Author Topic: Hebrews, first part...great scriptures, good study  (Read 1165 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Hebrews, first part...great scriptures, good study
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:43:29 AM »
Anybody really paid any attention to the first 2-3 chapters of Hebrews lately?  There's some really inspiring statements in there.  Some really make me think again about a) some of my original beliefs and b) things I've heard more recently, and to consider the two.  A few passages;

He is carrying everything by his powerful Declaration.  When He had caused a cleansing for wrongdoing...

Then You in the beginning laid the earth's foundation.  The heavens are the works of Your hands.  They will be destroyed, yet You are going to continue;

You have loved whatever is right and hated whatever is unjust

...Son of Humanity...You have made him inferior to the Messengers for a little bit...have placed Him over the works of Your hands...He left nothing that isn't subservient to Him.  YET IT IS A FACT THAT WE DON'T YET SEE EVERYTHING SUBSERVIENT TO HIM...

SO THAT BY GOD'S FAVOR, He might taste death on behalf of everyone

He..should make the Originator of ...Salvation perfect through suffering....so that by His death He might make the one who has the might of death to vanish (that is, the Adversary

For assuredly He isn't giving a helping hand to the Messengers, but He is giving a helping hand to Abraham's seed.  For this reason He had to be made like His brothers and sisters in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful Chief Priest in the things offered to God, to make a shelter of mercy for the wrondoings of the people.  For because of what He Himself has already suffered when He was tested, He is able to help those who are being tested.

God's blessing, James.

Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Hebrews, first part...great scriptures, good study
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:11:58 AM »
8But of the Son he says,

"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
   the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
9You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;therefore God, your God, has anointed you
   with the oil of gladness beyond your companions."

10And,

"You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
   and the heavens are the work of your hands;
11they will perish, but you remain;
   they will all wear out like a garment,
12like a robe you will roll them up,
   like a garment they will be changed.
But you are the same,
   and your years will have no end."

--Hebrews 1

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 02:22:57 AM »

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.
   The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness;

7 you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you
   with the oil of gladness beyond your companions;

--Psalm 45:6-7

Psalm 11
7For the LORD is righteous;he loves righteous deeds;
    the upright shall behold his face.

Psalm 33
5 He loves righteousness and justice;
    the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.

64 The earth, O LORD, is full of your steadfast love;
    teach me your statutes!
--Psalm 119

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 01:11:42 AM »
Heb. 4, The Christian Bible;

Then God stopped on the seventh day from all His works" [Gen. 2:2].  5  Then again, in this place, "They will never enter into My stopping [from work with Me;  the Promised Land]!" [Psa. 95:11].  6 So then, since it is left over for some to enter into it, and those who formerly had the good message delivered to them, didn't enter because of their unpersuadableness, 7 He again designates a certain day, "Today" [Heb 3:7], saying after so long a time through David, just as He had already declared previously [to those in the wasteland], "Today, if you hear His voice, you must not harden your hearts!" [Ps. 95:7-8].  9 Therefore left over for the people of God is a Sabbath Day Stopping. * (Translator's Note - Sabbath Day Stopping means the Paradise (the new [third] earth of the Last Age, the 8th Major Day since Creation began.  The beginning of the 8th Major Day is also the beginning of the Pentecost...When this 8th Major Day begins, it will also be the...day for humans and of God's stopping from His work.)  10 For the person who has entered into His stopping [from work with Him;  the True Promised Land] (the Paradise of the Last Age)], has also stopped from his works, just like God stopped from His.  11 So then, we should be diligent about entering into that stopping, so that no one might fall into the same example of unpersuadableness.  12  For God's Word is continually living and effective in operation;
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:33:14 AM »

6But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

--Mat 12

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:40:36 AM »
Molly, how do you compare/meld those passages from Hebrews and Matthew?  What's the message you get?  Thanks.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:53:36 AM »
Quote from: Jeb
(Translator's Note - Sabbath Day Stopping means the Paradise (the new [third] earth of the Last Age, the 8th Major Day since Creation began.  The beginning of the 8th Major Day is also the beginning of the Pentecost...When this 8th Major Day begins, it will also be the...day for humans and of God's stopping from His work.)

Pentecost is the great festival that marks the birth of the Christian church by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Pentecost means "fiftieth day" and is celebrated fifty days after Easter.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

--Gen 2

"Eden"

H5730
עדנה    עדן
[b‛êden [/b] ‛ednâh
ay'-den, ed-naw'
From H5727; pleasure: - delicate, delight, pleasure. See also H1040.

"Paradise" (Hebrew פרדס PaRDeS) used as a synonym for the Garden of Eden "

Hebrew pardes appears thrice in the Tanakh; in the Song of Solomon 4:13, Ecclesiastes 2:5 and Nehemiah 2:8. In those contexts it could be interpreted as a park, a garden or an orchard. In the 3rd-1st century BCE Septuagint, Greek parádeisos was used to translate both Hebrew pardes and Hebrew gan, "garden": it is from this usage that the use of "paradise" to refer to the Garden of Eden derives. This usage also appears in Arabic firdaws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Eden#Eden_as_paradise

Leviticus 25:10
And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 02:10:52 AM »
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

Le 23:15-22 The feast of Weeks was held in remembrance of the giving of the law, fifty days after the departure from Egypt; and looked forward to the outpouring of the Holy Ghost, fifty days after Christ our Passover was sacrificed for us. On that day the apostles presented the first-fruits of the Christian church to God. To the institution of the feast of Pentecost, is added a repetition of that law, by which they were required to leave the gleanings of their fields. Those who are truly sensible of the mercy they received from God, will show mercy to the poor without grudging.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:16:06 AM »
Molly, how do you compare/meld those passages from Hebrews and Matthew?  What's the message you get?  Thanks.

26How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

27And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Mark 2

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

--Hebrews 4:3

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 05:40:33 AM »
I am not being sarcastic, this is an honest question. Does anyone believe the Spirit is still being poured out as at Pentecost, in the demonstration of the spirit and power. I do. I am just wondering if anyone else relates possessing promised land and rest and overcoming and sonship to the outpouring of the Spirit and the early and latter rains.

"Today, if you hear His voice......(He. 3)

"Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain--if indeed it was in vain? So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
(Gal 3:2-5)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 05:54:31 AM »
Yes.

13But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.

--Heb 3

"to share"

G3353
μέτοχος
metochos
met'-okh-os
From G3348; participant, that is, (as noun) a sharer; by implication an associate: - fellow, partaker, partner.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 06:01:47 AM »

Yes.

Matthew 5:48;
You, then, shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 06:46:27 AM »
I love Hebrews. I mean, the structure- from the beginnings of the oracles of God...arche....foundations- who Christ is(1,2), what koinonea in the Voice brings, (rest, grace, possession)(3,4), the challenge to move through tasting the heavenly gift and the powers of the age into faithful stewards and to come deeper still(5,6), in maturity, in the spirit of priesthood, in the freedom of cleansing, in the fellowship of a priesthood of reconciliation(7,8,9). Then joining those who have gone before, laboring in faith with a great cloud of witnesses, into the manifestation of the Bride, the heavenly Jerusalem, who "comes down" out of heaven as we are "caught up" into the myriads of angels, the spirits of righteous men made perfect, the "general assembly of the firstborn registered in the heavens", a city not of man, with foundations in the heavenly realms in Christ, a city whose builder and maker is God(10,11,12).....Finished with love for the brethren and grace to strangers(13). Oh man.... I am just amazed at God Almighty and My Lord Jesus Christ!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 07:38:57 AM »
9So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

--Heb 4

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them."

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

--Psalm 23

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 04:12:40 PM »
And the Spirit and the Bride say, "Come, let everyone who thirsts drink freely of the water of life."

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »
I am not being sarcastic, this is an honest question. Does anyone believe the Spirit is still being poured out as at Pentecost, in the demonstration of the spirit and power. I do. I am just wondering if anyone else relates possessing promised land and rest and overcoming and sonship to the outpouring of the Spirit and the early and latter rains.

"Today, if you hear His voice......(He. 3)

"Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.

:cloud9: ABSOLUTELY  :thumbsup:

"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
I love Hebrews. I mean, the structure- from the beginnings of the oracles of God...arche....foundations- who Christ is(1,2), what koinonea in the Voice brings, (rest, grace, possession)(3,4), the challenge to move through tasting the heavenly gift and the powers of the age into faithful stewards and to come deeper still(5,6), in maturity, in the spirit of priesthood, in the freedom of cleansing, in the fellowship of a priesthood of reconciliation(7,8,9). Then joining those who have gone before, laboring in faith with a great cloud of witnesses, into the manifestation of the Bride, the heavenly Jerusalem, who "comes down" out of heaven as we are "caught up" into the myriads of angels, the spirits of righteous men made perfect, the "general assembly of the firstborn registered in the heavens", a city not of man, with foundations in the heavenly realms in Christ, a city whose builder and maker is God(10,11,12).....Finished with love for the brethren and grace to strangers(13). Oh man.... I am just amazed at God Almighty and My Lord Jesus Christ!

:cloud9:  :thumbsup: I love Hebrews too......Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Zeek

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
This verse is later than the first few chapters, but wonder what u think this refers to

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

what is this first covenant? 

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 06:08:59 PM »

Justification by works;
replaced by
Justification by faith.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
The law of Moses where man has agreed to keep up his end of the bargain by keeping the law.  If he messes up, which he will, he dies.  It's a covenant with death.

15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

--Deut 30

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 03:44:40 AM »
Hebrews 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more