Author Topic: God Has Faith In Us  (Read 3906 times)

Offline claypot

• Bronze
God Has Faith In Us
« on: February 10, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »
Howdy All,

I asked about 30 people who name the name of Jesus and who basically believe in ET if they believed God had faith in them. 2 out of the 30 said yes. Others replied but with questions and bewilderment.

I am anxious to question others because I just can't see any way around the obvious. The obvious being that if God has faith in us and faith moves and removes mountains then what is it in any person that the 'faith' of God can't get rid of? Jesus said even faith as little a mustard seed could do great things, think of what perfect faith can do.

I think 'mountains' represent all kinds of 'sin'. I'm sure even the most hardened literalists don't believe that Jesus was referring to literal mountains but I suppose there are some who think so. Maybe those in the landscaping business! ha ha ha

Also I think about God having faith in the work of His own hands. I would think He does. He does not lack self esteem. He knows what he is about. Of course this is obvious so the conclusion is that God has perfect faith in all He creates and His faith will remove any mountains of doubt and sin that stands in the way of His perfect love and cast them into the proverbial sea.

Then I think about what having faith in another can do. Some people brought a person to Jesus and let him down through a roof and Jesus looked at the, (those who lowered the person) and said to them that because of THEIR faith, the man on the cot is healed. Think of parents who have great faith in their kids.They (the kids) tend to do better in life than those who have no one who puts faith in them. Faith moves mountains indeed.

Anyway I thought I would post this to encourage others that in speaking with others about God saving all, this seems to be a good approach as anyone who denies that God has faith in us is walking on thin ice.

Any thoughts or ways that this line of thinking is wrong?

cp
For it is God who works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Paul Hazelwood

Re: God Has Faith In Us
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 09:51:46 PM »

Good question, I see it as God has faith in us because he is the one who puts it there.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 11:07:44 PM »

Faith is a gift from God. Faith is not of our doing.

Hebrews 12:2  ...Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith.

Romans 12:3  ... God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

Romans 10:17   ... faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of Christ.

2 Cor 10:15  ...faith can grow...

Romans 5:1   ... justified by faith...

Romans 4:5  ... his faith is counted as righteousness.

Ephesians 2:8,9  ... salvation is not from works.

Romans 9:32 ... Israel did not arrive at righteousness because they did not pursue righteous by faith but as though it were by works.

Hebrews 12:2  ...Jesus is the author!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 11:15:47 PM »

Hebrews 4
16 We may be coming, then, with boldness to the throne of grace, that we may be obtaining mercy and finding grace for opportune help.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »

Good question, I see it as God has faith in us because he is the one who puts it there.

I don't think you're getting what I'm getting at. God has faith in us. We are His workmanship so, in reality, it is just God having faith, as it were, in Himself which is a given. God looks at us and knows what we are capable of and that, in the end, we will do what it takes to get the job done.

cp

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 04:16:07 AM »

I don't think you're getting what I'm getting at. God has faith in us. We are His workmanship so, in reality, it is just God having faith, as it were, in Himself which is a given. God looks at us and knows what we are capable of and that, in the end, we will do what it takes to get the job done.

cp

I am not certain if that is faith or knowledge.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 04:19:14 AM »

The ark was made of wood (us) covered inside and outside with gold (His divine nature).

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 04:23:54 AM »

It is a difficult realization for Adam that this world and life in which we live is the creative work of God.
Leave ego's at the door saints, it's His party!
Amen?
Amen.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 05:21:56 AM »

cp

Maybe faith is knowledge in a spiritual form.

cp

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 05:45:58 AM »
What is faith?

Heb 11:1 Now faith is a well-grounded assurance of that for which we hope, and a conviction of the reality of things which we do not see.

2 Corinthians 4:18  while we look not at things seen, but things unseen; for things seen are temporary, but things unseen are eternal.

YES, look to your left, right, above and below you — for these things are temporary! For this occasion!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:50:19 AM by Beloved Servant »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 06:11:33 AM »

Matthew 6

27 Which of you by being over-anxious can add a single foot to his height?
28 And why be anxious about clothing? Learn a lesson from the wild lilies. Watch their growth. They neither toil nor spin, 29 and yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his magnificence could array himself like one of these.

SQ

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 06:17:55 AM »

He gives each of us a measure of faith.
I would say he has faith in those he gives it to.
I also wonder if an atheist has been given that measure yet?  :dontknow:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 06:27:11 AM »

A belief of no belief is in itself a belief.
The whole concept is, well, its own contradiction.
God won't allow it.
It's either idols or it's Him.

martincisneros

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 06:32:09 AM »
God is not a humanist in the least, but He has faith in what He's saying to bring to pass the New Man in fullness in each one. That's a different matter entirely that God continues to call things that be not as though they were where each one is concerned, but God puts zero confidence in the flesh past, present, or future. His faith is in what He's calling forth, in what He's accomplished at the Cross, & what's available for every man through renouncing sin, embracing His Lordship, & proving one's repentance by one's deeds.  He's got faith in the full armor of God, the baptism with Holy Spirit, the Blood of Jesus, Jesus's High Priestly ministry, His own love that'll never fail, the Scriptures of the Old & New Testament, the power He used when He raised Jesus from the dead & essentially gave to the Body of Christ the exact same power to live in newness of life according to Romans 6, Ephesians 1, etc.  He's got faith in what He's done, & what's yet coming to pass of His Written Word & those things that He speaks to each man through Holy Spirit.  That's where God's faith is at.

SQ

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 06:33:43 AM »

A belief of no belief is in itself a belief.
The whole concept is, well, its own contradiction.
God won't allow it.
It's either idols or it's Him.

Hi Beloved Servant for some reason I don't grasp this fully.
I have faith you will explain this to me.  :Sparkletooth: Thanks

SQ

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 06:35:11 AM »
God is not a humanist in the least, but He has faith in what He's saying to bring to pass the New Man in fullness in each one. That's a different matter entirely that God continues to call things that be not as though they were where each one is concerned, but God puts zero confidence in the flesh past, present, or future. His faith is in what He's calling forth, in what He's accomplished at the Cross, & what's available for every man through renouncing sin, embracing His Lordship, & proving one's repentance by one's deeds.  He's got faith in the full armor of God, the baptism with Holy Spirit, the Blood of Jesus, Jesus's High Priestly ministry, His own love that'll never fail, the Scriptures of the Old & New Testament, the power He used when He raised Jesus from the dead & essentially gave to the Body of Christ the exact same power to live in newness of life according to Romans 6, Ephesians 1, etc.  He's got faith in what He's done, & what's yet coming to pass of His Written Word & those things that He speaks to each man through Holy Spirit.  That's where God's faith is at.

Ok thanks I got it.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
I asked about 30 people who name the name of Jesus and who basically believe in ET if they believed God had faith in them. 2 out of the 30 said yes. Others replied but with questions and bewilderment.
God has zero faith. Faith is a sign of not all knowing. Faith always has some small/large chance you are wrong.
God doesn't deal with chances but with facts.
How can God have faith that I ever see or don't see the light if He already knew before He even started creating?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

SQ

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »
God has zero faith. Faith is a sign of not all knowing. Faith always has some small/large chance you are wrong.
How can God have faith that I ever see or don't see the light if He already knew before He even started creating?

True good wording, I wish I had said that.
 I was wrong God is all knowing he don't need faith.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I can be so shallow at times.  :icon_flower:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:16:36 PM by SQ »

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 09:26:37 PM »

How does God give what He does not possess?

I don't see faith as a sign of not all knowing. Faith is a power from the depths of love itself. It energizes the work of love. Haven't you ever heard someone say to someone else "I knew you could do it, I had complete faith in you!"? God knows we will 'see the light' and His faith in us will help make that happen.

cp

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
God is not a humanist in the least, but He has faith in what He's saying to bring to pass the New Man in fullness in each one. That's a different matter entirely that God continues to call things that be not as though they were where each one is concerned, but God puts zero confidence in the flesh past, present, or future. His faith is in what He's calling forth, in what He's accomplished at the Cross, & what's available for every man through renouncing sin, embracing His Lordship, & proving one's repentance by one's deeds.  He's got faith in the full armor of God, the baptism with Holy Spirit, the Blood of Jesus, Jesus's High Priestly ministry, His own love that'll never fail, the Scriptures of the Old & New Testament, the power He used when He raised Jesus from the dead & essentially gave to the Body of Christ the exact same power to live in newness of life according to Romans 6, Ephesians 1, etc.  He's got faith in what He's done, & what's yet coming to pass of His Written Word & those things that He speaks to each man through Holy Spirit.  That's where God's faith is at.

So Martin, are you saying God has no faith in us, you and me, as we are today, right now?

cp

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 09:45:40 PM »

cp

Maybe faith is knowledge in a spiritual form.

cp

Interesting way to look at it.   For instance,  I know 2+2 add up to 4,   I am not sure I could consider that I have faith that 2+2 adds up to 4.   Although perhaps, true faith is just that knowledge.  hmmm

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »

Not posses or possess is a better form?

I don't see faith as a sign of not all knowing.
I do as you know by now. Maybe we have  different definition of the word...

Faith is a power from the depths of love itself. It energizes the work of love. Haven't you ever heard someone say to someone else "I knew you could do it, I had complete faith in you!"?
I know that is said after completing a near impossible task.
And when that person fails the other person says: "Better luck next time."

The faith you speak of is spoken after the fact. And when spoken before the task it often is wrong.

God knows we will 'see the light' and His faith in us will help make that happen.
Nows=fact. Faith=chance/uncertainty.

Sorry CP we have no agreement on this one  :laughing7:

John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:43 PM »
Interesting way to look at it.   For instance,  I know 2+2 add up to 4,   I am not sure I could consider that I have faith that 2+2 adds up to 4.   Although perhaps, true faith is just that knowledge.  hmmm
When Thomas had to touch the wounds of Jesus to believe  it was Jesus didn't Jesus say something like  "how much greater is the faith of those who believe without seeing"

For me that links uncertainty to faith.

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 12:32:06 AM »

Sorry CP we have no agreement on this one  :laughing7:

Aw, shucks!!! 

Love ya anyway!!!!

cp

Offline claypot

• Bronze
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 12:40:28 AM »
WW, I wrote…..

You wrote….
Not posses or possess is a better form?

I write…..
Not a clue what you are saying here my friend.

cp