Author Topic: God's Will, Man's Will, free will/sov discussions  (Read 18648 times)

Offline lomarah

• Silver
Re: God's Will, Man's Will, free will/sov discussions
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »

it appears to me that it comes down to..which come first, the chicken or the egg...and yet we know

we come to love Him,cause  'CAUSE" He LOVED US FIRST.  I chose you,you did NOT 'CHOOSE" me

and if He loved us first..then we are the firstfruits of His LOVE...even a vessel of mercy....

The firstfruits of His Love, really like the way you worded that, thanks again Sheila!  :HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
IS LOVE A FREE GIFT?...A TOKEN OF OUR INHERITANCE IN HIM??

three things remain..faith,hope and love...the greatest of these is LOVE

that which 'remains' is eternal..not temporal...

God IS LOVE..it pursues it's own cause..it never fails  it IS PERFECT......

every PERFECT PRESENT[FREE GIFT] COMES FROM ABOVE

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2012, 07:46:32 PM »
I have asked this question at times about the soul(and I do not want to even get close to going there!)
Where is the Bible was man given a "will"?
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
"The very second that something causes one's will to do something that the person himself had not planned by an uncaused will or a will that was not influenced in any way, he ceases to have a free will. A will made to think or do anything is not free, and it is senseless to argue anything to the contrary. There is not a Scripture in the bible that presents us with a person willing something or making a choice for which there was no cause. And "caused" wills and "caused" choices are not free."

SenselessÖ Definitions- foolish, meaningless ,stupid.

Father, if You are willing, take this cup away from Meónevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done."

Was not the cause of Christ the will of the Father.
When Jesus said not my will but yours to the Father.
Was Jesus making any kind of distinction?
Did the Father have a Will?
Did Jesus have a Will?
Your post seems to make an emphatic statement that Jesus had no free will
to surrender to the Father.

so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard, and to everyone else, that my imprisonment is in the cause of Christ.

"Did the Father have a Will?"    THE Father IS the WILL.
Joh 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

"Your post seems to make an emphatic statement that Jesus had no free will
to surrender to the Father."
Joh 10:30  I and the Father are one.'

Scriptures clearly indicate that the Father has a will .
For this is the will of My Father: that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

THE Father IS the WILL.

I tried to be a diligent Berean and find this Statement in Scriptures but could not.
would you be able to help.

God is with you in everything you do.
God is not a man who lies, or a son of man who changes His mind. Does He speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?
God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
God is God
God is faithful
God is the head of Christ.
God is good
God is light
God is love.

No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son desires to reveal Him."

I am going away and I am coming to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I.

and you will leave Me alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.

Just a question. Did Jesus surrender any thing to God?

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2012, 07:59:31 PM »
  I don't know Micah..seems he come into being by the will of God..then was taken captive to the will

of the adversary....then bought back and received the free  gift of the free will of God.

there is FREEDOM PROMISED   the glorious freedom of the sons of God..to love of their

own free will? as God does? to be perfect expressions of Love?

if Christ set you free,ye shall be free indeed!! Into the Kingdom of THE LOVE OF THE SON.

LOVE SAVES LIFE...CALLS BACK THOSE CONDEMNED TO DEATH.

THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST LOVE...sin is to miss the mark/fall short  of love.

love is truthful..not a lie...fullness of Christ is perfect love

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2012, 08:09:27 PM »
it appears that the seed of the adversary is hatred,selfishness,murder,etc of man.....

and it appears the seed of God is love kindness the saving of the life of man

we are the object of love for the one..and the object of hatred to the other.

what is man..that thou art mindful of him?

what a strange 'creature' we are....

creature- a person completely dependant on,or owing his success position to another

that's a pretty accurate definition to me.

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2012, 08:12:02 PM »
I have asked this question at times about the soul(and I do not want to even get close to going there!)
Where is the Bible was man given a "will"?

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth,[h] and the creatures that crawl on the earth."
27 So God created man in His own image;
He created him in the image of God;
He created them male and female.
Rule ..Exercise ultimate power or authority over to impose ones will over

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2012, 08:12:57 PM »
 seems to me,Jesus said...the Father loves me..because I lay my life down willingly. No-one takes it from me.

is that what it means to have 'life' in yourself? the willingness..the free will[no-one takes it from me]

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2012, 08:19:30 PM »
  Daj..very good insight.......when man fell and the will of the adversary ruled[all the kingdoms are mine]

NOW my kingdom is not from this source,

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »
Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

John 7:17
If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority

Luke 6:47
Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:

Sometimes I think Jesus tailors his message to the audience.

If unbeliever, then respond with My God sends me the doctrine, believe the works if you dont believe me
If believer, say that I teach and teach these two commandments , they believe that Jesus come forth from God

Offline legoman

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
Really, very cool Shawn. Like, I can still hear that voice echoing down through the ages past and the ages to come, "Let Us Make Man In Our Image"........ Wow

and the process is still ongoing, "an administration suitable to the fulness of times, the gathering together of all things into one in Christ"......"in hope that the whole creation would be set free from futility into the glorious freedom of the children of God"

wow oh wow

Exactly - this is what I have thought for a long time now.  This whole fleshly existence in this physical world with all of its pain, suffering, sprinkled with moments of joy, is for a very good purpose.

Offline legoman

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
Consider this verse which we are all probably quite familiar with here.

1 Tim 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

This is actually quite a remarkable thing.  We often talk about the 'all men being saved' part, but lets focus on the second part:  all men will come unto the knowledge of the truth.
This implies there is a process at work here.  This is God's purpose for us.  It also implies we don't have the truth (at least all of it) yet.

Here is the important bit.  This means, right now, we are in error about some things or most things!

Implicitly in this process, we start off in a condition of complete error, and are working our way towards understanding complete truth.  We are each at different places in this process.

You can think of a scale from 0% truth to 100% truth.  At the 0% end we have pure lies which leads to things like pure evil and suffering.  We all start out at the 0% end and are proceeding to knowledge of 100% truth.

Think of a newborn baby.  She thinks she just has to cry and open her mouth, and food magically appears.  But she is in error - it won't always work this way.
Then the baby becomes a toddler and thinks she can walk off the top of the stairs because the 'parent-figure' will catch her and she just floats away.  But she is in error, and inevitably takes a tumble down the stairs.  She has discovered gravity.
Then a few years later this little girl thinks Santa brings her presents if she is good.  But she is in error.... etc.

Now if you can't see that you might be in error, you cannot proceed to learn the truth, because you think you already have it - why would you need to learn the truth if you already have the truth?.  This is pride.

But pride leads to humility, when we inevitably stumble and realize we are in error.

This is all part of the process of things we must learn and experience - good/evil, joy/pain, pride/humility.  If we did not learn and experience what these things are, how could we ever achieve the goal of full understanding of the truth?

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:06 PM »

Exactly - this is what I have thought for a long time now.  This whole fleshly existence in this physical world with all of its pain, suffering, sprinkled with moments of joy, is for a very good purpose.

........and what do you think this "very good purpose" is?

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »

1 Tim 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

This is actually quite a remarkable thing.  We often talk about the 'all men being saved' part, but lets focus on the second part:  all men will come unto the knowledge of the truth.
This implies there is a process at work here.  This is God's purpose for us.  It also implies we don't have the truth (at least all of it) yet.

Here is the important bit.  This means, right now, we are in error about some things or most things!

Implicitly in this process, we start off in a condition of complete error, and are working our way towards understanding complete truth.  We are each at different places in this process.

You can think of a scale from 0% truth to 100% truth.  At the 0% end we have pure lies which leads to things like pure evil and suffering.  We all start out at the 0% end and are proceeding to knowledge of 100% truth.

Think of a newborn baby.  She thinks she just has to cry and open her mouth, and food magically appears.  But she is in error - it won't always work this way.
Then the baby becomes a toddler and thinks she can walk off the top of the stairs because the 'parent-figure' will catch her and she just floats away.  But she is in error, and inevitably takes a tumble down the stairs.  She has discovered gravity.
Then a few years later this little girl thinks Santa brings her presents if she is good.  But she is in error.... etc.

Now if you can't see that you might be in error, you cannot proceed to learn the truth, because you think you already have it - why would you need to learn the truth if you already have the truth?.  This is pride.

But pride leads to humility, when we inevitably stumble and realize we are in error.

This is all part of the process of things we must learn and experience - good/evil, joy/pain, pride/humility.  If we did not learn and experience what these things are, how could we ever achieve the goal of full understanding of the truth?

Amen!! This reminded me of a song "I can't Even Walk Without Him Holding My Hand".

CHB

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
 and so,we now understand why Father chose to teach His children using good evil contrast

what an expierence/exercize

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:25 PM »

Unless I had cried,you would not  have wiped the tears away

Unless I had mourned,I would not have had the solace of your comforts

Unless that I had died,I would not have had the life in Christ

Lest I be strong,I would have not stayed on your strength

Would I  be gloriying in your salvation if I had not been in peril?

Had I not been weak,sick..helpless and frail.....

Would I have joyed in Your Might,strength and healing?

Had I not been reduced to nothing,would I have known you are everything?

Had I not been foolish would I have appreciated your wisdom

Had you not loved me,how would I have known love?

How would I have loved you,if I had never known you?

If your son hadn't revealed you to me,revealed your love,how else would I have known you

For to whomever you reveal yourself,Love's Way does work

Had I not glimpsed your face,would desire for you had burned in my heart?

Had I not seen Your Beauty Power Justice and Love..wouldn't I  still be groping in the dark......

for what I know not

My desire burns..my longing has but ONE!  What can I bring? what have I fit to give such One as this?

My heart would that I give you! My heart is mine to give!!

But wait!! my heart is an unfaithful heart!!

O'LOVE  that I take again!!

Grant me afaithful loving heart!!..so that I have a fit gift to give

Let me see the love light in your eyes for me..let it be..eye to eye that we gaze upon each other.

that I may not be ashamed of what I have to give you.

For then I should truly die...of a broken heart.....

[Of Love's Perfection}

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »
seems to me,Jesus said...the Father loves me..because I lay my life down willingly. No-one takes it from me.

is that what it means to have 'life' in yourself? the willingness..the free will[no-one takes it from me]

This is what has always seemed to me to be the lesson of Jesus the Son and the gracious process of the Potter with the Clay. As we are transformed into His image, we are learning to lay down our lives willingly, freely.

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
(Rom 12:1-2)

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will( thelo ethelo)have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
(1Ti 2:3-4)

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will(thelo ethelo), let him take the water of life freely.
(Rev 22:17)

will thelō  ethelō

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
(Mat 16:24-25)

There are over 200 uses of this word in the New Testament used interchangeably for God's will and man's will.

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »

Amen!! This reminded me of a song "I can't Even Walk Without Him Holding My Hand".

CHB

This is the LORD'S doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.
(Psa 118:23)

Regardless of what we, individually, believe about how we all get there- maturity is, in a word, humility- and the realization that 'without Him I can do nothing.'

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2012, 02:35:25 AM »

will thelō  ethelō

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
(Mat 16:24-25)

There are over 200 uses of this word in the New Testament used interchangeably for God's will and man's will.

In Strong's I looked up the word: #2309- It seems to most closely match the English word "choice" or "desire". I read this like God has "choices" & "desires", and man likewise, we just don't often make the right choices, God always does but appears to not always enforce his "choices" or "desires" upon us.

Offline legoman

« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2012, 04:16:29 AM »

To learn what good and evil is, and to learn how to be good, so we can learn and understand how to love, and come to know God, because God is love.  This is what being made in His image means.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2012, 07:07:31 AM »
I just saw an ad for the movie "Amazing Grace"

"You've found God, sir?"

"I think He found me".

Hallelujah!

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
When people stop believing in God,

they don't believe in nothing,

they believe in anything.

--G.K.Chesterton

which is to say,  you are free to choose what you will be slave to...but you are going to be slave to something.

From: Paul, a servant of Jesus the Messiah, called to be an apostle and set apart for God's gospel,  Rom 1:1

Romans 15:16    to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles with the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »

To learn what good and evil is, and to learn how to be good, so we can learn and understand how to love, and come to know God, because God is love.  This is what being made in His image means.

What you stated above is what I view as the necessary "process" via which there is a greater mission to be fulfilled. God created man in his image to rule the world as daj pointed out above in his previous post from Genesis. But what really is God's purpose in creating us to learn to "rule" over the earth? After all we won't be here for all of eternity, for Christ himself stated that "Heaven & Earth shall pass away....." Matt 5:18, Mk 3:31 . I'm presuming the "heaven" to which Christ makes reference is the location of the stellar universe in which our planet Earth is located, not that abode which is the domicile of the Elohim of creation.

Christ tells us to pray in a manner such that the Father's "will be done on earth as in heaven" Matt 6:10, that to me is a clear statement that our heavenly Father's "will" presently has a limited extant, that it does not pervade the four corners of the earth & also the vast expanse of the stellar universe.

Satan took 1/3 the host of heaven with him in rebellion at some point in the past. Where are these rebellious followers of Satan in residence? They are not in heaven with God, sure God allows Satan to present himself to appear in heaven from time to time, but only Satan, but he doesn't live there, he's been wandering to & fro about planet earth like a creature lost in a vast wilderness.

The Apostle Paul tells us we will judge angels, 1 Cor 6:3. This being the case, the question is: Why & where are they?  Jude 6  & 2 Pet 2:4 tells us about angels reserved in chains under darkness until the time they are judged, hello 1 Cor 6:3 is that not us doing the judging? And don't you wonder the location of the "darkness" where rebellious spirit beings are presently being held in chains? I know I do.

Here's my point about our ultimate "mission". The Elohim Gods of creation intends to have all of creation restored, including those rebellious spirits being held by chains in a prison of darkness somewhere within the stellar universe. The stellar universe is an incredibly vast expanse of stars contained inside of galaxies too numerable for the human mind to count, yet Elohim God calls them all by name, Ps 147.4. While knowing the number of stars & calling them all by name, we are also informed in Job 25.5 that they are not pure in his sight, they are not pure because a third of them rebelled against God & are presently being held in chains in some dark expanse of the stellar universe, I say stellar universe because that is also Satan's abode even though he is not yet chained, he wanders within the earth, and apparently within the stellar expanse between earth & God's throne where he appears from time to time to make accusations against us, see Job 1:6-7.

Learning the difference between good & evil while on earth appears to be our training ground for judging the rebellious angels. The learning process comes partly from our experiences of physical pain to the central nervous system out of which we learn compassion towards others, judges often  issue edicts out of compassion,  but Satan (and all the rebellious angels) has no concept of compassion because he can feel no physical pain as we humans do. As we learn compassion while here on earth, we become qualified as rulers over those spirits held in chains & darkness, and it becomes our mission to them to bring them to repentance & restored to their Creator.

Does this seem to make sense?

Offline dajomaco

• Bronze
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »
As Bob once said

You may be an ambassador to England or France
You may like to gamble, you might like to dance
You may be the heavyweight champion of the world
You may be a socialite with a long string of pearls.

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

Might be a rock'n' roll adict prancing on the stage
Might have money and drugs at your commands, women in a cage
You may be a business man or some high degree thief
They may call you Doctor or they may call you Chief.

Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord

You may be a state trooper, you might be an young turk
You may be the head of some big TV network
You may be rich or poor, you may be blind or lame
You may be living in another country under another name.

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes

You may be a construction worker working on a home
You may be living in a mansion or you might live in a dome
You might own guns and you might even own tanks
You might be somebody's landlord you might even own banks.

You may be a preacher with your spiritual pride
You may be a city councilman taking bribes on the side
You may be working in a barbershop, you may know how to cut hair
You may be somebody's mistress, may be somebody's heir.

Might like to wear cotton, might like to wear silk
Might like to drink whiskey, might like to drink milk
You might like to eat caviar, you might like to eat bread
You may be sleeping on the floor, sleeping in a king-sized bed.

It may be the devil or it may be the Lord

You may call me Terry, you may call me Jimmy
You may call me Bobby, you may call me Zimmy
You may call me R.J., you may call me Ray
You may call me anything but no matter what you say.

You're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
Our mission is the same as Christ's............as He read from the scroll...THE LORD HAS ANNOINTED

ME to PREACH GOOD NEWS TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM FREEDOM

TO THE PRISONERS AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,TO RELEASE THE OPPRESSED

TO PROCLAIM THE YEAR OF THE LORD'S FAVOUR.

THE FAVOUR OF GOD..IS GOODWILL TOWARDS MEN..NOT SATAN...

FOR SATAN IS THE EVIL SPIRIT THAT BLINDED KILLED ROBBED AND THEIVED THE DOMINION FROM ADAM'S

PROGENCY..

MEN HAVE BEEN BOUND IN SLAVERY AND DARKNESS AND IMPRISONED BY SATAN......

WEARE TO JUDGE ANGELS..WHETHER THEY ARE FROM GOD OR THE EVIL ONE....

THE ACCUSOR OR REDEEMER OF MAN..OF THE LIE OR TRUTH..IS ITA DOCTRINE OF DEMONS

THAT KEEPS MAN IN BONDAGE/WORSHIP OF IDOLS/DEMONS OR OFC HRIST..THAT SETS FREE

IN TRUTH AND OVERCOMES THE DECEPTION OF HIM THAT DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD.

YOU NEED TO BE TRAINED OF HIM TO DISCERN BETWEEN THE TWO......

YOU NEED TO KNOW WHO THE ELECT AND CHOSEN ARE[TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM/EVEN MANKIND]

THEC HILDREN OF THE RESURRECTION ARE LIKE THE ANGELS/THE CHILDREN OF GOD.

ONCE YOU KNOW WHO IS TO RECEIVE THE PROMISES/SURE MERCIES OF DAVID AND TO WHOM

IT IS THAT MERCY IS SHOWN[MANKIND] I WILL SHOW MERCY TO WHOM I WILL SHOW MERCY...

THEN WE MAY BE USEFUL UNTO THE LORD TO DO HIS WILL....

THY KINGDOM COME THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN[PLEASE NOT SATAN LOST HIS

POSITION IN HEAVEN..AND JUDAS ON EARTH AS A REFLECTION OF THIS VERY THING.

MAN,IN THE IMAGE OF GOD IS ASPIRIT..IF NOT THE HE CAN NOT WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH

THE SPIRITSOF JUST MEN MADE PERFECT IS THE NEW CREATION/INCORRUPT IMAGE.

THERE ARE MEN WHO ARE BOUND AND IMPRISONED OF SATN[SEE CASTING OUT DEMONS

THAT OUR LORD DID WHEN HE WALKED AND FULFILLED HIS COMMISSION]