Author Topic: Hanging on, Why?  (Read 865 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Hanging on, Why?
« on: September 08, 2011, 10:18:15 AM »
This is just a wonder I have, I have prostate cancer, dont know if its gonna take my breath yet or not,
but dying for me is just the beginning of living.
My wonder is why, when man becomes part of the family of God, born anew and a new creature, why do we kling and hold on to this natural life, rather than just let our breath go?

I know that when we have Jesus we are the temple of God, He dwells in us, we are to take care of our body and keep it healthy
This is good. But when the Lord begins to knock, you know start walking down your block, why is it the born again person will
try so hard to stay here in this world?

I just wonder, so I thought I'd put it out there for some pickin and grinnin. :bigGrin: :HeartThrob:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: Hanging on, Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:47:44 PM »
For me, it's the nature he put in us to reflexively protect the gift of life he's called us into.  There are reasons why all here are here.  He has a plan for us, a purpose in us to follow the plan.  Living is the first part of the plan.  We run the race until our natural bodies succomb to the order of the realm we live in.  Our minds remain intact until our bodies give out.  It's not meant to be the other way around.  We leave here before our time, our ability to fulfill his will in our lives is incomplete.  Don't know what the reprocussions of that would be, but the fact that even our subconscious reflexively protects life in us is evidence that we should consciously do the same.

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »
"We leave here before our time, our ability to fulfill his will in our lives is incomplete." Nathan

""We leave here before our time,"  Just how can we leave before our time? I suggest that when we die His Will was completed in our lives or we would not have died.

"Our minds remain intact until our bodies give out. "

Okay now when you say "our minds remain intact," what does that mean? I ask because there have been several threads in which some would call what remains in tact is "the soul."
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
 He does have a plan for each life.Stephen's coarse was shorter than the other disciples.   Death is an enemy of life...conquered of Jesus Christ...

the 'RESURRECTION" is the 'PLAGUE" God works against death....O'Death where is thy sting...I shall be thy plagues.    We all have to follow Him

in 'the way' back home to the Father.  We had no say when we were born,nor when we leave   Now, there is Paul's testimony on those that remain

at the time of His appearing being 'changed' in the twinkling of an eye....but those alive in the spirit are changed in a twinkling also at their rising..for

death is not what it was..due to 'RESURRECTION LIFE IN CHRIST"   we just get a 'taste' of it..bitter as gall it is.

Familiar,this existence and life....something new and somewhat mysterious...where we're going.   Change is generally not an easy thing..

There are concerns about how much suffering will be involved...as a nurse I recommend you see to such things as pain relief etc before the time.

and don't feel guilty about pain relieving drugs. Prov 31;6

I know my time draws near to go home....at times I find myself just wanting to get it over with...other times I worry what will happen to my grandchildren[am raising

themworry about foster care etc]   I am ready...but  awoke with my whole arm numb 2 weeks ago...and wondered if I was having stroke...and the thought came into my

head to call ambulance.....why?  the very thing you refer to...and Nathan/reflex?.sheeesh..

At other times I am excited about leaving...and looking very much forward to it.Coming to terms with the mortality/death in our flesh...and

contemplating the immortality that is ours in the spirit....is dealing with great 'depths' and 'heigths"

FOR I AM CONVINCED THAT NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE,NEITHER ANGELS OR DEMONS,NEITHER THE PRESENT OR THE FUTURE,

NOR ANY POWERS,NOR ANY HEIGTH NOR DEPTH,   NOR ANYTHING ELSE IN ALL CREATION....WILL BE   ABLE TO SEPERATE US

FROM THE LOVE OF GOD THAT IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »
"We leave here before our time, our ability to fulfill his will in our lives is incomplete." Nathan

""We leave here before our time,"  Just how can we leave before our time? I suggest that when we die His Will was completed in our lives or we would not have died.

"Our minds remain intact until our bodies give out. "

Okay now when you say "our minds remain intact," what does that mean? I ask because there have been several threads in which some would call what remains in tact is "the soul."

I really don't think so.  Take this nut in Vegas recently . . .I think it was in Vegas, where he walked into an IHOP and started shooting . . .the people who died in there, I can tell you with a good conscience, they were removed before their time.  people to get sick and die leave before their time.  I believe God intends for all who are born here to live full lives and experience all this realm can comprehend of his goodness.  But because of this realm, and the carnality in it, much of that get's altered and as sin abounds, so does the consequences of people succombing to death before their time.

I am not one of them that believes God has his hand on the controls of this realm and nothing happens or doesn't happen unless God "allows" it to do so.  I believe if that were the case, then sickness and death wouldn't exist in the first place.  But because this realm is what it is, and he's given that authority over to men, its' our responsibility to exercise in that authority, if we don't we're not here for very long.  If we abuse our lives, we meet death before our time.

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »
"I am not one of them that believes God has his hand on the controls of this realm and nothing happens or doesn't happen unless God "allows" it to do so."

Well that answers a multitude of reasons why!! :bigGrin:

"I believe if that were the case, then sickness and death wouldn't exist in the first place.  But because this realm is what it is, and he's given that authority over to men, its' our responsibility to exercise in that authority, if we don't we're not here for very long.  If we abuse our lives, we meet death before our time."

:sigh: :HeartThrob:

Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Origin and the Consummation."

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
um . .yeah . . .the quoting a cherry-picked verse thing really does nothing to clarify your point.

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »
um . .yeah . . .the quoting a cherry-picked verse thing really does nothing to clarify your point.

"quoting a cherry-picked..."  What does that mean?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »
It means taking "one" sentence out of the context in which it was given and applying to your personal opinion as though "that's" what the verse is suggesting or pertaining to.