Author Topic: Has anyone ever heard of David Stewart  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Universalist Catholic

Has anyone ever heard of David Stewart
« on: April 25, 2010, 02:41:26 AM »
He operates this Website: http://jesus-is-savior.com/

Personally, I think its nothing more than some hate cult against anyone who does not agree with his far right fundamentalism.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Has anyone ever heard of David Stewart
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 05:16:56 AM »
 :cloud9: No....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:20:06 AM »
No.
I haven't either.
But, just looking at the confusion of the home page is enough to cause one to run away.
Righteousness, peace and joy are the fruits of Jesus Christ.
Without Him is the obvious chaos offered by Adam.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »
I agree in part with much I find on that site.  Yet it is spiritually immature preoccupations with the affairs of the world.  It is brittle, sectarian and lacking in the largeness of heart, the leniency of Christ.  Still, some of these evils exposed at this site ought to be recognized for what they are.  We all have to start someplace.  We have to pass through the outer court to enter the holy place or beyond.

When the planes flew into the twin towers, it was on the middle of three days during which I was undergoing a special work of God in my life.  During 9/10, 9/11, and 9/12 I was taken into a realm higher than our ordinary experience of life.  There was simultaneously an increased light that was brightest on 9/11.  Thoughout I heard the Spirit repeat these words over and over many times:  "We are not of the nations.  We are not of the nations.  We are not of the nations."
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:10:20 AM »

Understood.

When "these" things happen just be still and KNOW THAT I AM GOD.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »
Quote from: Reformer
Thoughout I heard the Spirit repeat these words over and over many times:  "We are not of the nations.  We are not of the nations.  We are not of the nations."

That's interesting.  I can sort of see the logic of that.  I also sense that attitude a lot here.  As if what happens to people on this earth is of no consequence, or as if we are to be about something bigger.

But is that really how Jesus saw it?  Why do you think they killed him?  Who here would walk up to our leaders and call them vipers and hypocrites?  Who would have the courage, the strength, and the heart to call out evil?  Better yet, who could not?  Jesus did it and he was about his Father's business.  Aren't we supposed to follow him?  Maybe eventually we will not be of the nations, but--

"He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.

--Luke 16:10

Offline Universalist Catholic

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:54:41 PM »
I found his website fairly disturbing.  Half the time he seems to be casting stones at anyone who he disagrees with.  He is right definitely on abortions, but it seems more politically Right winged geared than in spirit. 

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57:06 PM »
It's a great site. That's the place where I first heard about UR  :thumbsup:
Ok, he was not very positive about it....
Really if that man would be the judge, I doubt that even Jesus would make it to heaven...
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 05:13:15 AM »
Thoughout I heard the Spirit repeat these words over and over many times:  "We are not of the nations.  We are not of the nations.  We are not of the nations."

That's interesting.  I can sort of see the logic of that.  I also sense that attitude a lot here.  As if what happens to people on this earth is of no consequence, or as if we are to be about something bigger.

But is that really how Jesus saw it?  Why do you think they killed him?  Who here would walk up to our leaders and call them vipers and hypocrites?  Who would have the courage, the strength, and the heart to call out evil?  Better yet, who could not?  Jesus did it and he was about his Father's business.  Aren't we supposed to follow him?  Maybe eventually we will not be of the nations, but--

"He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.

--Luke 16:10
I did experience that, just as I described.

The background of the phrase, "We are not of the nations" is it translates, "We are not of the gentiles."

Part of understanding, "We are not of the nations" is to not look at the events of 9/11 from an "American" point of view, but to see it from the heavenlies.  It is not about the USA versus Iraq or Afganistan for us.  We are called to be a prophetic shepherding many-membered body in the earth, not racists, not nationalists, not denominationalists, but of God Who is the God of all flesh.  That doesn't mean we don't care for out native land.  We just can't automatically identify with those claiming authority over its inhabitants or see certain events in the light national "authorities" shine on them.

Consider:  When Jesus resurrected from the dead Ceasar's seal on the tomb was broken.  It seem, since an angel rolled back the stone that had the seal, then it was broken by an angel.  I think Jesus was already gone, having passed through the tomb with His immortal body.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:56:52 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »

Our citizenship is in heaven.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
It is not about the USA versus Iraq or Afganistan for us

It never was.  It was always about truth versus propaganda and life versus death.

Consider:  When Jesus resurrected from the dead Ceasar's seal on the tomb was broken.  It seem, since an angel rolled back the stone that had the seal, then it was broken by an angel.  I think Jesus was already gone, having passed through the tomb with His immortal body.

wow.  I never saw that.  It confirms that we are no longer sealed by Caesar and the government he represents or by the tomb of this body of death. But, rather we are freed to be sealed by God.  That's wonderful!

2And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
 3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

--Rev 7

Quote from: Beloved Servant
Our citizenship is in heaven.

Yes, but we are ambassadors to earth.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »

Amen, Molly.
The Lord sows the garden.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:16:29 PM »
 :cloud9: Angels go before Him, lest He dash His foot against a STONE??? Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor