Author Topic: God Has Faith In Us  (Read 4451 times)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: God Has Faith In Us
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »
Not sure what just happened, I posted a note and it didn't show it.

At any rate, for me, to see my faith come to an end would mean that which I believe would be made manifest.  When the Father reveals the nature of the Son to me, my faith that he "will" reveal his nature to me come to an end.  Now . . . it's a reality.

And I also agree, as the faith comes to an end in some areas, it increases strength to continue walking in it in other areas.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
what does "receving the END of your faith, the salvation of your soul" mean?  to me, it sounds like at some point, faith will end. 

??

I wonder. I think I have faith concerning the salvation of my soul but I have faith in so much more so maybe while faith is finished in one area it is still going strong in other areas.
I can read it as:
a] Salvation is the payment for your faith.
b] At salvation faith becomes knowledge.

If you have read my thoughts earlier in this thread (Reply #16) you know I'm very biased to "b"
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 08:03:58 PM »
I always tend to wince a little at relying on knowledge though.  For me, faith and knowledge are not out of the same mold.  Knowledge is relying on information and fact where as faith is relying on what can't be seen.  When what can't be seen becomes seen, is it knowledge?  Or revelation? 

Knowledge seems to depend on proof.  Proof, like knowledge, for me, is also not cut from the same mold as faith.  For me, again, I'm not trying to be confrontational or proving rightness . . .good grief . .not even close . .but for me knowledge is connected to mindsets.  You can't teach faith, but you can teach knowledge.  Reason being is that the natural mind is not intended to comprehend what distinctly faith is.

Carnalism can put on a display that appears to be light, but in reality, it's source still comes from darkness (ignorance/no intimacy)  Logic has the appearance of light, but it's based on human understanding rather than spiritual revelational truth.  That's what Jesus was referring to when he stated that the light we "think" we have in us is actually darkness, how great is that darkness . . .

Matt. 6
22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.  23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

We may actually be saying the same thing here when what you call as knowledge, I call reality.  It's just, like I said, my grasp of what knowledge is, is very closely related to relying on natural understanding rather than on spiritual revelation.  One requires facts, the other is based on faith.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 11:50:30 PM »
what does "receving the END of your faith, the salvation of your soul" mean?  to me, it sounds like at some point, faith will end. 

??
   Hey me ol Buddy L ,  Zeek

seems the next line wold be the grace that would come or follow  after
 Jesus Christ   comes by FULL of  truth and GRACE ..

1Pe 1:10   Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace [that should come] unto you

grace would be evident than eh ? 

Paul said the same thing than as Peter did  here 

Rom 4:16 Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all

wonder what faith to faith means than ?  if we are than justified by faith and do Live

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

now the NLT

16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile,

17 This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight.

This is accomplished from start to finish by faith.

As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."

Born  by faith Alive by Grace .  its ALL HIM  :thumbsup:

:icon_flower:
Jesus is the reward  !!