framework of life.  Remember or remembrance basically means maximized importance, although the lexicons by themselves without a more careful study of the terms involved are liable to say everything short of that missing the most so-called primative origins of these words.  Salt's another one of those terms coming straight from covenant and not just from the Mosaic law.  In covenant terminology salt would include the ideas of preservation and resurrection.  H. Clay Trumbull, the author of "The Blood Covenant" also wrote a smaller volume that's no less important called "The Salt Covenant."  And I've got a copy, [or hopefully still do,] of his book "The Threshold Covenant," but haven't read it yet.  Probably haven't finished the Salt Covenant either, although I know I've read at least half of it.

martincisneros

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »
I might be wrong, but I'm thinking there's an Old Testament reference to someone's sins having come up in God's face.  This is what it's talking about.  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more means He's got the Cross and it's Blood right in His face, permanently joined with it.  He only sees and conducts Himself by the promises, principles, and legal precidents being worked out in the New Covenant.  He passed the Bread and Cup and said, you do the same!

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 06:31:30 PM »
 :cloud9: He gave me something on salt a couple of years ago, and I wanted to read that book you're referring to Martin, but never got around to getting it.  

I also wanted to share something else. I had no remembrance (because I prayed for Him to take it from my memory when I was a child of about 11 or 12) of abuse that happened to me when I was a child. Four months after I came to the Lord, for no apparent reason, the memory of it all came flooding back to me in detail, one after another, as He healed me of the damage. There was a tangible anointing of His presence while this happened, and I sobbed through the four hours that this took, and then there was no more pain, no more tears.

So I know from personal experience, He can both take the memories, and give them back to heal you from them, then take them from you again, leaving only the painless knowledge that X happened to you, but you can't remember X details anymore, just that it happened.

I always think of this when I read the scripture about Him drying up our tears in heaven. In the realm of His Spirit/anointing, He does dry up the tears, but there has to be tears present, for Him to dry them up in the first place. I think this is why. We carry around a kind of "band-aid" on our hearts until this happens, because the wound beneath it is not really healed. But for a season, it keeps it from becoming infected with bitterness, until the Master Healer's season to heal it comes, and so thoroughly it's like it never even happened.

I also think of this when I recall that when I think of the healing evangelist of the last century, Katherine Kuhlman's response to a reporter who asked her about her 2 year marriage that she was not to have entered into and later repented of. She said something to the effect of, "That wasn't me, that person is dead."

I don't think she was trying to be coy, I think that when He heals us from sin or the effects of sin, He does so well, it's like it happened to another person. Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline chuckt

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »
1) to remind

a) to be recalled or to return to one's mind, to remind one's self of, to remember

b) to be recalled to mind, to be remembered, had in remembrance

c) to remember a thing

d) be mindful of

Offline chuckt

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »
maybe when we see things for what they really were and how God turned our evil into Good, rememberence wont have the same meaning we apply to it here in this realm?

chuckt trying to think  :happy3:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »
maybe when we see things for what they really were and how God turned our evil into Good, rememberence wont have the same meaning we apply to it here in this realm?

chuckt trying to think  :happy3:

:cloud9: Exactly, "chuckt trying to think", LOL..... :winkgrin: 

It's like the poison is taken out of the asp. An asp without poison would be harmless. Seems like I remember a scripture about an asp with a child? .....Card trying to think.... :happy3:

Offline legoman

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »
Remember, or remembrance, is a covenant term that carries the idea of it being a claw in your face that you can't see around, and everything you do is in the light of what's right in your face, or what's permanently joined with your face, such as when Jesus said over the Bread and Cup, "do this in remembrance of Me."  There's lots and lots of terms like that in both the Old and New Testaments that without doing an indepth study of covenants, you'll miss the full weight of what you're reading, or what you're liable to hear from someone whose mind is totally renewed to a covenant framework of life.  Remember or remembrance basically means maximized importance, although the lexicons by themselves without a more careful study of the terms involved are liable to say everything short of that missing the most so-called primative origins of these words.  Salt's another one of those terms coming straight from covenant and not just from the Mosaic law.  In covenant terminology salt would include the ideas of preservation and resurrection.  H. Clay Trumbull, the author of "The Blood Covenant" also wrote a smaller volume that's no less important called "The Salt Covenant."  And I've got a copy, [or hopefully still do,] of his book "The Threshold Covenant," but haven't read it yet.  Probably haven't finished the Salt Covenant either, although I know I've read at least half of it.

Thats quite interesting Martin - I had never heard of that meaning for rememberance before.  Basically saying we won't focus on the things of the past anymore. 

I kind of view it how we look at past things that weren't pleasant at the time but are funny now. 

"Hey Joe remember that time you fell off the roof!"
"LOL Yeah Bob that was crazy wasn't it? At least I can laugh at it now." 

And Joe also remembers that its not fun to fall off a roof but he doesn't need to focus on the pain of it anymore - its in the past and won't happen again.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 01:41:18 AM »

legoman,

That is kind of the way I see things as well. I mean, why go through all this mess here if we won't be able to remember a thing and be like zombies.

Say you are going through a really rough time and things turn around.  When the really rough time is over and you are experiencing the relief from it, it is hard to picture how bad it really was. I think when we become immortal we will be so happy and relieved that all these bad things will seem unimportant but we will have learned a few things from them.

CHB

martincisneros

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 04:24:48 AM »
I also think of this when I recall that when I think of the healing evangelist of the last century, Katherine Kuhlman's response to a reporter who asked her about her 2 year marriage that she was not to have entered into and later repented of. She said something to the effect of, "That wasn't me, that person is dead."
So busy my last three years saying everything God's said to say and learning to really trim off most of the rest that I hadn't noticed.  I genuinely hadn't taken the time to be very reflective about it.  I think I've referred a time or two to having zero emotional baggage, but hadn't thought it through.  I've never been married.  Never lost my virginity.  I'm clean.  No disappointments.  No apprehensions.  I've never been out of His will.  I'm free and sin never happened in my life.  Thank God for the Blood of Jesus (Ephesians 2:13) and for the New Birth (1Peter 1:23).  Any man in the Anointing One and in His Anointing is a new creation: old things have passed away; all things are become new, and all things pertaining to this new creation are of God (Colossians 3:17; 1John 1:7; 1John 2:6; 1John 4:17).  Totally free!  Thank God, He's no respecter of persons.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 04:43:19 AM »
 :cloud9: Praise God Martin, for the work He has done and is doing in you, that will keep you from the pitfalls some of the rest of us have had to overcome. How richly He has blessed you, just in that measure alone.

I was grieved for a season when I first came to Him and realized what I had missed out on, and how many years (I was almost 30 when I came to Him) I figured I had pretty much had free rein to destroy my life with. I really was sad that He did get through to me through someone at 16 or 18 or even 24 would have been better. Blessings...

martincisneros

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »
Know of any good biographies on Kathryn Kuhlman?  I was born in '75, so I didn't get to really know her ministry while she was alive.  But I can more than relate to that question she was asked.  There was a guy named Martin Cisneros that did something incredibly stupid a few years ago, but as she said, that guy died shortly thereafter.  I wonder how many of the rest of us that it took something like that to finally grow us up about only pursuing His will.  Benny Hinn speaks of her often 'cause she was in his life what Kenneth Copeland has been in mine.  It's always neat when you can trace a geneology of the anointing back a few generations.  His goes all of the way back to Maria Woodworth Etter, then Amie Simple MacPhearson, then Kathryn, and then to him.  I've never prayerfully traced the seed of the anointing in my life beyond two or three generations.  But some ministers can trace what God's doing in them and through them all of the way back to Azusa Street and further back.  It's so precious to have a lineage and legacy in the anointing and in the Word.  Goes back to that "great cloud of witnesses" that Hebrews talks about, that's probably sorta the short affirmative answer to the question posed by this thread.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »
 :cloud9: My grandfather came to the Lord under the ministry of Aimee McPherson, during a visit to California. The Lord was gracious enough to let me find this out (he died in '41), a few months before my father (his son) died.

The family (I didn't know they were still hiding their Jewish descent, until years later) never spoke of it, deciding that he must have gone to California and had a nervous breakdown (because he was born again). Which, in retrospect, is why they said the same thing about me, when I told them Jesus was in my heart.  :mshock:  :mblush:

So for several years I thought I was the first one saved in my family, and so was quite shocked to find out my grandfather who died way before I was born, had been. I was privileged to be used of the Lord to lead his then 95-year-old widow (my grandmother) to the Lord before she died at age 98. Several years later He used me and one of his friends to lead my father to the Lord while he was in his hospital bed.

So I consider that seed that God used Aimee to plant, as the reason it has gone down thru the generations since. Isn't God good? Blessings....

Fang_Diachi

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »

legoman,

That is kind of the way I see things as well. I mean, why go through all this mess here if we won't be able to remember a thing and be like zombies.

Say you are going through a really rough time and things turn around.  When the really rough time is over and you are experiencing the relief from it, it is hard to picture how bad it really was. I think when we become immortal we will be so happy and relieved that all these bad things will seem unimportant but we will have learned a few things from them.

CHB

Its all really interesting but confusing... I think I am going to see if I can find any scriptures right now to better explain this to me.