Author Topic: God Has Faith In Us  (Read 3733 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: God Has Faith In Us
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »
WW, I wrote…..
How does God give what He does not possess?

You wrote….
Not posses or possess is a better form?

I write…..
Not a clue what you are saying here my friend.
For me:
Faith is uncertainty.
100% faith is not faith but knowledge/fact.

How does God give what He does not possess?
Part of the knowledge is not knowledge but faith....

Similar to:
God has immortality.
When He gives us a 80 years of live He gave us live (faith) but not immortality (knowledge/fact)

:2c:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 02:07:17 AM »

The Lord has One-Hundred-Percent Faith (in us) that He will finish the Good Work (in us) that He has fore-ordained from before the foundations of the world.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »
Interesting way to look at it.   For instance,  I know 2+2 add up to 4,   I am not sure I could consider that I have faith that 2+2 adds up to 4.   Although perhaps, true faith is just that knowledge.  hmmm
When Thomas had to touch the wounds of Jesus to believe  it was Jesus didn't Jesus say something like  "how much greater is the faith of those who believe without seeing"

For me that links uncertainty to faith.

Hb 11:1 . Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

According to this verse, faith deals with substance and evidence.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 02:36:02 AM »
Yes, Paul, faith is tangible.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »
Hb 11:1 . Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

But that's not my point Paul.
It doesn't say all evidence.
Example. If you look into secular records you will find information about a person called Jesus that was crucified.
That's evidence. But there is no certainty that the records are not flawed. Neither does it prove He was/is the Son of God. Or that He walked on water.
My points are:
Faith = build on few or lots of evidence of all types.
Fact = having all evidence and all knowledge.

The verse also mentions "hope". Hope is not a certainty. Many people hope to win the jackpot very few actually do.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:43:10 AM by WhiteWings »
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 11:08:30 PM »

But that's not my point Paul.
It doesn't say all evidence.
Example. If you look into secular records you will find information about a person called Jesus that was crucified.
That's evidence. But there is no certainty that the records are flawed. Neither does it prove He was/is the Son of God. Or that He walked on water.
My points are:
Faith = build on few or lots of evidence of all types.
Fact = having all evidence and all knowledge.

The verse also mentions "hope". Hope is not a certainty. Many people hope to win the jackpot very few actually do.

I see your point, but if you are uncertain about something, how is that faith?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
I see your point, but if you are uncertain about something, how is that faith?
IMO faith comes in many gradations. Ranging from very weak to very strong.
On a scale of 0-100; faith is between 0 and 99.999999999%
100% faith is knowledge/fact. Only Father, Son and HS are at the 100% level.
Faith on earth comes in 6 billion different shades of grey. Personally I think faith-wise there is no white or black.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »
So who believes God has faith in us?

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 05:52:32 AM »
Howdy All,

I asked about 30 people who name the name of Jesus and who basically believe in ET if they believed God had faith in them. 2 out of the 30 said yes. Others replied but with questions and bewilderment.

I am anxious to question others because I just can't see any way around the obvious. The obvious being that if God has faith in us and faith moves and removes mountains then what is it in any person that the 'faith' of God can't get rid of? Jesus said even faith as little a mustard seed could do great things, think of what perfect faith can do.

I think 'mountains' represent all kinds of 'sin'. I'm sure even the most hardened literalists don't believe that Jesus was referring to literal mountains but I suppose there are some who think so. Maybe those in the landscaping business! ha ha ha

Also I think about God having faith in the work of His own hands. I would think He does. He does not lack self esteem. He knows what he is about. Of course this is obvious so the conclusion is that God has perfect faith in all He creates and His faith will remove any mountains of doubt and sin that stands in the way of His perfect love and cast them into the proverbial sea.

Then I think about what having faith in another can do. Some people brought a person to Jesus and let him down through a roof and Jesus looked at the, (those who lowered the person) and said to them that because of THEIR faith, the man on the cot is healed. Think of parents who have great faith in their kids.They (the kids) tend to do better in life than those who have no one who puts faith in them. Faith moves mountains indeed.

Anyway I thought I would post this to encourage others that in speaking with others about God saving all, this seems to be a good approach as anyone who denies that God has faith in us is walking on thin ice.

Any thoughts or ways that this line of thinking is wrong?

cp

Claypot,
What a wonderful, thoughtful thread you've begun.  I think you're on to something.  I never looked at this in such a way before.  But I have noticed that what you say about children is true, that those who are ENCOURAGED (and believed in) thrive, and those who are DISCOURAGED by their parents/caregivers do not fair so well.  That's absolutely true.  Also, the perception a child has of his parents is very important to his/her development just as our perception of what God is like is crucial to our spiritual development. 

I had a question pop into my mind recently -- that being "Does our demonstration of love have power to change others...?"  I think it does - I think love has power.  And 'unlove' or 'hatred' also has power to destroy.  It's rather mind-boggling, the power given into our hands.  Also, good to know that people's 'un-love' or 'hatred' toward us can only hurt us if we allow it to, which it can if we are spiritually weak.  My rule of thumb:  "Do not trust those who are trying to destroy you."  - "Avoid those who are bent on being discouragers." - "Know those who labor among you - noting whether or not they generally do or do not walk in loving kindness."

Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »

cp

If Faith is the fact that God knows we will one day be all in all with him, then YES I believe he does.

However, I don't think people in the thread are so much in doubt as much as questioning if Gods knowledge equals "Faith".

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »
I hear ya and agree Paul. It just gives me such a good feeling to be able to say to myself that God has faith in me. It makes me want to leap for joy and do wild, crazy and insane things for God. If He has faith in me then I can do anything.

I suppose I'm looking at it like 'If God is for us, who can be against us'. Same thing, different wording.

Kind of like loving God with all our heart, mind and soul. I ask myself, Does God love me like that?  He does and, again, it does wonders for me. I've spent so much time trying to love God like this. I've analyzed my love for Him, I've dissected it, I've looked at it from every angle possible and now I turn the tables and think about God loving me/us like I'm suppose to love Him and words can't describe how elated I get.

cp

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
I hear ya and agree Paul. It just gives me such a good feeling to be able to say to myself that God has faith in me. It makes me want to leap for joy and do wild, crazy and insane things for God.
The words of a true YouTube movie star  :laughing7:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »
OK WW, I don't get out much so what are you talking about?  :dontknow:

Is there a link for You Tube I need to see?

cp

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »
I just assumed you already where setting up your camera so you could record your dance and post it on YouTube :laughing7:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »
David danced before the Lord and I have a feeling you are not far from doing a bit of a jig too, wise guy!!!!! :icon_joker:

cp

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 02:55:18 PM »

cp

If Faith is the fact that God knows we will one day be all in all with him, then YES I believe he does.

However, I don't think people in the thread are so much in doubt as much as questioning if Gods knowledge equals "Faith".

It's not only that God knows we will one day be with Him, it's that this is what God is working out within us. He is doing it. So maybe what I am asking is, does God have faith in the work of His own 'hands'. Of course any sane person will say yes but consider the fantastic implications of this. It is God who works in us to get exactly what He wants.

I have a bit of trouble thinking of 'Gods knowledge'. I tend to see true knowledge AS God. So because Perfect Knowledge (God) is doing all the work to have us all be with Him then I suppose God has perfect faith that this work will accomplished exactly as He desires.

Make any sense?

cp

Offline chuckt

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »
since faith in what is seen is not faith, God would have to not see something to have faith in it.

certianly God knows the beginning from the end, does he SEE it?

one thing for sure, when we SEE GOD, that faith will end but LOVE remains.

my 2 cents.

inlove
chuckt

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »

Hi Clay ,  and all 

I love that faith  , is a trust in God  and without it it is impossble to Please Him , you trust God and  this relationship / intimate   developes from this   trust ..  this is the very thing Jesus and the Father have

and that to me is the HOLY SPIRIT working , it is the Father and Son relationship 
 and because of theis it is bringing in many sons into glory ! this same Glory to God the Father through the Son ..

we would have never known if Jesus was not sent from above  to us 
 to know these things ..

Jhn 5:36 But I have greater witness than [that] of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.  

I love John 5  there is a great mystery revealed about Jesus in this chapter .

the greater works  you will do because  Jesus  goes back to the Father 
 is the  regenerating of the Holy Spirit  and the WORD SEED  IN YOU GROWING 
 THIS IS THE JUDGMENT JESUS COME TO DO  make alive  , that which was dead to God 
 this work  of the Father and Son is the Holy Spirit  working  in and though us too 
 Just as Jesus come to show us the WAY , truth and Life   found in God
 this is the Love of God manifested to  us  and to recive it  makes us His possesion and to do as He pleases  anbd the growth in the earth as it is in heaven  ,  heaven is the realm  thats spiritual and though we do not see it with the natural eyes the spiritual eyes can see Him !!  and heaven open to us 
 we can hear the Spirit  ,  and our new hearts understand  the Love and Law of God because we are healed  and made new in Christ , this annointing is  from God Himself , the pouring out of His Spirit  in our flesh  makes us   by a nature of God a very real   truth
 being born again  of the incorruptible seed which is Christ by the Breath of the Holy Spirit  is how we honor God , by declaring His Glory in the earth ...

Tts 3 3 Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other.

4 But—"When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, 5 he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.
 6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.

7 Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life."

8 This is a trustworthy saying, and I want you to insist on these teachings so that all who trust in God will devote themselves to doing good. These teachings are good and beneficial for everyone.

:icon_flower:

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 05:19:17 PM »

cp

It's not only that God knows we will one day be with Him, it's that this is what God is working out within us. He is doing it. So maybe what I am asking is, does God have faith in the work of His own 'hands'. Of course any sane person will say yes but consider the fantastic implications of this. It is God who works in us to get exactly what He wants.

I have a bit of trouble thinking of 'Gods knowledge'. I tend to see true knowledge AS God. So because Perfect Knowledge (God) is doing all the work to have us all be with Him then I suppose God has perfect faith that this work will accomplished exactly as He desires.

Make any sense?

cp

Yes, I think so.  God is eternal, so he already knows that the end he sees is what will be.  I am not sure we can adequately describe it to be honest.   

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
I sometimes truely wonder if it is any fun being God. Really, to know everything all at once, big and small picture, no surprises, no 'aha' moments. Of course I'm talking nonsense here but thoughts do arise.

They lead to other thoughts and before I know it I'm having a really good talk with the One who is working in me.

cp

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 06:38:04 PM »
Great thread.  Not much to say that hasn't already been said. 

For me, what God sees as complete is not the current state of this natural realm, but it's the finished state of all realms.  So when he looks "back" to where we currently are, it's encouraging for me to know he "believes" in me.  He knows I'm going to make right choices just as much as I'm going to make wrong choices.  But when I make the right choices, knowing he believes in me is a great thing, but it doesn't have as much impact in my own faith as it does when I make wrong choices and know he has faith in me regardless. 

It'd be like looking at your own child and telling them you believe "in" them.  Does that mean you think they're going to make perfect decisions? No.  It means that when they make the wrong decisions, they will have the ability to learn and grow from those bad choices.  I pursue the finished state, but this body of flesh must continue to go through the procession of current state.  Strength comes to me when in my current state, God reveals to me the finished state results.  When I see the end from where I am, I can then call it out as though it is and walk in that which this realm has not yet seen.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
Great thread.  Not much to say that hasn't already been said. 

For me, what God sees as complete is not the current state of this natural realm, but it's the finished state of all realms.  So when he looks "back" to where we currently are, it's encouraging for me to know he "believes" in me.  He knows I'm going to make right choices just as much as I'm going to make wrong choices.  But when I make the right choices, knowing he believes in me is a great thing, but it doesn't have as much impact in my own faith as it does when I make wrong choices and know he has faith in me regardless. 

It'd be like looking at your own child and telling them you believe "in" them.  Does that mean you think they're going to make perfect decisions? No.  It means that when they make the wrong decisions, they will have the ability to learn and grow from those bad choices.  I pursue the finished state, but this body of flesh must continue to go through the procession of current state.  Strength comes to me when in my current state, God reveals to me the finished state results.  When I see the end from where I am, I can then call it out as though it is and walk in that which this realm has not yet seen.
:thumbsup:

Seeing this too........... :icon_flower:

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »

It'd be like looking at your own child and telling them you believe "in" them. 

That is my whole point too Nathan. Look at the strength that is given when one has faith in another. It is shown all the time in the affairs of people.

We are told to have faith in God yet we say we know (we see) that we are perfect in Jesus so where then is our faith? It is there, I know it is. Well to me, God has faith in us and His faith is perfect and think about this, if faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains can you imagine what perfect faith can do. Those 'et' guys are sure selling God short!

I am also reminded of how we are to love God with all our hearts and being and I think of God loving us like that. Again, so many sell God short here.

cp

Zeek

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 07:09:16 PM »
 what does "receving the END of your faith, the salvation of your soul" mean?  to me, it sounds like at some point, faith will end. 

??

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »
what does "receving the END of your faith, the salvation of your soul" mean?  to me, it sounds like at some point, faith will end. 

??

I wonder. I think I have faith concerning the salvation of my soul but I have faith in so much more so maybe while faith is finished in one area it is still going strong in other areas.

cp